• Published 17th Jun 2012
  • 1,462 Views, 10 Comments

May - 2012 (T.W.G.) - The Writer's Group



A mix of ludicrous and a dash of WUT.

  • ...
1
 10
 1,462

Twilight's Birthday - overdonefictions

Prompt: Pinkie Pie goes shopping for party supplies

Title: Twilight's Birthday


Pinkie Pie awoke on a bright and sunny Equestrian day. She looked out her window and began her usual morning routine.

"Good morning sun!"

"Good morning Pinkie."

She ran downstairs from her room in Sugarcube Corner, greeting each and every cooking utensil. She hesitated saying hello to her calendar, looking at the date first.

"Oh my. Calendar, do you know what day it is?" Pinkie asked, putting her hooves on her sides.

"Yes, I do. It's Twilight's birthday!"

"YAAAAAAY!" Pinkie ran out the door and across the street to the party supply store. Pinkie giggled maniacally, running up and down the aisle, emptying the contents of each and every shelf into her shopping cart. Pinkie then approached the cashier. The cashier smiled at Pinkie. Pinkie stared her down.

"Cut the sh*t, you know what I'm here for, and it ain't you."

The cashier was shocked by Pinkie's sudden change in mood. She uttered the faint words "Is something wrong?"

"Ah, I'm just joshin' ya. Here's my Amareican Express card."

The cashier gladly swiped the card, seeing that Pinkie wasn't upset at her. She hooved Pinkie her card and Pinkie took off with her party goods. She ran at the door, waited for it to slowly open, as automatic doors do, then rushed out in the direction of Twilight's house.

Pinkie ran and ran, faster and faster. The wheels of her cart squeaked at each rotation. Pinkie finally leapt up into the cart and proceeded to ride the metal basket on wheels all the way to Twilight's library. Pinkie flew by other ponies on the street, all of whom were accustomed to the "Oh Celestia Pinkie's throwing a birthday party, get out of the way" ordeal. Pinkie arrived at Twilight's library with a crash. She went straight through the wooden door. Splinters and shards of wood were everywhere. Pinkie stood at the top of her mountain of party supplies, all stuffed into one cart, and yelled at the top of her lungs, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Twilight, who was nearby, studying, was completely flabbergasted. She finally managed a reply
"Pinkie. You know my birthday is tomorrow right?"

THE END