• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 836 Views, 20 Comments

Techno of Emotions - Ripcord



Vyanl and Ripcord have found love in a strange way.

  • ...
1
 20
 836

Day 4

I walked up stairs to grab a few items for todays show in Apple Acres, I had to put on a show for the coming apple harvest. Every year in Ponyville, ponies from across the surrounding farming communities come in and celebrate the coming harvests. I was personally asked by Apple Jack to put on a light show to put everyone into a harvesting mood. I happily obliged of course, but this was two weeks ago, before Octavia left me. I gathered my items and headed back down stairs, I again heard a violin playing in the back of my mind but I disregarded it and continued on. I reached for my jacket but couldn't find it.

"Where is that damned th....Oh yeah it's at the studio, haha so forgetful," I told myself as I headed out the door. I walked outside and it was cloudy out and gloomy, very few ponies were out except the pegasis ponies moving the clouds in for the day. It was an unscheduled drizzle of rain for the day to help soften down the ground for the Harvest Festival. I floated newspaper over my head as the rain came, It was a soft rain but I still didn't want to get wet. I began to run to my studio as the rain slowly became harder, I saw lighting and looked at it as I ran. It was blue lightning which was a treat on days like this, but because of my carelessness I broke down the door to my studio. The door was under me and mud flew into the room and onto the floor, I got up and kicked my hoofs off before entering the room. As I got up I realized that Soft Treble was sitting in the chair waiting for me, she looked terrified upon my entrance but relaxed as I pulled the mud off my face.

"Oh Celestia deary, you startled me," Soft Treble said.

"Sorry, the blue lightning distracted me and...door," I blushed as I spoke.

"Ah door, well now deary I heard that you had to perform today at Apple Acres. So I thought we could add some class to your music,"

"That would be wonderful Treble," I said motioning Soft Treble into the recording room. "Here put these headphones on and I'll play to the beat for the song. After your done we'll incorporate your music into what will be made for the Festival," I yelled through the glass because the door slammed shut as Soft Treble entered. I pointed up at a red light and flashed it green a few timed before letting remain a solid green flicker. She began to play a soft, sweet melody, and the hum of her violin only echoed the beautiful sound that was being composed. I listened close and heard something different about the song, I heard words as I turned up the volume. It was a story, a sad story with a sweet serenity to it. She continued on and my eyes began to water, I felt her heart song, what she was feeling years ago when Octavia left forever. Upon completion of her Recessional my head was already hidden with my arms and I was whimpering softly, I didn't notice that she left the studio. She came up behind me and rubbed my back and put her head next to mine.

"You can hear the story now can't you?" She whispered into my ear.

"*sniff* yes, it's beautiful, and I heard it, the words," I replied softly.

"Now you know why I care,"

"because you too lost Octavia, Treble," I whimpered softly to her. I raised my head and Soft Treble backed away, I looked at her and she had a tear slowly falling down her face. I got up and pulled her into me, this time it was her turn to let out the pain she bottled up over the years. Yet she couldn't cry, Soft Treble only smiled and said thank you. She let go and looked at my synthesizer, I looked over at it too and it was glowing a warm orange color. I went over and touched it softly and hue became stronger as I rubbed the chassis, the warmth of of glow was calming.

"It's ready, go and play it Vinyl," Said Soft Treble quietly. I grabbed the synthesizer and carried it into the the studio, I plugged it in as the door shut behind me. I set it gently on the table in the studio, I placed my hand back on it and felt the heartbeat of the machine. It was slow and rhythmic, and you could feel the pulses in the magic it extruded from the speakers. I turned the machine on and began to play, the sounds it made were warm and frantic putting you in a calm state. The synthesizer hue began to grow brighter and it slithered it's way onto the floor and creating a foggy affect onto the floor. This mystical feeling brought warmth to my body and relaxed my muscles, I was going numb everywhere but still remained standing. The hue began to grow brighter and stronger, I backed up thinking it was going to explode again. Yet it didn't, instead it made the dust floated in the floor wave and jump to the beat. I came back to it and started to hit the bass harder, the treble exploded along side it and a soft piano sound filled the background. I looked up and Soft Treble was smiling, she knew that the song was about hope although it may not sound like it to an untrained ear.

I finished the song and stepped back form the synthesizer and watched as the hue slowly began to fade. I smiled because for once, for what seemed like forever, I wasn't alone. I was accepted by a mare who I never saw, but knew me well. Soft Treble smiled as I walked out and hugged me.

"Beautiful deary, just beautiful," Soft Treble said quietly. I walked over to the soundboard and started to mix the two sounds, it took a few minutes but the two completely different styles mixed perfectly. It brought a warm feeling into your heart when the song was played, it was perfect. I grabbed my synthesizer and the disk from the soundboard, I waved to Soft Treble as I ran out the door. It was slippery out but the heat from the sun quickly dried the ground and made it easy to run on, I ran as fast as I could to Apple Acres. I reached it quickly and ran into the orchard where they were holding the event. I decided to come early to enjoy in the festivities and the games earth ponies traditionally partake in. The one thing I thoroughly enjoy is a drinking contest where all earth ponies tested there livers against one another.

There was one were it was a Hay Maker heavy drop, I walked over to watch this. It was amazing to see how much these ponies could drink actually, one of the actually finished an entire keg in 5 minutes and walked off like nothing happened. It was wonderful to see this and more, as I walked away one of them grabbed my hind hoof and pulled me back.

"Where do you think your going little pony, it's your turn," said a bug gray one enthusiastically.

" Ok then, lets do this shall we," I said confidently as they carried me cheering to the table. They set me down and slided a tankard in front of me, another large brown pony, speckled in black sat down on the other end. They slid him a tankard and he grasped it harshly in his hoof, the other earth ponies gathered round and watched this spectacle.

"A unicorn drinking more than an earth pony," said an earth pony.

"Yeah it's unheard of," said another.

"Hey shush up lets see what she can do," a third one chimed in. They all watched intently, waiting to see who could drink more. The refry put his hoof on the table, we both nodded and he threw his hoof into the air. I slammed the first one down as fast as the other pony and quickly another one appeared in front of me. After about five full tankards my head began to hurt with my stomach, the other pony looked like he was about to fall over to but we continued to drink. Soon 9 were down and I couldn't hold it down anymore, I was about to throw up but the other pony did first. I held my juices down and all the earth ponies came in and hoisted me up cheering, they yelled and threw drinks into the air in celebration. The fact that I out drank a farmer was impressive to these ponies and they revered me for a while before letting me down.

The day drew on as I sobered up under a tree, the light was filtered through the leaves of the tree. The birds chirped along with the earth ponies festive songs, the smell of freshly brewed Rainbow Juice filled the air. It was a good afternoon and I watched the ponies dance and sing along joyously, they didn't care about anything today. It was there day. So sun down came quickly and I tried to get up and walked back to the farm, I heard a pony nervously speaking on the stage trying to entertain the others. as I walked I noticed the pony she looked familiar but then it hit me. Apple Jack was sitting on stage stalling as best she could and soon she noticed me and she quickly diverted the attention.

"And then she....OH HEY look the entertainment is here, everyone give large round of applause for VINYL SCRATCH!" She trotted quickly down the stairs of the stage and stopped me before I went up. "Hey sugar, thanks for getting here when you did, it was getting mighty tough to entertain these fellas," Apple Jack said weakly, I nodded and went up the stairs to the stage. When I got up the crowd began to cheer and clap for me, I paid no attention and set up the synthesizer quickly. It began to glow that warm orange glow, I plugged the CD into the synthesizer. The music was hypnotizing and put everyone into a trance, the combination of techno and viola was magnificent. The synthesizer created an orange glow that drifted its way off the the stage and me, the audience became more relaxed and happy. Then the bass dropped with a heavy treble and the crowd was put into a jubilant state and smiled brightly, they had a feeling brought unto them that only a emotion could pull out. The waves of amber began to fade away as the song did and all the earth pony farmers began to rise from there seats. Relaxed and calmed they said goodbye to everyone and walked there separate ways. I grabbed the synthesizer and walked off the stage in the opposite direction of the other ponies.

It was dark out and the orchard was gleaming in the moonlight, the smell of freshly grown apple filled the night air. I walked on and suddenly was stopped by the sound of a violin, I turned around thinking Octavia came to the festival. She knew I played today, I knew she still loved me.

"Octavia.....OCTAVIA, where are you?" I yelled and searched frantically, I ran through the orchard and found nothing. My synthesizer dropped along with me, the sound disappeared with the moon that night. The clouds moved in quickly and it began to drizzle again, it was light unlike my heart. I wanted so bad to believe she came back, my mind was bent and beaten to make me believe she was here.

"Why *sniff ahhh* WHY!! AAAHHHHH....." I yelled wobbling around in my sudden depression. I couldn't get over the fact the I believed this illusion. I wanted her back so badly I believed anything....just anything.

"I just want you back, I just want you back Octavia *sniff*. I JUST WANT YOU OCTAVIA.....*aaaahhh*fuck me she can't hear me, she's *sniff* gone," I cried into the night. Yelling and kicking not caring if anyone heard me, the soft touch of the rain kissed my skin. It's cold embrace held me lightly on the ground, and I began to tire. My heart was to heavy to let me leave, so I stayed on the ground and let the night take me.

"Hey, haha welcome back girl. I was getting boared," Said the monster mockingly. I was in the orchard rising from where I fell asleep. It was Black everywhere I looked and the only thing i could see was 7 trees around me, and her. She climbed down from the ladder wearing a stray hat and holding an apple. I looked at her intently and she smiled back.

"So how are your legs girl, are they haha a bit stiff," it asked in a rude tone. She continued on eating the apple and walked closer to me.

"Why do you care, your just a lie!" I hissed back at her. She began to laugh loudly and a bloody tear ran down her face, she stopped abruptly and disappeared in a black haze. I felt a hoof on my flank and spun around quickly, she was there and her mane began to fall of revealing the wound from before.

"Oh girl your just hurting my feeling, If I'm a lie how can I do this," She said softly as she lifted me by the throat up slammed me to the ground.

"You can't tell me this doesn't feel real to you girl, you can't tell me that I'n a LIE!" She yelled and the roots shot through my arms and legs. They wrapped quickly around me limbs and held me down, the blood trickled from the openings of the roots. I screamed in pain and she just laugh along.

"*GUH* ah why do you do this *AAAHHH* to m-me?" I asked weakly fighting the pain. The roots pulled tighter and and went deeper into my skin, wrapping around my bones. I cried out into the darkness but no one heard.

"HA, you think I enjoy this, no. I enjoy this *clop*" She clicked her hoofs and the roots ripped my left arm off.

"AAAAAHHHHH FUCK!" I yelled as the roots began to tighten around my other limbs. She smiled intently, and put her hoofs back up.

"N-n-no p-please no more, just l-let me go," I pleaded.

"Only if you let me out,"

" Fuck you," I said weakly, she smiled and got close to my face.

"So be it," She said quickly. She turned around and clacked her hoofs three times, the roots began to constrict and then *RIP* every limb was ripped from my body and pulled into the ground. It was so painful I couldn't scream, the pain was making me black out and she came close to me and whispered into my ear.

"I'll win soon enough my dear, I certainly don't need your permission to do so either," She said as I blacked out.

I jumped up off the ground in Apple Acres and toppled myself over. I couldn't feel my arms or legs and I fell into a tree, the Night Terror was intense this time. I was sweating still and the pain was still there in my muscles, I wanted to die in the dream but I couldn't let her win. The morning was cold and I couldn't move from fear and pain, I felt helpless and just sat there.