• Published 15th Nov 2015
  • 1,203 Views, 12 Comments

For The Heart of A Unicorn Mare - Thomlight Sparkle 1



After the events of Galitor's attack, Thomas, Twilight, and their firends will have to a new enemy, really testing the magic of Friendship

  • ...
7
 12
 1,203

Chapter 2: Letter from the family

Thomas and Twilight were halfway to the Library when a familiar whistle was heard. "Thomas! Twilight! Great to see you back!" shouted Percy as he pulled alongside them. "How was Manehatten?"

"It was fun, Percy. But I'm glad to be back in Ponyville." answered Thomas.

"Yeah, it's nice to be back into the peace and quiet of Ponyville." added Twilight. "So how were things in Ponyville while we were gone?"

"Well, everything's been fine. Oh, and Spike got a letter from the Princess, saying that she would like to me to help out with delivering mail from the Canterlot mail yard!" Percy stated excitedly.

"Wow! That's great Percy! Working with the Canterlot mail service is a special opportunity!" exclaimed Twilight.

"I know! Delivering regular mail is one thing, but this is the greatest thing that could ever happen to me!" Percy exclaimed. "Well, I've got to go now, it's was good to see you 2 again!" whistled Percy as he went his own way. Thomas couldn't help but smile big for his best friend. Soon they arrived back at the library and were greeted by Spike.

"Hey guys! Good to see you back!" called Spike.

"Great to see you too Spike! So what happened here while we were gone?" said Twilight.

"Not much, although, Harrison Ascot came here, looking for you. " replied Spike.

Twilight groaned after hearing Harrison's name. She had quite enough of that brood Stallion trying to impress her or try to win her heart. "Man, that stallion just doesn't wanna give up. Why can't he just leave me alone!?"

"Harrison's that bad?" asked Thomas, he had been told about Harrison by Shining Armor a few weeks ago and wasn't too pleased about the Stallion's posh attitude.

"More like a real pain in the flank, Thomas! That jerk just won't leave Twilight alone! He often kept sending love letters to her!" stated Spike, with an annoyed tone.

"What happened to those letters?" asked Thomas.

"Oh, I threw them away, or I burnt them." answered Twilight. "But seriously, he just is so obsessed with me!"

"Okay, So Spike, what has Luke been up to?" asked Thomas.

"He's been out doing some odd jobs around here. He often returns very tired, I tell him that he should take a break, but he doesn't listen."

"Well, that's Luke for you, he just wants to show everyone what he can do." said Thomas.

"You know, we should visit Shining Armor and Cadance sometime. I'm sure they'd love to see us again." said Twilight. "And at the same time, tell him about Harrison."

"Yeah, Harrison will think twice if he tries to get you with Shining Armor by your side." said Spike.

Just then, the door opened again and Luke came inside. He looked very excited for something. "Thomas! Twilight! You're back! And just in time too! I was one my way back from town hall when the Mayor told me to give you this letter." Luke then showed a letter resting on his bufferbeam, which Twilight picked up with her magic and opened.

"Dear, Twilight and Spike,
We heard about you getting married and couldn't be more proud to hear about it. We would like you to come to the Starlight Prance Mingle, along with your friends. Shining Armor, Cadance, Twilight Velvet, and Night Light are also planning on coming. So it can be like a big family reunion. We hope to see you, Spike, and your special somepony too.
Signed, your Aunt Starshine and Uncle Moontorch.

"The Starlight Prance Mingle!? That's one of the greatest mingles in all of Equestria! Next to the Grand Galloping Gala!" shouted Spike.

"Yeah, we should get ready to go soon!" added Twilight.

"Twilight, I don't think we should go." said Thomas, with a look of concern.

"What? Why do you say that?" asked Twilight.

"Your Uncle and Aunt haven't seen me. And they're probably expecting a stallion, not a tank engine! Do you know how they could react to seeing me?" said Thomas.

"Come on, Thomas. It won't be that bad! Besides, our friends, Shining Armor, and Cadance are coming too! They can put in a good word for you!" said Spike.

"Well, I don't know.." said Thomas "Well, what do you think Luke?"

"I say you should go. I'm sure Twilight's uncle and aunt will warm up to you. Even with how you defeated Galitor!" Luke said. Thomas pondered for a small bit and soon he sighed.

"Alright, I'll gather our friends." said Thomas.

"YES!!!" shouted Spike as he did a silly victory dance.