• Published 26th Oct 2015
  • 761 Views, 36 Comments

My Little Caelan: Lume is Magic - Falx_of_Lume



“I can’t believe I managed to find the formula to break the barrier between different universes!” Twilight thinks to herself giddily. “And now Celestia is sending me and the girls through the portal to meet with the leader or leaders of the

  • ...
8
 36
 761

[Edit] Chapter 3: Tests and Scars

Twilight and her friends enter the Canterlot throne room after pair of royal guard unicorns open the massive doors with their magic.

“Welcome Twilight, girls, it’s nice to see you again.” Princess Celestia says in greeting while getting up off of her throne to walk over to them.

“It’s good to see you too Princess Celestia, we came as soon as we got your request for us to come and meet you.” Twilight greets her old mentor as she and the girls walk to stand closer to Celestia.

“I’m glad to see that you got here so quickly, but you do know that it wasn’t an urgent request, correct?” Celestia asks with a small smirk and a raised eyebrow.

Twilight rubs the back of her head in mild embarrassment. Rainbow Dash flies forward and in front of Twilight. “So when are we going to go and kick some alien flank!” She says while giving a few punches with her front hooves in the air, a cocky smile on her face.

Rarity’s eyes widen in shock. “Rainbow Dash, we are not traveling to another world for the sole purpose of attacking the inhabitants!” Rarity says sternly to the cyan pegasus.

Rainbow opens her mouth to respond when Pinkie pops up between them. “But what if they’re a bunch of big muscled alien warriors and they’re surprised to see us ponies. And what if ponies don’t exist on their world and they attack us out of fear of the unknown and we have to defend ourselves just to get out of the situation alive, and the diplomatic mission we’re getting sent on turns into a huge misunderstanding that leads to Equestria going to war with the aliens and the aliens end up figuring out how to get to Equestria and end up invading and enslaving everypony we know and love and we have to start an underground resistance fighting force to…” Applejack finally gets around to covering Pinkies mouth with her hoof to stop her rambling. “Pretty sure things won’t get that out a’ hoof, Pinkie Pie.” Applejack says with half lidded eyes.

“I’m hoping it doesn’t get out of hoof at all.” Fluttershy says nervously, currently cowering behind Celestia due to Pinkie’s vivid description. Celestia looks down behind her at Fluttershy with a comforting smile.

“Don’t worry my little ponies, I have taken precautions to ensure your safe return should something go wrong. And I’m hoping Twilight can help me make some more by viewing the place that you will be arriving in. As much as I have faith in all of you, in the case of visiting a place with so many unknowns, a pony can never be too careful.” Celestia says to the group.

“That’s true, and looking back, I probably should have thought of that before now. I’m sorry Celestia, normally I’m not so shortsighted in these kinds of events. I… suppose… I was a little excited about visiting a new world. Heh heh.” Twilight gives a nervous laugh, somewhat embarrassed… again.

Celestia gives a laugh of her own at Twilights embarrassed state. “It’s alright Twilight, we all forget to prepare from time to time.” She says.

“Uh, Princess, did you say somethin’ about making preparations ta’ make sure we’re safe?” Applejack asks curiously.

“Yes I did. Twilight is still somewhat new to her position as a Princess of Equestria, so I asked Luna if she would like to accompany you on your trip. She agreed, feeling it would be safer to have a second alicorn coming along. I also have a feeling that she’s excited about visiting another world as well, even if she didn’t voice her excitement. Being able to control the stars, it seemed to her like an interesting prospect to visit a place among the stars, even if they’re not the same stars she commands.” Celestia says, answering Applejack’s question.

“Princess Luna’s coming with?!” The six mares in front of Celestia cry out in surprise.

Celestia gives another laugh at the main six’s reaction. “Yes, she is. Did you think she just stays in her room all the time? She gets out and about every once in a while.” She says in an amused tone.

The girls look a little sheepish at that statement, some of them thinking that she did, but not realizing until now how silly it sounds.

Twilight clears her throat after coming out of her third state of embarrassment for the day. “Ehem, so anyway… what can I do to help prepare Princess?” Twilight asks Celestia, getting back on topic.

“You told me in your letter that you used a dimensional viewing spell last night to get an idea of what you needed to do to complete the rift spell. I would like to help you pick a world that is able to support life, but also has signs of civilization similar in advancement to ours. Any additional information about that world we can gather, before actually sending somepony there, will be helpful.” Celestia says in a slightly more serious tone.

Twilight nods in agreement, before looking down in thought. “But… just so you know, Princess… I’m not sure whether I’ll have the magical stamina to keep looking for very long… I’m sorry if this is an inconvenience.” Twilight says, looking a little sad at her limits preventing her from completing a task from her former mentor.

“You don’t have to apologize for that Twilight, we all have our limits. But as I’m sure you’ve noticed, becoming an alicorn greatly increased your magical threshold, and if it’s necessary, I can power the spell while you direct it.” Celestia consoles Twilight with a smile.

Twilight perks up at Celestia’s words.

“Now,” Celestia starts. “how about we go and eat lunch before starting the task of finding a suitable world to visit?” She says while turning around to walk in the direction of the dining room.


“I think I found one Celestia.” Twilight says while maintaining her concentration on keeping the vision of the viewing spell stable.

“That’s good, after searching for so long, I think I can actually feel myself becoming a bit drained.” Celestia replies, also focusing on her own task.

The two alicorns are leaning forward and touching the tips of their horns to each others, the rounded disk showing images similar to what Twilight viewed last night. They’re viewing the same world as last time, with flora and fauna foreign to the world of Equis being shown.

“What can you observe about this world Twilight?” Celestia asks.

Twilight takes a moment to split her focus between the spell and the images. “Hmmm… well… the animals seem to have the forms similar to animals on Equis, with mouths and torsos, so they probably breathe in the same way as us. And the plants also seem to photosynthesize in the same way as ours, by using chlorophyll, so there’s probably oxygen in the atmosphere. I think it’s a fairly safe guess to say that the planet has a survivable atmosphere for ponies.” Twilight lists off.

“That’s good to know. Are you able to shift the focus of the disk to see if sentient life exists?” Celestia asks.

“Yes, I can do that right now.” Twilight says before focusing again.

The images shifts to the right, as if looking around, before it suddenly shoots in the direction the sky would be on the planet. When it finally stops, the two alicorns can see a bird’s eye view of the surface of the new world.

Twilight searches the surface of the planet until her eyes land on a mass of something in the distance.

“There! I can see what looks like buildings clustered together. In fact, it looks like a fairly large city from here, since it stretches all the way past the horizon. If that’s not proof of sentient life, I don’t know what is.” Twilight says with excitement.

“Well, in that case, I believe we’ve found our destination. Go ahead and end the spell Twilight, then we can tell your friends the good news.” Celestia says.

“Got it, ending the spell now.” Twilight says before ending the viewing spell.


Metuo feels the tightness in his chest subside. ‘Ow.’ He thinks to himself with a wince.

The day after Metuo’s training session with his older cousin Niteo, Metuo returned to his room to rest and clean himself up a bit. He wasn’t concerned about his lack of sleep, he usually only gets about six hours of sleep anyway; he’s always had nightmares at around that time of night. The only difference between then and now is that his nightmares seem to be focusing themselves more nowadays, and he can’t get back to sleep after them, and he can feel a lot more pain in them… okay they’ve gotten a lot worse after that specific event, but he’s still used to them.

Metuo moves his weight off of the wall he was leaning on for support. Sometime in the middle of the day, Metuo was walking through the hallway to go train again, when suddenly he feels tightness in his chest, which got worse over time, before vanishing after about five minutes. Normally, Metuo would just dismiss this as just a phantom pain from a time when he got injured. Since His element heals any injury he gets in a fight, Metuo sometimes feels pain erupt from some areas he got an especially nasty injury.

But this time was different… the pain came from the one wound that ever actually scarred, and it felt different than the other times. For one, it was a lot more intense than the others. And for another… it felt less like pain… and more like something wanted… to get out.

Author's Note:

Edit's done. Literally didn't have to change anything about it.

"Then why did you label it as Edited?"

It was just to pretty much 'checkmark' it as looked over before I move onto the next chapter.