• Published 1st Nov 2015
  • 1,831 Views, 15 Comments

The Lunar Escape - LuneLover



After a meeting with the Griffon Empire, Luna decides that the rejection is more than what she can take.

  • ...
8
 15
 1,831

The pain

It had been four months since Luna's disappearence. Search groups had been sent all over Equestria, but found nothing. This was no surprise to Celestia, because she knew that Luna, as the Guardian of the Night, could hide very well in the shadows. Either way, she seemed to be alright, because the moon and the stars still rose, as Luna said.

But things were very different for Celestia. She had not left her room, not even to attend royal meetings or do paperwork. She didn't even go to dinner, so the maids had to bring her the food to her room. Celestia barely opened the doors to her room, just enough to pass the food through, and after grabbing it, she would slam her door shut. It was now common for the ponies guarding her room to hear her weeping at night. All she did was raise and lower the sun, just because she could see her sister's moon and stars and make sure she was alive and well.

Because of giving up her duties, Princess Cadance and Princess Twilight came from the Crystal Empire and Ponyville respectivly. Now they ruled instead of Celestia, hoping that she would recover soon and resume her duties. But as time went on, she didn't seem to be getting better. And so, Twilight decided to pay her a visit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight knocked on the door to Celestia's room. "Princess, are you there? I want to talk with you."

No response.

Twilight tried again. "Princess, I know you are in a difficult situation, but please, don't ignore me."

Still nothing.

Twilight finally lost patience. "Celestia, I understand you are hurt, but don't allow the pain to consume you. If you keep hiding instead of facing the problem, you'll end up losing more and more friends until you are completly alone!"

She almost jumped when the door was opened with the glow of Celestia's golden magic, and her voice called: "Come in."

Trembling, Twilight crossed the door and heard it close behind her. In front of her, was an enourmous bed decorated with multiple clouds and suns, and on the center of the bed was a pony that once was Celestia, but she was so consumed, that she looked like another pony.

"Come here Twilight", called Celestia.

Twilight obeyed, sat on the bed facing her and waited, until Celestia finally spoke up.

" I understand that you are angry with me. You've had to leave your own kingdoms and do everything that I should be doing, while I just sat here in my room not doing anything. But also think about what I'm going through. When I banished my sister, It was painful, yes, but I knew it would eventually end. It was a light at the end of the tunnel, even through it was a tiny one. It gave me something to grip on. This is not the case. I have no hope of her returning now."

"Anyway, I'll be returning to my duties soon. Thank you and Cadance for helping me in this painful period."

And with that, Celestia strode out of the room, Twilight following behind.