• Published 17th Jun 2012
  • 1,466 Views, 10 Comments

May - 2012 (T.W.G.) - The Writer's Group



A mix of ludicrous and a dash of WUT.

  • ...
1
 10
 1,466

Over the river and through the woods - Raryn

Author: Raryn

Prompt: You wake up with a map on your arm.

Title: Over the river and through the woods


“Oh my head...” I said, waking up as the sun came glaring through a hole in the window curtains. As I reached up to move the curtain, I felt a small pain on my foreleg and as the light shown upon it it showed that I had a new tattoo. “What the hell did I do last night!?”

As I took a closer look at my new tattoo, my vision began to swim and my stomach began to roil. I stumbled out of bed and made my way to the bathroom and promptly vomited up the contents of last night's escapades onto the floor, which apparently was a key. “What the hell!” I exclaimed and looked up at the bathroom mirror to make sure nothing else had happened. I saw myself in the mirror, a normal tan colored earth pony with a long straight mane of dark brown hair that lightened to a brownish red at the ends. “Well, at least it seems that this tattoo is all the is new...huh, what's this?”

At the edge of the mirror was a note: “That key is everything. Follow the map.” I looked at the note, then to the key, then finally to the tattooed map on my leg. “What the hell does that mean?” I picked up the key and cleaned it off. After that I took a closer look at the map. It was a simple thing: it showed a park, followed by a pond, a stream, a forest, and finally a shack. Suddenly a loud crash came from below, followed by voices.

“Find him! Find the key!”

In a panic, I dove out the bathroom window. As I fell down to the ground, I remembered that the bathroom was on the second floor. I landed with a thud and pulled myself shakily to my legs. More shouts came from inside my house as I sped off towards the nearby park. Once there, I turned and saw a large group of ponies running after me. I turned and ran towards the park's lake and from there followed the stream that led into the forest.

“What the hell is going on!” I shouted as I ran through the trees and crashed into the door of a shack and fell onto my back. “Ow...”

The door opened to reveal Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle chained together. “Oh you're finally here,” Pinkie said. “See Twilight, I told you he'd be back.”

“Heh, guess I owe you that drink now,” Twilight replied. “You there, hurry and unchain us. Before they get here.” I quickly unlocked the chains binding them. “Thanks,” Twilight said. “But I'm afraid I'll have to erase your memory, again. What's going on is something that can't get out to everypony, sorry.” I began to protest as her horn glowed brighter and brighter, then everything went black.

“Oh my head...” I said, waking up as the sun came glaring through a hole in the window curtains. As I reached up to move the curtain, I felt a small pain on my foreleg and as the light shown upon it it showed that I had a new tattoo. “What the hell did I do last night!?”