• Published 3rd Nov 2015
  • 1,000 Views, 27 Comments

LEGO Equestria Girls: More Short Stories - Chronicler06



Peace has returned to the Lego World, and the LEGO Team is always prepared for any potential threat, but being ready for anything doesn't come without its own challenges.

  • ...
4
 27
 1,000

Creative Differences

Creative Differences

“I can assure you boys, this is not the result of a scheduling conflict,” stated Luna Playwell to the three minifigs standing before her. “I have intentionally given all three of you access to the Creativity Floor for the exact same timeslot.”

The three minifigs who were gathered on the Creativity Floor with her were Sandalwood, Micro Chips, and Flash Sentry. The minifig on the left was Sandalwood, an environmental specialist. The minifig in the middle was Micro Chips, a tech specialist. He had lavender skin; black thick-rimmed square glasses around his black eyes; a smoothly-combed blueish grey hair piece; dark grey on his legs; yellow on his torso and arms; a green stripe around his neck and wrists; white suspenders on the front and back of his torso; and printed on the front of his torso close to his left shoulder was a symbol of an atom within a blue circle. And the minifig on the right was Flash Sentry, a law enforcement specialist, better known as Canterlot City’s Chief of Police. However, instead of wearing his standard blue police uniform, he had blue on his legs; black on his torso and arms; white over much of the front of his torso and in a stripe around his upper arms; a symbol of a yellow lightning bolt over a blue shield on the white area on his torso; and no hat over his spikey blue hair.

“Why would you do that?” asked Flash Sentry with a confused shrug.

“You all may be merely reserve members,” replied Luna, “but that still makes you members of the LEGO Team, and one of the most basic expectations we have of our members is a willingness to work together with others. If there is one way I can know for certain that you boys are capable of this, then it is without a doubt by practicing here on the Creativity Floor.”

“And how exactly will you be able to quantify that?” asked Micro Chips.

“You three have already proven separately that you have what it takes to become Master Builders,” replied Luna, “but now you must demonstrate that you can do the same while working together.”

“No problem, ma’am,” assured Sandalwood. “We totally got this.”

“My only request today is that I should see only one creation in this room when I return,” added Luna. “Everything else is entirely up to you.” She turned and began walking towards the door out of the room as she finished, “I shall return in approximately one hour. Good luck.” She opened the door and stepped into the hallway, closing the door on her way out.


The three guys had spent the first few minutes inspecting the piles of various Lego parts and pieces scattered across the room as they thought about possible ideas for their combined creation. They were so deep in thought that they had barely spoken to each other since Luna had left.

Eventually, Flash grabbed a small wheel and a 2x2 plate with axle pins on opposite ends. He briefly looked over these two parts before he smiled. “I got an idea,” he spoke up, catching the attention of the other two. “We could build ourselves an awesome car!”

“Are you suggesting a police car?” asked Micro Chips skeptically.

“My career choice may have been a police officer, but in case if you haven’t noticed, I’m currently wearing my off-duty uniform,” responded Flash as he gestured at his torso. He dropped the wheel and axle plate and picked up a pair of 1x1 bricks, each with an indented stud on one side, and continued, “The truth is that I still haven’t outgrown my passion for music, so I was thinking of building a customized car with an awesome sound system, with speakers that completely surround the driver on every side and can play your favorite tunes loud enough for everyone around you to feel the music.”

Micro Chips reached for another pile and picked up a pair of 2x2 sloped bricks with various technical buttons and monitors printed on their slopes as he explained, “I like the car idea, but I think instead of a sound system, we should install all the latest high-tech gadgets that can fit inside, such as biometric recognition, GPS navigation, voice-activated commands, and autonomous parallel parking.”

Sandalwood held up a small propeller and stated, “But what we should actually build is a car that is fueled by renewable sources of energy. By not being held hostage to Octan Fuels, this car will be able to go anywhere in the world with no worries about mileage.”

With their ideas all laid out, the three guys glanced at one another and grinned. Almost immediately, they rushed for the parts bins and swiftly began grabbing all the pieces they wanted. A basic chassis and frame on wheels came together rather quickly, but once that was done, the three minifigs quickly went their own ways.

Flash Sentry attached parabolic dishes to some 1x1 bricks with a single stud on one side, then put those special bricks together with a few basic ones, completing a large set of subwoofers. He grinned at this setup and quickly started building a few more just like that one.

Micro Chips attached to the car a pair of pieces that were connected to each other by a hinge. He then carefully adjusted the direction of the hinged section, using a protractor to precisely measure its angle. Once he achieved his desired measurement, he smiled and moved on to his next set of pieces.

Sandalwood finished covering a black 4x8 plate in blue and white 1x1 tiles in a random arrangement, creating a solar panel. Smiling at his accomplishment, he then picked up the solar panel and lifted it into the roof of the car. However, before he could climb up there to make the attachment, he glanced over and saw Micro Chips grabbing some of those 1x1 tiles that were meant for a second solar panel. Sandalwood promptly spun around and shoved Micro Chips away while exclaiming, “Dude! Get your own bricks!”

Micro Chips dropped the tiles as he stumbled forward, tripping over a brick on the floor, and fell onto one of Flash Sentry’s mega subwoofers, causing it to tip over and fall apart.

“Hey, watch it, man!” shouted Flash as he shoved Micro back. “I just barely put this thing together!”

Micro Chips stumbled backwards until his feet ended up on a pair of attached 1x1 round bricks that were lying on their side. He struggled to regain his balance atop the rolling round surface before falling flat on his face, flinging the parts past Sandalwood and knocking over a small wind turbine, which then smashed to pieces as it hit the floor.

Sandalwood briefly gawked at his destroyed wind turbine, then glared at Micro and grumbled, “Dude, you’re harshing the flow.”

Micro Chips sat up and readjusted his glasses as he shot back, “Hey, you did that on purpose!”

Before the argument could continue, Flash removed an antenna from atop the roof of the car and tossed it aside.

This made Micro Chips immediately gasp and exclaim, “My GPS navigational receiver!” He promptly responded by grabbing a bunch of his 2x2 sloped bricks with technical printing and placed them all around the front interior of the car.

Flash Sentry swiftly rushed over to Micro and shouted, “Hey! You just put your techno-junk where I was gonna place my subwoofers!”

“Well you put your sound system where I was gonna add half of my gadgets!” Micro Chips shot back.

Sandalwood then stepped up to the other two and argued, “And where am I supposed to install my hydrogen fuel cell when there are speakers and computers in the way?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” Flash rebuked with frustration. “Maybe this car doesn’t need to be fueled by every source of energy at once!”

All three minifigs on the Creativity Floor were quickly reaching a critical breaking point. As one, they all shouted at each other, “You’re ruining my creation!”

Knock knock knock!

The three guys suddenly froze in place and turned to the source of the knocking, just in time to watch the door open and Luna Playwell enter the room. As she approached, they all quickly stepped away from their creation and stood beside each other while putting up their best smiles.

Luna walked up to the single creation in the middle of the room. She stopped right in front of it and her eyes widened as she muttered, “Oh my.”

Convinced that Luna was disappointed in them, the three guys frowned and lowered their heads in shame. Micro Chips sadly said, “We’re really—”

“Proud of yourselves, I hope,” Luna interrupted, before turning to the guys and revealing that she was actually smiling.

The guys looked up at her in shock, then glanced over and finally took a good look at what they had built. The completed car had a set of large speakers and subwoofers in the back, various kinds of technical switches and buttons in the middle, and an electric engine in the front with a pair of solar panels on the roof.

Luna continued, “This is quite an ingenious vehicle you boys have been able to build. And I especially like how you were able to incorporate your own unique styles in all the right places.”

“Uh, thanks,” said Flash Sentry contently. “I mean, you can’t exactly enjoy a sweet ride if you can’t go far with it.”

“Not to mention,” added Micro Chips, “an epic stereo system can be the ultimate of interior features.”

“And let’s not forget,” finished Sandalwood, “there’s no better way to guarantee efficiency than with the latest in modern technology.”

“I am very pleased to see this exercise was a complete success,” stated Luna. As she turned away and headed back to the door, she happily continued, “I shall be sure schedule more of these team-building sessions for the next few weeks. I am certain that you boys won’t have much trouble working with other reserve team members. Have a nice day!”

As soon as Luna was out of the room and had shut the door, the three guys slumped and let out sighs of exhaustion. Flash Sentry bitterly remarked, “This whole teamwork thing is a lot harder than it looks.”

Author's Note:

Even though I still don't think I'm very good with writing background characters, I actually found this short story much easier to write than the previous one. I guess it just seemed easy to imagine these three guys having such very different building styles and how problematic it would be to try combining them into a single creation (kind of like how that submarine from the Lego Movie very obviously showed who built which sections).