• Published 8th Dec 2015
  • 1,718 Views, 63 Comments

Just One Little Lie - PonySage86



Rainbow needs a favor. It's a simple little problem, no big deal, Honest.

  • ...
5
 63
 1,718

Pinkie's Promise

"Rarity isn't here?" Twilight asks, Sweetie Belle just shakes her head.

Twilight had come to Carousel Boutique to speak with Rarity about an upcoming trip, she was going to visit her brother and Cadence in the Crystal Empire and wanted the Fashionista's advice on if she should wear anything.

"Rarity and Rainbow Dash left just a little bit ago." Sweetie Belle explains. "They went to Cloudsdale to visit Rainbow Dash's mom and tell her about their date."

"Right, the date." Twilight says with a blink. "I remember hearing about that. I assume it went well."

"Better than well!" Sweetie Belle exclaims. "Rarity's mane was messy when she came home but she didn't even fix it she was in such a good mood! Well, she didn't fix it right away anyway." Sweetie Belle hops in place and Squees in delight.

"You seem pretty excited about that." Twilight chuckles.

"How could I not be!? My sister is in a relationship I didn't cause with poison!" Sweetie Belle practically screams, causing the Alicorn to flinch.

"Umm, Sweetie Belle?" Twilight says slowly. "You do remember that their not really in a relationship right? I know Rarity explained the situation to you." Upon hearing the Princesses' words Sweetie Belle stops smiling and just stares at the older mare. Her face is as stoic as stone as she continues staring, unnerving the Alicorn before her, when she speaks her voice is as cold as ice.

"Don't mess with my OTP Twilight." Sweetie Belle warns, Twilight takes a single step backward.

"Uh, I'm sorry?" She mumbles unsurely. Sweetie Belle's face immediately brightens and she talks as if nothing just happened.

"Anyway, if you wanna see Rarity, you'll have to wait till later." Sweetie Belle informs with a smile, only for both filly and Princess to turn around at the sound of a voice.

"Miss Rarity is not here? I had hoped to speak with her." Turning around an earth pony stallion comes into view, he wears an expensive suit and his silver-like hair is pulled behind his head, a few strands curled to the side of his head. His eyes are hidden behind purple shaded glasses.

"Oh, I know you." Sweetie Belle announces. "You're one of those fashion ponies Rarity works with."

"My dear, I am not 'one of those fashion ponies' as you so simply put it." The stallion dismisses with a wave of his hoof. "If anything I am THE fashion pony. My name is Hoity Toity."

"That's right, I recognize you, from that fashion show Rarity put on." Twilight chuckles nervously. "The one where we designed our own dresses. At least the second one was better." At Twilight's words Hoity Toity puts a hoof to his glasses and lowers them slightly, making his eyes barely visible as he inspects the mare in front of him.

"Yes, you do seem familiar." Hoity Toity says as he moves his glasses back up. "You didn't have wings last time though." Twilight just stares at the fashion stallion, wondering silently if he realized he was speaking to an Equestrian Princess.

"Now then, if Miss Rarity is not here, perhaps I could impart a message to you? I trust you would deliver it?" Twilight and Sweetie Belle just look at each other than turn back to the fashion stallion and nod. "Excellent."

"I have grown weary of the ordinary fashion show." Hoity Toity begins. "As much as I enjoy seeing true talent on stage my enjoyment has dulled as everything being displayed begins to feel the same." The Fashion stallion laments. "The problem is that most fashion shows have only one artists talents on display, if I wanted to see a single ponies' designs one after another I could just look through a catalogue or some such drivel." Hoity Toity moves his hoof around in a bored manner before snapping it quickly towards the ceiling. "That is when I was struck by inspiration. I have decided to put on the fashion show to beat all fashion shows." He pauses for a moment for the squeals of excitement. When none come he looks at the two ponies in the room and their confused faces.

"It seems I must explain." He states dryly, Hoity Toity takes a moment to mumble to himself, something about his intention being obvious. before he once more looks at the two ponies. "What that means is that I shall be hosting a large fashion show where all the best designers in Equestria and even a few select newcomers will be able to show off their finest designs for all to see. potentially hundreds of designs from dozens of creators in one location, that is my objective." once he explains the two ponies beginning murmuring to each other.

"That is kinda cool, I bet Rarity would love that."

"I agree, it sounds like a good idea."

"He could have just explained it right away though."

"Ahem." Hoity coughs to gain their attention. "So, my request is simply for you to inform Miss Rarity that I was here and what my business was. Now I believe I shall be off, have Miss Rarity contact me if she's interested." Hoity Toity begins to leave but Sweetie Belle speaks up.

"Of course she's interested! I can get an outfit she's working on and if you like it you can sign her up for your show right away!" The excited filly runs off before either adult can react to her announcement. Hoity Toity takes a seat on a comfy chair, his face implying he's intrigued.

This should be easy Sweetie Belle thinks to herself. All I have to do is grab one of Rarity's dresses, impress that fashion guy and bam, Rarity gets into that show. She'll be so excited!

Sweetie Belle arrives in Rarity's design studio and begins looking around, most of what she finds are half finished outfits or just drawings on a piece of paper. She scratches her head thinking she must have overlooked something, turning around she see's a note on a door. Running over, Sweetie Belle takes a look at the note.

Secret project. NO PEEKING

"She must be saving this for a special occasion." Sweetie Belle says to herself, her face brightens up in realization. "A special occasion like a 'fashion show to beat all fashion shows'! Perfect" Opening the door, Sweetie Belle marvels at the gown inside before grabbing the ponyquin it's on and slowly making her way back down stairs.

CLOUDSDALE HOSPITAL

"Oh that sounds amazing!" Morning Dew cheers, though not very loudly as her voice sounds hoarse. "Little Scootaloo really did it?"

"She sure did!" Rainbow exclaims with joy. "Once she focused, oh man I wish you'd seen it. I've never seen anypony glide that well their first time."

"I was so glad I was there to see it." Rarity says with a contented sigh. "It was so exciting!"

"I'm glad you two had such a good day." Morning Dew smiles. "And I was wondering... Well."

"What is it mom?" Rainbow asks, raising her eyebrow.

"You've told me so much about Scootaloo, I was thinking that perhaps, I could meet her some day."

"Well, that's a little complicated." Rainbow sighs. "It was hard enough to get Caregiver to agree to let Scootaloo visit me once. You live in Cloudsdale so odds aren't good."

"Well, I hardly expect you to bring her to a hospital." Morning Dew laughs. "I meant when I get out of here, I could come down to Ponyville for a visit."

"That'd be great mom."

"Morning Dew, that would be wonderful." Rarity assures her. "Why you could meet all our friends down in Ponyville and see my Boutique, I still need to get working on your dress."

"Don't go to to much trouble on my account." Morning Dew insists.

"Now now darling, every mare needs to pamper herself sometimes. When was the last time you took some time for Morning Dew huh?" Rarity insists right back.

"Hmm." Morning Dew ponders. "I think that was a week or so before I met Rainbow Dash." Rainbow's eyes widen.

"Mom seriously??"

"What?" Morning Dew asks defensively. "I went full mom mode after I adopted you, I didn't really think about it."

"Morning Dew, Rainbow Dash has been out of the house for years now. Surly you can take some time to relax." Morning Dew just shrugs lazily in response. "Well being selfless is a good thing but it's ok to think about yourself once in awhile. Please allow me to take you to the spa when you visit Ponyville."

"Seriously Rare?" Rainbow asks while rolling her eyes. "You try to take everypony to the spa."

"I think it's fun ok?" Rarity defends herself. "Besides, what better way for a pony to pamper herself?" Morning Dew lets out a giggle, though it sounds less light hearted and more scratchy.

"It sounds lovely Rarity, I'd be happy to attend." A sudden yawn grips the older mare as she settles backwards into her hospital bed. "I...I really don't want to you to leave... We're having" Morning Dew yawns again. "Such a lovely chat..." The mother's eyes close for a few moments before she shakes herself awake. "So just give me a minute to rest ok?" The mother tries to sit back up but Rainbow Dash puts a hoof on her shoulder and moves her back down.

"Come on mom, you need your rest, Me and Rare will come back and visit again."

"Alright Dashie, but this is the one time you get to boss me around." Morning Dew jokes sleepily, she then leans over and gives Rainbow a light kiss on the cheek. The daughter shy's away in embarrassment.

"Mooom." Rainbow Dash whines. "Not in front of Rarity, or anypony else for that matter." The other two mares just laugh at the cyan Pegasus.

Wishing Morning Dew well and saying their goodbyes, Rainbow and Rarity leave the hospital. Rainbow Dash walks cheerfully, but when she looks towards Rarity the Fashionista is looking away.

"Something bothering you Rare?" The Fashionista looks up when Rainbow talks. She lets out a sheepish chuckle.

"Nothings bothering me, it's just that. Well it's. Oh how do I say this?" Rarity mumbles and then sighs. "There's something I wanted to tell you yesterday."

"You can tell me anything Rare."

"Though not technically real, We did go on a date yesterday and the things we did on it certainly were real." The Fashionista blushes. "I just wanted to let you know that the date we went on was the best date I've ever been on." Rainbow blushes along with Rarity at her confession.

"Thanks Rare, that means a lot."

Rarity opens her mouth to speak, when she suddenly feels something besides clouds on her hooves, Looking down she sees that she seems to be rising upwards, the clouds move apart to reveal a large number of balloons rising up. Despite Rarity's weight on top of them the Balloons continue rising. The Fashionista hops off the balloons and they rise faster, soon their strings are visible and finally the pink earth pony their tied to.

"Pinkie!?" Rainbow and Rarity exclaim together. Pinkie Pie waves hello before beginning to untie the balloons around her torso. Panicking, Rarity quickly casts the cloud walking spell on her friend as the balloons are untied and scatter around with the party pony landing softly on the cloud floor.

"Pinkie! What the hay are you doing here?" Rainbow asks, still very surprised.

"Well that's a silly question, I'm riding balloons into the sky obviously." Pinkie Pie explains with a happy smile. Rainbow stares blankly at Rarity.

"Well, that is what's going on." The ace flier admits. Rarity directs her attention to Pinkie.

"I think what Rainbow Dash meant to ask is why have you flown to Cloudsdale on balloons."

"Well why else would I?" Pinkie asks. "I was looking for you two."

"Ok, I'll bite. Why were you looking for us?" Rainbow asks.

"Well most importantly Dashie, I wanna meet you mom!" Pinkie exclaims loudly, a nurse down the hall pokes her head out of a room and tells her to be quiet.

"Sorry Pinkie, You're gonna have to wait." Rainbow informs her with a frown. "My mom just fell asleep. Me and Rare were gonna head back to Ponyville."

"That's perfect!" Pinkie exclaims with a huge smile. "We were gonna go pranking today! So let's go Dashie!"

"Oh that's right!" Rainbow beams at the pink party pony. "This is gonna be awesome!"

"Yes, have fun you two." Rarity says. "I need to get back to the Boutique anyway, I told Sweetie Belle to go play with her friends but who knows what she could be up to if she stayed home. Let's get going."

"Why are you going back to the Boutique?" Pinkie Pie inquires with a tilted head. Rainbow and Rarity give her a confused look.

"I already said Darling, I need to check on Sweetie Belle, besides I have work I want to get done." Pinkie's confused look only gets worse and she tilts her head further to the side.

"But how are you supposed to prank anypony from the boutique?" the two mares stare in bafflement.

"Pinkie Darling, I'm not the one going pranking."

"Yeah Pinkie, we're the ones doing that."

"Nuh uh." Pinkie insists. "Rarity's coming too." The couple look at Pinkie like she grew a second head.

"I am?"

"She is?"

"Yeppers!" Pinkie cheers. "I've decided that's the best way to have fun so we're doing it."

"Can't really argue with that." Rainbow concedes. Rarity looks at her aghast.

"Yes you can, perhaps I don't wish to go pranking. Had you thought of that" Rarity pouts with a huff.

"Come on Rarity, it'll be fun I promise." Pinkie insists. "Tell you what, after a couple pranks if you're not having any fun you can go home ok?"

"If that is what it takes then I shall accompany you for just a little while." Rarity sighs, knowing better than to argue with Pinkie Pie.

"You know Rare, if you really don't want to." Rainbow says. "I don't wanna force you."

"I'm fine Darling." Rarity promises. "I assure you however I won't be staying long. I do have things I want to get done today."

"Well let's not waste anytime then! Follow me!" Pinkie shouts before jumping and swan diving her way through the floor. Both mares eyes widen in horror. Rarity immediately hops onto Rainbow Dash's back and the two follow Pinkie through the clouds. Coming out underneath Cloudsdale Rainbow Dash searches franticly for her friend. Upon hearing a giggle both flier and passenger look at a cloud they hadn't noticed, on this cloud is a strange flying contraption that is pink with pedals and spinning blades. Pinkie Pie sits on the seat of the contraption with a smile.

"Like it? I took awhile to build this one after Gilda broke the original but it handles like a dream. Meet you back in Ponyville." Pinkie Pie waves excitedly as her strange device flies her down toward the ground.

Now allowed to relax as their friend is in no danger, Rarity suddenly seems to realize how high up the two are as she screams and clings onto Rainbow Dash, her face pressed into the Rainbow mane. Rainbow Dash shakes her head and smiles.

"Come on, lets get you back into the cloud box so you can travel safely." The Ace flier says in a calming voice as she takes off towards the location where they left the box Rarity rides in.

Royal Library: Palace of Friendship. Five minutes later.

The Royal Library within the castle of friendship, after her previous library home was destroyed Twilight used the largest room in the newly made castle and managed to find a copy of every book she'd lost to fill it with. Though now on crystalline bookshelves, the presence of all this literature made it easier for Twilight to feel at home in this strange place. Rarity now finds herself in this place along with Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.

"Ok girls. Can you just-" Rarity looks around unsure. "Run this by me again?"

"It's really simply Rarity." Pinkie Pie says with a happy grin. "Twilight reorganizes the library every once in awhile, but we're gonna do our own kind of reorganizing."

"We're going to move the books around?" Rarity questions with a raised eyebrow. "I'm not sure how I feel about pranking a Princess though, even if it is Twilight."

"Actually that's not quite right." Rainbow Dash announces. "We're not reorganizing the books, we're gonna move the covers." Looking at Rarity's questioning expression Rainbow turns to her other conspirator. "Wanna give her an example Pinkie?"

"Okie Dokie Lokie." Pinkie salutes before running over to a bookshelf and grabbing a book. "Take this one 'An entry level course to mathematics' That's what's actually in this spot." Pinkie removes the plastic cover from the book leaving only the hard cover and then rushes over to another place and picks out a random book. "And over here we have 'The Chronicles of Marenia, The Manticore, The Zebra and The Closet'." removing the cover from this book as well Pinkie replaces it with the cover of 'An entry level course to mathematics'. She then runs over to the first book and places the second books cover over that.

"Oh I see where this is going." Rarity announces. "By moving the plastic covers but not the actual book, you're hoping Twilight will think all her books have moved around, she'll then reorganize them back to where she had them only to discover all that's moved is the plastic covering. She'll have to check every cover and reorganize once more to put them all in place." Rarity looks between the other two mares. "Are you sure that's not going to far? That sounds like a lot of work and you two know Twilight will probably have poor Spike do most of it."

"But just moving the books would be to easy." Pinkie argues.

"Yeah but think about it Pinkie." Rainbow says with a contemplative expression. "If everything goes according to plan Spike is gonna have to reorganize this whole library Twice. We're supposed to be pranking Twilight, not torturing Spike." This gives Pinkie pause, she scratches her head to try to think.

"Well, we could try this." Rarity offers. "I could ask Spike to lend me a claw at the Boutique in awhile. Having promised to assist me could
excuse him from having to reorganize. Twilight has magic so it won't be as difficult for her to move the books around as it would be for Spike." the other two mares just stare at her for a few moments before Pinkie erupts with excitement.

"That's perfect! Rarity you're a genius!" Pinkie exclaims. She then rushes off down a row of book shelves and begins randomly moving covers.

"Not bad Rare." Rainbow chuckles. "Alright, Pinkie is gonna handle that section over there, I'll handle over here and you go over there." Rainbow says while gesturing to different areas in the library. "If you find a book that doesn't have a plastic cover, those ones we're gonna swap the actual books around. Come on let's get going." Rainbow flies over to her area while Rarity moves over to hers.

Much to Rarity's surprise it does not take a very long time to complete their task, though she knows she moved every book cover she can't shake the feeling that if somepony had watched the three mares at work they only would have seen them move a dozen or so. Rarity asked Pinkie about this and the Party Pony said something about the 'Power of Montages'. Much to the Fashionista's confusion.

Leaving the Library Rarity searches for Spike, she locates the young dragon in his room of the castle, he's reading one of his comic books but looks up and smiles when Rarity comes in.

"Oh hey Rarity. How can I help you?"

"Well Spikey Wikey I was hoping you could do me a favor, I'm going to need some help at the Boutique later. I'll give you some nice gems for the trouble of course." Spike hops off the chair in excitement.

"Of course Rarity, I'd love to help! When do you need me to come over?"

"Why don't you wait until Twilight comes home? Then you can let her know where you're going."

"Whatever you say Rarity." Spike sighs dreamily. Rarity smiles then turns and leaves, Spike can see Rainbow Dash follow her once she leaves the room. Still looking at the doorway Spike is surprised to see Pinkie Pie standing there, the party pony looks at the two mares leaving and then back to Spike. The young dragon can't help but raise an eyebrow in confusion as Pinkie points a hoof towards her own eyes and then jabs it in Spike's direction before leaving. Spike shrugs and goes back to his comic book.

A COUPLE MINUTES LATER, OUTSIDE THE CASTLE OF HARMONY

"We're just leaving?" Rarity asks in confusion. "Isn't part of the fun of a prank to see the reactions to it?"

"Normally? Oh defiantly." Pinkie explains with cheer. "But if we were there to see it, Twilight would make us help." Pinkie giggles loudly. "Besides, I guarantee that if everything goes according to plan you'll hear Twilight's groan of frustration from the other side of town."

"If you say so Darling." Rarity says dryly, Not believing that to sound very fulfilling. "But anyway, what are we up to next?"

"We've got some ideas Rare." Rainbow Dash assures. "The last one we'll do with you is gonna be at Sweet Apple acres, so you'll know when you can go." Rainbow Dash chuckles. "But for right now let's get going." Rainbow and Pinkie begin walking, with the Fashionista walking closely behind.

The pranking continues for a good portion of the day, The trio of ponies work together to annoy ponies all over town. Distracting the flower ponies with gossip and balloon animals respectively the flowers at the stands are switched. An hour or so was spent following Octavia around without her noticing, Pinkie occasionally playing a short recording of a deep bass 'wub' that caused the musical mare to stop what she was doing and look around for the DJ she assumed was around. All of Berry Punch's bottles were filled with apple juice, the mare drank her entire basement clean in desperation. And as a final touch, everywhere the three had gone that day Pinkie made strange imprints on the ground and after the pranksters left a mint green unicorn would arrive, positive she was on the trail of a human right under everyponies noses. But finally came the time to head for Sweet Apple Acres, luckily the farm ponies were not home.

"Hold on a moment girls." Rarity says while looking at the two mares in front of her putting on painting smocks. "We're going to paint the apples in the orchard? Didn't you do that once before?"

"Well, yeah we did." Rainbow admits. "But Pinkie said she had a way to shake things up." A whistle is blown, causing both mares to turn and look at their pink friend. Pinkie marches up to the two with an army helmet on her head.

"Listen up silly fillies." Pinkie commands in a gruff officers voice. "Today we have a rare up beautiful scenario, a member of each pony tribe is assembled here today for one mission. Play a practical joke on our friend for the sole reason of getting a chuckle out of it." Pinkie looks down solemnly. "Alas this orchard has been pranked once before and while logic would dictate we find another means of pranking, A prank on this large of a scale is to tempting to pass up." Rainbow nods in agreement. "And while the task seems colossal as there are hundreds if not thousands of trees in this Orchard, if we preserver I can assure you we will win the day." Pinkie faces her two friends and drops the gruff voice.

"See, I realized the flaw with our last prank was that while we painted the apples many colors and designs they were still obviously apples." Pinkie points a hoof at her friends. "And what does Applejack love?"

"Uh...Apples?" Rainbow Dash answers confused.

"EXACTLY!!" Pinkie shouts while throwing her hooves into the air, all four just to show how enthused she is. Placing all her hooves on the ground she continues. "But, what does Applejack hate?" Her two companions put their hooves to their chins in thought.

"Oh I got it!" Rainbow Dash exclaims while raising her hoof. "Lying." Rarity raises her hoof as well.

"Wearing Dresses?" Rainbow nods and raises her hoof again.

"Losing?" Rarity laughs then joins in too.

"Talking fancy?"

"Math?"

"The words 'you all'?"

"Not wearing a hat?"

"Timberwolves?"

"Asking for help?"

Before they can continue Pinkie blows her whistle again.

"No,no,no." Pinkie shakes her head. "Well, probably some of that stuff but whatever." Pinkie looks at her friends. "What I meant was peaches." Both the other mares raise an eyebrow.

"Applejack hates peaches?" Rainbow asks.

"Why I had no idea." Rarity says, stunned. "Is that true."

"Yep!" Pinkie chirps with glee. "So that's what we're gonna give her!"

Rarity glances around the orchard. "You want us to paint the apples to look like peaches?"

"Yeah, it'll be great." Pinkie assures with a smile. "Watch this." Pinkie bounces up and grabs an apple from a tree, then using her paintbrush quickly covers the apple in coat. Moving away from her fellow pranksters and holding up the apple her friends are surprised, from a distance the apple looks just like a peach.

"Trust me, if we all work together we can pull this off before Applejack gets home from market." Pinkie grins. "I'll take the middle of the orchard, Dashie takes the left and Rarity can take the right. Sound good?" No questions are asked as they have limited time before a member of the Apple family returns, Both mares agree and everyone sets out to their areas.

Initially daunted by the task once she sets to work Rarity finds the work to be flying by, before long she looks to be almost half way done even while painting carefully to ensure the apple looks right. Rarity makes a mental note to ask Pinkie if she somehow gained the ability to warp the fabric of time. No sooner had the thought this when suddenly a pink face with bright blue eyes appears in the tree above her causing the Fashionista to fall down and drop her brush.

"Pinkie you startled me!" Rarity scolds the party pony as she hops out of the tree.

"Oopsie." Pinkie giggles. "It's just that I'm done with my section of the orchard and wanted to see how you were doing, not bad since it's your first time." Pinkie continues without giving Rarity a chance to talk. "So anywho I wanted to talk to you."

"Really? Whatever about darling?" Rarity questions.

"See, I know you and Dashie have this whole 'fake relationship' thingy and it's funny and adorable and all that." Pinkie sits down and gestures in front of herself with her fore hooves. "But you see we have a romance tag and I figure we gotta deliver on that." Rarity almost questions that statement but decides to see where this is going. "I care about Dashie a lot and I want her to have something real, I know you do too." Pinkie looks at Rarity in a way that asks if she understands. Rarity stares for a moment before sudden realization dawns on her.

"Oh my Celestia!" Rarity exclaims. "Pinkie Pie are you in love with Rainbow Dash? I swear I didn't know when-" Suddenly a pink hoof touches her lips and silences the Fashionista.

"Shh,Shh,Shh." Pinkie accentuates each 'Shh' with a tap of her off on Rarity's lips. "Shush, I'm not done being threatening." Rarity just blinks, Is that what was happening?

"Don't get me wrong I love Dashie, But I'm not INlove with her." Pinkie explains. "I mean would I have KILLED to pretend to be her Marefriend?" Pinkie asks while slamming her fore hooves to the dirt and clenching them, she then unclenches and smiles. "I'm not gonna answer that, but I do want Dashie to be in a non-fake relationship."

"Of course I do too." Rarity assures the party pony she defiantly isn't afraid of. "Is that why you want to talk? Perhaps we could work together to find Rainbow Dash the perfect marefriend?"

"What?" Pinkie asks while looking like Rarity grew three heads and tank tread legs. "That's a really silly plan, I have a much easier one." Pinkie pounds her chest with a hoof in pride. "I'm gonna help you fall in love with her."

"I'm sorry Darling, 'help me'?" Rarity asks skeptically.

"Well yeah, I'm not forcing anything here, we'll just see how things go with my influence." Pinkie gives a huge grin.

"Pinkie Pie, I would rather prefer you not get quite that involved in my love life." Rarity pleads, She blinks in confusion when the hoof on Pinkie's chest moves in a slight pattern. "Hold on what are you doing?" upon seeing Pinkie's hooves moving in a familiar way Rarity's eyes go wide in terror. "Pinkie Pie Don't you dare-" With one final gesture Pinkie puts her hoof to her eyes as if she's splatting a cupcake.

"I promise that by the time Morning Dew is out of the hospital, you'll know exactly how you feel about Dashie." Pinkie promises with a huge smile, her hoof still covering one eye.

Rarity can't help but facehoof, How had she ended up in this particular predicament? Once she looks up from her hooves she sees that Pinkie is gone as well as her paint supplies, to the Fashionista's surprise all the rest of the trees she was to paint are already finished. Galloping quickly back to the starting point she finds Rainbow Dash and Pinkie waiting for her.

"Bout time slowpoke." Pinkie jokes.

"Something hold you up Rare?" Rainbow Dash asks.

"I, guess you could say that Darling." Rarity says slowly, her gaze lingering on Pinkie Pie for a moment. Deciding not to inform Rainbow Dash of that interaction Rarity decides to move on. Turning around, Rarity takes in their handy work. True to Pinkie Pie's claims the Apple orchard now looked like a Peach orchard, surprisingly enough Rainbow Dash's looked really good, perhaps the best of the bunch. Rarity just takes a moment to marvel at their work... Until Pinkie Pie talks.

"Hey Dashie." Pinkie giggles. "You ever notice that peaches-" She giggles again. "-That peaches look like little butts?" Both the party pony and ace flier laugh loudly at this observation.

"Wait, wait." Pinkie stammers, her hoof holding on to Rainbow's chest for support. "Do you know what this means?"

"What does it mean?"

"We turned Sweet Apple Acres-" Pinkie Pie throws her head back and laughs. "-Into Sweet BUTT Acres!!" Both mares laugh uncontrollably again, Rarity rolls her eyes and faces her companions.

"Must you be so juvenile?" Rarity asks with a huff. The other mares stop laughing.

"Sorry about that Rarity." The two mares say in unison.

"It's fine. It was a tiny bit funny." Rarity admits. "But while this has been entertaining, I think I'd like to go back to the Boutique now if that's alright."

"Want me to fly you home?" Rainbow Dash offers.

"That won't be necessary darling." Rarity assures her. "I'm sure you and Pinkie Pie have many more plans and I must be getting back. Ta-ta for now." Rarity waves a goodbye to her friends as they bid farewell to her too. With a slight spring in her step Rarity heads home to her Boutique.

CAROUSEL BOUTIQUE, THIRTY MINUTES LATER

While Rarity would have normally taken a moment to ponder why Twilight was speaking with Sweetie Belle as both ponies seem to be waiting for her in her own Boutique, she has no time to think about anything as her mind shut off and her blood ran cold the moment she walked in and saw the gown in the middle of the room.

The dress was by no means ugly, in fact Rarity was rather proud of how it looked especially considering she'd made it last night after she got home. It has very vibrant colors with beautiful greens and blues as well as alluring Purples and reds. Every color on the dress works together to accentuate the outfit with it's simple yet elegant design, yes Rarity would actually be very proud of this dress were it not for one detail. All together the colors on the dress compose the spectrum of a Rainbow, meaning it's rather obvious what or rather whowas on her mind while making it. Rarity just stands there absolutely mortified, wondering how long Twilight had been looking at the dress and how deeply she'd read into it's creation.

This gown was not meant to be a romantic gesture, though it could easily be viewed by one by somepony making an assumption. The dress had been formed by a spark of inspiration after the date the day prier. Swallowing her nervousness Rarity walks further into the store which captures the attention of her sister and friend.

"Oh Rarity, good, you're finally here." Twilight says happily. "What's been going on?"

"Nothing to interesting." Rarity says while thinking. "Roseluck and Daisy switched market stands, Octavia is getting her hearing checked tomorrow morning and Berry Punch believes she's become immune to the effects of alcohol." Rarity lists off slowly, then looks at Twilight Sheepishly. "Well, that's just what I've heard."

"Well, ok then." Twilight shrugs, she then looks nervously at the dress in the room. "So, I guess you're wondering about this dress?" A sudden thought strikes Rarity.

"Wait a minute, I put this away. No pony was supposed to see it yet." Rarity says in an accusatory tone to the two ponies.

"That was my fault." Sweetie Belle admits. "But it was for a good cause I promise."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well you see Rarity, this Pony named Hoity Toity came in." Twilight begins, Rarity nods in understanding.

"Yeah, he was kinda funny." Sweetie Belle continues. "He said he wanted to put on a 'Fashion show to beat all fashion shows.' Thingy." Rarity immediately brightens up.

"That is absolutely amazing! Did he want me to be a part of it!?"

"He wanted to know if you were interested." Twilight explains. "Sweetie Belle assured him you were and then-" Sweetie Belle interrupts suddenly.

"I showed him the dress so he could see how good your work is." Sweetie Belle finishes with a big smile. Rarity's eye twitches.

"Th-this dress?" Rarity stammers while pointing a hoof at the Rainbow Dress. Sweetie Belle nods and Rarity's heart sinks, she hadn't meant to show anypony this dress and now the most influential pony in the fashion world had seen what was basically an accidental love letter to one of her friends. Rarity was mortified until Sweetie Belle continued talking.

"Yeah, I showed him this one. He loved it!" Suddenly all negative thoughts vanish as Rarity beams at her sister.

"He did!?"

"Uh huh." The young unicorn assures. "He wants you in the show!"

"It's true, he insisted." Twilight says with a smile. "But on the condition that your showcase closes out the night."

"This is incredible!" Rarity exclaims, squealing like a school filly. "Oh I have so much to do! I have to get some design drawn up and find models, get the materials-" Twilight cuts her off by raising her hoof.

"The show is gonna be in a few days, Hoity Toity explained that the designers don't need to create all brand new works, this is going to be a showcase off the best they have to offer." Twilight explains. "Plus, models will be provided for you."

"Well, I suppose that makes things easier." Rarity muses. "But I still have work to get done, I may need to borrow your assistant Twilight."

"No problem, I'll send Spike right over. I'm sure he'll be happy to help." Twilight smiles and sighs in relief that she was finally able to deliver Hoity Toity's message. Wishing Rarity a good day Twilight heads home.

RARITY'S WORK STUDIO, LATER THAT DAY

Rarity sits at her desk, a pencil floating in her aura. Attempting to piece together how she wants her display to go at the show. Turning around she chuckles, seeing Spike and Sweetie Belle enthusiastically discussing what dresses Rarity should use, Though Rarity isn't sure how many suggestions she'll follow if any. Rarity returns to her paper, though she is very good at her job and knows it, she can't help the apprehension she feels at having her designs in such a large show. Rarity is pulled from her brooding when a noise causes her ears to perk up.

A loud groan of frustration can be heard from the direction of the castle, followed shortly after by an angry shout coming from Sweet Apple Acres. Rarity can't stop the small giggle that escapes her lips and with her spirits lifted she returns to planning her showcase with a smile.

Author's Note:

I'd like to start this Author's note be apologizing, this chapter probably should have been up sooner but my brother has been using the laptop a lot and we only have the one to share.
I had some doubts about this chapter as I feared it was just a bunch of filler, though I think some important things happened to make it worth reading. Thanks for reading.

One last thing, as I mentioned I have a brother, a twin brother in fact and I have a special announcement regarding him. My brother has written his own fanfiction, It's called 'The Tag Team from Tartarus' and he updates it pretty often. Check it out if you feel like it, Just go to my user page and click stories and you should find it. Again, thanks for reading and I'll be working on the next chapter when I can.