• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 3,247 Views, 71 Comments

Sthemata - Collision of matter and thoughts - marielity



The Highschooler Simon accidently starts a magical trip to equestria, discovering his untapped powers.

  • ...
15
 71
 3,247

Chapter 10 - The Flashback

Chapter 10 – The Flashback

The travel to Canterlot was rather uneventful. In the past two hours Simon went through his belongings and read some of the books he had with him. But to his dissappointment no new memory popped up. He then instead watched the landscape passing by.

In Ponyville he was able to see the shape of Canterlot, but he didn't thought it was that far away. He was now somewhere at half-way; both Ponyville and Canterlot were just small outlines in the landscape.

„I'm glad the princess send me a ticket for the travel“, Simon pondered. „Flying this distance would surely exhaust me to death.“ His eyes wandered over the edge of the nearby mountains. „I`d probably end up as smear on these rocks.“

The train was pretty much empty this day. The only ponies Simon met were the conductor, who asked for his ticket and then proceeded through the remaining cabins.

The second one was an old lady selling food and drinks. When she entered Simon's cabin and spotted him, she hesitated for a moment, obviously due to his unusual appearance, but got a hold on herself quickly. Simon still had a bunch of apples, but he got nothing to drink so he bought some soda for the rest of the trip.

It was late in the afternoon when the train finally arrived in Canterlot. With a loud screech the train came to an halt at the trainstation near the maingates, inside the city walls.

Simon quickly left the train, but stopped in amazement. He had imagined how Canterlot may have looked like, but it was more beautiful and majestic then he could ever imagine. Every building looked like a small castle or tower made of ivory. Several flags in different colors waved in the slight afternoon breeze and the streets were crowded with ponies of all kinds and colors.

The only thing that was even more impressive was the castle itself, which towered over the city like a gigantic guardian. Many towers flanked the castle complex and gave it a look of power and security.

Simon didn't even notice where he wandered until he was directly in front of the castle gates. Fortunetly the way was easy to find. Unfortunetly...

„Halt!“

Simon almost jumped in shock as a guard in front of the castle gate called out for him. There were two guards in total: a pegasus and a unicorn, both in golden armor and wielding spears. The unicorn adressed Simon.

„What's your business with the royal court, stranger?“, the guard asked with a harsh voice.

Simon cleared his throat before answering: „I have been invited by princess Celestia to assist her and Twilight Sparkle in their studies. I'm to meet them right away.“

The two guards exchanged looks. The pegasus shrugged his shoulders, then asked: „We know nothing about that. What proof do you have?“

At that Simon gulped. He didn't thought he might have to identify himself, being invited and the only human around. He took his only chance and showed them his train ticket.

„Here.“

The guards examined the ticket, then handed it back to Simon.

„That, stranger, is a train ticket.“

„Yes, I know,“ Simon answered, getting nervous, „The princess send it to me.“

The unicorn guard spoke up again: „I'm sorry but I must ask you to leave.“

„What the...?,“ Simon began, becoming angry and frustrated, „I travelled the whole way from Ponyville to here to meet the princess and her student and now you won't let me in?“

The guards only nodded.

„Can't you just ask...“, Simon began, while taking a step forward to emphasize his point but was stopped by a spear at his throat.

„Leave, or we'll have to arrest you for trespassing!“

Simon grunted in anger, but he knew he lost this battle. Before the guards could turn their threats into reality he backed off, glared and them angrily and went around the next corner.

And his frown turned into a smile.

„Stupid guards,“ Simon snarled to himself, „The maingate is not the only way inside.“ He looked up to the palace.

Simon channeled some power and his fists started to glow in a bright blue. He immediatly flew up to the next wall of the castle and scanned the area.

He noticed several guards, earth ponies and unicorns patroling on the walls or pegasi crusing around the castle complex. Each patrol was made of two ponies.

„Damn, this place is guarded like a prison, but I want to get in, not out,“ he whispered to himself. „There must be a hole in their patrol routine.“

After a short time of waiting, Simon's suspicions proved to be correct. He noticed a gap in the guarding routine of some pegasi, as two patrols moved together. They seemed to have an argument.

„And I tell you Bronzewing“, one of the guards said to the pegasus next to him, „Soarin is the fastest of the Wonderbolts.“

„You got your head in the clouds for too long, didn't you Cloudwatcher?“ the other guard responded. „You should have seen the last competition in Cloudsdale. Spitfire's flying skills are by all means the best in all of Equestria!“

„To be honest, I don't really care about their flying skills,“ a third guard said with a smile. „I just love those thight costumes.“

„Ah. I get it Skybreaker, „ the fourth guard snickered. „You just like to watch Soarin in his tight outfit, hm?“

„Fuck you, Firefly,“ Skybreaker answered. „I got my eyes on Spitfire all the time. She just has the greatest...“

Whatever greatest it was, Simon couldn't make it out as the patrols went around a corner. All he could hear was a joined laughter of the patrols.

And Simon felt like laughing as well. The gap the patrols left for him was enough to get past the first line of security and he flew up to the roof of the castle.

Hiding behind towers as good as possible he made his way over the palace grounds, always checking the windows for any sign of Celestia or Twilight.

„So far so good. They got to be somewhere. I hope I can find them before...“

„Stop right there, criminal scum!“, a loud voice shouted.

Simon didn't even care to turn around. „Oh sonova ...“ he cursed and flew off.

„Warning. Intruder alert!“

Simon quickly flew to the next towers, always throwing a short glance inside, but his two saviors where nowhere to be seen.

He took a moment to check for his followers. His eyes went wide as he saw a mob of dozens of pegasi chasing after him. Several unicorn- and earthponyguards followed him from the ceilings and walls of the castle complex.

In his desperation Simon flew up to one of the highest towers. To his relieve he noticed that it had a balcony and the doors were open. He flew as fast as he could inside the tower, the guards still following. When Simon was inside he quickly turned around, locked the heavy doors and leaned back against them.

He heard several loud shrieks when the guard ponies crashed into the door, which thankfully withstood the impact. Even when some of them started hammering on the door it didn't even bulge a bit.

Simon used this moment to calm down a little. As his eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness, he could make out some objects, but it was still too dark too see clearly.

„At least I`m in,“ Simon murmured to himself. „I have to get through the castle as fast as possible. But first I'll make some light.“

Just when he was about to raise his hand and channel some power, a bright light came on, blinding him for a moment.

„Oh how convinient...“, Simon began, but then noticed, that the light came from a horn...and that there was some kind of buzzing in the air. Like an electrical charge.

„Crap“.

Simon raised his arms in an attemp to protect himself, but it didn't stop him from getting a full hit of an electric charge. The impact pressed him against the doors until they came off, shattering to pieces. He was tossed back on the balcony in the middle of struggling guards.

To his surprise he survived the attack and even stayed conscious, but he felt drained and tired. Before he could recover he felt a hoof pressing down on his chest, pinning him down.

Slowly Simon raised his head to see...

„WHO ARETH YOU THAT YOU DAREST TO INFILTRATE OUR GROUNDS?!“.

Over him stood princess Luna, using her Canterlot voice to increase her volume, while rising her head in triumph her eyes glowing.

The shock from before turned to relievement, as Simon noticed who is conquerer was. „The last time we met you were louder, but damn, my poor ears“, he winced.

„SILENCE, YOU...!“, Luna trailed off. She finally focused her eyes on the stranger below her. „Simon?“

He raised his arm. „Hi.“

His movement froze instantly as dozens of spears were pointed at him very closely.

„Don't dare to do harm to our princess“, a guard called out.

„That's enough“, Luna said with a raised voice. „I can handle this on my own. Return to your posts.“

The guards looked at her in confusion. „Princess, are you sure...?“, a guard started but was cut off by Lunas glare.

„That was an order“, she stated with a look that could kill.

„Yes, Pr-Princess!“. The spears left Simons vision and the guards quickly returned to their posts.

„Wow“, Simon said with a shiver. „Never thought you could be this scary. I totally got gooseskin.“
Luna removed her hoof from Simon's chest and he slowly got up.

The princess pondered a moment before adressing him, now in her normal voice again: „As much as I'd like to see how your kin grows feathers from fear, I rather think you have to exlain something else first.“ She motioned with a hoof to her room. „Please come in“.

Simon went in, but stopped, when he came past the now empty doorframes. „I'm sorry about this; let me try to fix it.“

Simon was about to pick up some parts from the door when suddenly Luna's magic envelopped all pieces and set them together in an instant. The doors were repaired.

And it was dark again.

„Ah...never mind that. Some light would be cool, but this time without shocking, please!“

He could hear the princess giggle close to him in the darkness. „Why, are you afraid of the dark?“

Simon smiled. „It's only dark if I want it to be.“

His fist began to glow and suddenly burst into flames like a torch, bathing the room in a warm light and reavealing a surprised princess next to him.

„You posess magical powers?“, she gasped. „How is that possible? Only unicorns and alicorns can perform magic like this.“

„I can somehow use my feelings to control magic“, Simon explained. „Actually I found this out by accident, when I was in trouble and desperated. Since then I found many other spells, based on what I felt at that moment. It's quite versatile if you ask me.“

„Well...“, Luna started, while using her own magic to lit the lights of the room. „You can add this topic to the reason of your coming. Please have a seat.“



„And then they told me to leave, because I couldn`t proof I was summoned by Celsestia herself“, Simon continued. „Well...thinking back I guess I wouldn`t trust a hairless monkey with a train ticket as well. But seriously...a letter from the princess would have been quite useful.“

Princess Luna giggled warmly, gently holding a hoof in front of her mouth. „This sounds pretty much like my dear sister: Kind and warm-hearted, but not organized at all. No wonder she holds so much respect for her student Ms. Sparkle.“ She leaned forward with a cheerful smile. „And what happened next?“

Simon had told her everything that has happened to him in the last days. From his first encounters with the ponies he met, the experiments with his magic and what he learned about equestrian society. He carefully avoided the outbursts he had that nearly destroyed the bonds he formed with the ponies valued so much.

„The rest is quite obvious,“ Simon stated. „I tried to sneak in, was chased by a million of angry guards and finally pinned down by a goodness, which posed in victory.“

„I just couldn`t resist,“ Luna said with a blush. „ I guess I looked like a fool.“

„No, you didn't, princess,“ Simon said with a shoke of his head. „You looked smashing.“

He reached for one of her hooves and held it firmly in his hands while looking deeply into her eyes.

„Luna,“ Simon whispered, „There was another reason I wanted to come to Canterlot. I wanted to thank you for what you did to me when I arrived here in Equestria. It meant a lot to me. Thank you.“

He gently placed a kiss on her hoof. Luna carefully removed her hoof and averted her gaze with a shameful look on her face. „Really, Simon. That's not necessary.“

„As I said, it meant a lot to me,“ Simon insisted with a smile. „If there is anything you want me to do, just ask. Your wish shall be my command.“

„Hm...“ Luna raised her hoof to her chin as if she was pondering about something.

„There certainly is something you can do for me.“ Her smile disappeared and she looked at Simon with determination in her eyes. „Well then. My first command will be...“she paused in thoughts.

„Yes, milady?“, Simon inquired.

„...to report to my sister and her student Twilight Sparkle“, she finished with a stern look.

„Is that all?“ Simon deadpanned, but her gaze made him shift unconfortably. „I mean, yes princess!“

„Good, and about your offer“. Luna pondered, a dreamy look on her face. „I'll come up with something soon enough. Be prepared!“ She was grinning by now, but Simon couldn't make out any of this.

„OK?“. Simon gulped nervously.

„Then begone now“, Luna commanded. „Make haste. I'll summon you very soon.“

Simon got up and quickly went to the great doors of the royal chambers. He turned around again to see the princess still looking at him with a big grin. He quickly opened the doors, left and closed them with a loud rumble.

On the other side of the doors he leaned back against them and swept away the sweat on his forehead and took a moment to gather himself before checking his surroundings.

First thing he noticed were the guards flanking him. Those guards looked different from the guards he saw before though. Instead of white fur and golden armor their fur was black and they were equipped in dark violet armor. Both guards were pegasi, but instead of white, feathered wings theirs were black and looked like they were made of leather, like a bat. But what Simon interested the most were their eyes, which seemed to glow a bit and had cat-like irises.

Simon's sudden appearance seemed to startle them for a moment, but they quickly regained their posture.

„You must be in good terms with the princess of the night, if you manage to leave her private chambers alive,“ one of the guards spoke up, a mare with the same stoic expression like all the other guards.

„It seems so“, Simon answered. „But to be honest...she can be kind of scary.“

The guard looked around nervously before answering. „Yes. Definetly.“

„By the way.“ Simon kneeled down to eye level with the guard. „You look different then those other guards I have seen before, but really cool if you ask me.“ He leaned closer to the guard mare, causing her to back away a bit. „I really like your eyes“.

„Th...thanks“. Then she gasped, quickly remembering her duty as a guard and got back into her guarding position, but now blushing.

Simon nervously scratched the back of his head before asking: „Can you tell me where I can find princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle?“

„Princess Celestia should be in the throne room by now“, the guard answered. „The court will be closed soon so you should have no trouble meeting her. Unfortunetly I have no information about Ms. Sparkles whereabouts.“

„Hum...the throne room it is then“. Simon got up and turned for the nearby corridors but quickly realized that he had no idea were to go.

Simon just shrugged. „Where is the throne room?“

In response the guard raised a hoof to her mouth and whistled loudly (Simon wondered how that is even possible; he put that on his lists of things he would ask when there is enough time). A few seconds after the signal another nightguard appeared.

„Dusk Ward“, the guard mare called for the newcomer. „I'll lead this guest to the throne room. Please take over my shift. It should end in a few minutes anyway.“

„Of course, Ms. Nightingale“, the guard said with a firm salute.

The guard called nightingale turned to Simon. „Please follow me, Mr....?“

„Simon. Just Simon.“

„Okay, Mr. Just Simon. Have you...?“ Nightingale began but was interrupted by a chuckling Simon.

„No no. Just call me Simon, Nightingale. No need to be formal.“

„OK. Simon“, Nightingale corrected herself with a smile, relaxing a bit. She lead him down the corridors. „Have you ever been in Canterlot before?“

„No, this is my first time here...and maybe the last“, Simon added.

Nightingale raised an eyebrown: „Why? Don`t you like Canterlot?“

„Oh but yes,“ Simon answered, „but actually I hope to find my way back home with the help of the princess.“

„Ah...so the rumors are true then“, Nightingale whispered. „The guards have been talking a lot about a strange and dangerous creature that appeared in Equestria from another world.“

„I`ll accept the strange, but dangerous?“, Simon wondered.

Nightingale shrugged. „The guards talk a lot when they are on duty,“ she said annoyed. „And after the ruckus you caused today the gossip factory will be working overtime.“

Simon stopped in his treck, surprised. „How do you know about that already?“

She just smirked at him. „We nightguards not only have cool eyes but also better ears.“

„Ah“, Simon exhaled and continued his treck. When he was in front of her he whispered silently so she couldn`t hear him: „And bigger plots.“

He carefully turned his head and risked a look, but to his surprise he was alone. „Nightingale?“, Simon called. He looked around in the hallways but she was nowhere to be found.

„Damn“, Simon cursed, „was just testing her ears and now she is WOoaahHH!“

Turning around to his original path he faced a grim looking Nightingale, who hoovered right in front of him.

Simon needed a moment to gather himself: „Wow. Better eyes, better ears and even better wings,“ Simon said with a nervous smile.

She was still looking angry. An eye twitched in anger.

„...and better plots“, Simon added sheepishly.

„Much better“, Nightingale said with a triumphant smile and landed in front of him. „And now please focus on our way instead of my hindquarters.“

Simon nodded in agreement and walked next to her.

After a few more minutes of walking they finally arrived at the last hallway, which ended in two giant golden doors. The unusal duo stopped at a crossing.

Nightingale pointed at the golden portal. „When you walk through these doors, you'll be in the royal court, where princess Celestia is currently at“, she explained, then took a turn for another hallway.
„I wish you good luck with your request, Simon.“

„Thank you very much, Nightingale,“ Simon responded. „It was nice to meet a guard, who not tried to arrest me on the spot.“

„I can still arrange that; for insulting a guardmares rump,“ she deadpanned.

„Hey, come on. I wasn't serious about that.“

„Yes, I know“, she said with a smirk. „Good bye, Simon.“

She turned towards her path again and went down the corridor, swinging her behind in a playful manner and giggling back at him until she was out of sight.

Simon couldn't help but laugh at the display and shoke his head. „And they have a better sense of humor.“

He quickly focused on the matter at hand again and made his way down the corridor. Finally he would meet the princess again and get to know, wether she could send him back or not.

Simons hands rested on the doorknobs, ready to pull the doors open, but he was hesitating, lost in thoughts. What was he expecting for an answer? How would he react? Does he even want to go back? Does he want to leave his new found friends? He didn't even know, if he had friends back where he came from.

Suddenly his sourroundings seemed to vanish as new pictures came into his mind.

He saw himself, many years younger, holding the doorknob of a door. He felt nervous, but also happy. It was his first day at school and he was about to enter his classroom.

He opened the door. It was a ordinary classroom with a big chalkboard behind the teachers desk. In front of it (to Simons left) were the students desks, already sitting at their places. The other pupils looked at the new arrival, most of them seemed to share his feelings and quickly glanced away nervously.

The teacher wasn't in the room yet so little Simon looked around for a free table, but he couldn't find one, until he saw a boy waving for him, motioning to a free desk next to him. Simon happily went over and sat down next to him.

„Hi“, Simon greeted, „My name is Simon.“

„Hello Simon, „ the boy greeted back, „I`m Andrew. And this is my sister Lisa.“ He pointed at the girl next to him, who nervously muttered a quite 'hello' in response.

„Wow. So you are brother and sister; and even in same class“, Simon exclaimed. „You must be very happy to be in same class. I'm totally nervous right now.“

„Ah, we are fine, but I guess we would be nervous too, right Lisa?“, Andrew asked his sister.

„I dunno“, she mumbled. She seemed to be a lot more nervous then her brother, casually glancing at Simon.

Suddenly the door to the classroom opened. A friendly looking beautiful woman entered the room. She was wearing a nice flower dress fitting for the warm summerday.

„Hello class“, said out loud, putting her bag on the teachers desk. „Welcome in class and I hope you 'll all have a nice first schoolday.“ She took a piece of chalk from the teachers desk and went to the chalkboard. „My name is Miss Pineapple and I'll be your teacher.“ She wrote down her name so all could read it. „Good morning class.“

All pupils, including Simon answered loudly:“ Good morning Miss Pineapple!“

She grinned at the enthusiasm she was greeted with and took out a small book from her bag.

„Okay. I got a list here with your names on it. When I call your name please stand up and answer with 'here, Miss Pineapple', understood? Okay let's get started.“ She looked at her list, then up to the class again. „Simon?“

Simon stood up. „Here Mis Pineapple.“

He was about to sit down, when Miss Pineapple called out for him again. „Simon?“

„Yes, I`m here, Miss Pineapple!“

„Simon?“

Simon was puzzled by the teachers strange behavoir. Did she ignore him on purpose? When he was about to reply again, he noticed that Miss Pineapple had...changed. He blinked in confusion to make sure he saw correct, but it only got worse as the whole room seemed to change into...

„Simon? Are you alright?“

The schoolroom had changed into a long throne room with guards flanking the red carpet leading to the front of the throne, where princess Celestia was sitting right now, staring at him in bewilderment.

Simon was lost for a moment. „Pr-Princess“. He loocked around the large hall and finally back to the great doors he had obviously passed mere moments ago. „Ehm...Hi.“

The princess stood up and slowly walked to where Simon was standing right now. She looked concerned. „Are you alright? You seemed to be so...absent. You didn`t respond at all.“

„Oh.“ Simon exhaled. „I`m sorry. I was just lost in thoughts.“

Celestia still seemed concerned but didn`t press on the matter. Instead her frown turned into a gentle smile. „Well then Simon. Welcome to Canterlot. We are glad you could make it. We have been discussing about you the last few days.“ She turned for the throne and motioned Simon to follow her.

As he moved towards the throne Simon noticed another familiar figure in the room. Twilight Sparkle was sitting next to the seat Princess Celestia occupied a moment ago. When he saw her she smiled and waved for him. „Hello Simon. Glad to see you again.“

„Hello Twilight“, Simon responded and waved at her in greeting.

„You are right on time Simon,“ princess Celestia continued. “Day court is officially closing this very minute so we can get a bit more privacy for what we have to discuss.“ She went to a door at the right end of the throne. „Please follow me.“

Simon followed and Twilight joined them.

They went through a short hallway with several stained-glass windows, showing many different pictures of ponies and other beings. They seemed to represent certain times of equestrian history. When they passed one of the last glasses of the hall Simon noticed 6 certain ponies in the glass picture.

„Ah. That one should be the purification of princess Luna from Nightmare Moon“, Simon pondered.

The next picture showed the 6 elements again, this time turning a strange creature to stone. It looked more like someone accidently mixed several parts of animals together to form a dragon-like being. Two different looking antlers throned on his head while a single, sharp tooth was visible at his opened mouth.

„Strange. Never seen this before. I'll ask Twilight later about it“, Simon thought.

They finally reached the end of the hall and entered through a golden door into something that looked like...

„Welcome to my private chambers, Simon“, Celestia finished his line of thoughts.

It was a welcoming sight and worth a sungoddes private refuge. Several red-golden carpets covered the tile floor. Some banners showing the same symbol as her cutie mark were mounted on the wall. In the fireplace burned a fire that added a calm atmosphere to this peaceful place and lit the seat cushions in its warm light.

Simon instantly dropped into the cushions. „Wow. Now that's what I call confy!“

Celestia and Twilight shared an amused smiled. „I'm glad you like it, Simon“, Celestia said. They both sat down next to Simon and sighted in relief.

„That was an exhausting day“, Celestia exclaimed, „there were more requests today at the day court then usual. I hope you paid good attention Twilight.“

„Of course I did“, Twilight answered. She levitated some papers out of her saddlebag. „I even took notes and made a list of all requests stated today.“

Celestia looked at Twilight with a serious expression. „Splendid. Then you can lead day court within next week, while I make my travel to Manehatten. I`m sure you'll do great.“

Twilights mouth hit the floor. „Wha...What?! I mean. Do you mean that? I...I don't think I can...“

She stopped when both Celestia and Simon started laughing. „Oh you got me“, Twilight grunted and rolled her eyes.

Simon's and Celestia's laughter eventually ceased and Celestia faced Simon. „Simon. I'm sure you have questions now that you are here.“ She paused for a moment and Simon nodded in approval.

„Have you found a way to send me back?“

To his horror the smile on the princess' face faltered.

„No,“ she answered. „Our researches went unsuccessful.“

Simon was silent. His laughing face turned into a grim frown. He just looked down and balled his fists. He had feared this might happen but still...being confronted with the truth was harder then he imagined. What was he gonna do now?

He fought back the tears that started to build up in the corner of his eyes and tried to collect himself.

Celestia noticed his struggle and added with a comforting smile: „Don't worry Simon. There is still a good chance that we'll find a solution. You'll see.“

Not the most comforting thing but it helped at least a tiny bit.

„But there are also good news!“, Twilight suddenly exclaimed. „We found out, that your kind of magical powers are unique. There has never been something like that before. At least according to our library. I can't wait to study it and learn more about this mysterious magic.“

Simon raised his head again and fixed Twilight with an angry stare. „Is that all you can think of? I want to get home, not to play guniea pig for your researches.“

„It mind sound unsettling for you Simon,“ Celestia said, „but learning from your strange powers might actually help us finding a way to send you back home.“

Simon harrumphed. „Yeah right. I'm pretty sure that's your main goal at all. Who would skip a chance to learn some new kind of magic?“

„Please Simon, be reasonable,“ Twilight, „We cannot miss a chance like this. Think of all the good that your powers might bring.“

He gritted his teeth. „Good? These powers?!“ His fists suddenly burst into flames and he stood up. „How can these powers be of any good? These powers cannot protect anything! I almost...lost myself. I won't let this happen again!“

„Calm down Simon,“ Celestia urged him, also standing up, „listen to reason! We can both benefit from this situation.“

Simons fists stopped glowing. „I gonna have a walk. Thanks for your patronage.“ He turned and left through the golden doors.

Twilight was about to follow him, but was stopped by Celestia. „Let him. He'll calm down eventually.“



It was already night in Canterlot. The streets were almost empty. Some ponies were on their way home or to the next tavern but most were already in bed and sleeping.

Simon on the other hand was all but sleepy. After getting lost in the castle for a while he finally catched some fresh air as he entered the palace gardens. He noticed a nearby hedge maze and several statues but he didn't care about all of it. He spotted a nearby bench and sat down, right next to a statue of a pony that had a front leg on it's back leg knee and supported its head with a hoof, like it was pondering.

He felt so helpless. Simon hoped that he could finally make his way back home, but it didn't work out. And Celestia's tip to wait didn't help at all. What if they needed years to find a solution? Will there be any at all?

He stared at the pony statue next to him. „Hey buddy. You look like you are thinking a lot. Got any idea for me?“

To his surprise a voice spoke up: „I'm not thinking. I'm bored, Idiot!“

Simon almost jumped in shock. He stared in disbelieve as he suddenly heard a shackling laughter.

„Ha Ha Ha. You...you should have seen yourself. Priceless! But seriously. After so many years Think-Head here really is bored.“

Simon looked around in confusion. „Who's there? Show yourself!“

„I'm right here“, the voice answered. „Look to your left.“

He turned left and saw another statue. A pony posing in victory.

„No...more to the left“, the voice echoed in his head.

The next statue was that of a pony with a big belly, sourrounded by drunkyards, obviously sleeping.

„He's doing the right thing! Sleeping when he is bored. To bad he'll never wake up. Now. More to the left.“

Then Simon saw it. Another statue but unlike anything else in this staute garden. It had the form of a creature with several animal parts and he felt like he had seen it somewhere before.

„Ah. I've seen you!“, Simon gasped. „You are from the glass window! Who are you?“

„Why don't you come closer and see for yourself?“

Simon got up and walked over to the statue. It was almost twice his seize. It looked like it was trying to hold off an attack with its paws and looked desperate. A bronze tablet was added just below the statue:

Discord. Lord of Chaos.

„You are the lord of Chaos?“, Simon asked in disbelieve. „How did you become a statue?“

The voice just giggled at him. „What happened to me is of no importance right now. But what about you?“

Simon got nervous. The voice sounded as if it could see right inside of him. „What do you mean?“

The voice sounded like it was smiling. „You have met with a terrible fate, haven't you?“

Author's Note:

Hey guys. It's been a while.

The chapter got longer then I expected. Could be because it took me almost a year to finish it -.-

I suddenly got a problem with writing. Dunno why but whenever I try to continue my story and have some ideas, I start writing but loose interest after even a few words. I hope that I can get over that.

Anyway. I hope there a re still some people who are interested in this story. As I promised I'll finish this story...eventually. So if you are patient, be my guest and wait for my next updates.

Speaking of. Next update will be another Serious Sam chapter. Hopefully I'll get that down much faster.

Have fun and a happy new year!

Comments ( 6 )

awesome chapter:pinkiehappy:

Awesome! :pinkiehappy: finally a new chapter from this story i almost forgotten it! :fluttershysad:

The voice sounded like it was smiling. „You have met with a terrible fate, haven't you?“

have you been playing majora's mask recently?

3709292
let's say I got some inspiration in this chapter from several games :ajsmug:

Before I read this, dude, you might want to check your description. I saw a couple of errors in there and it might turn off new readers.

Just sayin'. :twilightblush:

3724790
They didn't leave. They were always near the hole at least until Spike had to leave and complained about the whole scenario. And RD returned immediately.

I like we're this is going can't wait to read the next chappter

Login or register to comment