• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 3,247 Views, 71 Comments

Sthemata - Collision of matter and thoughts - marielity



The Highschooler Simon accidently starts a magical trip to equestria, discovering his untapped powers.

  • ...
15
 71
 3,247

Chapter 7 - The clue

Chapter 7 - The clue


Simon was sweating in the warm sun. His T-Shirt laid next to him on the ground while Simon worked in the hot afternoon sun. His task was to dig a hole at the construction yard near the major's hall.

"Hey there, laddy" a voice shouted over to him,"you're doin' a real good job there". The builder chef-pony waved at him.

"I'm doing my best," Simon answered,"if I only had gloves for the shovel I could dig even faster."

"Oh...Ah didn't mean your digging." The builder sideglanced at the grey pegasus pony next to Simon, busy handling a shovel with her hooves. Simon just nodded and returned to his work with a bitter grin. Oh yeah. There was another task for him. Taking care of Derpy hooves.

"Do you know what he meant?", Derpy asked him. She looked at him, but Simon could only tell so because she just asked him a question. None of her eyes seem to look at him as they were looking in different directions. Maybe this eye-damage made her so clumsy that the other ponys even need someone to take care of her, but no one could really tell.

"Oh. He meant me taking care of the digging here,"he answered,"we are doing a good job here together."

"Oh that's nice," she answered,"normally the others are not satisfied with my work, but it's not my fault that everything breaks so easily."

"Thanks goodness here is nothing to break", Simon said laughing. He didn't mention Derpy's shovel, which she already succesfully managed to break so the shaft was only half its size. But she didn't seem to have taken notice of it at all."How is your digging going?"

"Almost done", she answered.

Simon observed her work. Indeed she did pretty well. Her pit looked like Simon's. The builders will have no problems installing the solids for the basement.

"Very good indeed," Simon nodded," I bet we'll have finished our work sooner then planned." Simon turned to his pit when he noticed something. He tilted his head and asked:"Derpy?"

"Yes?"

"Where does that pile of sand behind you come from?"

"From my pit of course", Derpy answered smiling.

Simon went to the big pile of sand and checked it. He put his hand inside and met with the wooded bench now buried under masses of sand.

"You know that you buried the benches here?" Simon asked.

"Oh really?" Her smile was gone."But I just did as you said:' Watch how I dig the hole and do the same over there'"

"Yeah, but I didn't mean you to put the sand away like I do," Simon said calmly,"we were supposed to gather the sand at certain piles here. Now we have to get the benches free somehow."

Derpy just wanted to answer, when her upward looking eye catched something."I think I know a fast way." Before Simon could ask she jumped up in the air. Simon couldn't figure out what she was up to. The sun was too bright to look up so he just sighted and continued his work. After a short moment he heard her wings nearby and turned for her...and was tossed into his pit by Derpy's crash-landing.

Coughing Simon got up and looked from his pit at her, his face covered in sand. "What..?"

"I found someone who will remove the sand in no time", Derpy answered trotting next to her pile of sand.

"Well if that isn't our scare-filly", someone snarled.

It was Rainbow Dash.

"You want this pile of sand moved, Derpy?" she asked.

"Oh yeah please," Derpy answered," Simon and me have been digging all day here for now and this pile needs to get over there to Simon."

Rainbow Dash looked from Derpy to Simon with an evil grin."With pleasure".

"Uhm, I don't think..." Simon began, but Rainbow Dash already flew up behind the pile of sand and started flapping her wings as fast as she could. It didn't take her long to cause a small sandstorm and all Simon could do was to grab his T-Shirt and protect his face from the sand.

One moment later the digging area was nothing but a sandstorm. After a minute Rainbow Dash slowed down and landed next to the benches, which were free from sand now. Simon and his pit on the other hand were gone.

"Oh that was great, Rainbow Dash,"Derpy shouted,"thank you."

"You're welcome, Derpy, but it looks like there will some more digging now for Simon", Rainbow Dash giggled."How bad."

"Where is he?", Derpy asked. She trotted where Simons pit has been a minute ago."You okay, Simon?", she shouted.

The ground under her hooves started to move and she jumped back. Then a hand stretched through the surface. It was glowing in a bright blue. Derpy and Rainbow Dash looked at it startled as it made a fist. Then the ground exploded. Sand rained down on both Derpy and Rainbow Dash as Simon climbed out of his pit. Though the pit was no straight line the whirlwind spell sure did quite a good job.

"Hm...why didn't I come up with this ealier?", he asked himself," Would have saved like half the day. Thank you again Rainbow Dash." He smiled evily at her.

She coughed sand before she spat:" No big deal, Pun-Head! Seems like my help wasn't necessary at all." With that she jumped into the air.

Simon reached out for her." Rainbow Dash, please wait!"

"I don't talk to you, ever", she said and flew away.

"Oh no, you don't," Simon said grimly. He didn't waste any time with humming and wirling his hands, but was focused on Rainbow Dash instead as he jumped up and flew up into the sky slowly, his hands glowing blue.

Rainbow Dash looked at him startled, then flew faster."You tryin' to catch up with me?"

"Can't we talk about it normally... please?", Simon panted.

"When you catch up to me I'll think about it." With that words she speeded away.

Simon bit his teeth together as he concentrated on Rainbow Dash and flew after her, slowly becoming faster. Though Rainbow Dash was still far away he became more confidant with his flying spell and slowly catched up with her, ignoring the growing pain in his head."Wait for me!", he shouted at her.

"This is a race, pun-head," she laughed at him," the fastest wins."

Simon became faster and faster, but for Rainbow Dash it was still slow. She even let him come close time by time just to speed away again from him, always teasing him.

Eventually Simon lost his concentration and started to tremble and fell back again."I...can't...", he panted. He became slower, the glowing on his hands began to fade. Rainbow Dash looked back at him to tease him, when Simon just stared at her with tired eyes, floating in the air and whispered:"You win". Then he lost consciousness.


The first thing Simon noticed was that he was still alive. He could tell by the pain in his head and his shoulders. When he opened his eyes it was still afternoon and he was greeted by the warm sun and some ponys who stood over him, looking down at him.

Simon slowly got up and rubbed his head. His memorys crawled back into his mind and he sighted. Then he looked around.

"Are you okay?" a voice asked.

Simon turned his head and saw Twilight Sparkle standing next him.

"Yeah I'm fine", Simon answered,"more or less." He moved his shoulders. It hurt but they didn't seemed to be damaged.

"Oh thanks goodness, I feared the worst when I saw you falling down," Twilight Sparkle exclaimed."I just left the library to search for you when I saw you falling down from the sky near Rainbow Dash."

Simon just noticed where he was. In his haste to get to Rainbow Dash they went close to the library. No wonder Twilight was nearby. But what about Rainbow Dash?

"Where is Rainbow Dash?", Simon asked.

"She flew away when she saw that I caught you up with my levitation spell." Twilight became doubting." Could it be that you both are in a dispute at the moment? She didn't seem to worry much about you."

Simon shoke his head."No it's nothing. Don't worry, Twilight". He got up."I need to go back to the construction yard. Thanks for you help". Simon turned around when Twilight called him.

"Simon. Before I forget." She trotted up at him. The other ponys went doing their own business."I received an answer from princess Celestia about you coming to Centalot. She has nothing against it. She even send an additional ticket for the pony express, so you don't have to buy one."

"Oh that's very nice," Simon answered with a smile,"I made myself useful today to earn some pony money so I can get around better. That's why I need to leave now. I've been away for too long now."

"What about the departure?" Twilight asked,"I have to leave soon. I thought you wanted to join me?"

Simon scratched his head."Well...I got something that I have to take care of first. Since the princess send me a ticket how about I follow you as soon as I'm finished here?"

Twilight nodded."Okay if you want to. If you need to know how to get to Centalot, I'll leave the ticket and a description at the library. Just ask Spike for it, when you want to leave."

"Thanks Twilight," Simon said."Damn I need to go. See you later in centalot!" He waved and ran off to the construction yard.


"Well that worked out very fine," Simon said to himself," he even gave me some extra cash".

Simon just returned from the construction yard. Due to his "whirling" performance he and Derpy still managed to get the work done. Faster then expected. And also no accidents happened anymore so the builder chief was very satisfied with Simons work and told him he could come back anytime to help out. Simon left and counted his money: 20 Pony Coins. 4 more then they agreed with first. "Now this will work for a while", he thought.

But there is still some more to do. It was late afternoon but still far from evening so Simon first went to the nearby river and cleaned himself from the sand all over his body. The cool water also helped him getting rid of his headache since his last meeting with Rainbow Dash.

"I did pretty good with my flying, but I need to be more careful," he said to himself," I still have to learn my limits and I certainly passed them this time." He got up and looked at his hands."But I'm getting better and better with my magic. It feels like this day is going to be a total success." He dried himself up, got dressed and moved on for the next part of the plan.


When he entered Rarity's boutique he was a bit nervous, but Simon saw no customers so he just went up to Rarity."Hello Rarity. How are you?"

"Oh hello Simon," she glanced at him,"I'm fine thank you very much. I hope you are good as well? I saw you working so hard on the construction yard all day."

"Oh yeah. I was kind of earning my first money here," Simon said," took a while but it was worth the effort."

"That's nice to hear," Rarity said," It's good to see you get along here in ponyville." She put on her red boutique glasses."So how can I help you?"

"Well..." Simon scratched the back of his head nervously."I hoped I could use the first part of my earnings to go on a dinner with you tonight; only if you are free of course", he hastely added.

Rarity just looked at him startled, then blushed a little, her cheeks becoming red like her glasses."Oh my." She winked at him with her blue eyes."How do I deserve such an honor?"

"Let's say it would be a good opportunity to wear the fine clothes you made for me before I go to centalot," Simon answered."Twilight told me I could visit Centalot and even got a ticket from the princess. I plan to drive there by train tomorrow morning."

"And you want to spend this evening for a rendez-vous with me?" Rarity asked smiling.

Simon blushed."Yeah. Kind of."

Rarity giggled a little."That's so nice of you really. I'm looking forward to when my gentleman appears and leads me to a fine restaurant. I'll be waiting here in the boutique for you".

"Then it is settled", Simon said."See you later!" Then Simon left the boutique, leaving a deeply-sighting and smiling Rarity.


Then sun was about to settle when Simon arrived at the secret hideout of the cutie mark crusaders; a lonely treehouse in a small part of the forest near applejacks farm and Fluttershy's house. He observed the scenery for a while then got up the wooden stairs and opened the door and entered the small house. It was empty.

"hm...I hope this is the right house", Simon thought to himself."They said they would be here. Guess I'll just have to wait." And so Simon opened a window and sat in a chair next to it and watched the scenery.

There was not much to see at first, as everything was sourrounded by greens and trees, but after a short moment Simon recognized Applejacks farm through some bushes. He narrowed his eyes and also noticed some movements.

Simon got up and left through the door to get near the bushes for a better view. The movements on the fields were some ponys at field work, namely Applejack and her bigger brother Big Macintosh, plowing the fields. Watching the scenery Simon thought about the day he woke up in the barn and found himself not dreaming being in a world of ponys. He shoke his head, when he remembered the day when he woke up in the barn again with Applejack. In thoughts Simon just stood there for a while and watched Applejack working, occasionally laughing when their dog Winona was hunting some flys or other small animals she couldn't get. He just wished he could be there, helping them and laughing with them. But this was impossible right now, Simon knew.

"And I don't think I should show up to get my backpack now,", Simon said to himself,"I will just cause a ruckus again. Better I'll get it, when it's dark."

Simon turned back for the house, when he noticed something. He looked back to Applejacks farm and saw a blue pegasus landing next to her.

"Rainbow Dash?" Simon wondered. To his surprise another pegasus joined them. This time a yellow one.

"And Fluttershy too? What are they doing there?" Simon asked himself.

It seemed like they were chatting; Rainbow Dash waving around with her arms a bit, then suddenly hugging, and weeping?, at Applejacks shoulder. Fluttershy hugged both Rainbow Dash and they stood there for a moment. Simon had the urge to run to them, join them and to finally set things right. But he stayed in the bushes. He would do things only worse.
When the three ponys released each other they started to chat wildly, but Simon couldn't hear anything.

"Dammit," he whispered,"what are they talking about? I wish I knew..."

His hands started to glow in a dark blue at the same time Simon came up with an idea. He focused on the group of ponys in front of him, stretched out his arms and whispered:"What are you talking about?"

At first he heard a humming...then it became a whisper. Then by then the whisper took form and he could hear out single words. With a slim grin Simon tried to make out, what they were talking about.

"Simon...going to...regret", Rainbow Dash's voice echoed in Simons head.

"...he is a monster!" Fluttershy's voice said.

"We need to...do something...about him", Applejacks voice exclaimed.

"He is...a problem", Rainbow Dash's voice said.

"He..."

Simon cut off the line and his hands stopped glowing. His smile was gone. So he was right. They really hated him. And they wanted to get rid of him. He tried everything sofar to befriend them again, but it only got worse.
Simon turned around and went back to the house. Someone was already there.

"Hi Simon," Pinkie Pie said, standing in front of the house.

"Pinkie Pie? What are you doing here?", Simon asked in surprise.

"I heard about what you did at the construction yard today," she answered,"causing a sandstorm and stuff. I wish I could have seen that!"

"Actually it was Rainbow Dash, who caused the storm,"Simon said,"I just tried to get rid of all the sand on me."

"Yes Yes I know, but I heard you went like KABOOM and made it rain sand," Pinkie Pie exclaimed with wild gestures," and then you flew away! You learned new magic, dint't you? heh? Heh? HEH?"

"More or less", Simon grumbled. He was not in a mood to explain things to Pinkie Pie.

"Oh...would you show me? This is so exciting." Pinkie jumped around Simon in excitement.

"Sorry Pinkie, but I'm not in a really good mood right now," Simon said tired,"maybe sometimes else."

She stopped jumping and looked at him askant."What's wrong Simon?"

"Nothing is wrong," Simon answered,"just not in the mood, that's all."

"Ah com'on, Simon," Pinkie Pie insisted,"you normally aren't such a grumble-fumble, like this. I prefer to see my friends smile!"

Simon sighted."Pinkie?"

"Yes?"

"Would you mind leaving me alone? I want to be by myself for a while."

Pinkie Pie shoke her head."Nope. If you feel down, there is just one way to feel better. You need to tell someone about your problem."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Then I'll stay until you tell me!"

"Tz...do whatever you want," Simon snapped angrily,"I got other things to do." Simon went by Pinkie Pie and entered the house of the cutie mark crusaders. After a short while he left the building again.

"You know what, Pinkie? I feel like taking a walk." He glanced at her, when she followed him."Alone".

"Don't mind me," she said with an evil smile," I'll just follow you everywhere until you tell me."

Simon just laughed."Try it." With that he jumped in the air and started flying. He flew through the treetops and flew a bit over the small forest. Then, when he was sure Pinkie couldn't see him anymore he landed on a tree and sat down on a big branch. He sighted and rested for a moment...just to get bumped by Pinkie Pie again, lurking through some leaves."Hi Simon!"

Simon yelped in surprise and flew off again, this time heading towards ponyville. He searched for a new hiding place, ignoring his headache. He landed on the mayor's building and sat down at some planks.

"Hey Simon", Pinkie Pie yelled, sitting almost next to him.

Simon dropped from the plank and flew away, cursing."How is she doing that? That's impossible! I'm much faster then her".

This time he flew near the entrance of the everfree forest and hid behind some trees. Heavily panting he sat down in the grass.

"Simon!", Pinkie yelled from above.

"Dammit. Beat it already!", Simon screamed and jumped up again. In haste Simon searched for a new hideout and saw a open barn in front of him. He flew inside and closed the door behind him. Then he sat down and leaned against the door and sighted deeply with closed eyes.

Heavily panting he murmured:"This time you won't get me, Pinkie".

"You better give up. She'll get you anyway", a voice said in front of him.

Simon's eyes snapped open in surprise. Before him stood Rainbow Dash. Next to her stood Applejack and Fluttershy. Simon just realized that he flew inside the barn on Applejacks farm.

"I know what I'm sayin'," Rainbow Dash continued,"she once chased me through whole equestria."

Simon was still speechless. Now he was in Applejacks barn with Applejack, Rainbow Dash und Fluttershy. It wasn't bright enough inside the barn to see clearly but Simon could figure out the expressions of the three ponys.

"Eh..hehehe...," he stummered,"don't mind me. I...I'll just leave again". He tried to get up but his head hurt like hell so he just dropped to the ground again, holding his head with one hand. He hissed in pain.

"Ya better not drop from the sky again," Applejack said,"there might be nopony to catch ya."

"Would be a shame, right?", Simon snapped at them. Simon tried again to stand up and leaned against the barn door...which suddenly opened and Simon fell to the ground again.

"Simon in here?", Pinkie Pie asked smiling."Oh. Here he is". She bowed down to him."I found you!"

Simon looked up at her angrily. This was enough. Simon could not remember, when he felt this way the last time. Then his frustration bursted out of him. "PINKIE PIE!", he shouted,"I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE, YOU DUMB MULE!"

He got up and went past Pinkie Pie inside the barn again. He didn't even turn around, when he heard a sniffing behind him.

"Simon, you are cruel," Pinkie Pie said with tears in her eyes,"I just wanted to help you..."

Simon ignored her and went past by Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, who looked at him angrily.

Fluttershy said angrily:"How dare you insulting Pinkie Pie like that?"

Simon silently walked at the other end of the barn and picked up his backpack, then turned around for the ponys.

"Oh my...", Fluttershy gasped.

"Don't worry. I'll be gone in a second and we'll probably never meet again, so everything will be fine," Simon said. He just felt angry about the whole situation. All his efforts to clear the situation senseless and confronted with more and more provocations he simply stopped caring about it anylonger. He didn't even notice, that his eyes were glowing with a green shimmer.

The ponys looked at him in shook; Pinkie Pie still sniffing.

"What you gonna do?", Rainbow Dash asked."Where you plan to go?"

"Beats me," Simon asked,"but wherever it will be there is no more need for you to plot against me. I'll find a way back home somehow."

"Plot?," Applejack asked,"Ah don't know what ya mean."

"Yeah right", Simon snapped back,"I overheard your chat before, using my magic."

"Then your magic must be broken'",Rainbow Dash said,"we didn't plot anything."

Simon stared at them angrily."Sorry Rainbow, but I trust my magic more than you! Bye!"

Simon tried to get out of the barn, but the ponys blocked the path. Simon grumbled."Let me go".

"Simon," Fluttershy said,"you got it all wrong."

"I don't care what you got to say", Simon grunted.

"Try to get past us, if you want to leave", Rainbow Dash said with a grim look.

Suddenly Simon started laughing, still not noticing the green glowing in his eyes."You know what? There is no need to get past you." He raised his arms."You cannot stop me!"

Simon angrily pointed at the ponys as his hands became blazing red torches. He focused on those who dared to block his path and thought about what he could do with them just right now, using his magic. It made him feel good and filled him with joy he never felt before.

Just when he was about to release his magic at the scared ponys in front of him, a picture came across his mind; in Fluttershy's garden, when he tried to rescue Fluttershy from the manticore. He hesitated using his powers to not hurt her. The green shimmer in his eyes vanished and he could clearly see the ones in front of him, and what he was about to do with them. Scared from his own evil thinking he stepped back in terror."No," he murmured to himself,"I...I really am a monster!". He looked at his glowing hands and then back to the ponys. His arms started to glow in purple."I wish... I were ...gone", he stummered, tears in his eyes.

The air in the barn started to swirl and Simon was engulfed in a purple light. The ponys looked at him in terror until it became all white around Simon and he heard a boom. Then it became all black.


When Applejack and the other ponys opened their eyes again, Simon was gone.

"Where is he?", Applejack asked confused.

"That must have been some kind of teleporting spell," Fluttershy said in low voice,"just like Twilight's spell, but much more noisy."

"Shoot," Rainbow Dash cursed,"where could he be? We need to find him somehow."


Meanwhile at the cutie mark crusaders house.

"Simon, are ya here?," Applebloom asked.

"Maybe he is hiding somewhere", Scootaloo said.

"Why would he?", Applebloom responded,"we wanted to meet here after all."

"Hey look!", Sweetie Bell shouted."There lies a note on the desk."

The three ponys looked at it in confusion."What is that about?", Scootaloo asked."Is he kidding us?"

"I have no idea", Sweetie Bell and Applebloom said simultanous.

_______________

/ Plan is canceled /
/ -Simon /
/_______________/


____________________________________________________________________________________________

The upcoming updates may be delayed, as I'm currently working on my second fanfiction as well (Serious Sam crossover. See other storys), including drawing (bad skillz but -MEH- it can only become better :) ). Chapter 8 is in progress and I'll try my best to finish and upload it in time for the next weekend.

I hope you like Simon's story sofar and wonder what will happen next. I'll definetly continue this until the very end (though it will take quite a while; hope you don't mind -g-).

Have fun reading. And don't forget to rate and comment on this story. Any ideas for improvements are welcome!