• Published 19th Nov 2015
  • 250 Views, 0 Comments

Today's The Day - bestponydash



Ebon Argent has always had a huge crush on Scootaloo and now it was finally time to act on it.

  • ...
 0
 250

Today's The Day

"Okay, you got this. She's just like everypony else, no need to be nervous." Ebon took several deep breaths and wiped his brow, "You got this, you got this." He looked his reflection up and down, "Hair's good, clothes neat and clean - haaaww - breath's fresh. Your good to go."

"Ebon! You almost ready, we're gonna be late!"

He quickly turned his head to the bathroom door. His eyes widened and his heartbeat sped up, it pounded against his chest. He began to breathe faster, heavier, "Okay, okay. Just...calm down, you got this."

"Ebon!" his mother called from afar.

"I'm coming, just a sec!" he answered. He turned back to the mirror, "Just say it like you practiced and you'll be fine." One last deep breath for courage and out the door he went. His mother was waiting for him in the kitchen.

Ebon entered, his mom was fixing her earring and gesturing to the small lunch box on the counter next to her. "Grab your lunch; we gotta go," she hastily said. Ebon did as he was told and followed his mother out the door.

The walk to school this particular morning was the longest of Ebon's life. "What if it doesn't work, what if she says no! What if another colt likes her and she likes him too. Oh no, what am I doing? She'll never choose somepony like me," his mind raced on and on, making his stomach squeez tight, his lungs contract rapidly, and his face freeze as if petrified.

"Honey, are you okay? You look terrified."

His mother's voice snapped him out of his frozen state. He looked up to her, she raised an eyebrow in concern. "Uh...yeah. Just...thinking," he looked forward nonchalantly.

"About what?"

"N-Nothing, it's nothing."

"It doesn't seem like nothing."

Ebon looked down at his hooves, watching them move back and forth as he walked. "I'm fine, mom, really."

His mother playfully bumped his shoulder, smiling, "Come on, you can tell me."

He looked up and gave a small smile, "I know, but it's really nothing." He turned back forward.

His mother stared at him, "Sigh - Okay."

Suddenly the Ponyville schoolhouse came into view. Ebon's eyes widened, his legs felt stiff and were harder to move. His heart was trying to jump from his chest. Soon they reached the front of the school and halted. His mother kneeled down and put her hoof on his shoulder. Ebon stared into her eyes as she smiled. "Don't worry, i'm sure she likes you too."

Ebon's jaw dropped, "What...how...I..."

His mom giggled and stood up. She waved him goodbye, "Have fun!" she called as she walked away.

"How did she know? I never told her......What if she's wrong?" His train of thought was interrupted by the sound of the bell. "Can't think about that now.....time to do what i've wanted to do for a long time - gulp." He turned and faced the front doors of the schoolhouse. Ebon puffed out his chest, and with every step he repeated: "Today's the day. Today is the day." Eventually, when he was about two steps from the entrance, he built up enough confidence to proceed with his plan. He leaped through the doors and entered the school.

Once inside he immediately scanned the halls, "Come on, she's gotta be here somewhere." He walked forward through the crowded halls colorfully decorated with students' works of art and projects. Five minutes passed and there was no sign of Scootaloo anywhere. "No, No, No! She can't be absent today, not today!" He began to walk faster and faster until he eventually found himself running down the hallway. He ran and ran, "Come on, I have to tell her how I feel before - umph!"

He fell back and crashed to the ground with a loud thud! "Ugh, what was that?" He dazzedly looked up, rubbing his head. "Huh?!" it was her.

"Oh...uh, sorry. I guess I didn't see you there, hehe."

Scootaloo smiled and extended her hoof. Ebon's eyes were fixed on her and his throat was blocked. His mind was empty and all he magaed to say was: "Uh...I uh...um."

Scootaloo raised an eyebrow, "Are you alright?"

"Say something you idiot!" He opened his mouth and prepared to speak.

"All right fillies and Colts! Time to start class!" yelled Ms.Cheerilee before Ebon could get a word out.

Everypony turned and made there way to the classroom, including Scootaloo. "Well, I guess i'll see ya later," she waved.

After she was gone Ebon still remained on the ground. His mouth was gasped, his eyes were huge, and his heart was beating faster than he thought was possible. His face was pulsating with waves of heat and he could feel his stomach creeping up his throat. Soon enough he was the last one still in the hall. "Well? You coming?" asked Cheerilee from her class doorway.

Ebon shook his head and gulped, "Yeah, coming." He entered the class and depressingly slopped down in his seat. "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! You just sat there! Now everything is ruined, she'll never be my special somepony after that." Ebon slammed his head down on his desk and remained like that for the entirety of the day.

Finally the bell rang and class let out. "I guess i'll just go home and slowly die." He sighed loudly and roughly and made his way out of the schoolhouse, holding his head down the hole way.

When suddenly, "Hey Ebon!" a voice called.

Ebon curiously looked up, "Huh?" Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom stood before him. "Oh hey, your Scootaloo's friends."

The two fillies glanced at one another, "We'll cut right to the chase," said Sweetie. "Earlier today you bumped into Scootaloo."

"Oh no, I embarrassed her. I knew it!" Ebon thought.

Apple Bloom continued, "Now, she was too shy to say this to yall but..."

"What? SHE was shy?"

"She wanted tuh ask yall if ya wanted tuh...ya know..."

"Hang out sometime," concluded Sweetie.

Ebon's jaw dropped, "What? W-With m-me?"

"Uh huh."

"OH MY GOSH! WOW, SHE wants to hang out with ME! Okay, okay, be cool, must be cool." He pretended to think it over for a little while; putting his hoof up to his chin and hmmm-ing. After a while he stared Sweetie and Apple Bloom in the eyes and gave a firm: "Yes."

The two fillies glanced at one another again, "Alright, we'll tell her," said Sweetie, then they walked off.

Once they gone Ebon felt some sort of eruption in his stomach, one he could not hope to contain. He jumped high into the air, "YYYeeesssss!!!" He ran home with a smile stretched accross his face, a spring in his step, and a new level of self confidence. "Today was the day," he proudly said.

Author's Note:

Opinions in the comments :raritywink:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment