• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 4,036 Views, 45 Comments

Princess, I Shrunk the Ponies! - NintendoGal55



Twilight's latest spell ends up shrinking her and her friends

  • ...
5
 45
 4,036

Night Falling

Some time later, though neither knew how much later, Fluttershy soon awoke. When she looked outside, she could see that it was getting dark, much to her alarming dismay. How long had they been napping? What time was it? Where was everypony else? She worried especially for their friends, wondering where they were, what they were doing, and if they were okay. So many worries...

Next to her, Rainbow Dash was still laying there asleep, with a peaceful smile on her face. As if what was going on wasn't even happening...

'She must be having a good dream...' Fluttershy thought, smiling softly as she gazed at her. 'I should wake her up, we have to think of a plan or at least get moving... But I don't want to disturb her... She must be having a good dream and wouldn't want to wake up into harsh reality...'

Rainbow Dash, meanwhile, remained peacefully asleep, with the only movements being that of her wings, which fluttered a bit and then stilled, folding into her sides. She shifted a bit, her head resting upon her crossed forelegs, and her tail curled around her body. She moaned softly, and then murmured in her sleep, "Fluttershy..."

Taken aback, Fluttershy blinked, then smiled as she continued to observe her longtime friend. 'She's dreaming about me? Awww.... I wonder what she's dreaming of...'

Rainbow Dash sighed in her sleep, still smiling. She then reached out one hoof, touching Fluttershy's hoof briefly, before pulling back. Again, she murmured her name. "Mmmh...Fluttershy..."

Giggling softly, Fluttershy whispered to her, "Yes, Rainbow?"

Still lost in her dream, Rainbow Dash answered, "I have something to tell you..."

"Oh...?" Fluttershy played along some more, smiling a bit more. Sometimes they did partake in cute little games like this, she couldn't help it! "What is it, Rainbow?"

"I've wanted...to say this...for a long time..." Rainbow whispered softly.

Fluttershy scooted closer to her, slowly, and quietly. The creamy yellow mare gently touched her hoof, smiling. "You can tell me...I'm listening."

"I wanted...to tell you..." The cyan mare lifted her head, still asleep, and leaned closer to the creamy yellow mare.

"Yes...? You wanted to tell me what...?" Fluttershy encouraged, feeling her heart racing.

"...I'm hungry." Rainbow Dash cracked open one eye, grinning sheepishly as her stomach rumbled loudly.

"Oh!" Fluttershy gasped, wide-eyed. "Um...were you...awake?"

"Barely..." Rainbow Dash lifted her head and yawned, rubbing at her eyes tiredly. "How long were we asleep, anyway...?"

"I...I don't know..." Fluttershy frowned. "But it's getting dark...we must have been asleep for a few hours now."

"Flying feathers..." Rainbow muttered, yawning again and stretching her limbs and wings. "We should try to get moving again, before it's too dark to see at all..."

"I suppose we could...at least we know where we are, so we'll be able to navigate to the Everfree Forest... Oh, but it's much to dangerous at night! Even more so since we're so tiny!" Fluttershy stuck close to her in fear.

"Are you crazy? We're not going into the Everfree Forest at night!" Rainbow shook her head, slightly more awake now. "I just meant we should find a better place than an overturned bucket to shelter for the night!"

"Oh..." Fluttershy nodded, feeling less afraid. "All right...so...where could we go?"

"Well...we're about in the park outside the town square...right...?" Rainbow asked, peering outside the bucket.

Fluttershy nodded, glancing back over to their Daddy Long-Leg friend, then trotted over to join her.

"Yes, we are. So we shouldn't too far from a potential place for proper shelter..."

Rainbow Dash cast a wary glance at the Daddy Long-Leg, who blinked his beady eyes at the cyan Pegasus, but otherwise made no movement. "Okay, so we can try to find...I dunno, a hole in the ground or find a way into somepony's house, maybe?"

Fluttershy thought for a moment, biting her lip. "We could make our way to my cottage... It's the closest shelter to the Everfree Forest. But I wonder if we would get there before dark..."

Rainbow Dash thought for a moment, and then nodded. "I guess we could do that. At least then we'll be that much closer to the Everfree Forest in the morning..."

"And maybe our friends will think to go there too!" Fluttershy realized, her wings flaring, "Rainbow, we have to go, now! We'll go to my cottage and wait there until morning!"

"Good idea, Fluttershy!" Rainbow nodded, spreading out her own wings. "Let's get flying!"

Feeling relieved, motivated even, Fluttershy smiled and kissed her cheek. "Let's get flying, Rainbow."

Blushing mildly, Rainbow Dash nodded and trotted outside the bucket. Rain was still falling, but it was very light right now, practically a drizzle. "Let's go, then!"

The two Pegasi flapped their wings, heading out to brave the light falling rain and oncoming darkness. It was uncertain as to whether or not they would make it to Fluttershy's cottage in time, but at least they had a goal in mind. Which was all they really needed right now.


"Rarityyyyyyy!!!" Twilight yelled over the rushing wind on the flight. "Rarityyyyy!! We have to steer this guy! I have an idea!!!"

"What?!" Rarity cried over the rushing wind. "What did you say, Twilight?!"

"I said I have an idea!! We have to steer the bird!!" Twilight yelled back.

"Steer the bird?!" Rarity yelled. "How do we do that?!"

"I don't know!!" Twilight yelled. "But we have to direct him to Fluttershy's cottage!"

"Fluttershy's cottage?!" Rarity repeated. "Why are we going there, Twilight?!"

Twilight didn't respond for a moment as she tried to think of a plan to slow down the bird and steer him to where she wanted them to go. Getting an idea, she closed her eyes and concentrated her magic, channeling it toward the bird's feathers.
Once it passed, the bird slowed down in his flight.

"Fluttershy's cottage is right on the border of the Everfree Forest!" Twilight said, no longer having to yell. "We'll have shelter, and be close to there!"

"Why, you're absolutely right!" Rarity realized, nodding. "What a wonderfully splendid idea, Twilight!"

"Great!" Twilight smiled, taking a few breaths of relief. "Now we just have to figure out a spell we can use to steer the bird..."

"Allow me!" Rarity closed her eyes and focused her magic, concentrating on the bird's flight path. After a few moments, the bird changed his path and began flying towards the Everfree Forest, and Fluttershy's cottage!

Twilight blinked, staring at the snow-white Unicorn with wide eyes. She had not thought of Rarity learning a spell like that. Granted, Rarity was talented at finding gems with her magic, but this kind of magic? She had never thought it possible. "How...did you...?"

"Do you remember that book I requested to borrow a while ago?" Rarity smiled and winked at her fellow Unicorn. "I wished to learn a few new spells, so that I would be of more use in a dire situation."

"...Wow..." Twilight smiled, looking to her with admiration. "That's great of you, Rarity! I mean, you already have proven your worth a lot of times, but that's pretty resourceful of you."

"Why, thank you, Twilight!" Rarity beamed with pride, her eyes lighting up. "Besides, I have oftentimes had to use such a spell to get my dear Opalesence down from a tree!"

"I guess so," Twilight giggled, "That's pretty good. What else did you learn?"

"Just enough magic so that I would be much more useful in a dire situation such as this." Rarity told her with a wink. "Perhaps you shall see during the course of this journey!"

Twilight smiled, winking back, "I'll keep that in mind, Rarity."
Rarity giggled, smiling in return. "You just do that, Twilight."

Looking out ahead, Twilight could barely make out the distance between here and Fluttershy's cottage, but was getting something of a general idea. "Okay, so since we're flying at... 30 miles per hour or so, at an altitude of maybe 200 feet...give or take, since we're much smaller... I'd say we'll get to her cottage in about half an hour."

Rarity looked at the darkening sky worriedly. "I certainly hope so. I don't know if there's enough daylight remaining to guide us there safely."

"You're right..." Twilight looked up as well, biting her lip. "At this time of year, nighttime comes early. So it must be well after six by now."

"It must be." Rarity nodded. She then smiled sheepishly as her stomach growled. "Which also means it's well after suppertime..."

"We should be able to collect scraps from the floor when we get there," assured the lavender Unicorn, "Considering her animals, I wouldn't be surprised."

"I suppose that shall have to suffice..." Murmured the pure-white Unicorn. "Mind you, I don't quite fancy the idea of nibbling on the food for her animals..."

"Neither would I... But if we're lucky, we might find scraps of various vegetables! She has Angel, after all."

"Yes, I suppose that's true..."

Since they still had time to spare, Twilight thought for a moment. It was actually the first time in...a while, that she actually spent some one-on-one time with Rarity. She could feel a stab of regret for that, since Rarity really was a good friend and great to spend time with. Yet, she was so busy with her studies, just as always, it was no wonder they didn't have much time together.

"So...well, Rarity...how are things? You know, before this whole thing started...?"

"Oh, well...just fine, Twilight. Of course I told everypony about my breakthrough. Aside from that, everything is running fine. Yourself?"

"Well, uh...great!" Twilight smiled sheepishly. "I learned a lot of great things about Equestrian history, some things about animals thanks to Fluttershy's lessons...and...um..." She shrugged a bit. "Some...things..."

"What things?" Rarity inquired, tilting her head to the side. "Please explain, dear."

"Um..." Twilight blushed, looking down a bit. "It's nothing, really."

"Oh, you can tell me, Twilight." Rarity insisted, gently nuzzling the lavender Unicorn. "I promise I won't laugh."

"It's not that, it's just, I question why I feel this way and if it's even a good idea or-...no, I don't think I can say it," the distressed mare lay flat on her belly atop the bird.

"Whatever is the matter, Twilight?" The fashionista mare frowned, nuzzling her friend gently and laying down beside her.

Twilight nuzzled her back, appreciating her efforts, then lay her head down on her forelegs. "I don't know, Rarity... It's just... I've been feeling strange, lately."

Rarity looked at her curiously, placing a foreleg carefully around her shoulders. "How so, Twilight? If I may ask?"

Frowning to herself, Twilight wondered where all this was coming from. Why was she even talking about it? It didn't make sense, not in the least. It was pretty much supposed to be the LAST thing on her mind at this point.

"I don't even know how to describe it. But lately, when I'm around..."

"When you're around...?" Rarity looked at her intently. It would've normally been the farthest thing from her mind, given the circumstances. But it did provide a distraction, which is just what she felt she needed right now.

Sighing, Twilight bit her lip as she could now see the awkward aspects of the conversation. "...Spike. And I'm not sure why, either."

"Spikey-Wikey?" Rarity's eyes widened slightly. Then, to Twilight's surprise, she smiled. "Why, Twilight Sparkle! I had no idea you felt that way for our darling little dragon!"

"Felt that-what?" Twilight looked at her with wide eyes, unsure of what to think. "What do you mean??"

"Why, isn't it obvious?" Rarity's smile grew. "You like Spikey-Wikey, don't you? As in, like-like him?"

"...Is THAT why I'm feeling so weird around him?"

"Certainly so! I read romance novels, after all! Your heart just goes all a-flutter when he's around, does it not?"

Blushing, Twilight looked down with embarrassment. "Oh...well, I guess...but it's just... I don't know! I don't know what to do, how to feel, how to react or... Oh, he's a baby dragon! I know technically he's only a couple of years younger than us, by ageing standards. But biologically, he's still a baby dragon and I'm a full grown mare! ...Who am I kidding, anyway? He sees me as a friend..a big sister, even."

"Are you quite sure of that?" Rarity questioned, raising a delicate eyebrow. "I've seen the signs, Twilight. I'm almost certain Spikey-Wikey may be hiding his feelings for you, darling."

"Are you kidding? He likes you!" Twilight rolled her eyes, shaking her head.

"Oh yes, I've certainly seen the adoration in his eyes when he looks my way." Rarity blushed and giggled a bit. "But I'm afraid I have my eyes and my heart set upon somepony else."

An opening! Twilight zipped her gaze right back to Rarity, glad for a chance to get the subject off of her. "Really? You like somepony?"

Rarity blushed deeper and nodded. "Oh, yes...yes, I do...but I'm afraid I cannot tell them..."

"But why not?" Twilight frowned, looking puzzled.

"Because I'm afraid..." Rarity confessed, burying her snout in her hooves with shame.

"...Why are you afraid?" Twilight placed a hoof on Rarity's back.

"Well..." Rarity sighed and then took a deep breath. "I'm afraid because...because she may not return my feelings..."

"She? I kinda figured it was a mare, since you referred to them as they..." Twilight mumbled. "I didn't know you liked mares, Rarity...or are you bisexual?"

"I suppose...I am bicurious..." Rarity admitted. "Not really bisexual...but certainly not a fillyfooler, either..."

Thinking that over for a moment, Twilight could see that it made sense, even if she herself never quite felt that way. "I guess I see what you mean...well, there IS an exception to rules, isn't there? Well...okay, who is this pony? Do I know her?"

"I should think so!" Rarity nodded, doing her best to remain dignified. "After all, she is one of our dear friends!"

Eyes wide, Twilight whistled a little. "Wow. Goodness... Is it... Pinkie?"

"Pinkie Pie?" Rarity blinked, and then shook her head, laughing a bit. "Why no, certainly not! Pinkie Pie is much too...random...for me!"

"Can't argue with that..." Twilight smiled in amusement. "Then...Applejack?"

"...Maybe..." Rarity's eyes shifted to the side, and her snout scrunched up a bit.

"Well, I doubt it's Rainbow or Fluttershy," Twilight said dryly, looking at her pointedly. "But why are you afraid to tell Applejack?"

"Because she's Applejack, Twilight!" Rarity shook her head. "Dirty, uncivilized, ill-mannered Applejack! Do you have any idea what that would look like?!"

Twilight opened her mouth to ask what she meant by that, only for her gaze to avert back to the land ahead. Much to her surprise, the bird was already fast approaching Fluttershy's cottage. Had they been flying faster? Did time go by faster than she thought?

"Oh! We're already here? Wow!"

Rarity sighed, glad for the distraction from the topic. "My, oh my! We certainly got here fast, didn't we?"

Nodding in agreement, Twilight rose herself up to see better.

Approaching the area of Fluttershy's cottage, already the bird was beginning his descent toward it.

Rarity smiled a little as the bird began his descent. "It seems our little friend here knows Fluttershy's cottage quite well, Twilight!"

"You're right, he must have been in her care at least once. Not surprising at all," Twilight remarked in agreement.

The bird twittered at the two Unicorns in response, flying lower towards the woodland cottage.

Eventually, the bird landed on the ground, not far from the oversized mouse hole near the front door. Once having landed, the bird lowered himself, stretching his wing out for the two ponies to use as a gateway off his back.

"Wow, we made it!" Twilight carefully slid down the wing and onto the ground.

"And just in the nick of time, it seems!" Rarity followed Twilight off the bird's wing and to the ground.

"That's good, we still have some time before it gets too dark."
Twilight looked up at the sky, then turned back to the bird, thanking him for his troubles. The bird tweeted to them, then flew off toward one of the bird houses nearby so he could rest.

"Shall we enter?" Rarity looked toward the mouse hole, uncertain. Although she knew the cottage quite well, she still felt awkward about entering it without Fluttershy's knowledge.

"I think we should. It's shelter and we'll be safe," Twilight nodded. "And I think Fluttershy will understand. This is a pretty trying crisis, after all."

"Yes, I suppose you're right." Rarity nodded, feeling a little more at ease. "I wouldn't be at all surprised if Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash were to get the idea to come here, either."

Twilight nodded in agreement, already leading the way toward the hole. "You know, I was thinking that, too! They're probably on their way right now, since the rain stopped and all."

Rarity nodded, following behind her. "You're probably right about that! Well then, let's go inside and settle ourselves in for the night!"


At Sugarcube Corner, as much as the two ponies were safe and sound inside, the crisis was still in progress. Applejack and Pinkie Pie were still trying to locate Anty, but were unable to. They had been searching, for hours, around the main party room so far, but with no luck.

Applejack was beginning to worry, thinking that he might have indeed gone upstairs.

"Ah cain't see hyde nor seek of 'im here..." Groaned the orange mare, glancing toward her companion. "Anythin' over at yer end?"

"Nopey-dopey-lopie!" The pink mare shook her head, bounding back over to the orange mare. "Anty's not in the kitchen anymore!"

"...Ah cain't believe it..." Applejack moaned, sitting on her haunches.

"Don't worry, Applejackie!" Pinkie grinned, bouncing in place excitedly. "I know just the thing to lure Anty out of hiding!"

"An' what would that be?" Applejack sighed, taking her hat off her head and scratching her ears before putting it back on.

Pinkie opened up her makeshift saddlebags and took out a piece of the muffin she'd gathered earlier. "Just watch!" She laid it on the floor and stood back, watching intently.

Applejack looked from Pinkie to the scrap of muffin a couple of times, trying to make sense of her plan.

"So...yer tryin' ta lure him with a muffin. Awright, Ah guess it would work. Problem is, there's a ton o' them scraps all around... Ya think he might go fer it?"

"He will! You'll see!" Pinkie grinned, never taking her eyes off the piece of muffin, waiting for the ant to come along to gather it up.

Exhaling, Applejack decided to just let it go. A plan like this was better than no plan at all. She turned, looking up toward the windows of the bakery. Much to her surprise, it was dark outside. Did time really fly that much? She hadn't even realized it at all.

Looking at a nearby clock on the wall, she saw that it was quarter to seven. No wonder it was dark.

"Well Pinkie, looks like we'll be stayin' in here fer tha night. Ah think it even stopped rainin', though."

"It did?" Pinkie blinked and looked out the window, herself. "Oooh, it did! And now it's getting dark outside!"

"Too bad we cain't go on up ta yer room an' sleep in there..." Applejack sighed, sitting back down again.

"Nopey-dopey-lopie! It'd be morning by the time we got upstairs!" Pinkie shook her head, still watching the piece of muffin.

"Exactly," Applejack agreed, sighing again. "But we'll have ta find a safe place ta sleep, so we don't get stepped on or blown away."

"Okey-dokey-lokie!" Pinkie nodded, and started to bounce away.

"Hey! Where ya goin'?!"

"To find us a safe place to sleep, silly filly!"

"Okay..." Applejack watched her go, blinking. "Ah guess Ah'll watch tha muffin..."

"You do that, Applejackie!" Pinkie called over her shoulder.

Rolling her eyes slightly, but smiling anyway, Applejack sat in waiting. And waiting. Just waiting for any kind of sign of their insect friend. But what if he did leave? What if he wasn't even inside the bakery anymore? It worried her, since he was definitely helpful transportation.

Yes, that was the reason...

Sighing, the farm pony lay down on her stomach, placing her head on her forelegs. "Dang...this really bites..."

A squeaking noise caught her attention after a few moments. But it wasn't the missing ant. It was a stray mouse, squeezing its way into the bakery from the mouse hole outside.

"Whoa!!" Applejack jumped up to her hooves, wide-eyed. "Hold it there, pardner! Y'all ain't comin' in here!"

The mouse squeaked and twitched its whiskers, squeezing in through the hole and scampering over to the bit of muffin Pinkie had set out to lure the ant.

"No no no! Y'all get away from that! It ain't fer you! We're usin' that ta bring back our ant friend!" Applejack approached the mouse, slowly.

Squeaking, the mouse's whiskers twitched as it sniffed the muffin bit. It nibbled a piece off, before grabbing the rest and scurrying off with it.

"Hey! Y'all get on back here!!" Applejack proceeded to chase it. "Hey! Ah'm talkin' ta ya! Get back here!"

The mouse squeaked and continued to scurry away with the muffin bit in its mouth. It paused for a minute, searching for an escape, before deciding it would leave the way it entered.

"...Fine! Run away!" Applejack called after it. "See if Ah care! Shoo!"

With one last squeak, the mouse darted outside, taking the muffin bit with it.

"Dang rodent..." Applejack sat down, glaring down at the floor. "Least Ah got some more..."

After a while, Pinkie Pie came bounding back to the orange Earth pony. "I'm backie! ...Hey, where's the muffin? Anty didn't come and take it, did he?"

"No. It was a dang mouse! He came in here, took tha muffin bit an' ran back out!" Applejack ranted, pointing toward the hole.

"A mousie?" Pinkie blinked, and then laughed. "Oh, that must be Squeaky! Sometimes I set out snackie for him, and he always comes in to take it!"

Applejack stared at Pinkie with incredulity."...Squeaky? Ya got a wild mouse sometimes comin' around...an' takin' bits o' scraps?"

"Yupperroonie!" Pinkie nodded, giggling. "I heard a mousie squeaking one day while I was cleaning up the store front, and there he was, sniffing around for crumblies!"

"...Ah see..." Applejack sighed, looking out toward the mouse hole again. "But we still gotta lure Anty here."

"Okey-dokey-lokie!" Pinkie set out another crumb of muffin, watching the mouse hole to be sure that the aforementioned "Squeaky" wouldn't return for seconds.

Comments ( 12 )

Good chapter. It felt a little light on the Flutterdash. But I can't complain as the others seemed to bring some balance to help make it awesome. I look forward to more. But maybe I'm just biast.... thats probably it.

I like the ponies interactions. Rarity especially is showing up as awesome. Despite being immature in some episodes (like the one you did a watch through of, commenting all the way...) its nice to see that others also think that she has a grown up side and an interest in expanding her magical knowledge.

More snuggles please. And arriving at the cottage would be a great time for it too :)
Angel bunny could take care of them. :rainbowlaugh:

:yay::heart::rainbowkiss:

1622454 Well my co-writer and I are fans of those movies, so yes, that's exactly the intention! :raritystarry:

This fanfiction is good. I loved how it's based on honey, i shrunk the kids.. man i didnt seen that film since a while.

This story is really awesome.

Can't wait for the next chapter.. if there is going be one, right? :fluttershysad:

This is going in my favorites :D

will you be updating this soon?
i really like this :pinkiehappy:

2632383 D: No! Sad Rainbow Dash! No! I can't take it!!!

XD Don't worry, we'll be updating this just as soon as we can. :3


2629333 Of course! :pinkiesmile:

2773019 It might've been! X3

Okay, this has been read...

I liked most of this story, especially the FlutterDash. But SpiLight is a bit of a turn off. I've always seen them more as a mother/son or a sister.brother thing. Still, I don't let one element dictate my opinion. I hope you haven't given up on this.

Could you please continue this?

Login or register to comment