• Published 12th Jan 2016
  • 977 Views, 29 Comments

Clockwise Aspects - Kaffeina



Dimensional invasion. Not normally something to be expected, but this species saw it coming. They were warned, however, it was too late. Now, after a malfunction of the invading tech, one of them finds themself in a land of strange speaking ponies.

  • ...
5
 29
 977

Chapter 1

I blinked my eyes as everything cleared. It was immediately obvious I was not at home. Not only that, but there were these odd four-legged poly-chromatic horses everywhere. Some of them had wings, some had horns, and some had neither. It was then that I realized I was in a box of sorts. I knocked the blanket off me. Apparently, I was one of the four-legged things. My fur was a light ginger, as it had been. I was somewhat fluffy, and my 'hair' was a light brown. It took a few seconds before I registered all this properly in my head.

"MMMMMM!" I whimpered, curling up. I wasn't home. No, I should have been dead! This didn't make a lick of sense! My whimpering increased. As I freaked out, I noticed the bundle in the box next to me fidget. While I watched, a small, what I could call, bug peeked out from the blankets.

I almost wanted to freak out more, but something about the look it gave me, the look that said it knew how I felt, made me stop. This bug, a creature I had never seen before, trusted me? Why? I couldn't figure it out. Of all things, a bug? As I watched, it climbed up and sat down. Then, motioned to itself, repeating a strange word, before gesturing at me.

I gave it a look of confusion. "What? I don't understand"

It repeated the word and gestured to me. It took me a moment, but I realized it was giving its name and asking for mine. I shook my head before shrugging. The creature frowned and then nodded, before giving its name once more. It sounded odd, clearly not of my language. I attempted to mimic the word.

He, I'm guessing its a he, shook his head and repeated the name. I attempted again, trying to copy him. It took a few tries but I finally got it. Cocoon. Fitting. Cocoon gestured his hoof towards the street at a small cart before making an eating motion with his legs. I looked to the cart and nodded. It was time to see if cuteness held the same in this place.

As I approached the sales-tom, he smiled and mouthed something. I nodded. He held out a hoof and made a give it here motion. I shook my head and tilted it downwards, tears falling from my face. The sales-tom said something, but I didn't understand. I looked up, and the slaes-tom pulled back, eyes wide. I looked up at him and nearly broke.

In his eyes, I could see myself. A small, somewhat fluffy, creature like him, big eyes full of tears. In fact, it probably should've put him into a cuteness overload coma. Yes, I sound self-centered, but I'm completely serious. I'd seen less cute things put some of my species into a coma. The sales-tom's eyes teared up, and he lifted a piece of his produce, a spherical red object with a green leaf attached, with his leg before holding it down towards me. I took it and nodded gratefully before making my way back to the box, displaying my win to Cocoon.

He eagerly clapped his hooves together as I sat back down in the box, barely managing to keep it in on my legs. Cocoon made a chomping motion and moved his hands to his mouth. I nodded, before biting into the thing. It was nice. Sour, sweet, and crunchy. I moaned slightly, getting a laugh from Cocoon who I glared at. The bug snickered and stuck his tongue out, which I responded in kind.


After some begging, we managed to get a bit more food. My stuffed belly had me feeling mellow, so when Cocoon began to look like a few of my friends and family, I assumed it was the food talking. Thankfully, none of the 'officials' had come to move us, so I assumed we weren't doing anything wrong. That, and from what I could tell, Cocoon had been here for a long time.

"Where are we?" I asked him, only to get a response that still sounded foreign. This language barrier was going to be an issue, I can say that for a fact. So was learning to walk... Wait a minute... Hadn't I walked already? I stood up and moved around. OH! So it's like at home! As my previous species, we would either walk on all fours, like when we're in a hurry, or on two legs for formal occasions. Yes, walking like this was slightly different, I likely wouldn't be able to walk on two legs or jump like I had been able to, but my luck was fantastic!

I started dancing, getting a confused look from Cocoon. Well, its not like I can explain such a thing to him. My little jig went on for a minute before I sat down and grinned at him. He just rolled his eyes at me and looked back to the street in front of us. As I watched his eyes, I saw them follow two of the other creatures, which I gave confused stare.

He motioned towards them, only to stand up and follow them. Scrambling out of the box, I followed behind him as best I could. Surprisingly, the two made their way towards something I recognized. A train! So, there were some similarities after all! My eagerness was only matched by Cocoon who dove into the white one's luggage and I followed close behind.

The clothes smelled like there was more perfume on them than there was in the entire city. My head was already starting to hurt, not just that, but I could taste it! It tasted like soap. Ugh, terrible. I attempted to wipe off my tongue, but that made it worse. In the end, I ended up licking myself to get rid of the taste. Suffice to say, my mouth would not be opening for awhile.

Cocoon was peering out through a hole he made moving the clothes around. Who carries this much luggage? Anyway, he peered out and I watched in silence as we began moving. The cart was dragged across something bumpy and onto, likely, the train. I waited until it went dark and Cocoon poked me, gesturing out of the clothes and I nodded, dropping onto the floor to take a breath of fresh air. That perfume was awful.

After wiping my tongue off, several times, reality caught up with me. I'm no longer one of my kind... I'm not even on my world. I was trusting some bug-creature from another world. Then again, I was the scientist who had proved the existence of other dimensions to my world, so it wasn't far from my realm of belief.

I shook my head and looked at Cocoon again. He was meandering towards a large house near the station, practically devoid of people aside from the ponies with scraggly fur in front of it. They were all passed out on torn and ratty blankets. I frowned, homeless? That hadn't been a problem back home. We had long since increased employment and literacy to 100%. The last recorded suicide had been twenty years ago, even war itself was unlikely since diplomatic issues were decided through Virtual Realities so that we did not harm our world.

Cocoon led me into the house and up to a room full of children. They all gathered around murmuring their foreign words as he used an odd green mist and a book full of food landed next to him. He smiled and held up a hoof, 'VICTORY!' was the gist I got from him. They clapped their paws together excitedly. He waved towards the box and they dug in.

I looked around the room. Tattered blankets, sheets, and clothes covered the windows and floor. There were a few piles on the ground, likely for them to sleep on. I squinted, counting the beds. There was one extra, and it seemed that I was going to have to sleep here. I looked to Cocoon and he nodded. I jumped onto the pile. It was going to be a very different world.