• Published 2nd Nov 2015
  • 360 Views, 5 Comments

Revival - Shadow rift



A Batpony attempts to revive an injured Soldier's faith in pony kind

  • ...
2
 5
 360

Revival of Body

I ran.

I simply ran. I didn't know to where, neither did I care. I wanted to get away from them, all of them.

The sides of my vision were grey and slightly blurred, but I did not pay any attention to it.

My heart pounded.

My legs and hooves were hurt from the amount of distance I've had been running.

Even with how much I ran, I could still hear them behind me, "Come on, Rain! We have a present for you!"

"Yeah! Your brother gave us the idea!"

"Maybe you'll earn your cutie mark with it!"

The colts and fillies went on with trying to lure me towards them, but I knew that if I did that, it would be the end of me. So I kept running. Even with the burning sensation that was bound around my body and wings. A very old and worn out rope was tied around me, an attempt at catching me off guard before I could make a run for it. The rope was tied very roughly and strong around me, I could feel it burning with every motion my body made, my fur was being pulled away by it, hair by hair, as it was stuck between the rope that was spun around me 4 times. My skin was being scraped by it, I could feel the pain rising the more I ran with it, leaving burn spots hidden under the fur that I still had.

But that all was the least of my concerns.

I ran down an empty hallway with many doors on both sides of the corridor. All of them locked and dark.

The voices that chased me, they became worse. Now they were not trying to lure me.

"COME BACK HERE BLANK-FLANK!"

"STOP RUNNING, YOU BIG MUTATED BIRD!"

They were threatening me.

"IF YOU DON'T STOP NOW, WE'LL TEAR YOUR FEATHERS OFF!"

"YOU'LL NEVER FLY, DODO! BETTER LET US HELP YOU WITH TRYING!"

Tears were running down my cheeks as I tried, and failed, to stop the shoutings and cursing from entering my ears. I even felt a jolt of pain as something was thrown at my head. It almost felt like it was a rock.

I perked up as I saw a means of hiding and shelter, a door that lead towards the restrooms. I jolted towards it as fast as I could manage. Reaching the door, I barraged into it and instantly turned around and locked the door with the twist-lock that was below the door handle. I slowly backed away from the door as it was being assaulted by stomping hooves, threats, shouts about injuring or hurting me in varies ways.

I backed up into the far corner of the restroom and curled up into a tiny ball, my tears running freely as I sobbed onto the white tiles.

"Why are you crying, little bro?"

My tears stopped coming and my ears perked up at the familiar voice.

"Are those mean fillies and colts chasing you again?"

Fear filled me.

"You know it is not nice to keep your 'fans' waiting."

I heard the clip-clops of hooves coming towards me. Slowly, but surely, they were becoming louder.

My tears began to roll down my cheeks again as the sounds of hooves stopped just behind me. My heart
began pounding so hard, I could my chest expanding in fast rhythms.

I closed my eyes as I felt the rope that was still around me, was being grabbed. I could feel myself being
lifted off of the ground, before being thrown against the wall again.

"You're pathetic to say the least. It surprises me that you were able to outrun your 'friends' as long as you did."

I sobbed while holding my left hoof with my right, gritting my teeth as hard as I could, trying to keep myself from screaming in pain. I knew, that if I yelled when I was swung agains the tiled wall, he would only hurt me more. The pain in my left hoof was extreme, I was pretty sure it was broken by the throw.

Not that anypony would care anyway.


"V...V..."

The other colt in the restroom huffed annoyed, "V? V, what? You little pitiful excuse of a pegasus."

"V-Vortex... I... I think I b-broke my ankle..." I sniffed through my tears.
"
So? Why should I care? You're only a waste of space. If Princess Celestia would see you like this, I bet she would banish you to the moon, just for being in front of her like this. Or if she is merciful, end your misery for good..."

I didn't saw him, but I could feel his eyes burning a hole in me. His words drilling themselves deep into my mind. "P-Princess Celestia would never do that..."

My fore head was shoved harshly against the tiles. "Don't you even dare to utter her name. You would be in the dungeons if the guards heard you speak her name, they will put you by the low-lives and all other pitiful scum of Equestria."

I didn't say anything, I just brought my un-broken hoof towards my head, and felt something streaming down my muzzle. Everything Vortex said was true, the Princess would see me as just a waste of space... a pitiful example of a pegasus. A pony with no future, nothing.

Everything Vortex said, it always has been true.

****************************************

The sun's rays had hit the horizon of Night Blossom's home, filling her home with warmth and the promise of a new day, a faint scent of soup lingering around her home. Checking the pot of the concoction that would cure anypony with any disease, Night Blossom placed her wing on the dial of the stove and turned off the flame, making the bubbling of the soup die down and make way for a warm steam. Smiling, she took a bowl in her wing and placed on the tray next to her, already having a simple sunflower and plate of crackers on it. Taking the tray carefully, Night Blossom carefully began moving towards the living room, staying as quiet as possible to keep from waking up the stallion.

As she placed the tray on the coffee table in front of the couch, she was scared once she saw the Stallion beginning to twirl about violently in his sleep. Instincts taking effect immediately, Night Blossom placed her hooves on his body, attempting to stop the violent thrashing that had begun. "Wake up!" She began, tears beginning to roll down her eyes for fear of this Stallions life. "Wake up, Wake up, Wake up!!!!" She screamed, making the Stallion's eyes shoot open upon her third demand.

For a while, the two just sat there, the stallion's head in her lap, staring up at Night Blossom as he entered into a rhythm of inhaling and exhaling, tears wanting to be released from his eyes, but none coming forth, either by shear will power or something else entirely. Night Blossom, on the other hoof, had a small stream of tears falling from her eyes, although, just like the stallion, she took to his same pattern of inhaling and exhaling, slowly stroking the stallions mane in a vain attempt at comfort.

After the calming session was quickly stopped by the stallion, he quickly shook his head and focused his attention on Night Blossom. "W-who... W-where..?"

"It's okay..." She said soon after, looking down at the stallion and offering him a smile. "Your safe... I pro-"

"Where am I?" He said with a little more strength than before. "Who are you? Where am I? Where is my friend?!" He screamed, making Night Blossom jump back on to the carpet with some fear, as the stallion began to rise from her couch and stare her down, a mad look in his eyes. "I want answers... Now!" He said, letting out a grunt as he clutched his side, bandaged by the mare in front of him, and falling to the ground, eyes shut and teeth clenched to hold back his pain. "You need to stay calm..." Night Blossom said, making her way to the stallion and placing a hoof on his side and another on his head, "Your rib is broken. It'll heal, but you need to stay calm in order for it to heal."

"Get your hooves off of me..." He said before letting out another clenched grunt, "I have to go find him... He said... He said he would come back for me..." The stallion said, catching Night Blossom's attention. "Who?" She asked as she attempted to calm the stallion, "Who said they would come back for you?"

"A friend... And that's all you need to know..." He said, opening his eyes to reveal his very apparent anger at the mare. Why is he acting like this? Night kept asking herself as she continued to stroke his mane to help comfort him, even if her attempts were in vain. "Sir, your friend isn't here right now. I am. I can help you... Just let me try..." She said, hoping for some type of breakthrough with the stallion, only to get the same ugly look as before, but with a little less malice. "Every pony who has ever told me that has ALWAYS ended up being a liar or incredibly wrong. What makes you ANY different from them?" He said through clenched teeth.

The stallions response shocked Night Blossom. How could any pony ever have this much malice in him, especially when another pony is trying to help. "Because I know what I'm doing. Please... Let me help you..." She said, trying one last time to break through with this stallion to allow her to help him as she placed a warm smile on her face. The stallion just looked at her, breathing shakily but without his clenched face or malicious look. Instead, he looked at her with a look of debate as he weighed his options. After some time though... He nodded at the mare in defeat. "Thank you... I promise I won't-"

"You better not... Because if you are, I promise you that it will be the last mistake you EVER make..."

Comments ( 3 )

6593985 is it just me or does the batpony in the picture at night look like H8_Seed?

6785306 hmm odd, still looks like H8_Seed...

Login or register to comment