• Published 23rd Dec 2015
  • 3,687 Views, 36 Comments

Chaos and Magic - SShimmerFan2



In order to keep Discord from spreading chaos on Equestria, Twilight decides to marry Discord.

  • ...
12
 36
 3,687

Chapter Two: The Big Deal

The next morning, Twilight awoke in her bed to see Spike on her.

"What is it, Spike?" Twilight sat up, noticing that Spike has a scared look on his face.

"You have a visitor, princess. And it's someone you wouldn't expect to come." Spike got off of his motherly figure and led her outside.

Once she arrived outside, Twilight was shocked to see the draconequus that's been making her cry for the last few days in front of her drinking a cup of chocolate milk. "Now, what do you want?! You betrayed us all!" tears once again came to the alicorn's eyes.

"Oh, calm down purple princessy. I just want to TALK." Discord threw the cup behind him (which ended up exploding once again).

"Alright, talk." Twilight said sternly, Spike leaving to take care of the girls. Discord gave a mischievous smile to the princess and makes chairs for them to sit on.

"So, I know you and your friends have been very stressed out." Discord began to say.

"You bet we have! And it's all because of you!" Twilight began to yell until Discord put a paw finger to her lips.

"So, here's the thing. You know that I'm one for deals, correct?" Discord holding a bag of cotton candy while talking.

"Yes, Discord. YOU TRICKED ME INTO ONE OF THEM!" Twilight began to growl. Discord rolled his eyes while eating his cotton candy before speaking once again.

"As I was saying, if you want me to stop putting havoc on Equestria, you must accept my big deal that I'm offering to you." Discord's beard was beginning to roll up as if he had a big plan.

"Alright, what do you have to offer?"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Spike was watching from a nearby room, watching the two as they talk. He just didn't trust Discord, especially with the mare that's been there for him since the beginning. The only issue was he couldn't make out the conversation too well, no matter how hard he tried. When he saw a big flash of blinding light, he knew that if he waited much longer, something horrible will happen.

He burst through the doors to see Twilight holding her hooves in an uncomfortable way and the expression on her face was not really a good one. "What happened, Twilight? What did you two discu- what's that?" Spike noticed something glittering around her neck.

"Spike, do you mind sending a letter to Princess Celestia and Luna?"

Spike gave a confused look but gave a slight nod. The purple dragon took out a quill and parchment and began to write that Twilight told him too.

"Dear Princesses, I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear that I've talked to Discord about his chaos on Equestria and he's willing to stop if somepony-meaning me, would marry him." Twilight stopped when she noticed that Spike dropped the quill and she began to cry.

"Twilight, why would you except a deal like that?! IT'S DISCORD FOR PEEPS SAKE!" Spike patted her back while the princess cried.

"I had to, it was either that o-or, have D-Discord continue to spread his chaos across Equestria. And I couldn't risk it again, and I'm doing this for you and our friends. Especially Fluttershy." Twilight held onto herself while she cried even more.

"I'll finish the letter so you can let your emotions out." Spike finishes the letter while the purple princess tries to breathe but still cries. The dragon blows his fire and the letter is sent off to the princesses of Equestria.

Suddenly, Spike burped up another letter that appeared to be very urgent. The young dragon opens up the scroll and read it aloud.

"Dear Twilight, I advise you and Spike come here at once! We've got much to discuss about this deal that you made with the Lord of Chaos. Your Princess, Celestia." Twilight immediately stopped crying and used her magic to put Spike on her back.

"Uh, Twilight? Don't you think we should go after telling Rarity we won't be helping out with her fashion show?" Spike asked while Twilight face-hoofs.

"I COMPLETELY FORGOT! You're right, Spike." She hands over some more parchment and ink so he could write another letter but to Rarity instead. Once he finishes, Twilight and Spike fly off to Canterlot to talk to the princess.

One thing's for sure, Twilight has become a much better flyer than she was when she first became a princess. Anyways, when Twilight finally arrives at the palace, Princess Luna and Princess Celestia greet her with great concern.

"Twilight, please come inside quickly," Celestia motioned. Twilight looks down at Spike and then at her teacher. She just shrugged and followed the princess sisters inside the palace. Once the doors to the throne room are closed, Princess Celestia sits upon her throne.

"I know that you want to protect Equestria, but does it mean that you have to turn yourself in to that traitor!" Princess Luna asked in a worried, yet angry tone. Celestia looked at her sister with a gentle look upon her face. Luna breathed and stepped back so her older sister could talk to Twilight Sparkle.

"Well, I've learned from the both of you that a princess must make every sacrifice for their kingdom and this my sacrifice. Besides, one of you or Cadence can't do it anyways, maybe this is what my purpose as a princess is meant to be." Twilight explained. Luna's face looked a little shocked and pleased at the same time. The young princess was right, without the sacrifice of a princess, even if it would mean losing the ones they loved, that's just one of the important that you must know.

"I see your point, Twilight, but what about Ponyville? What about your friends, they'll miss you and so will the rest of Equestria." Celestia asked. Twilight breathed carefully and had to explain her situation carefully. The only way to keep Discord from spreading his chaos across was to marry him. After all, Discord was the one that had chosen this as the deal.

"Alright, if this is truly your decision, we'll stay at your side. You should tell your friends before you leave, which should be......."

"In two weeks, Discord is giving me time to clean out my castle when doing it."

Celestia and Luna let Twilight go and she greeted Spike when out of the throne room. Tears begin to form in her eyes once more because of the thought of telling Fluttershy that she was now engaged to the one she loves and the others about the fact she would basically be abandoning them to protect Equestria.

If only there was another way, but there isn't.