• Published 1st Nov 2015
  • 1,837 Views, 15 Comments

The Lunar Escape - LuneLover



After a meeting with the Griffon Empire, Luna decides that the rejection is more than what she can take.

  • ...
8
 15
 1,837

The Natchs

Ten months. Ten months without her sister. It was driving Celestia mad, to lose Luna again. It felt horrible, like she was so close but at the same time so far. Her Lulu was alive, free, and Celestia was sure she could be found one way or another, but she was still missing. The Solar Princess had decided to go and search for Luna on her own. No guards and no companions, only her doing what she needed to do.

The Everfree Forest seemed a likely place to start looking for. It had a great deal of night creatures, and, due to the ponies' fears of those creatures, it had been barely searched. Celestia's heart jolted when she realised this. 'Luna was right, they still shun her night', She thought bitterly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her journey was going quite well. The monsters didn't approach her, feeling her aura of pure power. Celestia didn't mind, it was all the better for her.

She took out the map. Her next stop was the rumored hometown of the Natchs, shadowy creatures that were weak to the sunlight. No pony had seen them since her sister's banishment, but Celestia remembered how Luna had helped what was left of the almost dying civilization. Before Discord reign, there had been a thriving Natch empire, with an unique culture and a kind and benevolent ruler called Queen Sternia. But when Discord claimed the throne, he took fun in killing almost all of the population, including the Queen, under the blazing light of the sun. The few that survived were scattered across the land, and were then pushed into Equestria as the Griffon Empire claimed the lands. But instead of shuning them, Luna reagrouped them and hid them from the ponies as much as she could. It was likely that she was welcome there.

Celestia stopped and looked around. She had spent way too much time remembering, and now she was almost there. She slowed down until her foresteps could no longer be heard. She saw a clearing in front of her and hid behind a couple of tall bushes. She was sure that the Natchs, if there were any, wouldn't react well to the Sun Princess.

The clearing was huge, and it had a small cliff with what once looked like a cave, but an enormous rock was blocking the entrance. In the center of the clearing was a small lake with water, so calm that it looked like crystal.

She suddenly felt the urge of her celestial body pleading for it to be lowered. Her horn lit up, and the sun began slowly descending towards the West horizon, slowly giving way to the darkness. Celestia waited. She knew that soon her sister would raise the moon, like always.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a harsh sound. Looking in that direction, she saw as the enourmous rock that covered the cave moving, revealing a creature that Celestia could have recognized anywhere.

It was her Lulu.

She walked into the clearing, her horn lighting up as she raised the moon and brought the stars into place. Thanks to the moon's light, Celestia could see her sister more clearly. She seemed slightly taller, and her mane looked more like a galaxy instead of a night sky.

When Luna finished decorating the night sky, she turned around, facing the cave. "Our moon has been raised. Thou can now come out."

Celestia saw dozens of Natchs come out of the cave. They all gathered in one group, and what seemed like the leader separated from the group and approached Luna.

It bowed."As always, Princess, we're all grateful for your sevices. Without you, we would not be the growing town that we are now." He then turned to the rest of the Natchs." All hail the Night Princess!"

"All hail the Night Princess!" The Natch chanted.

'Is this what she wanted when she desired love?' Thought Celestia.

Luna smiled. "It is but our duty. But we thank you, Komet, and all of your people for thy support"

He nodded and turned once again to his people. "Very well. Recoletors, grab your baskets and look for food and water. Soldiers, search the area to the west of here, and when you are done return to the normal patrol. Caretakers, guard the young, old and ill."

Once they were gone, Luna sighed, clearly tired. "If thee do not mind, Komet, we wish to spend the night alone on the cliff."

"There is no problem, Luna."

Luna gave him a smile before she opened her wings and to flew the cliff. Once she got there, she simply stood near to the edge, watching over the land.

Celestia's horn quickly lit up and she teleported to the cliff, only a few steps from her sister. She approached her, insecure.

"Lulu?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Why did I do this?'

Luna looked over the valley shrouded in darkness. It had been exactly ten months since the night that she left, and she missed Tia so much. Part of her wanted to see her again, hug her and tell her she her missed so much. But she couldn't. How could she? She pictured the image in her head. She had just ran away, and suddenly she returned, expecting for things to be fine and become better. Celestia would be mad at her, but at least she wouldn't be that alone. Alone. She wasn't exactly alone, she had the Natchs who loved her, but she needed something else. A friend. Somepony who didn't see her as a god, but as an equal.

'Is this what Tia felt when I was banished?'

She sighed.'Oh, Tia... I just want to hear your voice again, calling my name..'

"Lulu?"

"Tia?" Luna called as she turned around. Standing there was her sister, the one she had wanted to be with her. "Tia!"she shouted as she jumped to her sister and pulled her into a hug."Tia, I'm so sorry! I just wanted to know what to be loved! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Luna felt her eyes start to fill up with tears. She looked up to see her sister, who had tears in her eyes as well.

Celestia smiled."Everything is fine, Lulu. I was guilty too."

Luna opened her mouth to say something, but she decided to save it for later. She simply sighed and started the climb down.

Author's Note:

Sorry I didn't post anything lately, inspiration wasn't coming. I'm on vacation now, so I'll try to post more chapters.