• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 3,246 Views, 71 Comments

Sthemata - Collision of matter and thoughts - marielity



The Highschooler Simon accidently starts a magical trip to equestria, discovering his untapped powers.

  • ...
15
 71
 3,246

Chapter 9 - The promise

Chapter 9 - The promise


Simon woke up by the warm sunlight that entered through small holes in the roof of the barn, shining directly into his face. He slowly raised his arms...or at least he tried, but his arms were buried under heavy weights. Opening his eyes he noticed, that there were certain ponies lying on him. Applejack layed on his legs, her usually tied mane wildly sprayed over his thights, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy each lying on one of his arms, and Pinkie Pie lying on his chest, snoring loudly.

Confused Simon choke his head."I remember Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy coming to me, but how did Pinkie Pie end up here?", Simon thought."Probably she sneaked up. I can't remember clearly."

Simon relaxed a bit (in spite of the heavy weights on his body) and tried to remember the last night. A deep blush went over his face and he sighted deeply, smiling like an idiot. "That was the best night ever", he whispered to himself.

He felt very sweaty. Not only did the ponies spend their warmth to him, but the warmth of the hot summerday became more and more noticeable. Simon had the urge to wash himself as soon as possible.

Looking at the peacefully sleeping ponies on him he smiled. Not wanting to wake them up he concentrated until his fists started to glow in a slight blue, engulfing the four ponies with the same aura. Lifting them up magically he crawled away and carefully planted them down on the hay again. It took a moment before Simon could feel his limps again.

He stood up and nearly fell back into the hay. His muscles felt numb and his legs were shaking, obviously from the heavy weights on his body. Slowly going step by step to the barn door he noticed that Rarity was still asleep as well, but her mane was a mess. He snickered to himself. „When she looks into a mirror, she'll get an heartattack", he thought.

He made his way outside, greeted by the warmth of the sunny day. He stretched his arms, made his body crack and went to the nearby river that passes through ponyville. He placed his clothes at a nearby bush and jumped into the cold water. The sudden coolness soon turned into a confortable temperature (regarding the warm summerday). Simon swam around for a while and let his thoughts wander.

"Finally we are together again", he thought. "And at first I thought they would hate me, because of my deeds." Simon sighted deeply. His mind wandered back to the ponies, with which he spent the night with. But he could not forget what happened the day before at the same place; the time he lost himself in anger and frustration and nearly attacked his dearest friends.

A shiver went over Simon's skin and he decided to leave the cool riverstream. He got out the water and layed back in the grass to get dry and warm again. "Today I have to go to Centalot", he whispered to himself. "I hope Twilight and the princess can find out what is wrong with me and how to get me back to my world."

After a while Simon felt dry enough to put his clothes on and went back to the farm. He decided to pass the orchards on his way back to pick up some apples for breakfast. As he walked through the long avenues he noticed that he was not alone.

"G'mornin' Big Mac", Simon greeted the red workhorse. There were many buckets filled with apples around him and it looked like he was about to be finished with his work. "Got ya hooves full aready this morning?"

"Eeyup", Big Mac replied. He gave the tree next to him a hard kick and the last empty buckets were filled with apples. "And how 'bout ya? Ya got ya hooves full last night, didn't ya?"

Simon blushed a bit. "Kind of. Do you mind if I take some of these for our breakfast?"

Big Mac took a filled bucket and filled it to Simon. "Nope".

"Thanks, Big Mac. Bye!"

Armed with apples he made his way back to the barn. As he entered he noticed some movement's in the hay.

"Good morning girls", Simon greeted them.

"Ah. Good morning, Simon", Rarity answered. "It seems the others are still too lazy to get up."

"Oh. That's too bad." He raised his voice. "If they were to get up now, they would have some fresh harvested apples for breakfast."

Just when he sat down in the hay he was already surrounded by a bunch of suddenly more lifeful ponies.

"Damn. I'm starving", Rainbow Dash exclaimed, picking an apple and munching on it. She looked at Simon with full mouth."...an' gud mrng, Simn."

"I take that as a greeting", he responded with a smiled.

"Rainbow! Can't ya wait until we all start eatin'?", Applejack scolded at her. "Damn. Is it that late already?". She picked up her stetson hat. "Ah need to get at work right now."

"Applejack. Wait!", Simon called." Don't you want to eat first? Besides...I think Big Mac already finished applebucking."

"Did he? All by himself? I hope he wasn't angry with me."

"No I don't think so. He happily offered us these apples for breakfast."

With that Applejack returned to the others. "In that case ah'll have somethin' for maself first." She grabbed an apple and took a big bite from it.

Rarity and Fluttershy joined them for breakfast. But one was missing.

"Pinkie Pie?", Simon asked and looked around. After a few seconds he found her still sleeping in the hay. „Pinkie. Breakfast time." But she just continued her slumber and murmured something about cupcakes. Simon shrugged and went back for his breakfast. Several minutes and half a bucket of apples later, all were filled.

Leaning back against the hay they sighted in delightment. "That was good", Simon said.

"Yeah. But not as good as last night", Rainbow Dash said with a big grin.

"I better don't ask what exactly happened", Rarity harrumphed. "You were so noisy I almost couldn't sleep."

"Well...You learned first hand how good my hands are at giving massages", Simon said. "You could have joined in, you know?"

"By the way sugarcube", Applejack adressed Rarity. "Ya should take a look in the mirror. Your hair 's a total mess."

"You are one to talk", Rarity answered with a cheeky grin. "You all look like you went through a tornado last night."

Simon and the ponys exchanged a look. Except for Simon, who already took a bad, the girl's manes were a total mess. Fluttershy's mane was rouffled like crazy and instead of covering only half of her face i hid her completely. They couldn't help but laugh about their looks.

The girls decided to go to the nearby river to get fresh and fix their manes. In the meantime Simon checked for his backpack. Everything was still in it. Taking a look at the train ticket he let out a loud sigh. "Today is the day. Maybe I'll learn something new in Centalot about my situation", he thought. He put some apples in his backpack for later and went outside.

He could hear the girls from far distance. On his way to ponyville and the trainstation he had to pass there anyway. As he arrived at their location he could see them laughing while swimming and playing in and near the water. Rarity and Fluttershy already finished and were combing each others manes, while Applejack and Rainbow Dash had a wrestling duel in the shallow water. They looked all up at him as he went closer.

"Is it time already?," Fluttershy whispered.

Simon nodded. "If I hurry up I can get the early train ride."

"Darling!", Rarity exclaimed." I wish you good luck in Centalot."

"Thanks. I'm off then. Bye!" Simon turned towards ponyville.

"Hey big fella", Applejack shouted. "What kind of parting is that? That's all ya got to say?"

Simon turned around with a blush on his face, nervously scratching the back of his head." I...I'm not really good with parting words."

"Then how about you come over here and make your farewell a bit more personal?", Rainbow Dash called.

Smiling Simon went over to the girls. He let down his backpack and opened his arms to hug the girls.

As they cuddled close to him he noticed quickly that they were still wet and his clothes became drenched. After a short hug he fred himself from the grouphug and stared at his clothes. "Ah. Look at this. It will take a while before they are dry again."

"Hm. Seems like you have to dry them up first", Applejack remarked. "Else ya might catch a cold."

"Looks like it. Now I will miss my train. Next one comes 2 hours later."

"Oh. How sad", Rainbow Dash gasped theatrically. "What shall we do in the meantime?"

She turned for Applejack and Fluttershy with a sly grin on her face. Simon just raised an eyebrown. "I get the feeling that...HEY. What are you...?"

He was interrupted as three ponies jumped at him and quickly took off his clothes, until the only thing left was his pants. Then they pulled him to the water. He protested loudly until he fell into the river with a loud splash. After a few seconds he came up again, grimly looking at the ponys. "You planned that from the very start, didn't you?" The girls just stood at the river and whistled innocently.

Simon swam towards them, still with a grim look on his face. Their faces became a bit unconfortable. Maybe they went a bit too far? Fluttershy whispered: "Simon? Are you...Eeep!"

That's when Simon picked up Fluttershy and threw her in the river. "Revenge!"

Before she even hit the water Simon took Applejack and Rainbow Dash under each of his arms and used some levitation-magic to jump with them into the water again. The impact of the 3 ponys and a human caused enough splashes to drench Rarity to the bones, her carefully attended mane a mess again. As Simon and the three girls chased each other in the water she went to the river and glared at Simon with an evil grin. „It...is...on!", she called and jumped into the water.

"Wait for me...wheee!". With a loud splash Pinkie Pie jumped into the water.

"Hey Pinkie", Rainbow Dash greeted her. "Finally awake?".

"Duh...of course. Else I wouldn't be swimming with you right...HEY!" Simon greeted her by splashing some water at her. "I'll get you for that!".

They spend about half an hour playing in the water. Most times the ponys tried to catch Simon, but he was a faster swimmer then them. When Rarity tried to use her magic to catch him and Rainbow Dash flied at him he simply dived down, something ponys are even worse in then swimming. Then from below he pulled them down on their legs and they yelped in surprise before coming up again. At one time Simon was captured by surprise as Pinkie Pie pulled him down. Equipped with diving glasses, snorkel and flippers she even chased him underwater.

"Where the hell did she get this stuff from?", Simon wondered. He just shrugged it off and turned his attention back to the game.

They continued for a while until Simon tried to pull Fluttershy underwater, but she immediatly started to panic and nearly forgot how to swim. Simon calmed her down by carrying her and floating back to land. Exhausted he sat down in the grass.

Rainbow Dash called at him. "Are you done already?"

"I don't know how you can have so much stamina", Simon panted.

The others came back to land as well. "That's what happens, when you mess with Equestrias fastes flyer!", Rainbow Dash boasted.

"And a hard trained farmer pony", Applejack added proudly.

"And Ponyville's best party organizer," Pinkie Pie added with a squee.

„Yeah“, Fluttershy whispered.

"I guess you are right", Simon said. Then he layed back and relaxed in the sun. The others joined him. For several minutes they just closed their eyes and listened to the slight breeze and enjoyed the warmth of the sun.

"Say Simon", Applejack said in a low voice. "What exactly will ya do in Centalot?"

"I hope that Twilight's and Celestia's research on my origin was successful", Simon answered. "And I will do my best to assist them if possible. I also need a checkup in case I go on a rampage again. I hope they'll know what to do."

"They sure do, Simon", Fluttershy conforted him. "If not the princess, who else could find out?"

"Yeah. I know."

"Simon?", Rainbow whispered.

"Yes Rainbow?"

"I always wondered. You said that you can't remember about your time before coming to Equestria. „She eyed him nervously. "What do you FEEL when you try to remember about your past?"

Simon pondered a while before he answered. "I'm not sure. At some times I saw things from my past. Memorys popping up suddenly. And to be honest...most of them gave me the chills even though I didn't understand them completly."

Rainbow Dash just looked down and nervously pawed the ground with one hoof.

"What is it sugarcube," Applejack asked her, "ya look so down."

"It's just...what if your past...wasn't so good. Maybe...you wanted to forget about it. Wouldn't it be better to...not remember?"

Simon just stared at her.

Still looking on the ground, Rainbow Dash felt his gaze on him. She continued: "Maybe the old Simon is a total different person from the Simon we learned to know."

"You mean he was bigger, or smaller then now?", Pinkie Pie riddled. "Oh oh. Or maybe his skin was blue before. Maybe he had wings for hands and..."

"No, Pinkie", Rainbow Dash interrupted her. "What if he was...unfriendly, unhappy and stuff? I like Simon the way he is now."

Simon still stared at her when he answered. „Maybe, but still. I have to find out. Besides." He smiled broadly. „How could I be 'unfriendly, unhappy and stuff' after meeting all of you? I won't let some old memories spoil my new ones."

At this the ponies 'awwwd' at him. Rainbow Dash still looked a bit unconfortable though.

„And what if they find a way to send you back,“ Rainbow Dash continued, „will you return?“

Silence filled the air as the ponies stared at Simon. He on the other hand closed his eyes and pondered.

He asked himself this question several times before. Of course he wanted to know about his origin. On the other hand he was in a place where he felt happy. Hell, he even had magical powers, who would want to dismiss that?

But this power had a flaw. He remembered the time this power overwhelmed him and endangered his friends.

He weighted his options before he answered.

„I just don't know yet,“ Simon answered. „This place feels like a part of me; but a part of me tells me, that I don't belong here; I get the feeling I miss something and I simply can't put my hands on it what that is.“

The ponies sighted at his answer and lowered their heads. Then Rarity spoke up again.

„Simon. Whatever your decision is, we will respect it and wish you the very best. Just remember to visit us, when you made up your mind.“

Simon chuckled at this. „Of course I will. Who would be so mean and sneak away without saying goodbye?“

The answer was a long and meaningful stare from the ponies.

„Ah come on. I won't do it again, I promise.“

„Pinkie Promise?,“ Pinkie Pie asked.

„Pinkie Promise,“ Simon answered and offered her his little finger.

She trotted closer and inspected his finger, then looked up at him. „Um. What is that supposed to mean?“

„You asked for a Pinkie promise, didn't you?, Simon wondered. „That requires me and you to use our little fingers, also known as pinkie.“

At this Pinkie Pie giggled. „Ah Simon. That's so oldschool. Sealing a contract requires a formal handshake. No. What I mean is a super, duper, hyper important promise that never shall be broken. Or else you'll loose your friends FOREVER!“ The last word was filled with dread as Pinkie narrowed her eyes at him. „You got that?“

Slightly trembling and with shocked eyes Simon nodded.

„Good“. Instantly Pinkie Pie was happy again and smiled at him. „Okay. Now watch me how to Pinkie promise.“

She sat back on her haunches and started the ritual.

„Cross my heart (made two lines over her chest), hope to fly (waves with her arms wildy) stick a cupcake in my eye (covers her left eye with one of her hooves). Now you!“

Simon was about to laugh about her strange ritual, when he noticed that her grin had changed. She narrowed her eyes again and smiled at him maniacly. The other ponies didn't notice.

„Something wrong, Simon?“, Pinkie Pie chirped, still grinning maniacly at him.

„Crossmyhearthopetoflystickacupcakeinmyeye,“ Simon spurted out in haste, repeating the gestures she did before.

„Oki doki. ~Lalala~“, she sang with a smile and hopped back to the others. Simon just swished away the cold sweat from his forehead.

„That really could have gone into the eye“, Simon muttered to himself.


After waiting for a few minutes the train finally came into view; and this time Simon would not let it pass by.

The backpack to his side, the train ticket in his hand he turned for his friends.

„Okay. This is it. Wish me good luck.“

„Good luck Simon,“ Applejack nodded, „and come here back soon!“

„And don't get wet hooves and run away again“, Rainbow Dash said jokingly.

„I won't. I promised, remember?“. Simon was still shivering from the crazy stare Pinkie Pie gave him before.

The Pony in mind spoke to him in a threatening way. „FOREVER“.

He then realized that the real Pinkie Pie was standing in front of him and just had talked to him. In instinct he backed away a bit. „I promised! I promised!“

She looked at him confused but laughed immediatly. „I just said, that we'll have the best party EVER, when you come back, silly, so don't let us wait for so long.“

The train came to an halt at the station and the doors opened. Some ponies left from their trips back home to ponyville and a few were stepping in. The conducter watched the train station with a look on his watch.

„Okay. I'll have to go now. Bye.“ Simon took his backpack and...

„Oh come on. Not such a heartless goodbye again,“ Rarity exclaimed. „You aren't a brute, are you?“

Simon turned around and smiled at the group. He got down on one knee and beckoned the others to get closer for a hug. They remained like this for a moment until the conducter whistled and called an reminder for the last passengers.

Before Simon got up he got a small kiss from Applejack on his cheek, followed by Fluttershy, kissing him on his forehead. Rainbow Dash just glared at them in disgust. „Na. Goodbye kisses are so soppy!“.

He let go of his friends, waved a goodbye and jumped into the train. He quickly took seat at a window to watch as his friends slowly move away from him. Waving at them they slowly left his vision.

Until suddenly Rainbow Dash popped up in front of him again at the window. She motioned him to come closer and put her lips on the glass for a kiss. Simon got closer, when suddenly a lasso appeared and caught Rainbow Dash midair. With a surprised gasp she was sent back to the train station.

Simon opened the window and looked outside to check out wether Rainbow Dash is okay or not, but instead he found her and Applejack both in a friendly brawl and the others laughing. Smiling he closed the window and sat down again.

„Man. These last days have been hell and heaven at the same time“, he thought. „Not only became my relationships worse and better, my magic did also. I bet Twilight and the princesses will be surprised.“

Neither him nor them knew it yet, but they were about to be surprised very soon.