• Published 25th Oct 2015
  • 1,120 Views, 14 Comments

Boy and His Box: The Lucky Block - Jake Witt



I'm going to change my name, go on adventures, eat porkchops, find love, all while in a pony world with my very own pony! Don't judge us by our boxed legs or well-kept hair, I punched a Creeper once and lived! ...or respawned.

  • ...
23
 14
 1,120

Chapter 1 Part 2

*click click clack click taptaptap clack*

Oh yeah, I forgot to create social media for ponies, I thought, sitting on my couch with only the laptop providing light. I've been poor, rich, adventurer, defender, offender, royal guard, shopkeeper, millionaire, billionaire, sane, weird, a romantic, a writer, almost every Celestia-given title except anything relationship related, inventor, revolutionary, failed revolutionary... And I forgot to create social media. Online gaming, sure... never mind.

I placed my laptop aside, closing it. My eyes instantly adjust from years of relentless training and I see that mess of a room. Yep, the insane and lazy artist at his finest, I thought to myself, before realizing that I was stuck in the couch... again. I summoned my wings as I pushed off and onto my hooves.

Staring at a wall in the kitchen, I began to rethink my design. Who puts a couch in a living room? Looking around the room, Or is this my hall of conspiracy? No halls, but the word 'hall' is redundant in my use.

I made my way to my room/gym stopping short of a mirror within. I dispersed my ruffled wings, my sharp horn growing out of my long, stringy red and orange mane. I blew some mane out of my blue eyes with their tired bags underneath, I showed my teeth... a yellow stain from that week. My white coat was uncut, matted in places, and had colorful stains here and there if not everywhere. I didn't look fat nor malnourished... but nopony could tell by just looking at me.

Mine Little Pony bodies look average despite a few details.

I skipped over to my bathroom, grabbing my shears and getting a block of dirty fur and... Red wool? huh. Opening the fridge that stood in my bathtub, I grab a blocky stone ax and shook it. Above, a water bucket fell on my head.

I laughed as I shook the freezing water off me, "I nominate the four princesses or some crap- 24 hours! ...eh, it's cold and old."

There was a chuckle from behind but before I could turn my head; I heard the voice. OK, that part about "insane" has been more than an act since Luna's return. Every time I see her face the hallucinations appear and with them the boy; he emerges from the ground with a smile wider than a mile and claws trying to drag me down to hell. Everyone can't see the danger I see... from the boy and his box chains attached to his neck and limbs.

I can't sleep without seeing him. I risk my hide every day, buying groceries so that he doesn't emerge from the corners of my food and hoping I return home in time to avoid him twilight wrath.

He is here. He is laughing. He is speaking the last words I hear.

"Ice bucket challenge? Really?"

He's toying with me... I guess I'm ready for actual death...

"Hey, is he okay?" he asked.

"We're not so sure. He would only speak with Tia." the Nightmare replied.

Great. I'm not going to Tartarus nor hell, I'm going to the shadow realm.

"That's why I told you two to stand back!" Celestia scolded. "Does everybody act like foals when they return from banishment?"

He gave his response, "Try being in a dungeon on the moon for a thousand, more or less, years and get back to us."

The Nightmare added, "Did you really send him to the dungeon for murder? We're there no trials after my leaving?"

"There were."

All voices behind me stopped once I finally spoke. When I slowly turned around, in my view; a human boy with block legs leaned on my sink next to Princess Luna, behind them Princess Celestia groaned.

"I was there, trying to defend a cold case when I went into law. After three judges bit the dust, I gave up. The boy is forever gone and he left me." I fell to my knees, "Just end me, already."

They shared side glances before Luna stated, "We- I think he... uh... 'has lost it.'"


We stood there, shocked and confused. I looked over to the princesses, Celestia motioning me not to move while Luna kept a sad expression.

"No... You lost."

A pokeball was tossed towards my head, dropping out of a red magic glow as I ducked. It curved towards Celestia, who caught the orb. It opened up to reveal a phoenix within materialize and take flight.

Box got in a battle stance as a sword blinked into his magical grasp. It had a gold hilt and a blaze rod handle, the blade was iron that was set ablaze without melting or turning red from heat. The crazed unicorn reared up on his hind hooves as he screamed, "You better believe this is a real blaze sword!"

I watched in awe as wings materialized at his sides and his mane seemed to flow in a nonexistent wind.

"Oh my god, he's an alicorn," I stated bluntly.

Celestia pushed me aside, wings flared, "Stop this madness!" She looked back at us, "Lego, Luna, get out of here!"

I hopped onto the sink, holding on to a filing cabinet he glued to the ceiling, "You go, this bathroom isn't big enough for the four- Are we seriously fighting in here? There's hardly any room for the bird to be flying!"

As if given an unspoken command, I was facing off against [P. Wright]... I get the reference! He dashed towards me, flames on his talons.

I fell back onto Celestia, breaking her focus on whatever spell she was casting; Luna walked out as soon as her sister disappeared, watching from the hallway.

Before I could focus an item to my hand, Box swung his sword. [Blaze Sword. Knockback II, Blaze II, Sharpness III, Looting II]

Looting?!

He grabbed his dropped ax, replacing it with my diamond sword to dual wield. I didn't look harmed besides a split in my shirt, but my minecraftian vision saw my serious lack of hearts and I felt the burning cut as I was flung out of the room.

I quickly ate a golden apple, summoning diamond armor, and shovel- I'm so screwed. Who uses a shovel as a weapon?!

I countered another attack from P. Wright, his visible HP low from the impact with the shovel head. I heard an enraged scream as Box flew towards me with both weapons drawn... stopped by the door. A diamond blade went through the door receiving a reply from Luna, "My apologies! I'll knock next time!"

The other blade went through, turning the wooden door to ash.

"I'm not going in there," I replied, searching my inventory for a potion of any kind; seeing as surviving that one attack was lucky. The little me in my inventory shrugged, grabbing a hat and coat as he dashed away. "Luna, help!"

"I would... but only you can end his nightmare."

"That's zen dream god for 'not my fight', isn't it?" I asked, my shovel's neck sliced in half by the blaze sword; leaving nothing but ash and a diamond.

"Indeed. My apologies."

Just as he swung his diamond sword, I tossed the first thing I could find inside me.

[Box wants to battle! Go, Bulbie!]

[Box summoned P. Wright.]

[What will you do? Run. It didn't work.]

[Box used growl. Lego Craft is now a normal-water type.]

[Fight! (-Vine Whip -Razor Leaf -Beg -Memory Reboot Spell)]

[Box is paralyzed!]

I didn't feel any burning. Armor or not; blaze burns! I lowered my arm from my face when I heard the two weapons drop.

In front of me was a tiny Bulbasaur, [Bulbie], with a tiny pink bow on its head that went well with her pink eyes and bulb highlights. She stared up at Box, who stared back at her with visible disbelief. She tried taking a step before collapsing, [Bulbie has fainted! She needs food!]

I summoned a gold carrot, cutting it into tiny bits with my sword and feeding her.

"B... Bulbie..." Box managed to say as P. Wright perched on his head. "When she's better, we have some things to catch up on."

I looked up from the pokemon as he pocket his blaze sword and put out the fire it made with a water bucket; turning to the kitchen afterward.

Author's Note:

-Yes, I mentioned the ice bucket challenge.