• Published 8th Nov 2015
  • 2,347 Views, 61 Comments

End of Loyalty - SteffaniStar



After Rainbow's return to Ponyville, things got out of control, but it's even worse when an ancient evil gets his eyes on the Mane 6...

  • ...
13
 61
 2,347

Chapter 9

“Leave them alone!” Celestia shouted, giving Rainbow Dash angry look. Luna immediately rushed towards the girls, checking if they are okay. They were shivering, feeling sad and ashamed. Twilight rushed to hug Princess Luna, who was shocked, but took her in the embrace anyway. Twilight was lucky Celestia and Luna got just in time, but that couldn’t be said for the rest of her friends. After all they found out about each other, they will feel ashamed, but also relieved, after finally sharing their secrets.



“Well, well, look who FINALLY decided to show up. Bravo, Celestia, I truly wasn’t expecting this from you.” Rainbow said, smiling at Celestia. Celestia was afraid, but stood still, not even flicking.
“Had another breakdown? How sad. But look at them! They could’ve been fine, but you couldn’t hold your tears, could you? Your timing is always perfect. But hey, you showed up. There you go. That’s a good start. It takes a bit practice, but you’ll figure it out.” Celestia wiped away her tears. She won’t let Dash provoke her. Not this time.



“Take me. Take me instead of them. It’s me you want, isn’t it? Why must they suffer?” Celestia spoke. Rainbow shook her head, turning it aside, but looked again towards Celestia.


“Why would I want you? You’re worthless to me. They, on the other hoof, are the Elements of Harmony. Without them, Equestria would be vulnerable for another thousand years” Rainbow gave Twilight evil grin, but she only turned her head to Luna, not letting her go. She wanted to escape so badly, she wanted so badly for all of this mess to end. She missed her castle, her warm bed, her library, quiet evenings. Why can’t they have just one day at peace? Their life turned upside down ever since they’ve become the bearers of the Elements.



Luna looked down at Twilight, who was shivering in her embrace. Anger slowly started to bottle up in her, but she decided to keep it down unless things get out of control. She shook her wings, spread them and brought the rest of the mane 6 close to her. Her dark feathers felt warm and soft, like a silk, and was giving them some needed warmth and comfort.



“How could you be so foolish to free villains from Tartarus? You know they won’t give you anything in return. They will trick you, just like Tirek tricked Discord!” Celestia rose her voice. She didn’t think that monster could really succeed in its plan, because the flaws were obvious. You can’t trust them. If they return, they’ll be full of will for vengeance, so they wouldn’t be able to think straight. Only anger will be on their mind.



“Oh, I’m foolish? They won’t give me anything in return? If you’re really interested, they give me power. Every second, I grow stronger and stronger, and if they try to bring me down, they will go with me. But how could you call me foolish? You mean, THEY are foolish?” Rainbow pointed to Twilight and the rest, hidden in Luna’s embrace. They didn’t dare to look back.
“They won’t give me anything in return? Oh, you mean, YOU won’t give THEM anything in return? When was the last time you visited Twilight? When was the last time you attended one of Pinkie’s parties? When was the last time you had a tea party with Fluttershy? When was the last time you tried one of Applejack’s pies or jams? When was the last time you visited Rarity’s boutique? Or maybe went to Rainbow Dash’s Wonderbolt show? When, Celestia? When was the last time you actually showed respect to them? When?! You think they like giving up their lives to save yours? You think they like to live like this? Not one week without some dangerous villain Celestia forgot to kill threatening Equestria? You could at least, if you are too lazy to do something, just, oh I don’t know, show some respect for everything they’re doing for you?!” Rainbow shouted at Celestia, who still wasn’t moving, only her tears were rolling down her white cheeks, soaking into her fur.



“A-actually… she visited me… two weeks ago…” Twilight dared to whisper. Even though Celestia wasn’t always the best, she had feelings too, and she couldn’t just let her teacher, who was like her second mother, being attacked like that.



“Oh shut up!” Rainbow turned to her, showing her sharp teeth. She was slowly walking towards her, not very liking Twilight’s sudden courage. Twilight slightly shook, tightening her hooves around Luna. Her sudden courage distracted Rainbow away from Celestia, but brought her to them.
“You really think you’re so special? You really think your friends have nerves for your “huge” problems? Oh no, I had to send my paper to Celestia today, but I didn’t, so now I’m going to freak out and cast some demonic spells on my old toys to make all Ponyville go nuts, oh no. Oh, look, my library needs to be rescheduled or the world will end, oh no, but I got three tons of books so it will take me whole weekend, better call my friends and ruin their weekends too!” Rainbow mocked Twilight, who was hiding her head in Luna’s fur. Her words hurt her like arrows, but the thing that hurt the most was- those words were true, no matter how hard she was trying to deny them.
“You think YOU have the biggest problems in the world, little Miss Perfect? You wanna know how’s like to deal with real issues? How’s like to deal with depression and suicide? Financial problems? Troubled past? Or maybe find out you’re adopted and you real family is dead?! How would you like that?! Ha?! Would you like to put yourself in hooves of your friends? You have no idea how’s like to wake up and go through the same hell every day. Every. Frickin. Day. How’s like to feel like garbage, or maybe work your hooves until they bleed but then find out half of that was for nothing? How’s like to not have courage to even look at yourself in the mirror and hide that hell from others? Would you like to deal with that? Would you?! But oh no, the world’s gonna tear apart if I don’t re-reschedule my already re-rescheduled schedule! Maybe triple check triple checked checklist, just so the Princess wouldn’t be mad at you for selecting a wrong colour for the decorations for some event she doesn’t even care about!” Rainbow raged, while Twilight was shaking, regretting everything she said. Her sudden courage, and just the will to make things at least tolerable, made things worse.



Her friends now turned their heads from her, not wanting to look at her. Twilight’s heart was breaking in pieces. That monster did it. It took Rainbow Dash and divided the rest. She could no longer call them “friends”. It wasn’t the friends she used to know- they were wrecks. But it’s gonna get better. She believed that firmly. Everything’s gonna be alright. Right?



“How, Luna? How can you do that? How can you hug and protect those who were once your enemies?” Rainbow turned to Luna, who was keeping in her bottling anger.
“You were the pony with the most potential. Your envy was so strong that you could, with our help, conquer Equestria easily. But hey, Celestia used some magic rocks and rainbows and sent you to the Moon! Yes, she said she’s sorry, but “sorry” didn’t bring you back, did it?” Rainbow circled around her.



“Don’t get her involved in this!” Celestia stomped her hooves. Rainbow enjoyed every second. She loved to see Celestia furious like that.



“Oh, I’m sorry, did I open some old wounds and forgotten memories? You could’ve actually saved her, if you just paid attention to her for once! She was your younger sister, for pony’s sake! And sisters take care for each other! Oh, NOW you remembered she exists and suddenly felt empathy for her. You don’t know what kind of hell she was dealing with! Every single night, she begged for you to look at her moon. To see the beautiful stars. To enjoy the night with her. But no, some royal paper stuff was more important that her. But she was persistent. On and on, every single night. Until one night, she locked herself in her room. And cried. Oh, how hard she cried. All night. And you were up all night doing what, signing some contracts or whatever the hell you were doing. After that, nothing was the same. She saw how much you were loved, and she thought it was because you were on some meetings, dealing with some “important” ponies, so she decided to do the same. After scheduling a meeting, she prepared everything and was ready to present the problem and its solution, until you found out and cancelled it. “I’m terribly sorry, my little sister wants to get my attention and get involved in politics but I don’t want her to do that because I’m the only ruler of Equestria.” You wanted to protect her. Well guess what, your “protection” played a big part in her rebellion! After that, she drifted away, until she finally turned to Nightmare Moon, and I guess you all know the rest. You never truly understood her. You never truly appreciated her work and effort. You never truly loved her!” Rainbow yelled at Celestia, who was almost at the breaking point. She loved Luna, and her troubled past was troubling Celestia as well, more than she wanted to admit, but she was too caught up in paperwork and politics. She didn’t like to talk much about Luna’s past and their past behaviours. The past is in the past.



“You do not know the whole story, and that is none of your business! And unless you want to be banished to Tartarus along with your army, let Rainbow go!” Luna shouted and stood up to her hooves, leaving Twilight and the rest hidden in the corner.
“Face me, you coward! It is me you are talking about, so why don’t you say your insults to my face?!” Luna walked to Celestia, protecting her. Celestia took a few steps back and looked in horror.



Rainbow gladly accepted the offer.
“How does it feel like to always be the second best? To always be in the shadow? To always be hated by the rest? Forgotten, broken, living in fear and sorrow?”



“SNAP OUT OF IT!” Luna yelled at Dash and pushed her so hard that she hit her head on the wall. Luna’s bottled anger came to the surface. She couldn’t believe what Deathmist did to Dash. What happened to her loyalty? Her undefeatable loyalty? Fight it, Rainbow!



Rainbow let out a painful sound. Her vision became blurry and sharp pain penetrated her head. She didn’t expect Luna to react like that, but she will pay for that. She forgot she still can’t use her magic.


“You’re going to save her by killing her? Really Luna?”



“This isn’t you, Rainbow Dash! Where is your loyalty?” Luna cried, but noticed Rainbow’s in pain.



“Her loyalty died long ago! Along with Rarity’s generosity! Just because they once behaved like that doesn’t mean they are the same now!” Deathmist roared.



“And what, you’re such a coward you don’t dare to face us on our own, but instead you corrupt an innocent pony?! If you really are that strong, show yourself!” Luna replied back.



Moments after, black dust swiped away from Rainbow and her cyan fur began to show up. Deathmist formed right next to her and kicked her across the room. Giving Luna evil grin, he rose highly to his hooves. Twilight shouted as she and the rest ran towards Rainbow.


“Rainbow!”


Twilight took Rainbow’s head in her hooves, brushing her mane and her wounds. Tears ran down her cheeks.


“C’mon sugarcube! Fight it, Rainbow! Talk to me! Say something!”



Celestia took a few steps back, touching the wall with her wings, looking at Deathmist, now more powerful than ever. Luna watched in shock, but decided to keep herself calm as long as possible, but her rage was boiling at this point.



“Ready to send us a postcard from the Moon?” Deathmist laughed at her.




“Go to hell” Luna said and ran towards him, ready to fight.