• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 3,247 Views, 71 Comments

Sthemata - Collision of matter and thoughts - marielity



The Highschooler Simon accidently starts a magical trip to equestria, discovering his untapped powers.

  • ...
15
 71
 3,247

Chapter 3 - The plot

Chapter 3 - The plot


"This day has been even worse then yesterday", Simon thought. He was in the barn again, laying on a pile of hay and was lost in his thoughts. He wanted to be alone; to have some time for himself to think about what to do next, and how to get back to his own world. He tried as fiercly as possible to remember something from his past, always looking at his books and items. Though he understood what those books told him, it did bring back no memorys.

It was getting dark again. The late evening turned to night, while Simon was thinking and becoming more and more desperate. He just wanted to find out but he was clueless.

It soon got brighter again. The moon has risen and illumed the world in grey light. Simon has stopped thinking since a while, wallowing in self-pity. When the barn door opened his head raised in an instant."Who's there?",he shouted.

"Calm down, sugarcube, it's just me", Applejack conforted him."Wanted to check if ya're okay."

"Thanks, but I would rather like to be alone again, like I said before." He tried to keep his voice calm, but he couldn't surpress a grim tone.

Applejack looked at him concerned."AH know I wasn't nice to ya this morning. Ah was in doubt about ya but the princess prooved us...or at least most of us...that ya're our friend." She looked down."Ah'm sorry".

Simon was moved by her honesty. He closed his eyes and said:"It's okay, Applejack. You were right to distrust me. I don't even know myself. I don't even know if I can trust myself." He laughed silently, then sighed looking at the ceiling.

She closed the barn door and went over to Simon."Does you hand still hurt?" she asked.

"It's almost nothing. I already put off the bandage and it looks fine", Simon answered. He pointed at Rarity's fabrics next to him.

Applejack looked at his hand. The biting marks were still visible and a part of his hand was bruised, showing blue markings."Well, doesn't look that good, don't ya think?"

"Ah...it's nothing. It will be gone soon. I'm used to it."

She raised an eyebrown."Ya're used to it?"

Simon just wanted to answer, when a picture came into his mind, showing several humans pointing at him. He concentrated on it but it vanished very fast. His hand wandered to his left eye, feeling a stinging pain for a second; pain of a forgotten wound. Then it was gone.

"Ya're alright?"

Simon winked and saw Applejack closely looking into his eyes."Ya dreamin'?"

"Yeah", he said, the picture forgotten,"and I'm seeing an angel in front of me." He smiled broadly.

Applejack looked at him in confusion, then she laughed."Haha..oh my. Ya know how to flatter a girl, don't ya?" She nudged his shoulder with her hoof, pushing him back on the pile of hay.

"Hey you" he said with a grin on his face and pushed at her. She merely moved, but her grin changed."Ya challenging me? Ya'll regret it!" Then she jumped on him.

They wrestled in the pile of hay. Though Simon was almost double her size, Applejack was strong and heavy. It didn't take her long to overwhelm him and push him down. Her Cowboyhat dropped on the floor while fighting. Simon panted heavily."I give, I give!"he muffled through the hay.

"Ya see?", she said triumphant, still holding him down,"Ah fought bigger ones before. Ah'm working on a ranch, ya remember?"

She didn't notice Simon's hand reaching for her head. Then he started massaging and petting Applejacks neck and shoulders, educing some shudders from her, her grip loosening on him."Hmm...this feels good". She got off Simon so he could continue giving her a massage.

"You are quite hard here", said Simon, pushing with his palm against her shoulders."I bet its from all the hard work on the fields." He pushed against her shoulders while his other hand kneaded over her neck, each push educing a moan from her."Yeah that's the spot", she said in relief,"ah".

He continued to massage her for a while, lost in thoughts. It was just like having a pet he thought, but this pet was inteligent and could tell what it thinks and feels. And it was a girl, but it didn't matter to him at the moment. Eventually Applejack layed on him, stroking his neck with her head, until they fell asleep embracing each other.


When Simon woke up the next morning, the sun was shining through the windows. A weight on his arm told him Applejack was still laying next to him, still sleeping, facing him with closed eyes.

He just layed there and watched her sleeping. She muttered as If she was talking in her dreams. Her orange-brown fur was shining in the morning sun, except some bright freckles near her closed eyes.

With his free hand he carefully stroke the side of her face. Seeing her peaceful face so closely he felt the urge to do something. His heart raced as he leaned forward and placed his lips on hers.

She was still sleeping but her lips moved under the soft touch of Simons lips. Without resistance Simon used his toungue to play with her lips, while his hand wandered down on her, ending at her strong flank, squezing it a little. She moaned a bit, opening her mouth a little. Simon's tongue met hers. He could feel her shudder along with his shaking body as they were kissing each other. She let out a small snort in pleasure.

Hearing the snort, Simon was startled. He suddenly realised what he was doing; or better with what he was doing it. At the same moment he wanted to pull back, Applejack woke up.

The moment she noticed Simons lips on hers she pulled back her head and looked at Simon with big Eyes. He, suddenly regretting, just said humbly:"Morning".

He wasn't surprised when Applejack's face became an angry grimace and she kicked him away from her, hitting his stomach and sending him to the ground. Holding his stomach Simon uttered:"Guess I deserved that. I'm sorry. You got all reason to be mad at me."

Angrily she snorted:"Yes, ah'm angry. But Ah also feel sorry for maself, that Ah trusted ya."

Simon just looked at the ground.

"When Ah come back later Ah want ya to be gone, or Ah'll kick ya out of here", she yelled at him. Then she went to the barn door."Ah thought you were a friend." Then she was gone, leaving behind a depressed Simon.

After a short while he got up."Man. This day surely starts good, doesn't it?" he said to himself."I'm such an idiot!". He went to the wagon with food, took some apples and left through the barndoor where Applejack was waiting for him. He glared at her.

"If Ah hear that ya tell anypony about what happened, Ah'll make sure ya regret it", she said in an angry tone."Now leave."

"Yes Ma'am", he said depressed,"I'm sorry". Then he left the ranch and went to the town of ponyville. When he looked back Applejack was gone.


The weather was great, but Simon still felt unconfortable about this morning. Lost in thoughts he didn't even notice that the other ponys that came by stared at him in astonishement. He didn't knew where he was wandering but some of the nearby buildings were familar to him for some reason.

As he wandered around and observed the town he finally got aware of the looks the ponys gave him. Some even opened their mouthes in surprise."Ah right", he thought,"they've never seen something like me. Only Twilight and the others know about me."

He faced a pair of ponys next to him."Excuse me", Simon said,"do you happen to know where I can find Twilight Sparkle?"

Simon feared the Ponys could get scared by his appearance, but instead they smiled relieved."Oh. She lives right over there", one of them answered and pointed to a big treehouse about 100 meters away."She lives in the Ponyville library."

"Thanks alot", Simon answered and went where the pony pointed. The other Ponys seemed to be more relaxed knowing that the strange creature seemed to be friendly and moved on as if nothing has happened.

When he reached the library he took a moment to look more closely at the building in front of him. The house was a tree...or was it vice versa? It looked like the big tree got a door, windows and even a small balcony. Through the windows he could see some bookshelves. Before ne knocked at the door he had to smile. It was big enough to let a pony walk in straight, but he would have to bow down to get in.

Simon knocked at the door. Nothing happened. He knocked again. Same result. "I wonder if I shall just enter?", he thought," I mean, if this is the library of ponyville maybe I can just go in."

He opened the door and crouched through the door. He was standing in a round lobby, bookshelves at all sides."Hello?", he called,"Someone here?" He looked around."Twilight? Spike?"

Then something hit his head very hard and he dropped to the floor. When he looked up he saw a book next to him and a ladder. On top of the ladder stood Spike, holding a pile of books.

"Ups", Spike said,"my fault". Simon didn't hear the sarcastic tone in the small dragons voice and picked up the book for him."Here you go", Simon said and handed over the book to him. Spike just took the book and grumbled something that could be a "thanks".

"You're welcome", Simon said."What are you doing up there?"

"I'm arranging Twilight's books", Spike answered,"don't dare to touch any of them."

"Wow cool down", Simon said,"I'm not here for reading anyway. Do you know where Twilight is?"

"Beats me". The dragon boy shrugged his shoulders.

Simon folded his arms impatently."Didn't she tell you where she went? She could be everywhere and I need to talk to her".

"Like I said I..."Spike began, then he was thinking."I just remembered. She went into the forest to zecora's hut. I'm sure you'll find her there."

"Can you show me the direction?", Simon asked.

"No problem. Just follow the route through the forest east from here."

"Sounds easy. Okay, I gonna search for her. Thanks Spike". Simon crouched trough the library door. When he was gone Spike smiled evily and started laughing dramaticly until the books in his hands slipped and he fell to the ground, scattered in books. Holding his head he got up fast and ran out of the library.


"Hm...doesn't look that inviting."

Simon was standing at the entrance of the evergreen forest. He followed the path Spike mentioned, but the forest didn't seem appealing to him. The trees near the path stood very close. Though there was bright daylight the forest itself seemed to be covered in darkness and Simon could see strange herbs and plants nearby in all different colors.

As he went inside he eventually noticed that the forest also had swamp areas. The air was more humid and mushrooms, moss and other wet plants were dominating the ground.

After a short while he came upon a fork. The route splitted in two ways. Before Simon could curse Spike for not telling him about forks, he noticed a small sign in the ground, reading "Zecora's" pointing to the right. Smiling Simon followed the path.

His smiling soon faded. He followed the path but it got smaller and was soon overgrown with plants until it was completely gone. So Simon went through the forest without a path leading him, always following the original direction.

After a short while he came across an old ravine, a small bridge with rotten planks leading over it. Untrusting Simon slowly set foot on it. The wood creaked but didn't break. Slowly he went over the small bridge avoiding some missing planks, until he was on the other side. There he sat down at a tree, panting.

While resting he looked around. The forest still was a bit creepy to him, but Simon also felt the peaceful tranquillity around him. The pure nature around him inspired him. Then his eyes met something strange.

Not far away from him was something on the ground."Apples?", he thought. And he was right. A couple of apples were scattered on grass and leaves. He ate his own apples on his travel so it was a fortune for him. He got up and went to the apples to pick them up.

As he reached for them he suddenly felt that the ground under him was soft and creaked, but before he could even react it became dark around him and he was falling. He saw a hole of light above him while falling; then it was dark around him.
He dreamed he was in a barn, laying on a pile of hay. Looking around he saw a figure standing next to him, wearing a cowboy head.

Simon called out for Applejack but no sound left his lips. Then the dark figure hit him at his stomach. Simon called out again, trying to calm her down, but no word came out. She continued hitting him. Simon started to cry and called out excusses and that he was sorry. Then he was hit hard at his head.

He woke up in an instant. He only saw a small light over him and wondered if he was still dreaming. Then he got hit at his head again.

"Ouch", Simon shouted, rising his hands,"what the...?"

"Bullzeye", someone shouted over him,"seems like he's awake now".

It took a while before Simon's eyes adjusted. Then he could see the two figures above him.

It was Rainbow Dash and Spike.

Relieved Simon tried to get up, but his leg didn't move."Ah...my leg",Simon whispered to himself, then shouted:"Thank goodness you are here. Can you...?" Simon stopped when he looked up again.

Both of them were holding an apple in their hand/hoof and smiled evily at Simon. Then Simon noticed some apples next to him. He knew what hit him so hard in his sleep.

"What the hell is going on here?", Simon shouted.

"You sound troubled, Scare-filly", Rainbow Dash snarled down at him."And you should feel troubled, because we've planned something special for you."

Simon couldn't believe his ears."You set this trap up for me? Why?" He grinned in pain, as he tried to move his leg again.
"Because I want answers", Rainbow Dash answered,"and if your answers are good then I might help you."

"What do you want to know?", Simon asked,"why in this way?" He tried to move his leg again, but he coudn't, "I think you broke my goddamn leg!"

Suddenly Spike's grin vanished."Oh. I knew this hole would be too deep, I warned you Rainbow", he whispered to Rainbow Dash, but she ignored him.

"I want to know who you are", Rainbow Dash shouted down.

"I'm Simon, Human-Simon, if you prefer" he answered sarcasticly,"may I go now?"

"Where are you from?", Rainbow Dash asked.

"I came from ponyville before I entered the forest and fell into your trap", Simon grunted through his teeth. His leg started to hurt.

Rainbow Dash flung an apple after Simon. He raised his hand in instinct and blocked it, rewarded with more pain, as he used his wounded hand."Ouch. You little bitch!" he shouted angrily.

She just took another apple."Where are you from?"

"From another world, I guess, and don't ask me which world or something like that. I don't know", Simon answered.

"Why are you here? And why do you know our names?"

"I! DON'T! KNOW!", Simon shouted up angrily,"I already told you all I knew!"

Rainbow Dash looked like she wanted to fling another apple after Simon, but then she just grinned."We got plenty of time. I'm sure you'll remember when you last some days in this hole." She took a bite from the apple and chewed, smiling at Simon.

"WH...WHAT?", Simon shouted startled,"get me out of here at once. You want me to die in here?"

Rainbow Dash turned away from the hole."As soon as you are willing to talk you are free to go". Then she went away. Spike looked down at Simon with a troubled face, then followed her.

"You can't leave me here!", Simon cried,"Come back! Please!" But they didn't.

Again Simon tried to stand up, holding on the earthern walls, but his attemps failed and he was scattered in some loose earth. He coughed and shove the dirt away. He tried to figure out how to get out of there, but the pain in his leg made it hard for him to focus. Not being able to move it, he didn't see any chance to get out of there and just layed back. His leg felt like it was burning. Simon took some dirt and put it on his leg to cool it down. It still hurt but the pain wasn't too intense anymore.

Simon could see the sky from the bottom of the hole. The sun was settling."This is going to be a cold night." He tried to get as confortable as possible in his clothes and rolled aside, thinking. But instead of thinking he soon felt asleep, exhausted from what happened today.

He dreamed he was flying. It was night in his dream, the fullmoon illuming the dark world below him. For some reason he had the feeling he knew this place. Then suddenly the world below him was set in fire, the heat hitting Simon in surprise. He lost control about his flight and dropped down, directly into the burning landscape.

When he woke up, his heart raced. He was sweating and for a second he thought he was still burning. But it was just his broken leg, burning like hell.

Simon had a deja vu. He knew he had this dream before but he couldn't remember when and where. The last thing he remembered was that his hands were engulfed in a red light in his dreams.

His hand looked normal he thought, examining them. Then he suddenly remembered something of his first night in Equestria, when he met the pony girls. His hands were glowing, when Twilight used her magic on him to save Fluttershy, but something happened to him and he somehow used his own magic to cancel her spell. No one could explain what happened, but it was obvious: Simon performed magic somehow.

He didn't knew how long he had slept. It was dark around him. The small part of sky he could see above him showed some sparkling stars. And it was cold.

Shivering, Simon tried to get up but like before his leg did not allow him to move. So he just layed there on the bottom of a deep pit and was wondering. He didn't remember anything of his former life, he was in a world full of talking ponys and he somehow used magic. This is just crazy."And now I'm lying in a pit, with a broken leg, tortured by a pegasus and a dragon, because I don't remember", he said to himself."What a joke."

But Simon only wondered about his magic. "It somehow has to work for me", he thought."Maybe it can get me out of here." He looked at his leg."But with a broken leg it's worth nothing."

He stretched out his arms at his leg."Heal", he whispered. But nothing happened. "Well...that would be to easy I guess", he whispered to himself.

Simon tried different things. He tried to focus on his leg and thought about how his other leg felt, healthy and strong, but nothing happened. He carefully touched his leg and whispered "heal" but still no result. He tried many combinations, but his leg was still broken. Anger rose up in him. "Damn you stupid leg", he grunted,"I said heal, you bastard."

He pointed angrily at his leg, but instead of feeling better it just got worse. Simon had the feeling as if his leg became hotter then before, new waves of pain flowing through him. Startled he drew back his hand and took some dirt to cool his leg down. He was done cooling down his leg when the red light was gone again.

Red light? He looked at his hands. Maybe it was just his imagination but a moment ago it seemed like his hand was glowing in red. "What was that?" he thought.

He pointed at his leg again, saying "Damn you stupid leg, I said heal, you bastard".

His leg didn't change at all. But his head did. He finally realized it.

"Feelings", he thought,"this magic shows up according to my feelings".

He looked at his leg again. Cooled by the dirt it didn't hurt so much. So Simon tried something different.

He closed his eyes and tried to relax. Breathing in deeply his pulse lowered a bit and he felt calm. He thought about the nature above him he enjoyed before. In a dream-like motion he circled his arms in the rythm of his breathing, thinking about the tranquility he felt before. He didn't notice the pain in his leg anymore. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at his stretched out arms.

A soft green light engulfed his hands. It was hard to concentrate on it so he focused on his leg again. As careful as possible he moved his arms to his leg, thought about coolness and his state of tranquility and then said:"heal".

He didn't notice anything but he stayed calm for a while. Holding his leg with his green lightening hands a rush of memorys ran through his mind. Too fast to keep something in mind he just recognized some pictures. Most of them were gone as fast as they came, but he also recognized scenes, which showed himself with different glowing hands.

After 5 minutes Simon removed his hands and the flow of memorys stopped, His hands looked like normal again. Though he couldn't remember anything of his memorys he had the feeling that there was something hidden, waiting to be revealed...eventually.

His leg still felt cold under the dirt. Simon removed the earth and moved his leg. It still hurt a bit but it moved and touching it didn't hurt so much anymore. He smiled to himself, then he fell asleep again, exhausted but with a grin on his face.