• Published 8th Nov 2015
  • 2,344 Views, 61 Comments

End of Loyalty - SteffaniStar



After Rainbow's return to Ponyville, things got out of control, but it's even worse when an ancient evil gets his eyes on the Mane 6...

  • ...
13
 61
 2,344

Chapter 5

Author's Note:

Note: the beginning of this chapter is expanded ending to the last one, since I didn't have much time to expand and edit the last one, I wanted to make up for my mistake.

Rainbow Dash was in her home, resting on a cloudy, comfortable bed. She was thinking about all the things that happened today. She couldn't believe what her friends did to her, what Twilight said, and, most importantly, how she expressed her feelings, her true feelings. She didn't like to talk about emotions or show them very often, unless it's a common „awesome Rainbow Dash“ behavior, but that was just a mask. Her true feeling and her troubling past... that was something else. She didn't even like to open to her own best friends, but now, when she finally did, her heart felt lighter. She didn't need to carry that trouble alone, because she had her friends, but, stubborn as she is, she kept yet another secret. And she knew very well what would happen if she kept it a secret, but she did. And now, she's all alone, with yet another fight on her back. She hurt her friends, but she had to prove to herself she's tough enough.

She just wished she could turn back time and correct her mistakes, or simply erase this day forever, or at least from her memory, but even if she did, it wouldn't solve the problem, it would just temporary cover it, until it rises again or simply fades away. Even although it was night, she was hoping her friends would now knock on her door, apologize to eaach other and then go to sleep peacefully, with another big day full of unpredictable adventures waiting them.

Suddently, she heard a knock on her door. At first she thought maybe Tank bumped into something again, because she wasn't expecting guests, but somepony knocked again. She know realized that somepony was indeed knocking. Her heart skipped, a sparkle of happiness shined in her eyes when she was quickly flying to open the door, hoping that were her friends.

When she opened them, the sparkle of happiness turned into a big question mark of confusion. There, on her front porch, two tall alicorns were standing, one as dark as the night, stars filled her name and moon was graved in her necklace, her coat painted in dark blue, while the other one was bright as the day, shining as the sun, her mane long and sparkly, gently flowing in the wind and her coat pure white. They were worried and in a big hurry.

Why would princess Luna and princess Celestia come to her, she didn't know. Why wouldn't they go visit Twilight, she's Celestia's prized pupil and the princess of Friendship. And they should be asleep, it was getting late. She prayed her friends were okay, because she hasn't seen them since the fight. When she tried to speak, ask what in Equestria was goiong on, Luna cut off her thoughts.

„We need your help, Rainbow Dash“ Luna looked at her, thinking how much time do they still have untill it comes back. They needed to hurry back to Canterlot and quickly come up with a strategy and a plan for fight. Not a second of time should be wasted; event he second can sometimes define somepony's life.

„What's going on? Are my friends okay?!“ Rainbow asked them, her eyes watering a bit. If something did happen to them, she would blame herself. It would be only her fault.

„We'll explain later. Now, you need to come with us to Canterlot, we're runnig out of time“ Celestia responded to her. How are they going to defeat it? She didn't know, but she didn't allow herself to panic. It wasn't the right moment. She is going to think of something, and save Twilight and her friends.

--------------------------------

Twilight was slowly waking up. Her head ached. She didn't know what happened after that creature spoke. The last thing she saw was the burning eyes and black mist surrounded her, hitting her in the head. She slowly opened her eyes, her blurry vision becoming clearer as she was turning her head around to see where she was. She was greeted by darkness, with a small light bright enough to see few inches around herself, and cold stone walls, with a sound of few drops that were dripping from the ceeling. Hard, metal grids, besides the cold walls, were the only thing she saw.

Pain in the head was slowly fading away, but her hooves were numb and cold. She was freezing, but she tried to move them to feel even a tiny bit of warmth.

„H…h…hello?“ she was barely able to speak, her throat was sour. Her muscles were tired, but she managed to stand up, her legs shaking, but when she stood up, her spine was touching the wall above her, and she immieiately collapsed back again, starting to feel claustrophobic.
The cell was small and she could barely move. She pushed her head to the grids, trying to shout, but it was just a quiet whisper.

„G…girls?“ she tried to push her head through the bars but she could barely fit in her muzzle.
Nopony spoke. Silence filled the air and Twilight could feel her heart starting to beat quickly. Seconds pased, nothing. She saw there were more cells around her, but she couldn't see are they empty or not. She couldn't see her way out, nor she could know are her friends okay, or where are they.

When she was about to think the worst, she head a quiet voice that might have just given her back her life.
„T…t…Twilight?“ she heard somepony's voice. It was Fluttershy's voice. She felt happiness, because she heard her friend's voice. They are alive and they are going to escape this prison, together.

„Fluttershy? Are you okay?“ Twilight responded back. She could almost feel Fluttershy's shaking and her insecure voice.

„I…I'm cold…“ Fluttershy gently spoke. She was shivering and she was really scared. Why did this happen? Why did it have to be this way? And what is this creature? Or, more like, this monster.

„We'll try to escape, and we will, I promise you that, Fluttershy“ Twilight said, comforting Fluttershy, but she didn't know can she keep this promise. Will they really escape and find Rainbow, or will that promise be shattered in million pieces? It is up to them.

Soon she heard the rest of her friends. The next one to wake up was Applejack.

„Ugh… what the…“ she mumbled. Twilight immieiately responded to her.

„Applejack! We need to find a way to escape. My magic is still not working and I don't know what that monster is, and I don't know is Rainbow Dash safe, or did they get her too and I can't get message to princess Celestia…“ Twilight spoke to her, and Applejack was slowly coming back to normal.

„Twilight… please… everything's gonna be fine, and I think Rainbow's safe, I'm just worried 'bout what harm could that creature do to Equestria. They probably caught us 'cause we're the Elements of Harmony so if one of us isn't here, it'll take a lot more time to find somepony else to wield that Element“ Twilight could hear worry in AJ's voice. Thoughts of escape were racing through her mind, but all of them were either impossible, or just plain silly.

After Rarity and Pinkie woke up, they started discussing about the possible ways out.

„This bars are impossible to break“ Applejack said after she tried to buck them down, but she wasn't strong enough and her hooves were still numb, probably from the cold. That monster must've drugged them all with some crazy magical spell or something.

„Oh, why did this happen? Why can't we have just one day at peace…“ Fluttershy softly spoke, her voice still shivering and she sounded like she was about to pass put.

„Fluttershy, dear, are you okay? You don't sound so good“ Rarity asked her, but Fluttershy didn't respond. She just sat in the corner, hoping to keep the last drops of warmth that she still had.

„Uh-oh…“ Pinkie mumbled to herself. Her bubbly behavior now turned into sad, monotone sound that was just plainn scary. Nopony ever saw Pinkie like that, she turned her back to the bars and stared at the cold wall, as she was hoping it would just collapse. Things would be much better if it could be so easy like that.

„Oh, Pinkie… What happened to you? What have they done to you? To us?“ Twilight looked at her best friends, the ones she spent most of her life with, smiles that could never fade, happiness that could never end, but now they sunk deep into sorrow, their colours faded away.

„Now, c'mon y'all, don't give up now! That's exactly what that monster wants-to make us give in! But we won't! I'm sure Celestia, Luna and Rainbow Dash are on their ways to save us!“ Applejack wanted to encourage other, even just a little bit, so they could at least feel some hope. When she said those words, that creature came to pay them a visit.

„Oh, yes, your precious Celestia“ a deep voice could be heard. That voice brought strong anger in Applejack, and she felt she could tear down the bars just with her teeth. Monster, with a cape of black mist, came in.

„Let us go!“ Twilight immieiately screamed, but she didn't know why. Of course that monster isn't going to let them go, but she would feel like she would betray her friends if she didn't at least try.

The creature ignored her words and continued.

„I'm sure she'll be here any second. She just LOVES you so much she would risk her own life to save you“ the creature laughed, it's mane burning so bright that it's litting up the room.

„She does love us!“ Twilight continued raging, but she started to doubt her own words. Does Celestia REALLY love them THAT much, she would put her life, and by that, also the fate of her kingdom, just to save their lives? Sure, they were the Elements, but what if they weren't? Would Celestia still love them, or is just because of that?

Doubt started growing in her heart. She hated to admit it, but that monster… was right. Celestia didn't even tried to defend her kingdom, and when she did, she was easily overpowered. She just called Twilight to get the Elements, because she knew they couldn't say no, and she knew they would do anything for her. They were out there, risking their lives, while she was, what, resting on her couch? At least Luna had some worries, but she… she just let them go straight in the heart of danger. She wasn't putting at least bit of efford, she… didn't care.

Twilight saw it with her own eyes. When she was fighting with Starlight and travelling through all those different futures, especially in Sombra's one, she saw Celestia didn't really tried to defend the kingdom. She can raise a frickin' sun, but she can't overpower a few Sombra's soldiers? Or few changelings? What happened to „the wise and POWERFUL princess Celestia“?

In that moment, the black mist shining from the creature's eyes shined brightly. The creature widened its eyes and curiosly looked at Twilight.

„Well, well, looks somepony here agrees with me“ creature spoke, and the black mist surrounded Twilight. That… thing can read minds?
What?!

„T-Twilight?“ Applejack looked at her, and Twilight didn't know what to do. She just looked away from her, because she started to feel that creature is trying to take her into the darkness and evil.

„Oh, come on, don't blame her. All of you know, deep inside, that Celestia doesn't even give a flying feather about you! She only cares about you because you are the Elements of Harmony, and Twilight did saw what would happen if they never met. Oh, by the way, don't get too happy that your sixth friend is still free. My army is headed to Las Pegasus to find her“ the creature laughed, walking to the hallway to exit.

And Rainbow could get some more time, if Twilight kept her mouth shut.

„Wait a minute… Las Pegasus? She's in Las Pegasus?“

„WHAT?! Luna lied to us?!“ the creature jumped in shock. Twilight then realized what has she just done. Luna probably lied to them so they could get some more time to find Rainbow. Now, they're gonna find Rainbow, and it'll be all her fault!

„Well, thank you Twilight for the great dicovery. When we win, I'll dedicate this victory to you. Hopefully, you'll be alive“ maniac laugh was heard, and the black mist was gone in les than a second.

Twilight then lied on the cold floor and sobbed.

------------------------------------------

„That monster is called Deathmist. Luna and I have defeated it long ago, but it cannot be defeated-only pernamently locked“ Celestia explained to Rainbow.

„I don't understand, how can they be that powerful?“

„They feed of the negative energy, mostly causing fights. They find somepony that has, hidden or not, a lot of rage in their hearts, and they use it against you. It's like their main source of energy“

Rainbow looked away, immieiately remebering the argument, but she quickly shook her head and listened to Celestia. That explaines the sharp pain, Twilight's words, and the black shadow. All was clear now.

„They did stike four times long ago, but the last two times… it was different. They realized they aren't powerful enough against the Elements, so they started to help villains in their escape from Tartarus, and they have been remained hidden for a thousand years, probably gaining energy to help other villains, and to probably, if powerful enough, strike on their own. All the terror they caused… I don't like to remember it, it brings me very bad memories“ Luna added, turning her head.

„I… I saw it today. I saw Deathmist“ Rainbow said to Luna, preparing to tell them about the fight she and Twilight had.

„I…I kept a secret from my friends. But that doesn't matter. Anyway, Twilight was very, and I mean, VERY angry about it. I never saw her like that… we had a fight, and she was… evil. It wasn't her. The sharp pain, the eyes, the dark shadow… now I know why was she like that“ Rainbow said, wiping away one tear from her eye.

„Their castle is deep in the Everfree Forest. We must go soon, if we hope that monster still hasn't harmed them“ Celestia said, spreading her wings, but Rainbow stopped her.

„Wait! I may have an idea“ Rainbow realized.

„What is it, Rainbow Dash? And please hurry“ Luna looked at her.

„You said they have this, so called „main source“, right?“

„Correct“

„And, they probably used Twilight and me as a source, but it didn't effect me. They couldn't force me, my loyalty was far stronger“ Rainbow explained.

„Hm, that… could be true, but what is your point?“ Luna was confused.

Rainbow turned her head, and looked back at the princessed. She was determined in this decision. She made one mistake, and she isn't going to make the next one again.

„I'll let them capture me. I will free my friends. I will defeat that monster“