• Published 1st Nov 2015
  • 764 Views, 17 Comments

The tyrant of fear and hate - Askre



The Doctor and his friends arrive by accident at the edge of the Crystal Empire while it's under the tyrannical rule of King Sombra. Naturally they get captured and must now somehow escape.

  • ...
1
 17
 764

Chapter 16. Foxy Stripe's sacrifice.

Author's Note:

Warning: This particular chapter is rather dark. Then again the Dark tag is on and has been since the beginning, I considered adding an extra tag but I think this is passable as nothing is described really.

Proofread by Hail King Sombra

Chapter 16

When Foxy woke up she was surprised to find herself in control. Her body responded to her own mind, absent of the constant presence that told her what to say and do. The mare was confused - yesterday was a bit of a blur, she recalled being down in the dungeons... then meeting Apple Core before meeting King Sombra. Then things started to get vaguer.

She looked down at the pillow and raised an eyebrow. It was made of silk. Then the mare glanced at the bed frame and immediately noticed that this wasn’t the bed in the guest chambers. This one was carved out of black crystal.

Foxy slowly started to glance around the room she was in. It was dimly lit, but she could see decorations, tapestries and paintings on the walls. There were two closets - big ones made from similar crystal and the bed, a dining table was near the wall but anything on it had been cleared a while ago. A nightstand next to her side of the bed had a flower made out of crystal.

That’s when she heard the steady breathing and that something moved next to her on the bed. Foxy’s froze and the color in her face drained. She slowly turned her head and cringed when seeing who was sharing the bed with her. King Sombra was still asleep, looking for once relaxed and peaceful.

I… I didn’t… oh no… Foxy started to shake and felt ill. She desperately tried not to make any sound as she curled up, grabbing the pillow and hugging it tight with her front legs. The mare still didn’t know why she was free from the mind control, but had a feeling it was only temporary, much like with Private.

Okay… Okay Foxy girl, calm down… deep breaths… deep breaths… it was only meaningless sex… one time thing… the Doctor will get us out of here…and… and haha I can brag that I slept with a tyrannical overlord… yay, go Foxy… she thought while trying to calm down, not wanting to wake up the pony beside her. The mare had a nasty feeling she wouldn’t enjoy that very much.

Oh why do I always get the bastards… Tornado… Barricade… and now that guy? Well to be fair, mind control was used this time… but is it any different than when the other jerks used and manipulated me? Okay no… no, remember what mom said, don’t dwell on it, dwelling on it only makes it worse. Foxy froze again when hearing snorting and coughing from King Sombra, something had clearly bothered the dark pony in his slumber, but then he fell silent again. He had not woken up.

Okay so I had sex with the king… no big deal… I can live with that… the mare started to calm down a little. Heck, it’s like thousand years ago from my time… it’s not like anypony is going to hear about it. The gossip mongers won’t have anything.

But what if I get pregnant. How will I explain that? Did protections even exist in this time? For a brief moment Foxy went numb at the thought but then she shook her head, feeling the notion was ridiculous. “Honestly, it was one time, what are the odds? My estreus cycle hasn’t even started yet… wait, what month is it… oh crap why am I saying this aloud?”

Foxy slapped a hoof over her mouth when she realized that instead of thinking the mare was now talking. She cringed when hearing a rumbling growl come from behind her and then clear movement of a pony rising up beside her.

“What is that noise? Oh, it is morning already?” King Sombra grunted as he glanced at the window.

The mare just lay completely still, not really wanting to turn around, desperately hoping that maybe the king had forgotten her. That was of course a rather weak hope as Sombra was already turning around in the bed. She flinched when feeling a big muzzle descend down on her neck and start nuzzling at it.

“I see you’re awake,” he murmured and lifted his head to look directly at Foxy, chuckling silently to himself when sensing the fear and apprehension from her.

“Um… y-yes,” Foxy whispered and reluctantly turned to face him. “A bit more than I expected.”

“That is because I wanted to wake up seeing that face,” Sombra said and leaned in closer, grinning wider. “Seeing your desperation, your fear, your disgust.”

“You’re demented,” Foxy grunted and frowned when seeing the king just smirking at that response. Suddenly a surge of anger came over her. “No wait, demented? You’re pathetic, at least the other leery jerks had to make some effort to manipulate me, you just poof mind control to get what you want,” she snapped and suddenly found some courage to glare at the king. To her surprise, Sombra just tilted his head with a curious expression on his face.

“Well, go on, don’t stop there,” he said. “You probably want to add that I’m probably very insecure, would have trouble getting any mare to come with me willingly, probably have small equipment and am thus compensating by enslaving everypony so no mare really can say no to me.”

“Or maybe I’m such a sad soul that can never have love and thus force others to buck and bow before me to make up for it.” King Sombra stopped when seeing Foxy’s confused expression. “You’re surprised I’m not roaring in anger at your attempt at insulting me? Oh dear me, Foxy.” Sombra leaned down so he was muzzle to muzzle with her. “Being insulted would mean your opinion mattered to me.”

“I’m drawn to power, Foxy, not praise, nor do I seek it,” the king said and lay partly down on his side of the bed. “Hate or fear me, it matters not. I will draw power from both. Besides, as I told you yesterday, I’ve heard worse from my slaves.”

Foxy rose up a little, staring at the king. She had to admit, that hadn’t quite been the expected reaction. Usually the stallions she had dated in the past would have at least shown some sign that they were upset she wasn’t praising them to high heaven for the night.

“Sooo, you’re telling me that, what, you’re immune to insults?” she asked, sounding skeptical.

“Insults are just words, meant to hurt, and granted for the weak minded they might hurt. I’ll even give you that, if I viewed you as my peer and equal and valued your thoughts. I would probably not be happy if you gave your rather scathing opinion of me.” Sombra shrugged and yawned, he was still feeling a little tired.

“So I was just a cheap one night stand to thrill you, only to be thrown away?” Foxy snorted and slumped back down. She turned so her back faced the king.

“Oh no, you’re my concubine now, Foxy Stripes. You’ll be serving me for many nights,” the dark pony chuckled, causing the mare to cringe at the thought.

What did I say? Special privileges… Foxy thought and tensed when feeling a leg snake around her. Then she felt Sombra’s muzzle at the back of her neck. “What about my friends?” she asked, desperately hoping this was just morning cuddle and the king wasn’t preparing for another round with her.

“I will admit, I had hoped to play around more with your sister - slowly have her crumble, force her to come crawling to me, begging for you and Private’s mercy,” Sombra said and hugged the mare closer to him with his front legs.

“But recent events forced my hooves to speed things up. She will serve me, just as you will. As for Private, well I do need a new Majordomo, the last one had a rather unfortunate accident. He’ll probably do.” The king spoke so casually, as if it were just some boring old news. Foxy, however, was visibly grimacing at the thought of both her and Dew Doe servicing him.

“And the Doctor?” She almost didn’t want to hear the answer to that.

There was no response yet, she just felt the front legs around her ease their hold a little. Then Sombra gave low growling chuckle. Suddenly the mare was turned around to face the king, who was grinning devilishly.

Foxy wasn’t quite sure what to make of it, but she certainly didn’t like the look on the dark pony’s face. There was nothing but malice in his eyes and the grin just kept getting wider. It was almost as if Sombra was currently picturing what he was going to do to the Doctor.

“I’m considering a spell I’ve heard of. You see, you dip the victim in boiling acid enchanted with darkest magic. The flesh will be melted off, but the bones will remain, still alive, still screaming in agony, the spirit stuck in them, unable to do anything but wail and scream. I would like to see the Doctor try and regenerate from that,” Sombra finally spoke, but did so in a low whisper and there was disturbing glee in it.

“Then I think I’ll add those bones to my throne and every day listen to the beautiful music that will be the Doctor’s screams of pain and agony. Every day he’ll have to watch you and your sister pleasure me, every day he’ll have to see Private serve me without question and all he can do is scream!”

Foxy’s jaw had gone down at the vivid description from the king, her face paled up and all she could really do right now was stare in utter horror at Sombra. The dark pony smiled and hugged the mare closer to him. He lifted one hoof and started to gently caress the frightened pegasus on the cheek.

“You know, Foxy, your sister is stunning to look at, but you have a certain beauty to you as well. If I didn’t have her already, I think I could well settle with just you,” he murmured and kissed her on the forehead before finally letting her go.

Without saying much more, King Sombra climbed out of the bed and using his magic, conjured up his attire. Since it was morning it was finally time to deal with the Doctor once and for all, then focus on the defenses for the eventual attack of the Princesses. He considered putting Foxy back under full control again, but decided save it for later. Right now he wanted to savor the fear coming from the mare. Instead, he made sure the windows couldn’t be opened except by magic and then intended to simply lock her in his chamber until he was done.

I should probably check on Private and Dew Doe on my way down, he thought while heading to the exit.

“Wait.” A meek voice spoke up from behind him.

Sombra halted and glanced back. Foxy wasn’t facing him, still lay on the bed with the back turned towards the king, but it had been her voice. Slowly though her head turned so she could look at him. The mare was crying, tears streamed down her cheeks.

“You asked me once if I would beg for the mercy of one of your slaves,” the mare whispered as she tried to hold back her sobs. “I did. I begged for his mercy and you showed mercy.”

The king listened though he was unmoved by the mare’s current state. He had seen it thousands of times on his slaves, yet he was curious to see where she was going with this.

“Please… do with me what you want, use me for whatever you wish, keep me, lock me up, I don’t care. But please, I beg you, let my sister and our friends go. Let the Doctor just go, have him promise to never return here lest you kill me or something, just allow them to leave. The TARDIS will take them not just to a different place, but a different time as well. Please,” Foxy begged as she turned around, climbed down from the bed and assumed a bowed, groveling position in front of the king.

“But I already own you, Foxy. You’re already mine. Why should I consider this offer?” King Sombra asked. He half expected the mare to flinch and not be prepared to answer. To his surprise she actually looked at him, tears still brimming in her eyes.

“You want the Doctor to suffer? He will suffer far more knowing there is a friend he can’t save then by just sitting and watching us serve you. He will endure the pain of your magic, he will probably consider us at least relatively safe. But knowing that he can’t do anything, that he failed my daughter to bring me back home safe and sound? That will torture him,” she whispered her response.

For a split second King Sombra was actually stunned. Though he could argue that it wasn’t exactly smart of him to let loose an enemy, the notion that this would torment The Doctor more than what he had initially planned was really appealing to him.

The king could also sense no trickery in Foxy’s mind - this was as honest as it got. She genuinely believed that this would be a far greater torture than his more traditional one.

“You know, Amber offered me a similar deal,” he pointed out.

“Then you will have two mares who answer to your every whim without protest,” Foxy said and sniffed. She was still in a bowing position and was staring at the floor again.

“Hmm, true, plus mind control is a rather artificial way of doing things. It makes things so casual,” Sombra started to rub his muzzle thoughtfully. The more he thought about this, the more amusing the idea became to him. Foxy had been the one traveler who had not wanted to be on the trip. She had been talked into it by the others, especially Dew and probably even the Doctor. He had to concede that it would probably wreck them all that the one pony who hadn’t wanted to go, would not return.

Foxy’s various antics around his castle had also been rather amusing. He had quite enjoyed the game of timing his entries so that he would always be right behind her as she said something about him. Of his four prisoners, she had definitely been the most fun to play around with.

However, it still carries the risk that the Doctor will return for her… oh this is tempting, you are a devious negotiator, Foxy Stripes, he thought as he debated what to do.

“You know what? Fine. I’ll accept your offer,” he finally decided and walked closer to Foxy. He figured that if the Doctor did still return, he would still be prepared for him.

Sombra used his magic to pull Foxy back to her legs, then placed a hoof under her chin and had her look up at him. There were still tears in her eyes, the dark pony could smell the delicious fear. He bent his head down and their muzzles met in a deep kiss, the king satisfied to feel no resistance and that she returned it with no protest.

“There is just one more thing,” he said with a smug smile when they parted. Suddenly his eyes began glowing and they locked with Foxy.

“You agree that if I free your sister and your friends, that I own you, body and soul. You do what I bid. No questions asked. You belong to me - now and forever. You will not raise a hoof against me and you will not betray me under the pain of torture and death. You still agree to all of this?” he spoke in her mind. Foxy’s eyes were now also glowing, smoke pouring from both.

“Yes, yes I do,” Foxy whimpered, feeling very afraid. Suddenly she felt a pressure in her mind.

“Then let this unbreakable deal be sealed. I will free your friends and once they are gone, you are mine!” King Sombra stepped back, eyes of both ponies turning normal.

“W-what was that?” Foxy whispered startled.

“The same thing I did to Private - a Crystal Deal spell. A bit more simpler version, though, since I didn’t have to trick you into it,” King Sombra said and lifted a hoof to caress the mare’s cheek.

“Now then, I suppose I should see to setting your sister and your friends free to fulfill my end of the deal,” the king chuckled and dropped his leg back down.

Foxy felt numb and barely responded now to Sombra. She had just panicked at hearing the horrific description of what the king was going to do to the Doctor, plus the thought of her sister and Private in eternal servitude. The mare just knew she had to do something, so in a moment of desperation she had tried this. It had worked.

“Can I at least say goodbye to them?” she finally asked as the king was heading back towards the entrance of the room.

“Careful now, Foxy. My mercy is limited,” Sombra said and glanced back. Then he considered what a spectacle it would be when the others would learn of the deal she just made with him.

“Very well, but we’ll make it brief,” he said before leaving the room.

The mare heard the door to room lock, it was clear she was not meant to go anywhere. She glanced at the windows, but figured they were probably secured as well. With a whimper she lay down on floor and curled up there in a ball, using her own wings as blankets to wrap around herself.

“I’m sorry, Coal,” Foxy sniffled. “Looks like mommy will miss your birthday.”

I will miss all your birthdays, she thought and felt fresh tears break through.

I’m sorry… I’m so sorry… please don’t hate me for this… I will always remember you… my beautiful little mischief… I know Dew Doe will take good care of you. Foxy didn’t resist the tears, burying her face between her front legs as they flowed freely.

End Chapter 16