• Published 8th Nov 2015
  • 2,344 Views, 61 Comments

End of Loyalty - SteffaniStar



After Rainbow's return to Ponyville, things got out of control, but it's even worse when an ancient evil gets his eyes on the Mane 6...

  • ...
13
 61
 2,344

Chapter 6

„Rainbow Dash, I am sorry, but are you out of your mind?!“ Luna slightly shouted at Rainbow, not believing the words she has just heard come out of her mouth. The cyan pegasus was a bit offended with Luna's words, but still determined in her decision.

„It's my fault they're gone now. They're in danger because of me. If I didn't…“ Rainbow replied to Luna, her voice cracking due to emotions she was keeping in. She held back her tears who came to her eye even at the slightest reminder of that fight. She did argue with Twilight before, but never like this. All because of the one little secret Rainbow didn't share with them. I'm sure others have them, but this one made a huge mess that was hard to clean up.

„Rainbow, it is not your fault. Don't ever say something like that. And it is not only your duty to save them. Luna and I fought them before, there must be a way to defeat them now. I understand they are your best friends, but I'm sorry, I can't let you do this on your own“ Celestia spoke in a gentle tone, trying to talk away her from such a crazy idea.

„You don't know the risks. You don't know what… disaster that monster did in the past. And every time it comes back, it is stronger than before. My sister and I barely defeated it in the past, how are you going to stand against it alone?“ Luna calmed down her voice, warning Rainbow about the danger that will wait for her on that impossible journey.

„I know what you told me. Enough for me“ Rainbow surely replied to her, forgetting for a moment she was talking to the princesses, the rulers of Equestria, and not to her fellows in Cloudstale or Ponyville, but she stood still, knowing princesses would once again try to stop her, but she had iron will, and being the Element of Loyalty, it is very clear the princesses' desperate attempts are worthless.

„But you don't know the full story! And there is a very good reason for that! There is always a good reason why somepony keeps secrets! And the reason to this one is the painful truth that everypony wants either to hide or to forget“ Luna raised her voice to Rainbow. She was angry, because their time was running out, and Rainbow was determined and stubborn as ever. She wanted to end this, sooner as possible, but Rainbow wouldn't let go. She desperately looked to Celestia, hoping she could somehow solve this problem, but Celestia was at the border of panic. She let out a small sigh, and talked to Rainbow.

„Rainbow, we're running out of time. You are coming with us, and that's an order“ Celestia commanded, spreaded her wings along with Luna and rushed through castle's golden doors. Rainbow was still desperate. She couldn't just stand up against the princesses, but she wanted to do this on her own. She didn't know what to do, or what she could do, so she kept pace with the princesses.

In front of the castle, Rainbow again noticed that same dark shadow climbing on the castle. Deathmist is here, probably looking for her. This was her only chance.

When the princesses softly spreaded their large feather wings, Rainbow rushed to fly to the back of the castle. Her wings flapped fast, wind flowed through her mane and through her feathers. She looked behind to make sure the princesses weren't behind her. Luna and Celestia were looking around, searching for Rainbow, only to spot her at the last second, but it was too late because Dash was a few meters away from the shadow.

It didn't take long for Deathmist to notice the cyan mare and her signature rainbow hair. It didn't take a second for them to wrap her in black smoke and disappear, leaving no trace or sound.

When Celestia and Luna came to the place Rainbow was just a second ago, they were shocked and confused.

„What… where did she go?“ Luna asked, her eyes wide. She was circling around the castle. Oh, how could she be so foolish? She should've known Rainbow would try to escape. She was too determined and loyal to just stay put. She should've noticed that.

„Deathmist came back to get us, but Rainbow probably surrounded. She let them capture her!“ Celestia now started to panic. The last Element of Harmony was taken, Deathmist grew stronger, they didn't have a plan or strategy to defeat them and their time was running out. She started to shiver and to sweat. Luna was worried aswell, but she still tried to calm down her sister because panic won't help them, it'll only make the things worse than they already are.

„Sister, please, we need to hurry, but you need to calm down. It's only going to make things worse“ Luna shortly replied to her, giving her a comforting hug. She could feel sister's rapid hearthbeat and short breaths slowly coming back to normal. After only a few precious seconds they could afford, Celestia calmed down and looked at Luna.

„I know you are worried, and so am I, but we will never find our friends if all we do is panic. We have to stay calm. Promise me that, my sister. Please, I cannot look at you when you're like that“ the dark coated alicorn said to her sister, hugging her once more.

„I promise. I'm sorry, I just couldn't think straight. I don't know how could panic get me at this moment. But leave that for now. We must hurry to Everfree forest. Who knows what that monster could be up to“ Celestia raised her head and looked at Luna. Together, they flew above the streets of Canterlot, many ponies looking at them, some of them smiling to see the two royal alicorn sisters together. They were moving towards the borders of Canterlot.


Rainbow woke up in a dark cell. Her vision was blurry and the room was dark. The pain in her head was showly fading away, with a few ice cold drops of water from the ceiling dropping on her head. Her head was rested on a wet boulder underneath, which was giving her sharp neck pain and freezing touch.
She was welcomed with a cold breeze around her fur and unbearable cold. Her wings were in an uncomfortable position, somewhere bruised and hurt. She felt weak, and her legs were folded together, numb at the end. She moved her head, and noticed the cell was small and she could barely fit her muzzle through the heavy bars.

„Hey…let me… go, you… cowards!“ she wanted to scream, she wanted to scream so bad, but who knows what that Deathmist did to her, or what that monster did to her friends.

Maybe they're close. Maybe they're somewhere close to her. Maybe they're still okay. Maybe there was still a chance. She needed to try.

“T…Twilight…are you… there?” Rainbow whispered. What kind of spell was she under? She could barely move, and her loud voice was now so weak and quiet, even Fluttershy’s voice was now louder than her’s, but she continued.

“Twilight” she didn’t lose hope. Her voice was still too quiet, but it was slowly recovering. They’re somewhere out there, she could feel it. She needs to be strong, she’ll rescue them.

“Maybe I should’ve listened to Celestia and Luna. How am I going to defeat them all alone? I’m not an alicorn” her heart sank. She really should’ve thought about this better. Now she got her friends AND herself in trouble.

“No. I can do this. Come on, Rainbow Dash. Try again” she quietly mumbled to herself. She can’t just give up now. She can’t leave them alone. She’ll rescue them. What kind of friend would she be then?

“Twilight! Girls!” her voice almost fully recovered now. If they don’t hear her now…

“Girls! It’s me, Rainbow Dash! Are you okay?” Rainbow’s throat still felt sour, but atleast she could speak normally. She was almost completely sure they’ll hear her. She heard some mumbling from far away. It’s them! It must be them!

“Twilight! Is that you? Girls!” her heart filled with joy, knowing her friends are out there, alive, waiting for her. She wanted to jump from happiness, but the low ceiling and narrow walls didn’t allow her that. Still, her spark of happiness kept growing, until it was shattered in a countless pieces by a deep evil voice.

“Well, you sure are one brave mare” the black smoke entered the room. Rainbow felt a cold touch on her cheek and frightnening chills down her spine. The black smoke then touched the floor, forming a cloud, and from that cloud, the black alicorn with the burning mane rose upon. It was the last thing Rainbow wanted to see right now. It was Deathmist. It probably heard her shouting. And those mumbles… it was probably the guards. How could she be so stupid?

“Where are my friends!? What did you do to them!?” Rainbow shouted, now with her voice fully recovered. Anger rushed through her body like a beast and she wanted to kill that monster right away, but instead she just hit her hooves on the bars, but she could barely feel the pain, but she wasn’t sure was it because the rage and fire in her veins or the unbearable cold.

“Oh they’re fine. For now” Deathmist laughed maniacly, her wings spreaded and her mane burning fire. Rainbow could feel those precious drops of warmth that reached her, but they would soon fade away. The evil monster continued to provokate Rainbow, enjoying in every moment of her rage.

“I heard you were calling for your precious princess Twilight. Well, I think you will be more than happy to hear she was the one that brought you here” the grin on Deathmist’s face grew wider every second.

“Well then, I’ll thank her as soon as I kick your flank!” Rainbow once again kicked the bars, harder this time. She started to kick them, struggling, but Deathmist soon ended her desperate attempts.

“You sure are one tough and brave mare. Do you not know in front of who you stand?!” evil voice pierced her ears. Deathmist rose higher, spreading her wings with sharp feathers, leaning towards Rainbow.

“How in Celestia’s name could you stand up in this tiny cell? You had to think about this earlier” now Rainbow’s grin grew wider. She now enjoyed seeing the furious face on her enemy. She didn’t care about that monster; for her, it was just another evil villain to defeat, but perhaps, she didn’t have to mess with Deathmist. She didn’t know its true power.

“I don’t like your attitude, and especially your annoying voice!” the creature raged, and Rainbow started to feel afraid. Her fear was slowly growing; she wasn’t here to have fun, she was here to save her friends, and surely it would help to provoke it!
She remembered Luna’s words. Maybe it was better if she just listened for once!

Deathmist’s horn glowed in dark blue aura, her horn almost touching Rainbow, and even though she felt fear, she didn’t back down. Instead, she held her head strong and high.
Blue magic surrounded Rainbow, freezing her in place. Magic rays now travelled around her neck, slowly fading, while Rainbow’s confusion and fear kept growing.

“Oh, and keep mentioning Celestia. Maybe, who knows, she could save you now. I’m sure she REALLY cares about you!” Deathmist said, furiously leaving the room, ordering her guards to go to her friends and start preparing.

When Rainbow wanted to reply, she couldn’t. She opened her mouth, but no words came out. She started screaming, but all it was heard was a deep sigh. She widened her eyes in shock. That monster took her voice! Her only chance to call her friends!

“I…I can’t speak…I can’t speak!!!” Rainbow thought. That monster is going to pay for everything.
“How am I going to call them now? I really should’ve thought about this earlier. I should’ve listened to Luna! I was supposed to save them! How am I going to save them now?” Rainbow sat in a corner, bursting in tears. How could she be so stupid? If she stayed with Luna and Celestia, that monster would already be gone and they would be free, but now… now she just got them in even a bigger trouble. It was all her fault.

She looked across the cell and through the bars, hoping to find an answer. Across the cold, heavy walls and through the bars. Through the bars… through the BARS…

“Maybe there is a way out” she thought and looked at the bars. Maybe, if she kicked hard enough…

She didn’t wait a second. She started kicking as hard as she could. Deathmist maybe took her voice, but it didn’t take her strength. At first, it only produced a large noise, but after a few kicks, Rainbow could see the dust falling off the walls.


Twilight and the rest were helplessly laying in their cells, when suddenly, Applejack heard a noise.

“Do you hear that?” AJ said, hear ears twitching.

“Hear what?” Pinkie monotonely said. Her face was filled with sorrow and she played with her hair, but AJ wasn’t imagining it. After a few seconds, Pinkie heard something too, along with others.

“It sounds like somepony is trying to knock down the bars” Twilight guessed. Then she realized. Only one pony was that determined to save her friends.

“You think… this might be Rainbow?” AJ looked at Twilight, her eyes starting to fill with hope.

“Oh, I know this is her! Rainbow! It’s me, Twilight!” Twilight shouted, others joining aswell.

“Rainbow! Can you hear us?!” they all shouted, hoping that Rainbow isn’t far, and that she already told everything to Celestia and Luna. They’re probably on their way!



On the other side of the hallway, Rainbow almost knocked the bars over. Her hooves were bruised, but it didn’t matter to her. What mattered to her was to get out and find her friends. Her head stood up, when she heard somepony calling her. She recognized the voices. It was her friends! It was them! They’re alive!

Her heart, now filled with joy, was once again shattered as she heard the familiar evil voice silencing them.