• Published 12th Nov 2015
  • 4,758 Views, 91 Comments

Sunset Shimmer Becomes a Raging Frozen Fangirl - VitalSpark



Sunset Shimmer watches Frozen and really enjoys it.

  • ...
34
 91
 4,758

The Cold Never Bothered Her Anyway

"Because for the CENSORED CENSORED in CENSORED," Rainbow sang, opening the practice room door and walking in to begin rehearsals.

"I won't CENSORED CENSORED," Applejack completed, following a couple of paces behind her.

Sunset looked up from tuning her guitar. "Hey, is that the new song you've been working on, Rainbow? Sounding good!"

"Ha! Very funny," Rainbow chuckled.

Sunset was confused. "What?" She looked at all her friends, from one blank face to the next. "What are you staring at me like that for?"

"Ya honestly don't recognize that song?" Applejack said with a deadpan expression.

"No," Sunset answered, furrowing her eyebrows. "Should I?"

"From Frozen," Rarity offered, hoping to jog her memory.

"From frozen what?" Sunset asked, still oblivious.

"Frozen… it's a film," Applejack explained.

"Should I have heard of it?" Sunset asked.

"Well, it's only the biggest grossing animated film of all time," Rarity stated.

"Higher even than ours," Pinkie interrupted, receiving confused looks from the others.

Sunset shrugged. "Well, I've never heard of it. When did it come out?"

Nobody seemed quite sure. "2010? 2011?" people muttered.

"Ah, well, that explains it," Sunset said. "I was still in Equestria then."

"Ohhh…" everyone groaned, finally understanding her ignorance of the film.

"But still," Rarity said, "I would have expected you to have at least heard of it."

"Is it any good?" Sunset questioned.

Fluttershy suddenly grasped her arm and dragged her out of the doorway. The others looked at each other then followed.

Two hours later…

Sunset wiped a tear from her eye. "Oh. My. Celestia!"

Fluttershy smiled at her.

Sunset looked around at the other girls who had all gathered to watch it with her. "Ummm… I don't suppose…"

Two hours later…

"It's even better the second time," Sunset said, openly weeping. "The foreshadowing, the songs, the characters, the feelings, the… ummm… do you think we could—"

"No!" everybody chorused.

Two hours later…

"Urgh!" Rainbow sighed. "I can't believe we've all just watched Frozen three times back to back."

"Ya told me ya loved that film," Applejack said.

"Well, I do, but there's such a thing as too much Frozen."

Fluttershy and Sunset glared at Rainbow Dash.

"What? It's nearly ten o'clock! We've been watching Frozen for six hours!"

Rarity tried to broker peace by changing the subject… slightly. "So, Sunset, what's your favourite ship?"

Sunset gasped. "Kristoff and Anna!"

Applejack, Rainbow, and Rarity groaned.

"What's wrong with that?" Sunset asked.

Rarity put her hand on Sunset's knee. "Well, darling, it's a trifle unimaginative, don't you think?"

"It's canon though," Sunset responded. "Surely you can't ship her with Hans?"

"Heck no!" Applejack answered. "Elsanna OTP!"

"Els… wait what? Elsa and Anna?! But they're sisters!" Sunset complained. "You can't ship Anna with her sister."

"Whyever not, darling?" Rarity asked.

"Yeah, they're so cute together!" Applejack insisted.

Sunset furrowed her eyebrows. "Wait… don't both of you have younger sisters?"

Rarity adjusted her hair nervously. "I don't see what that has to do with anything."

Applejack blushed. "Yeah." She chuckled half heartedly. "Your point being?"

"Ummm… nothing," Sunset hastily backtracked.

Rarity yawned. "It's getting late."

Sunset and Pinkie immediately chimed in at the same time: "Sleepover!"

Fluttershy, whose house they were in was surprised, but smiled. "Oh, yes, errr, I suppose that would be okay… if you think it's a good idea, I mean."

"Frozen sleepover!" Sunset squealed excitedly.

"Just gimme a moment to call mah family," Applejack said. "Jus so's they don't worry about me."

Ten minutes later…

"Makeover time!" Sunset announced with joy.

"Ah don't like the sound of this," Applejack commented.

"Oh relax," Sunset assured her. "Now sit down and let me do your hair."

Half an hour later…

"So lemme guess… the plait you've given me, and the blue dress… and Pinkie Pie's plaited pigtails. Ah'm guessing you're goin' somewhere with this?"

"I don't know what you mean," Sunset said, feigning ignorance.

"I don't see why I have to be Hans," Rainbow complained. "These fake sideburns really itch."

"Swap places?" Rarity offered, adjusting her carrot nose.

Rainbow suddenly thought that being Hans was not such a bad thing. "Errr… no, that's okay."

"Well, I actually quite like my outfit," Fluttershy admitted, looking at her cute antlers in the mirror.

Sunset put her arm around Fluttershy and started thinking about how she could make herself look more like Kristoff. "That's the spirit! After all… reindeers are better than people!" She supposed that getting her hair cut short might be going too far.

Pinkie bounded up behind them. "Cosplay is fun. We should totally wear these outfits to the cinema when Frozen 2 comes out."

Sunset gasped. "Frozen… 2?!"

She disappeared from view. Pinkie turned around, saying, "hey, what happened to Sunset?" She almost tripped over Sunset's unconscious body on the floor.

"Oh my… talk about being over-dramatic," Rarity said.

Everybody (except Sunset) looked at her.

Rarity looked around in confusion. "What? What did I say?"

Author's Note:

In case you were wondering (and I'm sure you weren't), these are the reasons for the cosplay choices:

Applejack — Elsa — hair
Pinkie — Anna — chocolate obsession, slight immaturity
Rarity — Olaf — skin tone
Rainbow — Hans — PinkieDash shipping
Fluttershy — Sven — animals
Sunset — Kristoff — no reason really

Anyway, this story is a birthday present for MLPFan234 who is — like Sunset Shimmer, and like me — a raging Frozen fangirl. (Except I'm not a girl, but whatever.) Please wish her happy birthday in the comments!

Comments ( 91 )

I love it! I really do! It's my favorite things! Thank you!!! :raritystarry:

derpicdn.net/img/2015/7/26/944528/thumb.jpeg

Fandom obcessers in general.

6627237
I'm so happy you liked it. It just seemed the perfect combination. :pinkiehappy:

Is she gonna write some smutty fanfiction now?

:flutterrage:WHEN THE HELL WILL FROZEN 2 COME OUT!?:flutterrage:

6628114
I don't normally do sequels. But if I ever did, then that would make a lot of sense.

6628118
I'd be surprised if it were before 2019.

Freaking adorable. You rock.

6628119 If you ever do, I'd definitely read it.

Brought back my love of Frozen, full force! Love it!

Also, Hans is adorable. Pony Hans, well...

36.media.tumblr.com/11724f9436433af6da0f410fb8e6dddb/tumblr_ng0k26waR71ricvj5o1_1280.png

:raritystarry:

6628167
I'm glad you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

Sunset shrugged. "Well, I've never heard of it. When did it come out?"

Nobody seemed quite sure. "2010? 2011?" people muttered.

................... it came out in 2013...

So....... I've never actually seen Frozen.
animateit.net/data/media/april2014/gv53454c8b.gif
In my defense, I was working at a movie theatre at the time. YOU try hearing that song over and over again for 8 hours, 5 days a week, for a MONTH! Because half of my co-workers were singing it CONSTANTLY! And most didn't know the words except for the chorus, so I got to hear just that. Over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and. Over! Yes, I know, I get it, it's a great song! But seriously people, you need to...
Let it gooooooooo~
Let it goooooooooooooooo~
I can't take this song anymooooore~

6628135
Do you think Sunset Shimmer would be into anime like hardcore

6628266
Hmmm… right you are. I was thinking of Tangled. :facehoof:
But that's kinda okay for this story. They're supposed to be uncertain.

Honestly, I was expecting references to "My Past is not Today", but glad you didn't go there, this way is much more funny.

Now Sunset just needs to introduce this movie to Twilight (and possibly the rest of Equestria).

I honestly don't think you need to censor the lines to the song. It's only two lines, after all, and not the whole thing.

That said, as someone who likes the film but isn't a crazy fan, I approve. Especially as I'm going to be referencing that film in my stuff for a while.

6628388
It was rejected and I was told to remove copyrighted song lyrics.

6628266 Don't worry, I know a few people who haven't seen the movie for similar reasons. Like working in the electronic aisle in a Target when the Blu-ray came out.

I love the film, and love (and at the same time ABSOLUTELY DETEST) Let it Go, but I do admit it was a bit...overdone with how fast it spread everywhere.

6628266
6628388
6628401
In case it was not clear from the author's notes, I am a raging Frozen fangirl too. :pinkiehappy:

Though not, strictly speaking, a girl.

I honestly loved it the first time through and desperately wanted more. Then my two little sisters got ahold of the dvd release... you can guess what happened from there.

6628393 Really? I've seen other 'fics on this very site with lyrics from other copyrighted songs. Maybe it's just a straight copy...I know I got away with adapted lyrics for "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" in one of my stories...

"Urgh!" Rainbow sighed. "I can't believe we've all just watched Frozen three times back to back."

Just wait till you have kids; 3 times will seem like a mercy.

This . . . wasn't good.

I don't get "Frozen" either...

So many plot holes... especially where and how that annoying snowman came to life. He just showed up. No showing, not even telling, of why he alone out of all the hundreds of identical ones they made came to life.

Just... ugh... so much bad storytelling.

I am Sunset Shimmer. Once I got a hold of the Blu-Ray, there was no stopping me. I watched Frozen at least twelve times in a row one day, non-stop. No, I am not crazy!

That was adorable. I like how in the end Pinkie broke
Sunset

6628818
Me too. Besides the fact i'm not a fan of Disney.

NO GOD PLEASE NO

Simply to get my opinion out there on this film I think it's decent. If you think about it, it loses it's luster but it's still a nice story with some good characters.

One thing that bothered me about it though, Hans being evil is so completely out of left field. I mean I get that they didn't want to make Anna choose, but... it's so completely forced as the first 2 acts he is an upstanding sensible guy.

3rd act... totally evil sociopath that would let a woman freeze to death over a title.

I've always found that completely jarring.

Sunset, I know Frozen might've been good but please...
Let it go.

Okay, it was too good to pass up.

HAPPY B-DAY

6628968
Regardless of whether it qualifies as good writing, Hans actually acted a lot like a real life psychopath would. Charming, but totally interested only in what benefits themselves.

It's honestly kind of scary how normal & friendly they can seem at first before they reveal their self-centered uncaring empathy lacking true selves.

I totally just had to imagine reading the time intervals in the voice of the SpongeBob Squarepants narrator :rainbowlaugh:

Happy Birthday!

6628968
6629345
There are hints. For example, Hans' first line in Love is an Open Door is "I've been searching my whole life to find my own place".

Sunset shrugged. "Well, I've never heard of it. When did it come out?"
Nobody seemed quite sure. "2010? 2011?" people muttered.

IT'S BEEN THAT LONG WE'RE ALL DYING

6628818
Well, Elsa is shown creating him. He didn't just spontaneously form.

As to why she re-created Olaf rather than another snowman from their childhood. I'd guess it was because he was the one they'd built on the night she'd almost accidentally killed her sister as a child, so many years later when she argued with her sister and fled her home, Olaf happened to be the one that sprung into her mind.

I may not be a Frozen-aholic or watch it every single week or whatever, but I do love Frozen. I know it's overhyped and I can understand how that can ruin a movie for anyone. But bite me, I still love it.

And as a fan, I approve this fic!

Damn it, Sunshine! No need to be such a fixer upper! For The First Time in Forever, you really need to Let It Go...

*puts on aviators*

Sirens are better than ponies~

6629431
As a character, I think Rapunzel beats both Anna and Elsa, but as a film, I prefer Frozen.

That was kind of an abrupt ending there, wished there was more, but not bad

6629411
I might do a sequel… In Summer.

Or maybe I won't. Maybe I'm just being a troll.

"You can't ship Anna with her sister."

Watch me.

Login or register to comment