• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 3,226 Views, 71 Comments

Sthemata - Collision of matter and thoughts - marielity



The Highschooler Simon accidently starts a magical trip to equestria, discovering his untapped powers.

  • ...
15
 71
 3,226

Chapter 5 - The adaption

Chapter 5 - The adaption


When he woke up the next morning it started to rain. He quickly got up, put on his pullover and folded his hood over his head. The fire was already extinguished and smoking a bit.

Simon carefully went over the brigde, which was not only slippery by the rain but also shaking in the wind, but he passed over it without problems. He followed the route back from where he came from the day before. After hours of walking he finally found the path back to ponyville.

In the meantime the rain became a storm. Leafes and sticks flew around and it was raining really hard. Simon's clothes were totally drenched and he started shivering.

The town came in sight and Simon felt relieved. He searched for a place to hide from the storm. He was thinking about going to Twilight again. But on his way there someone shouted at him.

"Simon! Come in here!"

Simon stood in front of a white building with fancy decoration. He somehow knew whose house that was and wasn't surprised to see Rarity standing at the door, holding it open for him. He went inside and sighted."Wow...what a storm. Thank you for letting me in, Rarity."

She closed the door and smiled at him."You're welcome, darling. Come in and have a seat."

Simon was about to sit down in a chair, when he noticed the wet spots he left on the floor."I don't think I should sit somewhere. I'm totally drenched."

Rarity looked at him in surprise."It sure it's raining hard but why are you so wet?"

"Well...it was a long travel from the forest to here", he answered.

"The forest?" Rarity looked shocked."Wait minute. Don't tell me you were actually sleeping in the forest and went all the way to ponyville while it was raining?"

Simon nodded."Oh my, darling," she said theatrical,"why would you do that? But it doesn't matter. We'll have to get you dry or you might catch a cold."


She led him to the bathroom."Here...the bathtube is prepared. There are some towels and a bath robe. I hope it fits your size."

"Thank you Rarity." Simon investigated the bathroom. Like her house the bathroom was white and decorated. The secondary color was purple. Everything was sparkling, bright, clean and warm. It was difficult to not feel confortable.

"You can put down your clothes here." Rarity pointed at a basket near the door."I'll prepare some tea and will dry the clothes later. I'll be waiting downstairs." She left and closed the door.

Simon took off his wet clothes and put them into the basket. Now free from his clothes he was looking forward the bath to relax a little from his long trip. When he turned to the bathtube the door opened again.

"I almost forgot", Rarity said,"what kind of tea..."

Simon, caught in surprise, yelped and jumped to the bathtube and went inside as quick as possible. The tube was full of bubbles so Simon was almost completly hidden.

Rarity stood there shocked."Oh my...what have I seen?" She came closer to Simon."Now I know why you didn't want to undress in front of us."

Simon's head turned red."It...It's a private thing. Nothing to show around."

Rarity shoke her head."It's nothing to be embarassed about. I'm sure you'll get your cutie mark someday."

Simon looked at her in surprise; looked at his thights; then he burst into laughter. She just stared at him questioning making him laugh even harder."Did I say something wrong, darling?"

Simon dashed his tears away."No it's nothing. It's just that we don't have cutie marks."

"Oh", Rarity exclaimed,"I didn't knew. Then why does your kind cling to clothes so much?"

"We don't like to show ourselves to others without clothes", Simon answered. He had no intention to explain the real reasons to her or anyone else.

"Seems like you humans are even more clothes-driven then me". Rarity giggled a little."Speaking of. I made some clothes for you. I would like you to try them on when you are done, okay?"

"Sounds good. Thank you." Simon layed back and sighted relaxed."About the tea. I would like black tea."

"Will be done, darling", Rarity said and went downstairs again.

While relaxing in the bathtube, Simon had to think about Applejack and Rainbow Dash. It first went so well with them, but now they hated him. Applejack because Simon kissed her while she slept and thus felt betrayed, and Rainbow Dash because he neglected her.

"I have no choice, don't I?" he whispered to himself,"they are ponys after all. Befriending an animal is one thing, but this..." But he also couldn't forget the feeling of the kiss they shared with him. But it was all so wrong!

"What can I do so they forgive me?", he asked himself.

"Give them candy"

"Hm...not sure. Maybe..." Then Simon stopped and looked around in surprise. Then there was a big splash in front of him and he had to protect his eyes from the water.

"Candy is always good", said a voice in front of him. Blinded by some water Simon could only see a pink figure in front if him. Obviously Pinkie Pie.

"Pinkie, what are you doing here?," Simon exclaimed,"I'm having a bath."

"Yes I know, silly", she giggled,"why else would you be sitting in a bathtube?"

Simon facepalmed."That's not what I meant. Isn't it normal to take a bath alone?"

"But it's so much more fun to bath together". Pinkie Pie splashed around laughing."Come on Simon and relax. Don't be so stuck up. I'll even scrub your back, okay?"

Simon sighted."You really are energetic, aren't you? Why are you here?"

"Well..."Pinkie Pie began,"I was looking out of the window, when I saw you going to Rarity's and I thought 'hey that's Simon. I bet he'll get his new clothes' so I went to Rarity. On my way I met Twilight and Fluttershy. They are here too, waiting for you downstairs. Rarity told us you were having a bath so I went up and heard you talking to yourself about forgiving or something and then..."

"Okay okay I got it, I know the rest", Simon interrupted."So the others are here too?"

Pinkie Pie nodded. Then she grabbed a small towel."Shall I scrub your back?"

At first Simon wanted to decline, but then he just shrugged his shoulders and turned his back to Pinkie Pie.

While focused on scrubbing Simon's back Pinkie Pie wasn't chattering as much as before. She leaned forward and pushed against Simon's back with both her hooves and hummed a melody, while Simon enjoyed the massage.

"You got such a big back", Pinkie Pie said,"how do you keep it clean?"

Simon looked back at Pinkie Pie."I can stretch myself far enough to reach my back."

"Ohhh" Pinkie Pie wondered,"can you show me?"

She got off Simon so he could stretch his arms. Simon has always been more elastic then most others so it was no problem to place his hands on his back. But resting on the side of the bathtube caused Simon to slip and he fell on his back in the water. He came up coughing. Pinkie Pie laughed.

Simon laughed as well, then looked at Pinkie Pie more closely. Before he had only seen her with a puffy mane. Now being wet the mane was long and fell off her site into the water.

"You sure have a long mane, Pinkie,"he said."Never noticed before."

"yeah. But it can easily get in my way. An untamed, puffy mane is easier to handle", she answered.

"I like it", Simon added,"it looks beautiful this way."

"Really?" Pinkie Pie looked at herself."never thought about that. So you think I'm beautiful this way?"

"More beautiful would be better fitting", Simon nodded.

"Why am I saying this?", Simon thought."Do I have to get along this good with every pony?" But Simon was just honest. They all had a certain beauty and each one of them was so special in their own way.

Pinkie Pie giggled."Oh my thank you Simon. No one ever said that to me." Then she jumped out of the bathtube, grabbed a towel and dried herself up."I'll go down to the others. Hurry up, okay?" Then she left.

Simon's eyes followed her, then he smiled."Damn", he thought,"she is kinda cute. Energetic, but cute." Then he left the bathtube as well, dried himself up and put on his bathrobe. It fit perfectly. He left the bathroom and went down to the others.


They were already waiting for him, namely Twilight, Fluttershy and Pinky Pie. They stood in the hallway and raised their heads when Simon came down the stairs. Rarity was nowhere to see.

"Hi girls", Simon greeted.

"Hello Simon", they greeted back. Twilight said:"Seems like Rarity measured you correctly. The bath robe suits you."

Simon looked down at himself."It fits perfectly. Speaking of", Simon looked around,"where is Rarity?"

"She is preparing tea", Twilight answered,"she can't wait to see you in new clothes."

"I hope she doesn't forget the cookies!," Pinkie Pie exclaimed. Her Mane was wrapped in a towel, some pink, puffy hair standing out.

It didn't take long until Rarity came back, levitating a tablet with tea and, to Pinkie Pie's joy, cookies. She placed the tablet on a small table and turned to Simon.

"Are you ready to model a bit for us, Simon?", she asked. With a magical gesture she opened the curtains of her dressing section revealing a stage with a visual cover. The shades of clothing dummies behind it were visible.

"Of course!", Simon said and jumped on the stage and went behind the cover."Any hints what to try on first?"

"Just pick at random, but please show us all", she answered in excitement.

And so Simon tried on the clothes. The first he picked was a set of casual clothes, fitting for the sommer. Short, blue pants, a red T-Shirt, yellow sneakers and a purple cap. Except for the cap he liked it. The others weren't impressed at all.

The next he tried on looked like a typical white-collar set. Black, long pants fastened by a black belt, a white shirt and black shoes. A bit unusual for Simon but it felt confortable. He observed himself in the mirror and was pleased like the others (except Pinkie Pie, who made a disgusted face and mumbled something about "annyoing office-clerk").

Simon tried on many other clothes. Most of it was for leisure purpose, but each with it's own speciality. When he saw the last set of clothes he smiled broadly. Rarity was upmost excited."Oh...now comes the best one," she said in excitement.

When Simon finished dressing and came into view the pony's made all "Ohhhhh...wow!". Before them stood a well-dressed Simon. He wore black, fine shoes, black, fine pants, a white shirt with a green tie (fitting to his eyecolor), black, fine suit and even a black stovepipe hat. He also had a black walking stick with a silver globe on it.

"Oh Darling", exclaimed Rarity,"now you really look like a gentleman!"

"Those clothes are awesome", Simon said,"they all fit perfectly. Where did you get all these ideas from?"

Rarity reached behind her and took a fashion magazine out of a bag."To be honest it wasn't just my creativity", she answered."This magazine of yours gave me some hints of what your people like to wear."

Simon nodded."But I wonder. It's two days ago that you wanted to make clothes for me. How did you manage this?"

"Silly Simon. I made them myself of course", she smiled."I was just too excited to do something else so I fully concentrated on your clothes."

Simon opened his mouth wide and stared at Rarity perplexed. That was too much for Pinkie Pie. She dropped to the ground laughing at Simons expression. While she laughed and snorted Simon asked loudly:"How is that possible? Doesn't it take longer normally?"

"Well," Rarity said,"I use my magic to create costumes, so it's normal for me. Maybe it takes longer where you come from."
Simon scratched his head, thinking. That answer made sense. As far as he knew, magic didn't exist where he came from so it would take longer to make clothes.

In the meantime Pinkie Pie recovered from her laugh attack and stood up. Her mane was full puffy again.

"Speaking of." Simon turned to Twilight Sparkle."There is something I need to discuss with you by time concerning magic. Maybe you can help me with something."

"Magic?" Twilight looked at Simon in surprise, then smiled."But of course. Whatever it is it should be no problem." Then her grin faded."But this will have to wait. Today Princess Celestia called for me to come to Centalot for some magical studies I shall assist her with. It will take about 5 days before I come back so I have to make preparations."

"You are going to the princess?", Simon asked."When?"

"I'll depart tomorrow", Twilight answered.

"Hm", Simon hummed."Do you think Celestia would mind if I pay a visit to Centalot castle?"

"I don't think so, but I'll send a letter to her at once and ask", Twilight answered."Is there some reason why you want to go there?"

Simon answered:" I'm very curious about Centalot itself. If this is the seat of the princess it must be a wonderful place. I would also like to meet with princess Luna, if it is possible."

"Oh...okay", Twilight responded surprised,"I'll go and write the letter at once."

When they finished their tea time Twilight said goodbye and went back to her home. It was still raining hard, but she summoned a small forcefield around her, serving as an umbrella.

When Simon changed back into some leisure clothes, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were still there, waiting for the storm to pass by.

"Damn", Simon said,"It sure is raining hard."

"Yeah", Pinkie Pie said,"how annoying." She turned around to Simon."Any idea for a game to play?"

"Not really", Simon answered,"how about we help Rarity cleaning up?"

"Thank you Simon," Rarity said,"but thats not necessary. It'll be done in no time." Saying this she used her unicorn power to levitate the cups next to her and went into the kitchen.

Simon's eyes followed her."I wish I were able to do that, too."

"Do what?", Pinkie Pie asked.

"Using magic like her,"Simon answered,"it looks so easy on her."

"Is that what you wanted to ask Twilight about?", Fluttershy asked."Do you want to learn about magic?"

"Well...I found out that I can indeed use magic," Simon explained,"but I can't get full control it. I think it reacts according to my feelings and it drains a lot of power from me once it activates."

Pinkie Pie looked at him with big eyes."Wow. So when you are happy ballons pop up everywhere and the sun starts shining?"

"Haha," Simon laughed,"no I don't think so. But sofar I found three ways to use my magic. There sure are more ways and I think Twilight would be the best teacher for me."

"Don't make it so exciting". Pinkie Pie jumped around in excitement."What kind of magic can you use?"

Simon raised his right hand."Remember the day we met on Applejack's farm? My hand was injured. My first magical deed was to learn how to heal myself. It's all fine now again", he said looking at Fluttershy's concerned face.

"Then I learned how to summon fire; or at least a spark and some heat, but enough to start a small fire." Then he paused.
"And the third?," Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie asked simultanous.

Simon didn't answer. Instead he closed his eyes and concentrated and hummed silently. After a short while he stopped and opened his eyes again."Ah...sorry...I wanted to show it to you but it seems like it doesn't work right now. If I were successful I would have started flying."

"FLYING?," Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie shouted, "without wings?"

"That's amazing." Rarity came back into the entrance hall."So you can fly if you want to? I wish I could do that."

Simon scratched his head embarrassed."It's not as easy as it sounds. As you can see it didn't work right now."

"But I'm sure you'll learn," Rarity exclaimed,"Twilight knows alot about magic. I remember when she summoned some beautiful wings for me. I'll never forget the feeling of flying."

Pinkie Pie jumped around Simon."Come on,Simon,"she shouted excited," show us some of your magic please."

Simon wanted to answer, when he suddenly had an idea. He barely managed to hide a broad smile."Ok. There is another spell I learned. But to make it work you have to close your eyes, Pinkie."

She immediately stopped jumping."Okey dokey lokey". She stood in front of Simon and closed her eyes.

Simon reached out with his hand and placed it on Pinkie Pie's head. He started humming deeply an whispered, but instead of chanting words he was surpressing a laughter. Fortunetly Pinkie Pie couldn`t see him grinning. The other ponys watched confused.

Then he started massaging her neck and shoulders."You now feel a shudder all along your body,"he murmured,"and you feel light like a feather."

Pinkie Pie, still with closed eyes, opened her mouth a little and moaned a under Simon's touch."Oh...this feels great," she exclaimed.

"This spell will slowly make you feel dizzy and sleepy," he continued,"and soon you..." Then he stopped. His grip on Pinkie Pie was suddenly gone.

"Soon what?", Pinkie Pie asked, but Simons only answer was a laughter so she opened her eyes. He was lying on the ground, obviously pushed by fluttershy, who snuggled with him.

"Hey you,"he laughed at Fluttershy,"that tickles."

"Do you think I can wait until you are finished with Pinkie Pie?," Fluttershy asked at Simon."I want some too."

"Yeah," Pinkie Pie added,"I want some more too." Then she jumped at Simon and snuggled him too.

"Hahaha, Ahh. Please stop,"Simon cried,"mercy!" The ponys were only half his size but he was still amazed at how strong they are. He had no chance against them. His only way to get free was to give them both what they wanted. A throurought massage. As soon as his hands kneeded their necks, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie stopped the snuggling attacks on Simon.

Simon panted, exhausted from laughing."He...he...you are just crazy. Give me a break."

Rarity just shoke her head."What's so good about getting the hair all fizzy?"

Simon grinned."I would show you but as you can see im fully occupied".

"No need thank you darling", she answered."I brush my mane daily all myself."

She continued cleaning up while Simon petted Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie for several minutes. When they were satisfied they shoke themselves and snorted in delight."Thank you Simon, that was great", they said together.

Simon kneeded his hands."No Problem. I think I'll get used to it." He pointed at the window."Hey look. It finally stopped raining."

And indeed the storm was gone. The wind lowered and it was no longer raining. The sun sparkled through some clouds spending warm light.

They went outside to observe the change. Then Pinkie Pie said:"That was fun, but I have to get home. The babies of family cake sure are missing me. See you later." Then she was gone.

That reminded Simon of something."I nearly forgot. I have to find a place to sleep,"he said to himself, eyeing Rarity and Fluttershy.

"I'm sorry, darling", Rarity said,"I fear I have no adequate guestroom. But I can take care of your clothes."
Fluttershy shafed her hooves shyly."Well...theoreticly I have a room for you, but..."

Simon looked at her questioning.

"I'm taking care of some sick animals right now," she continued," and I'm not sure if it is good, when there are other people around."

"Oh okay,"Simon said,"I understand. And there is no way I could help?"

Fluttershy looked at him, and suddenly grinned."Well yes. Maybe you can help me with your magic."

"What do you mean?,"Simon asked.

"You can use healing magic, can't you?" Fluttershy stepped closer and stared into his eyes."You could use your magic to heal them, couldn't you?". "Please?", she added shyly.

"Ah...now I get it," Simon said,"but I never tried it on others. I'm not sure if it works, but I'll try."

"Thank you so much, Simon". Fluttershy leaped forward and hugged Simon tightly. Simon laughed and petted her head.