• Published 29th Oct 2015
  • 3,252 Views, 42 Comments

Where Do Foals Come From? - Skylight77



Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy have agreed that they would start a family today. But it turns out, one of them is a bit too innocent for words to believe.

  • ...
11
 42
 3,252

How to Start a Family

Tonight was the start of an exciting beginning. Fluttershy eagerly knocked on the front door of Rainbow Dash's cloud house. They had been in their relationship for over a year now, and tonight was the night they planned to start a family.

Tonight, they were getting a new foal.

The door to the house swung open, revealing the pegasus of the hour. "Hey Fluttershy!" Rainbow Dash said in an excited tone. "Glad you could make it." She then zipped back into the house, leaving the door open.

"Hmm?" Fluttershy wondered if Rainbow had forgotten something. But then she return back and waved her hoof inward.

"Come in, Fluttershy. Don't keep me waiting."

Now that was odd. Weren't they supposed to do something else? Shrugging it off, Fluttershy went inside.

______________________________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash was in the zone as she gestured Fluttershy towards her bed. This was gonna be the start of the best beginning in history. For tonight, they were going to make their foal real.

She gazed at Fluttershy with a seductive look, holding a potion behind her back as she closed in. This potion, provided by Twilight, was gonna help them create their new foal, along with taking their relationship to the very next level. They both had agreed that on this day, their family would start. And then they would stay toge-

"Rainbow Dash? What are we doing?" The moment was interrupted when Fluttershy decided to speak. Wasn't it obvious?

"Uh, we're doing what we agreed to do last week remember?" Rainbow Dash responded. "We're starting our family tonight."

"Shouldn't we be going to the hospital then?" The question threw Rainbow Dash a bit off balance.

"Uh... no?"

"But then, how will we get our foal?”

Rainbow Dash suddenly lost her grip on the potion, making it fall to the ground. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“What is that?”

Rainbow Dash jumped at the sudden question. “Ahh! N-Nothing!” She hastily pushed the potion further into the ground, letting it sink in the cloud and out of sight. She was in full panic mode. “(Maybe this is just a facade. Maybe she just thinks that because-)”

“Rainbow, are you okay?” Fluttershy interrupted her thoughts. “We are getting a foal tonight, right?”

Rainbow Dash was at a loss for how to respond, but she had to think of something quick. “F-Fluttershy? You k-know what a stallion and a mare, um, do, before they get their foals, right?” There was a few seconds of silence that felt like an hour for Rainbow, hoping Fluttershy would give the answer she wanted.

“Of course I do. They go to the hospital just like all the other parents. The doctors take them in, and they receive a foal.”

It felt like the entire cloud house suddenly lost its gravity defying magic and started plummeting towards the ground. Rainbow was rapidly losing oxygen. Her mind couldn’t process this. It was like everything she knew about her Fluttershy was suddenly sucked out of her mind into a black hole.

“Dashie?”

The nickname snapped her out of the trance, finding herself pressed hard against the wall like she was witnessing Fluttershy’s Stare. But this wasn’t the Stare she was feeling fear from. She felt fear from… the talk.

“Ahh! Fluttershy!” She bolted from the wall and grabbed her. “We can’t do this right now! You should leave, now!”

Fluttershy yelped as she was picked up. “B-b-but Rainbow, what about-”

“We’ll take care of it tomorrow! Just get back to ajsdidfgea!” Rainbow Dash lost her words as she practically kicked Fluttershy out of her house. She forced her back against the door, hyperventilating roughly and making her lungs hurt.

“Was it something I said?” Fluttershy questioned before she took flight to her cottage. Rainbow Dash, still hyperventilating, turned her eyes towards the ceiling as her body slid to the ground.

“How...? How?!” she questioned as she felt her relationship with Fluttershy tearing apart. “How can she not know where foals come from?!”

______________________________________________________________________________

The next day had arrived before she knew it. Rainbow Dash had finished up her weather duties, WAY ahead of schedule. After what had happened last night, her weather duties was all that she could focus on. She wanted to provide an excuse for not being around. She tried to do them as slow as possible.

Of course, being slow wasn’t in Rainbow Dash’s nature, and now she was at the mercy of having nothing to do, but hide. Everytime she moved to a cloud, she checked her surroundings from ground to skies.

Rainbow Dash didn’t know what to do. While she was hiding, she was trying to think. But nothing was coming up. Fluttershy didn’t know where foals came from. How was she expected to-

“Rainbow Dash, there you are!”

Rainbow Dash’s heart stopped. As soon as she turned around, she saw Fluttershy, sitting on the same cloud she was trying to hide on.

“Oh… Fluttershy! Hey!” Rainbow Dash tried but failed to speak casually. “What… what are you doing here?”

Fluttershy held a questioning look like Rainbow Dash was supposed to know, which she probably did. “Don’t you remember what you said yesterday?” Rainbow Dash’s sheepish smile turned into a fright. “We were going to have our-”

“Our foal! Yes!” Rainbow interrupted out of the blue, then jerked back. “I-I mean, yeah, the foal. It hasn’t arrived yet.”

Fluttershy’s face turned to both confusion, and hurt. “Arrived? You mean you went to the hospital without-”

“NOOO! ...Ah, I mean, yes! ...I mean, ack!” Rainbow Dash pounded her hooves against her head as she took to the air, swaying frantically. “We don’t get it from-... I mean… they wouldn’t give it to… I mean I-”

“Rainbow, I can’t understand you.”

“The hospital!” Rainbow Dash had to think of something fast. “They wouldn’t give us our foal!” Fluttershy could only gasp, which made Rainbow cringe. “I mean… they couldn’t give it to us because we’re both…” she made a pause. “We have to make the foal ourselves!” Rainbow Dash slapped both hooves to her mouth.

“Make a foal ourselves? But how do we do that?”

Rainbow Dash mentally punched herself as her voice groaned in her hooves. She felt like such an idiot for bringing that out. But then, something flipped in her mind. She started descending back on the cloud.

“I don’t know, but maybe somepony else knows,” she said before grabbing Fluttershy’s hoof. “Come on!”

“Wait, where are we going?” Rainbow Dash didn’t answer and just continued carrying Fluttershy towards the skies.

______________________________________________________________________________

A few knocks echoed in the library within the Crystal Castle. Without waiting for a response, the door was flung open. “Twilight, you gotta help me!” Rainbow Dash’s voice boomed, causing Twilight to immediately teleport to the door.

“What? What’s wrong?” Then she noticed the presence of her special filly-friend behind her. “Oh, hey Fluttershy.”

“You gotta tell us where foals come from, please!” Rainbow Dash begged, pushing her hooves against Twilight’s neck. Twilight casted her magic to provided a barrier between her and Rainbow in order to push each other apart, giving them space.

“Hold on… didn’t you come to me a few weeks ago for that lesson?” Twilight’s question made Rainbow cringe as she looked at Fluttershy.

“No! I mean, yes. I mean-” she shook her head, clearing up her words. “It hasn’t appeared yet! Just tell us where they come from please!”

Fluttershy was getting really concerned for Rainbow Dash. She promised that they would start their family yesterday, so it must’ve been tearing her apart the longer time past without a foal.

Twilight looked a bit taken aback. “Oh… eheh.” She took a moment to go over her words. “Well… sometimes the foal doesn’t come the first time around.” Twilight rubbed the back of her neck as she carefully chose her words. “Just… try it again another time and be patient. Just be easy on Fluttershy, okay?”

There was a bit of silence that filled the air. The conversation did not go the way Rainbow Dash had hoped. Twilight was missing the point with her question, and she blamed their talk a few weeks ago on that potion for that. But before she could think of a different way to ask, Fluttershy broke the silence.

“Go easy on me? What do you mean by that?” Fluttershy’s question puzzled Twilight.

“Well, you know… in *ahem*...-” Twilight paused to go over her words. “-making the foal.”

Fluttershy walked a little closer with a frown. “But… when we tried to get our foal, the hospital said they couldn’t give it to us, because we’re both mares.” Silence filled the air for a moment as Twilight’s head froze in a shock. Rainbow Dash could only cringe as she tried to stay away from the conversation, but failed when Fluttershy gestured to her. “That is what you said, right Rainbow Dash?”

“Uh… uh…” The temperature felt as if it had increased ten fold. All Rainbow Dash could focus on was Twilight’s face. One of her eyes was repeatedly twitching while the other switched from Fluttershy to Rainbow Dash, and then back to Fluttershy. She figured out what was really going on.

“Oh! Eheh! Look at the time!” Twilight spawned a clock out of nowhere. “I just remembered I have to attend a meeting with Celestia, alone! Talk to you later!” She used her magic to push the two pegasi and herself further apart.

“Wait!” The doors immediately closed in front of them. Before Rainbow Dash could reach for the doorknob, the horseshoe handle immediately vanished. “Twilight! Don’t leave me like this!” she begged while practically scratching her hooves against the doors. To Fluttershy, it was like she was a lonely animal who just got kicked out of her own house.

“You’ve still got me,” Fluttershy said, placing a hoof on the back of Rainbow’s shoulder. But this made her spin around immediately.

“You’re not helping!” Fluttershy squeaked as she felt strong hooves pressing against her sides. “Ugh… It’s okay, it’s okay. We’ll just try plan B.”

“What’s plan Beeeheehee!” Before Fluttershy knew it, she found herself being dragged to the air by hoof once again.

______________________________________________________________________________

The last tree for the day. The basket was set, and the apples were ripe for picking. Facing away from the tree, Applejack balanced herself on her front legs, readying all her force on her back.

“APPLEJACK!” Two loud thuds and a booming voice inches from her ears caused Applejack to place enough force with her hind hooves to break right through the trunk. Before she knew it, she was forced to the side and on the ground as the timbering tree crashed on the ground. “You gotta tell us where foals come from! Fast!” the booming voice continued.

“Consarnit Rainbow!” Applejack said as she slid herself out from under Rainbow. “Couldn’t this have waited until after… oh, howdy Fluttershy,” she hesitated a little from noticing her.

“We don’t have time to wait!” Rainbow continued as frantic as ever. “We were supposed to start our family yesterday!”

Applejack paused a little to dust herself off, using this time to work her words. “Look, I told y’all Ah don’t agree with this whole filly filly thing. Ah did say Ah still accept y’all regardless of yer relationship, but could ya AT LEAST put the latter inta consideration?”

“That’s why we’re talking to you about family! But we can’t start one without a foal!”

Applejack sighed and straightened her hat. “And what do ya expect me to do about that? Surely y’all know ‘bout the birds an’ the bees. This is why I don’t agree with-”

“The birds and the bees?” Fluttershy stepped in to question. “Did they do something bad to you again?”

Applejack held the most stunned expression at such a response. “W-wha-... no, Ah’m talkin’ ‘bout where babies come from. You know…”

Each second that passed in this pause ate at Rainbow’s skin beneath her coat.

“What do my birds and bees have to do with foals? Don’t they come from hospitals?”

Right then and there, Applejack’s expression transformed into the same twitchy eye expression as Twilight’s. Rainbow even noticed Applejack’s pupils switching between her and Fluttershy, then back to her.

“That’s not where babies come from,” a new filly voice spoke, snapping Applejack out of her trance.

"Apple Bloom? Where'd y'all-"

"Come on, Applejack, tell 'em 'bout where you and Ah-" Applejack shoved her hoof in Apple Blooms mouth to quiet her.

"Apple Bloom! Yer not supposed ta know that yet!"

"Thht's whyh Hh hskhd Bhg Mhc-" While Apple Bloom was speaking through Applejack's hoof, Applejack dragged her towards the barn and yelling.

"He doesn't know what he's talkin' 'bout, and yer not supposed to be-"

They reached the barn and closed the doors behind them before Applejack's words were finished. All that could be heard was mumbling from then on.

Rainbow Dash just stood there with her mouth agape. She wasn't sure what she was more surprised by, the fact that Apple Bloom knows where they come from, or the alternative that the Apple Family of all ponies would feed her lies on that subject. Either one of those could've been true, and either one was equally as stunning.

"Is she coming back?" Fluttershy asked.

Rainbow Dash rapidly shook her head before responding. "Nevermind her, come on!" She grabbed Fluttershy's hoof and took to the skies once again.

"Wait! Where are we going this time?"

______________________________________________________________________________

Knocking sounds coming from her door alerted Rarity's attention. "Coming! Coming!" she sang as she casually walked towards it, despite the repeated knocks. When she got there, she opened the door with her usual greeting. "Welcome to Carousel Bou-"

"RARITY!" A cyan blur that pushed her inside interrupted her. "You gotta tell us where foals come from, fast!"

“Rainbow Dash? Fluttershy?” Rarity stepped back to give herself space. “Did I miss a conversation here?”

“Nevermind that! We were supposed to start our family yesterday. But we need to know where foals come from. Please tell us!”

Rarity shifted her head to the side. “Well, you could at least say-” she stopped herself when one of Rainbow’s words suddenly registered. “Uh, I mean… have you tried-”

“We already talked to Twilight and Applejack, don’t say it!”

Rarity gulped. Rainbow Dash was here out of the blue, frantically asking where foals came from. The very thought that she didn’t know was already unbelievable in itself. But the fact that she had already asked others and still didn’t know, made it all the more awkward.

“Uh… well, um…” Rarity tried to work her words. How could she put this delicately.

“I know where babies come from!” came a new voice from upstairs that was coming down.

“Oh, thank heavens,” Rarity said, putting a hoof on her chest. The voice from earlier belonged to Sweetie Belle who arrived on the scene shortly.

“Wha…” Rainbow Dash had to scrunch her face to make sure she was interpreting this correctly. But no matter what, it made no sense. Did Rarity just get relieved that her little sister was the one who interrupted, to talk about where foals come from? “You know where foals come from?” she just had to ask.

“Of course I do!” Sweetie Belle responded. “Rarity told me all about it when I was just a filly!” Sweetie Belle’s joyous face switched to casual as she went into a thought. “Well, I still AM a filly, but I meant when I was a filly filly. That makes sense, right?”

All Rainbow Dash could do was look at Fluttershy, who looked back at her with the same confused expression.

“Anyway, it all starts off when a mommy pony and a daddy pony loves each other very…” she paused herself when she remembered who she was talking to. “Oh, well, I guess two mommas in this case. Anyway, they get married and have a beautiful wedding, with flowers, cake, confetti, and a parasitic invasion of bugs and monst-” she paused herself again. “I mean, they just get married. A few days later. They get a baby delivered to them by a Stork. A Stork is an amazing bird that watches over all us ponies just like Princess Celestia. When two ponies get married, the Stork is given a delivery order by Princess Cadance to deliver their baby to the nearest hospital they live in. The parents receive their baby from that very hospital, but the mama gets sick because all mamas are allergic to the Stork. But it’s okay, because once the allergy passes, they begin the start of their happy happy family!”

Sweetie Belle danced around as she sang those last words. Rainbow Dash could only plant a hoof on her forehead while Rarity smiled in delight at the story.

"Very good Sweetie Belle," Rarity said. "You even retold about their allergies. You're free to take-"

"But Sweetie Belle," Fluttershy suddenly spoke. "Where does the Stork get the babies from?"

Rarity's face turned from delight to stiff shock as she stared past the ponies. Sweetie Belle pondered the question.

"Hmm... now that you mention it." Sweetie Belle turned to Rarity. "Where does the Stork get the baby from, sis?"

Rarity's expression scrunched further as her head tilted back. All Rainbow Dash could do was plant her second hoof to her forward as she saw a familier eye twitch from Rarity.

______________________________________________________________________________

As the Carousel Boutique's front doors opened, a violent kick sounded, flinging two pegasi through those doors and into the open. The doors slammed loudly behind them.

Fluttershy grouged as she tried to stand herself up, letting dirt fall from her face.

Rainbow Dash didn't bother to fix her upside down position and just allowed the back of her body to be balanced on a sign while blood rushed through her head. After what transpired in that shop, she wished they had been kicked out harder than that. But Rarity wasn't strong enough to provide a 'proper' kick out, so she had to settle for this.

The blood rushing to Rainbow's head made it clear to her that Rarity wasn't hoping that story would convince them, but rather distract them and make it easier for her to tell the actual story. But instead, Fluttershy just fed a little filly's mind with curiosity to find out where foals really came from.

Fluttershy not knowing where foals came from was bad enough. But if even they couldn't explain it to her, what hope did SHE have?

"Hey guys!" a new voice spoke. "Whatcha doing on the floor? You're not supposed to be on the floor! You're pegasi! They belong in the air!"

Rainbow Dash turned herself right-side up when she recognized that voice as.

"Then again, if you were lying down, you wouldn't be in the air. You'd be lying down on a cloud. You should be lying on a cloud, not on the ground. When was the last time I saw Fluttershy lying on a-"

"Pinkie Pie!" Rainbow Dash shouted and rushed towards her.

"Me? But she's with you, not me. So she would be lying on a rainbow, not a-"

"We need you to tell us where foals come from! Now!"

There was a short pause before Pinkie nudged Rainbow Dash back a little. With a smile, she shook her head.

"Tch, tch, tch, aww Dashie, just can't wait to have that party started. What would you do without me?"

Pinkie Pie then pulled out a log from out of nowhere and sat on it like she was getting ready to tell a story. Fluttershy approached, ready to listen. But Rainbow was a bit confused.

"*Really? It was that easy?*" she whispered to herself. Both pegasi sat next to each other as they listened.

"Many years ago, a colorful pink pegasus wandered into Equestria. Her name was Cadance. She wandered in Equestria in search of her super special talent. She thought she was destined to never find it, until one magical day, she invented, Love!"

It took them a while, but they soon realized Pinkie Pie was wearing her Madam hat and had a crystal ball in front of her.

"Right then and there, she discovered that it was her special talent and got her Cutie Mark. But it wasn't just a special talent. It was a royal talent that earned her the special alicorn princess title we all know and love, Princess Cadance!"

"Uh-" Rainbow Dash tried to interrupt.

"Hold on! Not done yet!" Pinkie went back to her crystal ball. "Using her super royal talent, she spread her love powers to all of Equestria so that everypony could feel a brighter and more meaningful friendship they could ever have! But just having that special somepony wasn't enough. They needed something else to fill that gap in their relationship. Something, that would complete their family. That something, was a foal."

Pinkie Pie suddenly broke out of character. "They also call them little fillies, little colts, and babies. I don't like that last one though. It sounds a bit mean." She took a moment to take in the stunned yet curious expression of her audience of two. Giggling, she went back into character.

"After their invention of a foal, Princess Cadance declared that every family in Equestria deserves a foal! But a foal is a precious thing, and shouldn't just be given out like party favors. They decided that, before a family has their foal, they must perform a few things. First, their love must be true and maintained. Second, a wedding celebration is planned. And finally, the ceremony for the foal itself. The two ponies will perform a ritual between each other. If their love is strong enough, the magic in them will intertwine with one another. Princess Celestia will recognize this bond, and their foal is created."

Pinkie Pie let her eyes close for a moment, letting the story sink in. The abyss surrounding her started brightening up, letting light bring reality to her world. Her usual smile returned.

"And that's how Love was invented! Pretty cool huh?"

Rainbow Dash's mouth was practically dried from holding her stunned expression for so long. You could practically put a fly inside there and she still wouldn't respond. In fact, Pinkie Pie was almost tempted to do that to see if it would work.

Then she looked at Fluttershy, and- "Oh my gosh! Such a wonderful story! I had no idea that all of us were born by Princess Cadance." Fluttershy put a hoof to her mouth. "Or was it Princess Celestia?"

Pinkie Pie's happy expression went blank as Fluttershy rambled on.

"Oh no..." Rainbow Dash said to herself.

"So, in order for us to get a foal of our own, we must perform a ritual in front of Princess Celestia." Pinkie's Madam hat started to inflate with air as her eye went twitchy. "And if our love is pure enough, Princess Cadance will create a foal of our very own. Rainbow Dash! We'll be able to start our family after all. Right Pin...kie?"

The inflation of her hat caused Pinkie Pie to start floating away in the air. Nopony said anything. Rainbow Dash just watched her float away, leaving the two alone once again.

"aaaaaaAAAAAAAHHH!!!" Rainbow put more pressure between her head and hoof as her frustration grew louder. Fluttershy was quite startled at the outburst. She didn't have time to react when Rainbow Dash took to the air and headed straight for her. She felt Rainbow's hooves grabbing under both her forelegs as they took off.

"Whaaa... R-Rainbow Dash... Where are we going?" Fluttershy could barely ask due to the winds being pushed on her at this speed.

"The Crystal Empire!" Rainbow Dash responded, which shocked Fluttershy.

"What? B-But i-i-isn't that miles from her-r-re? Why are we going there no-o-o-ow?"

"I said we're starting our family today Fluttershy and I meant it!"

“Don’t we h-have to perform the ritual to Princess Cel-”

“THAT’S NOT WHERE FOALS COME FROM!!!”

“Wha-”

Their conversation was lost through the rough winds. Only their destination to the Crystal Empire was focused on.

______________________________________________________________________________

"PRINCESS!" one of the guards yelled as he rushed to the throne room. "A missile is heading straight for the castle!"

"What?!" Princess Cadance's reponce alerted all guards within the room to attention.

"Who would fire a missile at us right now?" Shining Armor asked. "Where is it coming from?"

"We don't know! But at it's speed, it'll be here in-"

Before he could finish, a speeding blue and yellow blur rocketed through the open windows and came crashing with a massive shockwave. It impacted right in front of Princess Cadance, flinging and scattering all of the guards while Shining Armor set up a shield that kept him and the princess safe from the shockwave.

"PRINCESS CADANCE! I need you to tell us where foals come from! Please! I have nopony left to turn to!"

Shining Armor and Cadance reopened their eyes when they realized their missile attacker was speaking... and inside their shield bubble.

Before they could respond, the throne room doors opened. "Princess, are you okay?" one of the newer recruits known as Flash Sentry said as he came rushing in. "I heard a loud... huh?"

All he saw were a bunch of guards leaning on the walls, unharmed while the center held a shield bubble covering four ponies, which was currently disappearing.

"Flash, have everypony clear the room," Cadance said. "Drill's over."

"Yes, your majesty!" Flash, along with the rest of the guards, immediately followed the princess's orders and got out. After they left, Princess Cadance and Shining Armor returned their attention to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

"You were our missile attack?" Shining Armor asked.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for disturbing you," Fluttershy started.

"We've been together for a long time and were supposed to start our family yesterday but then hit a road block because we don't have a foal and we were supposed to get one yesterday but..." Rainbow Dash took a large gasp of breath after saying her mouthful. "We need to know where foals come from!"

There was a long silence that followed. Rainbow Dash's face was within inches of Cadance's while Fluttershy was slowly backing away in shame. Everything just kept repeating itself and became more awkward every time. The silence didn't stop until Rainbow Dash pulled away.

"You two came all the way out here just to ask us that?" Shining Armor asked.

"We've tried asking everypony!" Rainbow Dash continued. "We talked to Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, even Twilight! Nopony was able to tell us where foals come from."

"Well I hate to say this," Cadance started. "But we can't give you the talk either."

A short pause happened before Rainbow Dash's expression jittered and shivered as she tried to form words.

"The talk?" was all Fluttershy had time to ask.

"But you're the Princess of Love! How can you not be allowed to tell us something as simple as that?!"

Princess Cadance giggled slightly. "You don't need a foal of your own to start a family. In fact, some families have actually grown better than the ones by blood." Cadance put a hoof to her shoulder. "You see, as the Princess of Love, I can help ponies understand their difference and give them advice on how to maintain a healthy relationship. But anything from intimacy and beyond is between the two parties. I'm afraid I can't get involved in that. And some things are better left for them to learn on their own."

Rainbow Dash’s head was shaking with frustration. A frustration that held a short fuse. She clenched both hooves on her head as she released a loud scream that echoed across the throne room. The volume of that scream forced Fluttershy to let her ears press against her head as she squeezed her eyes closed.

When the screaming stopped, all Fluttershy could see was a fierce rainbow blur just leading out towards the high windows. She looked towards Cadance and Shining Armor.

“I’m so sorry for bothering you… Ogh!” Fluttershy felt herself get picked up at high speeds, quickly leaving the Castle of the Crystal Empire.

“So Rainbow Dash doesn’t know where foals come from? Huh…” Shining Armor asked as he watched them leave.

“No, she does know,” Cadance responded casually which caught Shining Armor off guard. Looking at her, he asked.

“Then… why would she go through all that trouble to ask us?” Cadance let Shining Armor’s question linger a bit before answering.

“Fluttershy doesn’t.”

All Shining Armor could do was stare his eyes off at the front entrance of the throne room, one pupil bigger than the other as it twitched.

______________________________________________________________________________

For the fifth time today, Fluttershy found herself being dragged through the air by Rainbow Dash. With all of this flying around, this had probably been the most distance Fluttershy had ever traveled in a single day. She was sure that not even the train rides had passed this amount of distance.

She initially thought Rainbow Dash was taking them to Canterlot. But in the direction they were going, that was not the case. In fact, the direction they flew looked like the direction of…

Despite the fierce winds that were already pounding on her, Fluttershy shivered. “R-R-Rainbow Dash… w-w-where are we going n-now?!”

“Haysead!”

Fluttershy cringed as her suspicion was confirmed. “B-But, i-i-isn’t that where-”

“I am keeping my word, Fluttershy! Otherwise we’ll never be able to start our family!”

Fluttershy’s fears grew even further. The way Rainbow Dash was acting, it was as if starting a family was far more important to Rainbow than it was to her. And Fluttershy was the one who wanted to start their family in the first place. How far would Rainbow Dash go for her to complete her wish?

______________________________________________________________________________

Deep within the Haysead Forests, lied a hive. Outside the hive, scouts patrolled the forest. Just like every other Changeling, these scouts swore to keep their queen safe. Just like every Changeling, they would capture any unfortunate ponies they find wandering here for their queen. And just like always, their job was always the least productive.

But today, a fierce wind blew, a wind that blew right past two scouts. They covered their faces as the wind changed direction. The first thing they noticed was a blue and yellow blur that headed and stopped straight at the grounds closest to them.

“CHANGELINGS!!!” Rainbow Dash shouted at the top of her lungs while Fluttershy was let down.

When they noticed the sight of ponies, one of the changelings growled are charged forth while the other shot a signal beam towards the skies, creating a light effect that would alert the other scouts.

Rainbow Dash took flight towards the changeling charging at her while Fluttershy took cover in the bushes. The changeling attempted to strike first, but Rainbow Dash swerved to the side and back hoofed the changeling on the head, knocking it towards the ground. The other changeling charged as well, but was knocked back by an aerial uppercut.

Many more changelings had appeared due to the signal. Fluttershy could barely watch as they all charged at Rainbow Dash. The mixed sounds of their growls and the bashing crawled on the skin beneath her coat. She was half concerned for her friend's well being, and half concerned for, well... her friend's well being. Two different meanings that sounded exactly the same.

The changelings were all falling down from Rainbow's attacks. Each fall made Fluttershy worried about her position.

But just as she thought to change positions, a changeling appeared right in front of her, growling. She yelped as the changeling lunged at her. But before it made contact, a cyan hoof stomped on its head, bringing its body down to the ground.

The attack had stopped momentarily with Rainbow Dash towering over one of the changelings. As it was squirming to try and get up, Rainbow Dash brought her head down to meet eye level.

"Now that I have your attention, take me to your queen!"

The mere mention of that sentence caused the changelings to release a small gasping growl. The changeling in front of them slid its head off and moved a few inches away from them before standing up.

It just stood there, keeping a blank expression with its mouth held open. Those glowing blue eyes staring at Rainbow Dash creeped Fluttershy out. When she looked away, she noticed all the other changelings were up and giving that same expression.

Soon, the changeling in front of them moved over to the rest of the group. They all huddled up like they were conversing something. They couldn't make out what it was, but when they finished, that same changeling nodded towards them.

Understanding that bit, Rainbow Dash smiled as they started leading the way. Fluttershy was a bit reluctant, but Rainbow Dash made sure she followed.

______________________________________________________________________________

Deep inside the chambers of the hive, the queen of the changelings, Queen Chrysalis, was currently conversing with one of the younger changelings. A large number of other changelings were seeing the conversation unfold. All of them steered clear.

“Do you take me for a foal?!” Chrysalis yelled at the young changeling, who quivered in fear. “You had a very easy job. Slip into that family’s tent and siphon their love! And you’re telling me nothing was there?!” The closer Chrysalis got, the more the little changeling coward.

Chrysalis took flight to grab the attention of all the changelings. “Let this be a lesson to all you changelings! Feeding is our life! Do not hesitate when the time presents itself.” She pointed towards the young changeling. “You take one moment to think, your food runs.”

“CHRYSALIS!!!” a new voice presented itself within the hive. The queen turned to see two pegasi within her presence, along with her scouts.

“Set an example for this newborn! Attack on sight!” Her command made all the changeling, excluding the young one and the scouts, to shriek a war cry as they charged towards them.

“Call off your changelings! I just want to talk!” Rainbow Dash said as she flared her wings, ready to engage.

That was when it hit the queen. She recognized that voice. “HALT!” she yelled, making the changelings freeze in the air. Some of them were growling with anticipation. They were still ready to attack. “Do not question my command!”

The queen’s words caused the changelings to leave their preys alone, despite what she was just telling them. Chrysalis herself landed and approached the two pegasi. One was stanced like a guard while the other quivered in fear behind her blue wing.

“Friends of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza…”

“Cadance!” Rainbow Dash corrected.

“I don’t care!” Chrysalis yelled. “Leave this place before I force you out myself! Or would you rather stick around for the feast that my changelings will deliver on you?!”

Fluttershy’s grip on Rainbow’s wing tightened as Chrysalis moved closer with her threat, but Rainbow Dash wouldn’t back down. “How about I make a proposition for you?” Rainbow said.

Chrysalis’s eyes went a bit wide. She didn’t think her last remark would even be a consideration for them. “A proposition? What is this?” she asked.

"How would you like a chance at tasting my love for Fluttershy?" Fluttershy squeaked at the mention of such a proposition. Rainbow Dash was really willing to go this far, just to start a family? Now she was only concerned for her well being... the part that wasn't about the danger present around them.

But Chrysalis seemed to go silent at the remark. Her eyes were switching between Rainbow Dash to Fluttershy for a moment. "You... and..." she hesitated to speak. "E-Excuse me for a moment."

For some reason, Chrysalis just started walking away. She didn't give any commands to the changelings. They all just watched as she left the main room. Even the young changeling watched the whole events unfold.

Suddenly, a hysteric laughter sounded from the passage Chrysalis walked through. All of the changelings cringed a questioning face. They never saw their queen act like this. Somehow, some of the fear in Fluttershy's heart lifted. Her shaking didn't cease however. All Rainbow Dash did was snort while still keeping Fluttershy covered by her wing.

Moments later, Chrysalis returned. No laughter. No anger. Just a casual return. "Even if you were serious, what could you possibly want from me to make you proposition this?" she asked.

Rainbow Dash huffed. "I'm serious Chrysalis. You can have a taste of my love for Fluttershy, as long as you don't touch her, and tell us one thing." Rainbow Dash turned to her side to cover Fluttershy even more. "Tell us where foals come from."

Chrysalis blinked twice. "You're kidding... You're kidding right?"

"Do I have to spell it out for you?" Rainbow demanded. "F-O-A-L-, Foal! Or do you prefer the term, Baby? B-A-B-Y-? You should know where a newborn comes from. You're surrounded by them!"

All of the changelings suddenly growled at her. The young changeling however seemed curious rather than offended.

Chrysalis had to slowly laugh before she responded. "You are a foal, aren't you? Coming here to find such a ridiculous answer when you could be asking one of your own tribes." She started approaching them. "Very well. If this answer means so much to you, I shall be the judge of just how much your love is worth."

Chrysalis's horn glowed a bright green. Another glow emanated from Rainbow's head and released a small pink orb. It made Rainbow wince a little, but she felt virtually nothing series. At least, she believed so. The orb was levitated higher in the air for all to see. The changelings were all staring at it in awe.

"If your love really is worth that much to you, then you should have no problem. Otherwise, you'll never have one." Chrysalis half lied considering she was talking to two mares. But that made no difference in her proposition. The orb started glowing brighter. "We'll see if your love really is that strong."

The orb split into multiple tiny particles that spread towards the other changeling. Each one took a taste out of their little sample as it came to them, Chrysalis included. The young changeling was left out, but still as curious as ever to witness such a feasting take place.

But suddenly, Chrysalis's eyes shot open. The rest of the changelings followed.

"AAAAHHH!!!" Chrysalis's scream was followed by shrieks from all of the changelings as they flailed in the air. Some of them shot beams wildly while others crashed into different sections of the hive. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy's full attentions were struck as they were watching the queen and all her changeling writhing in agony.

"YOU WOULD DO THAT TO HER?! AAAAHHH!!!"

Chrysalis shot through the roof with her own body, not even caring about the damages being done to her hive. All of the changelings scattered, either going through that same hole, creating a new one, or just using the actual exit. It didn't matter to them. The chaos caused multiple debris to fall like an earthquake. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy covered each other as the whole hive collapsed.

It didn’t take long for the changelings’ screaming and hollering to go out of range. The only sounds that were left was all of the dust from the debris clearing up. There was pretty much nothing left to cover up the hive. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy both stood there in the open light, speechless at what just transpired.

It was just so strange to Fluttershy. One moment, she was in the presence of such a dangerous enemy to Equestria, then suddenly that enemy flew away from them in fear, and not for the right reason. What was it that they saw that made them fly off like that?

Fluttershy suddenly realized Rainbow Dash was no longer next to her. She looked up to find Rainbow Dash standing on a grey cloud. Concerned, Fluttershy flew up to her.

Rainbow Dash heard her coming. She waited until she was reached before talking.

“I’m sorry, Fluttershy… But I… give up.”

Rainbow Dash didn’t wait for a response. She just left the cloud and started flying in the direction of Ponyville. Hearing Rainbow Dash say those words felt more depressing than they were relieving. Fluttershy wasn’t too sure what to say right now. But she knew she couldn’t let her go alone. She followed Rainbow Dash to where she flew.

Unknown to them, one changeling was still around, watching them go.

______________________________________________________________________________

Sunset had arrived once they had returned to Ponyville. Rainbow Dash was trying to hold back tears, feeling so guilty for her failure. When she returned to her room in her cloud house, she didn't expect Fluttershy to follow. She didn't want Fluttershy to follow. She didn't deserve her comfort right now.

"Fluttershy, you didn't have to follow me," Rainbow started. "After what I just put you through..." she trailed off and looked away. This just made Fluttershy want to come closer.

"Rainbow... I'm the one who should be worried."

Unknown to them, the young changeling from earlier had followed them to the house, listening to the conversation from outside.

"Back at where the hive used to be... you looked so sad. I want to make sure that you're okay."

Rainbow Dash didn't look at her and just went to the bed. "I thought you would hate me," she said.

"Oh no. why would I?"

"Because of yesterday!" Rainbow Dash looked at her, revealing her tears. "I promised that we would start our family that day, and I wanted SO bad to make up for that by starting it today! Look what's happened to us, Fluttershy." Her voice was lowering with more sobs as she talked. "A whole day of talking with our friends. A whole day of traveling half of Equestria, and we still don't have our foal. We still can't start our family. I promised, I Pinkie Pie Promised, I Pinkie Promised myself this morning that we would start our family today, and... and..." Rainbow Dash hiccuped before planting her face into her bed. "I've been lying..."

Fluttershy could hear the sobs coming from Rainbow Dash through the bed. She couldn't imagine how bad Rainbow Dash must've felt right now, but now she felt like she understood why Rainbow went to such lengths.

She felt as if she had broken a Pinkie Promise, the fastest thing that would make somepony lose a friend. But in this case, not just a friend. A Special Somepony. And the break of a Pinkie Promise left her heart to believe she outright lied to her Special Somepony. A lie that would end their relationship right now. And the worst part was when she failed to even make up for that broken promise.

But Fluttershy didn't mind any of this because she understood. She was there with Rainbow Dash the whole day, and she understood why they couldn't start their family. But Rainbow Dash was content to punish herself for this. Rainbow needed her more than ever if this was the case.

"Rainbow Dash, I'm not mad at you. I forgive you." Fluttershy walked over to the bed and sat next to Rainbow. "It's okay."

The young changeling outside started feeling something from this conversation.

"How is it okay?" Rainbow said. "Everything is okay to you. But we can't start our family without a foal. How can we continue our relationship?"

Fluttershy was hoping she didn't have to say this. But now, maybe Rainbow needed to hear this just as much as she needed to accept it.

That something that the changeling was feeling grew bigger. It felt so wonderful somehow.

"Maybe it's time for us to face facts," Fluttershy started. "Maybe we aren't ready to start a family. I mean... we can't even figure out where a foal comes from. How would we be able to take care of one?"

Rainbow Dash looked up from the bed to take a good look at Fluttershy. She still didn't understand what this was all really about. Rainbow's guilt wasn't just not having a foal, but rather, not telling Fluttershy the whole truth.

But how could she? Fluttershy's mind was so pure and innocent. How could she give the talk of something like this and break that innocence? She still couldn't figure out how this was possible in the first place. She just had to ask something.

"Fluttershy... how many animals have you taken care of? Some of them are newborns, right?"

Fluttershy nodded. "But taking care of baby animals isn't the same as taking care of a foal. I know from experience."

That wasn't the answer Rainbow wanted. The more this question danced around, the heavier her heart felt. "But, the baby animals... when their parents start their families... Didn't you see anything?" Her eyes were practically pleading, begging for the right answer. That hope was hanging loose seeing Fluttershy's questioning face.

"I'm not sure what you mean..." Fluttershy paused for a moment, but continued. "The little critters have their privacy too. I make sure to respect them. I understand they want to be the first to see their new born baby when it arrives. They even ask to be taken to the Vet before they see them."

That sentence... Nothing made sense to Rainbow anymore. She couldn't hold the pain anymore. She released her pain by openly crying out in front of Fluttershy. This sudden outburst of tears both shocked and depressed Fluttershy. Rainbow's face was buried back in the pillow.

"Was it something I said?" Maybe Rainbow Dash really wanted to start a family. Maybe Rainbow Dash was hoping Fluttershy knew more. Maybe it was something else entirely. Fluttershy didn't know, but she wanted to help. But all she could do, was cry at the sight of Rainbow's misery.

"Oh, Rainbow Dash, I'm so sorry!" Fluttershy cuddled close to Rainbow in a similar position as she cried as well. "I don't know how to help... I... I just wish..." She couldn't finish her sentence as she bawled out as hard as Rainbow did.

Both pegasi held each other as they cried in their misery. They were together, but their minds couldn't be further apart. Rainbow Dash felt her relationship with Fluttershy tearing further away. She had always led Fluttershy through their relationship, getting her out of her shell, and trying out knew things. But now there was a huge roadblock in the way. And she couldn't lead them through this path anymore.

Fluttershy could no longer understand Rainbow Dash. It was so painful to run into a situation neither of them could handle. Whenever Rainbow Dash had a struggle with her inner self, Fluttershy could comfort her and give her the courage to press on. But now it was as if she was the reason Rainbow had no courage left. All she could do, was blame herself for not being able to understand Rainbow's inner plights anymore.

The changeling outside could feel the heart breaking moment that love held take place. It was strange. It started off with a bit of taint mixed in with that love. But the longer their crying carried on, the further the taint was being pushed away. It was as if all of their crying was purifying all of the taint their love held.

Chrysalis always said that a changeling could only live through feeding off of ponies. But for the first time, this young changeling experienced the first taste of love that ponies held. Her first time was supposed to be with that family camping out in a forest together. But what she tasted, wasn't love. It wasn't really anything, but the taint. This family however, this unfinished family, held more love than that one ever did.

The young changeling had decided. She lit up her horn, cringing as she casted a flaming green aura around herself.

______________________________________________________________________________

Minutes of endless crying was finally interrupted when a knock on the front door sounded. Rainbow Dash did her best to stop her crying as she got up.

"Rainbow, are you..."

Rainbow sniffed before responding. "It's okay, Fluttershy. I've got it." Rainbow sniffed a few more times and wiped as many tears from her face as she could. Fluttershy followed closely as they made their way to the front door.

The knock repeated. "Coming!" Rainbow Dash shook her head and put her game face on. She soon arrived at the door with Fluttershy and opened it.

They both blinked when they saw what was on the other side. Their first immediate thought was that nothing was there. But then they looked down, to see a basket before them.

Fluttershy gasped. "Oh my goodness! It's a foal!" She pushed past Rainbow and quickly pulled the basket inside.

"Wha..." was all Rainbow could get out as a note flew out of the basket and in front of her. She caught it with her hoof while Fluttershy looked at the foal.

The foal was a bright yellow filly pegasus. Her mane was a clear and smooth cyan along with her tail. And her eyes were a beautiful bright green sparkle. She was giggling while Fluttershy watched her. Fluttershy couldn't help but giggle as well.

"Oh my, aren't you a cute little thing!" Fluttershy switched her attention to Rainbow. "What does the note say?"

Before Rainbow could try to make sense of everything, she decided to read the note out loud.

"Congratulations Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Your love has created a healthy little filly. Treat that love with this foal as you do with each other.

~Princess CelESTIA?!" Rainbow Dash couldn't believe what she just read, but Fluttershy gasped with excitement.

"Oh my gosh! Do you know what this means?" Fluttershy grabbed the little filly into her hooves. "We did it Rainbow Dash! We finally received our foal! I had no idea Princess Celestia was watching us that whole time!" She nuzzled her little filly on the cheek, which in turn received giggles from her.

"B-But... that can't..." Rainbow Dash could barely say anything. There was no way that foal came from Princess Celestia. She could tell that this letter wasn't even Celestia's writing at all.

When Fluttershy was able to contain her giggling, she continued. "Oh Rainbow Dash, isn't this amazing? We can start our family now! You can keep your Pinkie Promise! We ARE ready to raise a foal... I hope... Isn't it great?!"

Rainbow Dash wasn't sure how she was feeling anymore. There was no way that was their foal. But looking at it, she and Fluttershy looked so happy together. More specifically, Fluttershy was so happy. Yet, she was still as innocent as ever. Did she really want to take that away?

After enough contemplating, Rainbow Dash just decided to leave it and accept what was given to them. She shook her head. She was given another chance. She was given a second path that went around that roadblock in their relationship. She was given a way to start their family, without breaking Fluttershy’s innocence. And she took it. She smiled, and for the first time today, with happiness.

"Yeah. It is great. And I couldn't think of anything that would make this better." She walked over to the foal. Fluttershy allowed Rainbow Dash to take her into her hooves and held her high in the air. The little filly giggled along with Rainbow Dash. "Well, I guess one way could be learning you're gonna be our future Wonderbolt."

All three pegasi giggled simultaneously at that comment.

______________________________________________________________________________

That night, Rainbow Dash grabbed that little potion that she hid yesterday. She took it to a hidden picture stand inside her closet, which held many pictures of special moments between her family and friends. They mostly consisted of her and Fluttershy back at Flight Camp when they were fillies.

Although the potion was never used, it was still a reminder of what started their little escapade of starting a family. And she would keep it as a bright and wonderful, not to mention chaotic, memory.

After closing the closet, Rainbow Dash noticed Fluttershy currently getting the bed ready for their little filly.

"Aren't you gonna start heading back to your cottage, Fluttershy? It's getting kinda late, don't you think?"

Fluttershy shook her head. "I figured I'd stay here for the night, now that we have a foal to take care of." She made sure her foal was comfortably tucked in.

"Come on. You don't think I can take care of her for one night?"

Fluttershy just shook her head again, but not because of that question. "This is our foal. We both have the responsibility of raising her just like every other family. Us." She looked down at the foal. "She needs me just as much as she needs you."

Rainbow Dash could only smile at that speech. It sounded a bit too sappy, but after everything that happened, she couldn't complain anymore. She walked over to join Fluttershy in bed, their little filly with them.

When Rainbow Dash said they were starting their family, she didn't expect it to be as instant as this. But honestly, she was glad it turned out like this. To think that this all started from-

"Rainbow Dash? I'm still a little confused though..." Rainbow Dash cringed, hoping it wasn't what she was thinking. Fluttershy sat up and continued. “I always thought foals came from the hospital. But you said they couldn’t give it to us because we’re both mares.” Rainbow Dash shivered as her suspicious was correct. “But when we heard Princess Celestia creates them… you said, mmph!?”

Rainbow Dash immediately sat up a planted a kiss on Fluttershy’s lips, if anything to silence her question. Fluttershy was a bit taken from this, but melted and accepted the kiss in bliss.

Their little filly between them, the young changeling in disguise, felt their love spark once again. It felt so wonderful, and delicious. She licked her lips as their love was feeding the changeling with such a healthy moresole. Her energy from keeping this form felt recharged. If their love could be kept maintained this well and pure, she could keep this form forever.

Rainbow Dash soon pulled back from her kiss with a smile. “Please, don’t ruin this moment.”

Fluttershy tilted her head back with a blush, then nodded in understanding. Although she didn’t quite understand what the reason was, maybe that was just how it was. Maybe there was just some things in their relationship that was better left unsaid. In the end, all that really mattered was that they were happy with their relationship. Maybe others wouldn't agree, but what really mattered was how she and Rainbow felt in the end. She looked down at her and Rainbow’s little filly, who was snuggling against them, happily asleep. She and Rainbow Dash snuggled their little filly closer in a hug, making her release a cute giggle. She was as happy as they were.

In fact, the young changeling, no, the foal was probably happier than they were. Their love, their care, their attention. This life wasn’t anything like it was at the hive. No more survival. No more hate. No more taint. Just love, and…

“Family…” the foal whispered her first word.

Author's Note:

It's all a lie! All foals are changelings!

--
Find any errors? Please notify.

Feed back and criticism are appreciated.

Thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoy.

Comments ( 34 )

I love it! :) Amazing writing, as well as the Sweetie Belle part. That was hilarious xD

So no animal who visits, lives at, or temporary resided at the cottage has ever...

...um...

...never, ever, even once, approached a member of the same species with intent to...

...I mean, if you've ever lived with a male rabbit, they'll go after a bowling ball if they can't find a doe...

...not a single time in local history...

:pinkiecrazy:

...I'm gonna go lie down.

6580449 This.

Throwing my own two cents into this... The whole situation could've been avoided entirely of Rainbow Dash just explained it herself, but, oh well, at least a changeling is now living a happy life...

...I guess?

6580487

The whole situation could've been avoided entirely of Rainbow Dash just explained it herself

Too bad it was such a sensitive topic. She couldn't find it in her to tell Fluttershy herself, just like everypony else. They had never seen a mind so innocent at such an age.

6580449

"...not a single time in local history..." ->

->'...has she seen the magical event take place.'
Sweet dreams.

6580449 i dont think flutters was paying all that much attention, I guess…

In any case, awesome story.

6580635

Your continuity, so...

Under one of the other hooves, I'm pretty sure you just explained why Angel's so angry all the time.

6580648 It's not really my head-cannon. It was really just a, 'what if and what would happen' idea.

6580627 Eh, if it were me, I'd either give her a book on the matter so she could figure it out in her own time, or flat-out explain it to her.

Regardless, it was a pretty good story. I just kinda have a problem with the whole changeling being their new foal. Mostly cause that would cause issues sooner or later. (eg: She accidentally screws up her form in front of them, or steps up and reveals she's a changeling when she's older, etc)

Those kinds of issues would make an interesting sequel, now that I think about it...

6580714

Eh, if it were me, I'd either give her a book on the matter so she could figure it out in her own time, or flat-out explain it to her.

Rainbow Dash is no book worm if it isn't related to Daring Do. And it's not as easy for everyone to just flat out explain it.

Regardless, it was a pretty good story. I just kinda have a problem with the whole changeling being their new foal. Mostly cause that would cause issues sooner or later. (eg: She accidentally screws up her form in front of them, or steps up and reveals she's a changeling when she's older, etc)
Those kinds of issues would make an interesting sequel, now that I think about it...

A family doesn't end all conflicts at its beginning. In fact, a families conflict NEVER ends! They just find new ones.

Well, that wasn't the way I thought this would end. I can kind of understand why Dash couldn't tell her, but it would have been the better thing to do. Their friends are kind of jerks in this story, leaving Dash hanging like that. I do get it though, they're thinking that, as her marefriend, Rainbow should be the one to tell fluttershy rather than hoffing it off to them. In the end though, I think this is a terrible ending for Fluttershy. I mean, everyone around her is willing for her to live her entire life believing a falsehood. More than that, they are okay with Fluttershy never knowing the joys of making love. It's pretty awful when you think about it.

I distinctly remember a 'human interest' story that was in the news fifteen or twenty years ago. It was about a forty-something couple in China, married since they were teenagers, who went to a doctor for help because they couldn't figure out why they were still childless. After all, they kissed each other every day!

6582156 To them, Fluttershy's mind is still as innocent as a fillies, and possibly more innocent. Just like to their little sisters and other fillies, they believe it is better for Fluttershy to believe this falsehood until she is old enough to understand for herself. Just because she doesn't understand now, doesn't mean she'll understand eventually.

But this story isn't about their future conflict. This story is about their current conflict. Even though this conflict ended the way it did, it doesn't mean more will follow. And it doesn't even have to be related to their love or their foal.

6582448 I've... never heard about that...

the part of the video that is my comment is 3:20 to 3:53

Dat plot twist....duuude:pinkiecrazy::rainbowderp:

I half expected Fluttershy to reveal somewhere near the end that she knew exactly where foals come from, and was just messing with everypony else. Either that or someone would finally tell her and she'd be like, "Oh, so it's just like with animals." (Which, incidentally, was what my reaction was when my father gave me The Talk.)

Frankly, the idea that Fluttershy could spend so much time taking care of (intact) animals and not have any idea where baby animals come from is extremely hard to believe. Of course, I realize that part of the point is the absurdity of the idea, but personally I'm generally unable to enjoy stories that are based on concepts that makes no sense.

6688802 Like I said in another comment, this was more of a 'What if and what would happen' scenario.

This story idea came from how so many other stories would put Rainbow Dash in a scenario that seems extremely unlikely, yet people would believe them without a second thought. The main reason for that is of course, it's never been confirmed in canon, and even then, they're able to get away with it. After seeing enough of those, I wondered, 'Would people ever believe something as absurd as Fluttershy not knowing where babies come from?' When I thought that, a lot of ideas popped up into my head, and this story is its end results.

That's why this story is as absurd as it is. You don't have to believe it at all.

7045594 I guess! But yeah, Rainbow should have just set Fluttershy down, and had a talk about the birds and the bees in PRIVATE and not have announced it to half of Equestria!

I enjoyed reading this, I liked the ending!

"You see, as the Princess of Love, I can help ponies understand their difference and give them advice on how to maintain a healthy relationship. But anything from intimacy and beyond is between the two parties. I'm afraid I can't get involved in that. And some things are better left for them to learn on their own." I want that Cadance everywhere, she sounds like she would actually let others start their relationship themself, without to manipulate them.

All Shining Armor could do was stare his eyes off at the front entrance of the throne room, one pupil bigger than the other as it twitched.

okay that one I really don't understand.

The changelings were all falling down from Rainbow's attacks

and suddenly Rainbow woke up from her dream and loosing her super powers. I just think sometimes there should actually be a scene where Rainbow isn't able to stop a whole army, not even by being Rainbow Dash. (I mean often enough it looks like being Rainbow Dash is reson enough for the most, but I love it a little bit more realistic. However nothing against this story, I always have to state my opinion if I read something a certain amount of time in a random story.)

"YOU WOULD DO THAT TO HER?! AAAAHHH!!!"

Chrysalis shot through the roof with her own body, not even caring about the damages being done to her hive. All of the changelings scattered, either going through that same hole, creating a new one, or just using the actual exit. It didn't matter to them. The chaos caused multiple debris to fall like an earthquake. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy covered each other as the whole hive collapsed.

:rainbowhuh:

But how could she? Fluttershy's mind was so pure and innocent. How could she give the talk of something like this and break that innocence? She still couldn't figure out how this was possible in the first place. She just had to ask something.

Now I understad, but that would need to mean that Fluttershy would have to be Flutters**** after that.

Nice story, but I shouldn't have forced myself to read it right now. I just noticed if you don't have the time, and are to tired or just not in the mood, that can already be a reason why something isn't as good as it could be. (if you know what I mean).

7629646

I want that Cadance everywhere, she sounds like she would actually let others start their relationship themself, without to manipulate them.

I don't read many fanfics or fan depictions of Cadance. Does she really manipulate their love like that?

All Shining Armor could do was stare his eyes off at the front entrance of the throne room, one pupil bigger than the other as it twitched.

okay that one I really don't understand.

I think I was trying to describe a face expression like this:
image.prntscr.com/image/5e7fd6c399cf4f62af5428e4ff5641ba.png
and for some reason thought Shining Armor did that kind of face.

The changelings were all falling down from Rainbow's attacks

and suddenly Rainbow woke up from her dream and loosing her super powers. I just think sometimes there should actually be a scene where Rainbow isn't able to stop a whole army, not even by being Rainbow Dash. (I mean often enough it looks like being Rainbow Dash is reson enough for the most, but I love it a little bit more realistic.

I think by realistic, it's more on which side you want to perceive it from. I like to perceive Rainbow Dash in the best of her abilities, (where she, and the rest of the Mane Six, are able to hold back one of Changelings on their own while a Royal Guard army couldn't even protect their citizens) rather than the worst of her abilities for plot convenience. (where her flying skills supposedly is worse at keeping up with a ball than Fluttershy's is.) I'm on the side that shows the better side of her abilities and I hate it when stories take the other approach. That being said, it sounds like we're on opposite terms for this subject.

Now I understad, but that would need to mean that Fluttershy would have to be Flutters**** after that.

I don't follow...

Nice story, but I shouldn't have forced myself to read it right now. I just noticed if you don't have the time, and are to tired or just not in the mood, that can already be a reason why something isn't as good as it could be. (if you know what I mean).

Well, I hope you enjoyed it for what it was. And I hope you enjoy its sequel too if you plan on reading that. Just a warning, it's not finished yet. Happy Reading!

7629963

I don't read many fanfics or fan depictions of Cadance. Does she really manipulate their love like that?

At least it always looks to me, like she would force the main char or others to make their move on the other Pony even if they aren't really comfortable with it, or if they don't even know if they want it.

I think I was trying to describe a face expression like this:

http://image.prntscr.com/image/5e7fd6c399cf4f62af5428e4ff5641ba.png

and for some reason thought Shining Armor did that kind of face.

I think I didn't understood what reason he had to be kind of shocked about it.

I'm on the side that shows the better side of her abilities and I hate it when stories take the other approach. That being said, it sounds like we're on opposite terms for this subject.

While the guards are maybe not able to act really well, I always think the way of......
Well I kind of agree with the saying "no matter how strong someone is, a huge number on enemys would get the better of them".

Cartoon or not, in a story I can't really understand if they can fight off a huge amount of enemys without combat training, (even if the guards are a good example why they could, but in some storys they are actually good.)
Maybe I just like the Changelings really much, or I can't see Rainbow as a Bruce Lee or something like that.

I don't follow...

If I remember it right I made that comment about Rainbow thinking to hard about destroying Fluttershys innocence, and I just thought she was overreacting. I thought that Fluttershy didn't had to be the worst and most frisky person ever, after she knows about the sex, or would do it once. However I'm not sure anymore what happened before that, so I can only guess what that was about.

Just a warning, it's not finished yet.

yep I enjoyed it, and as usually I hope it won't be finished for a long time.

7631874

I think I didn't understood what reason he had to be kind of shocked about it.

The reason for that was the same reason all of the other Mane Six were shocked.

Cartoon or not, in a story I can't really understand if they can fight off a huge amount of enemys without combat training, (even if the guards are a good example why they could, but in some storys they are actually good.)

Well, Rainbow Dash IS taking training at the Wonderbolts Academy, which looks quite a lot like a Military Training Camp. (Especially since, when Spike turned into a full grown dragon, the Wonderbolts were sent to try and stop it.) If anypony of the Mane Six has actual combat training, it's Rainbow Dash.

Maybe I just like the Changelings really much, or I can't see Rainbow as a Bruce Lee or something like that.

The former, I can relate to with Rainbow Dash.

If I remember it right I made that comment about Rainbow thinking to hard about destroying Fluttershys innocence, and I just thought she was overreacting. I thought that Fluttershy didn't had to be the worst and most frisky person ever, after she knows about the sex, or would do it once. However I'm not sure anymore what happened before that, so I can only guess what that was about.

Oh, I think I understand now. Rainbow's line of thinking was, 'If Fluttershy didn't know it already, how could she tell her now?' To her, it's like she's literally trying to make this talk to a little filly that shouldn't be told about the subject yet. She knows Fluttershy should know, but with her mind thinking like that, she isn't able to.

yep I enjoyed it, and as usually I hope it won't be finished for a long time.

Wait... Are you hoping my sequel NEVER gets completed? Or do you just like it that much? Did you already read through all that was available already?

7632209 While I don't agree with everything you are saying, this is your world building there, so I just endure what I don't like, and enjoy the story for what it is.


I just already hope the story is getting a bit longer so I can enjoy some good chapters till my other favourite storys get updated.
To be honest I have to learn for two tests, have two or three different games right now, and I have bought a new book while I still have to finish another one just for the sake of it.

Then I try to do other stuff as well, and that is a little bit difficult at the moent, but it has nothing to do with the story.

7632387 Um... okay then.

Oh my gosh, that was super adorable!

Suspending my disbelief that Fluttershy, an animal caretaker somehow wouldn’t know where foals come from and …
“Just… try it again another time and be patient. Just be easy on Fluttershy, okay?” LOLOLOLOLOLOL The moment with Twilight was probably the loudest I laughed, but at large the whole thing was funny.

8333433

Suspending my disbelief that Fluttershy, an animal caretaker somehow wouldn’t know where foals come from

My response when stories pit Rainbow Dash towards something I don't believe. (Such as one speculating that she doesn't know how to swim.) I eventually wondered if people would believe unbelievable scenarios like that with other characters. So I thought of something that another character would most likely know of.

I made a random comment asking, "Would people believe a Fluttershy not knowing where foals come from?" When I made that comment, so many ideas started popping into my head. That's how this story was born. (I don't remember how the sequel was born.)

And now you've learned where stories come from just like foals!

“Just… try it again another time and be patient. Just be easy on Fluttershy, okay?” LOLOLOLOLOLOL The moment with Twilight was probably the loudest I laughed,

Really? It was that funny?

8446825

Also what did Rainbow want to do to Fluttershy? I mean how could it be so bad that Chrysalis would run away in terror.

I don't really want to give mature details, but...

I really want to know what that potion would have done. :rainbowlaugh:

relates to this. There was one small hint I made to it.

“You had a very easy job. Slip into that family’s tent and siphon their love! And you’re telling me nothing was there?!”

Basically, when their love goes too deep into private areas, it becomes toxic to the changelings.

8447896

Hmmmm. So sex then? Rainbow didn't have like a weird fetish she wanted Fluttershy to do to her, it was just normal lesbian sex then.

It could go deeper than that, but like I said, I didn't want to make this mature, so I didn't go into detail of that.

Some people think it's stupid enough for 2 mares to have a child they could both call their own without adoption. And that's where this story was going, in Rainbow's mind until she found out how innocent Fluttershy really was.

My only problem with this story is how Rainbow acts like their relationship is over just because she couldn't explain sex to Fluttershy. I mean is she that desperate? I can understand why Fluttershy as upset.

Fluttershy wanted to start a family. Rainbow's upset that she can't work up the courage to make that happen. She feels trapped in a certain part of their relationship that can't go further, as if she was stuck in a 'friend zone' area, but a friend zone area that's already in a relationship. She really wants to start this family with Fluttershy, but isn't able to, and it's making Fluttershy really sad. (Essentially, it's letting her friends down, letting her lover down.)

Also I gotta give you props for not going with the usual ending. The usual ending the being either explaining what sex is, or just having sex anyways.

Well... there's still the sequel.

8448846
All I said was there's still the sequel. So, unless you've read that already, you haven't reached the ending yet. If you read it, hope you enjoy!

Login or register to comment