• Published 28th Oct 2015
  • 4,727 Views, 92 Comments

Blazing Life In Equestria - CroisSunnyPlay



My world is gone. My memories are confused. And yet, I can't seek help from the heroes. In that case, I'll have to go to the villain.

  • ...
26
 92
 4,727

Chapter 5 - Blank

{Third Person}

Applejack and Rarity stood in the waiting room of Ponyville's hospital, waiting for news on their shy pegasus friend. A heavy, worried silence hung over them, leaving only the normal sounds in the hospital to fill it. Each one desperately wanted something to break that silence, but the events that happened earlier were still firmly imprinted on their minds, constantly reminding them why Fluttershy was in this predicament in the first place. Deep down, none of them wanted to believe a young filly could be capable of such a vile act, but here they had witnessed just that.

They were broken out of their reverie when Dr. Stables finally approached them after having gone check on Fluttershy. The two of them stood, fearing any sort of bad news, but those thoughts were dashed when the saw the reassuring smile he had on.

"You can calm down now, ladies. We did a full examination on your friend, but besides a little exhaustion due to loss of some blood, which is curious since we didn't find any wound on her, Miss Fluttershy seems to be in perfect health." The two of them let out a relieved sigh, but still wanted to find out a little more.

"Are y'all sure about that, doctor?"

Dr. Stables hummed as he took a moment to clean his glasses. "One hundred percent. It's quite an interesting fact to be honest, we scanned and inspected her completely, but nothing turned up. She in fact woke up halfway during the tests and seemed confused about an apparent lack of a wound on one of her front hooves, according to her own account she stepped onto a sharp rock and cut herself. Sadly it seems she has a short term memory loss, as she says that she can't remember anything past that point."

The first thought that Rarity and Applejack had was that the strange filly used that dark magic of hers to manipulate Fluttershy in some way. They would have to get Twilight to check that.

"So, how is she at the moment?" Rarity asked.

"Right now she's sleeping, like I said she had some minor exhaustion, but she should be good for visits in a few hours max. You are welcome to wait here if you wish, and I'll have the staff inform you two if she wakes up."

"Thank you doctor, we're going to do just that." Rarity said, nodding in thanks to the doctor. Stables nodded back and trotted off to continue his work as the two mares sat back down, this time with lighter hearts knowing that their friend is alright. Now they just had to wait for the others to show up and explain what the doctor just told them.

Meanwhile inside the room, Fluttershy shivered a little as a second mark of a lightning bolt faded in besides the first, right before a pair of tiny, almost unnoticeable fangs grew on her mouth.


Discord sighed. He felt guilty for abandoning his friends like this, both the old and the new one, and it deeply hurt him to watch Fluttershy get hurt like that. But despite all that, he couldn't interfere. Not this time. Some time after Blaze (Bruce) ran into the forest, Blaze's (pony) spirit appeared before him. It would be confusing for any other, but he was the Spirit Of Chaos. He ate confusion with chocolate milk.

Back on topic, Blaze had explained the situation to him, and strictly prohibited him from helping. Apparently, all of what's currently happening must happen, so her souls can finally merge properly. Even if this wasn't supposed to happen in the first place, Blaze now had two souls in her body, and the dissonance between her human and pony soul could eventually kill her. She must learn how to dominate all of her powers alone, so the magic could fuse the souls into one properly as it should have been.

It wad a hard decision to make, but for his friend, he had to do it. From time to time he would open a magic window to observe Blaze's progress through the forest. Right now she seemed to be in front of a town in the middle of the woods, which shouldn't have worried him all that much, since he was very knowledgeable about the areas around Ponyville and the Everfree Forest by now. But still, he was worried, and his worry came from the fact him, Discord, in all his knowledge...

...had never heard about a village in the Everfree Forest.


Sunny Town... I don't remember hearing anything about this. I know I was still fairly new in the fandom, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't a mention of a town inside the Everfree Forest anywhere. Well, I'm still quite tired, so resting in a town, even if it's still inside the forest, seems better than the alternative. Remembering what I did a few probable hours prior still made my insides twist with guilt, and with a small sigh, I stepped past the sign.

Looking around showed the place to be apparently abandoned, but everything seemed to be in good enough condition. Maybe everypony is just asleep? I took a deep breath to calm down the trepidation I felt. Why does this place feels so... Off?

Ignoring that feeling doesn't seem to be a good idea, but I'm tired... Spotting a cart full of hay, I approached and hopped inside it, curling up tightly. My cybernetics felt pleasantly cool to the touch, but not enough to make me shiver. I noticed that I can still feel things with them, but it was a little dulled, like picking things up while wearing gloves. Somehow I knew the reason for that was because they were linked directly to my nervous system. Clearing my mind from that train of thought, I let sleep take me.

I floated in a void. I was back in the darkness, but this time there was no call. It was just... There. I didn't feel any fear, I didn't feel that I was suffocating like the first time, and most importantly, I didn't feel so tired anymore. I know it's a weird concept, but this time... I felt like the darkness was stroking me. Unseen limbs ran through my head and back in comforting motions, and I also felt like I was being gently held by someone. I could hear silent whispers on the edge of my perception, and even thought I couldn't distinguish them, they still gave me a sense of safety.

D̶͔̦̏̔̈́͊̄̓͝o̴̡̪̙̯̺͋̃̈́̅̈́̆̉̏̈́̕ͅǹ̸̛̩͒̈́͂͂̏͗̊̿̄̊̋̋̿͆̚̕'̸̹̗̳͚̦̘͍̪̗̜̦̜̃͋̔̀̄͛̀̅͛́̀̎̈͝t̷̡̢͖̳̥̻̹͇̘̓̔̚ ̸͖̼̥̫̠̹͕̯̼̆͛f̵̨̯͉̫̜͎̖͚̟̪̻̉̔͜e̷̢͎̻̰̝̖͕͖̭͔̹͇̰̝͍̊̉̏̚̚ͅa̸̩̫̞̼͍͈̼͔̪̟̥̦̯͕͓̎͑̿̂̂̂̀̒̉͆͊͂̅̐͋̈́̿̈́̚͜r̵̛̖͈̮̲͔͕̖̘̠͔̓̌̒̓̎̑͆̎̾̈́́͆͆̋͂̕̕ͅ ̷̜̰̻̟̗̗̫̘̳̒̓͐̾̈́͂͆̕͜͝͠ͅû̵͔̤͔̼͙͙͉̟̹͈̘͙̪̮̥̯̝̖̞̏̽̋͋̈̒͒͗̀̚s̷̢̢̛̻̥̱̳͉̻̿.̵͕̮̤͍̠͚̦̗̠̪̣̗̤͊͗̈́̽͌͗̓̔̓̏͘͝ͅ.̷̢̞̪͙̮͉̫͙̯͖̘̠͈̔̆́̍̐̌͆̒̇̉̈͒͂̅̋̾̕͘͠.̴͕̻͓͍̺̫̼̠̻̥̝͌̈́́̆̃̀̓̀͋͒̊̐͗̆͠͠

Ẅ̸̨̧̨͚͓̦͇̦͓͇͚̬̦̯̼́͒̽̌͐̓͒̒e̷̱̠͔͋̈͂͗͑̓̔͋͝͝͠'̴̤̣̻̟̫̳̟̰̹͗̐̚ļ̵̦̩̟̟̗̫̗͈̙͇̘͓̳͒͊̈́̒̏̊̍̒̊̉͒̈̽̕͘͝l̴̨̛͗̊͂ ̴̹̼̙͈̬̠̞͕͔͕̹̠̹̼̪̃̿̈̂̒͆͛k̴͔̲̦͈̠͙͕̅̃͆̉͂̃͠͝ę̶̡̧̹͖̙̮̹̤̙̭̲̗͓͙͛͊͝e̵̡̩̙̞̫͂̿̈́͂̾̓̔̂̔̚͝p̷̮̟̣̩̦͉̦͎̪̟̚ ̷̖̏̐̒̅̂́́͗̅͌̐͌͌̕̕y̶̨̗̲̖͔̩̠̠̼̤͙̋ǫ̸̠͉̦̳̝͍̙͗͌͋̀͒́̊͜ư̷̫̪̣͖̙̬̜͓̥̘͈͖̩͗̊̂͂͐̃̉̏͗͐̽͊̄͘͠ ̶̣̩͉̖̫̻̼͉͎͉̇̀͒͗̒̽̃̅̾̔̎̃̏͘̚͝s̸̛̳͎̹̖̺͐̀̽a̵̡̧͍̞̹̲͚̘̜̙̐͜͠f̷̢̡̨̛̛̫̦̬̙̰͖̞̟̹̤͓͍̿͆͛̈́̀͗͆̾͝ͅe̶̢̧̲̪̠̭̳̤̰̟̦̘͈̮̓͊̌͑͋͒͠͝ͅ.̷̡̜͖̣̰̣̟͉͓̖̭̾̏͆̑̂̅̔͜.̸̩̍̐̏̇̆̃͂̏.̵͚͕̗̖̖̺̳̯̲̼̹̯͍͕̩̔͊͗̄̈̄̊̚͘͘

Y̴̠̹̯̪̦̫̏̓̂͘͘͝ͅò̵̯͖̮̫̹͙̩̠͈͉̦̺͑̒̉́͝ͅͅų̸̨̺̘̯̻͑̑͒̀̀̈́̓͝͝͠ ̵̨̒̋̾͆̅̏͋̏d̷͔̙̳̗̙̑̎͂̑̀͜ơ̸̥̭͖̱̜͎̜͈̰̘̥̟̝̌͌̀̔͊͑̀̽̌̎̅͂̋́͜n̸̡̛̞͓͈̗͉͖̗͓̟̮͚͗̓̿͂̀͝ͅ'̶̢̦̋̄͠t̵̛̞͇̪̦͕̩̣̭͙̲̍̐̑̿͑̑͑̄͌̃͂͗͜͠͠͝ ̵̗̩̘̮̱̳̩̼̰̫̬̩̄̈́̓̈́̓͊͊̕̚͜͝͠ͅn̶̢̧̨̰̬̭̪̞̭̲̝͙͓͆̒̀͌́͐̅̃͛͗͝͝ę̸̧̧̥̩̟̞̬̠͗͂͆͗̅͝͠ͅę̷̡̧̗̘̝͚̱̥͈͐̂͋̿̾d̴̪̼̲̯̲͈̅̈́͛̚ ̷̢̪̫͎̩̬̠͇̼̝̩̼̖̥̇̔̐̈́́̇̅̈̔̑͝͝͝t̶̡̧͕̮͔̳̥̱͔͔̻̭̘̃̌̂̐̌̊̏́̌͛̃̂̈́͗͝o̷̧̯̭͎̼͚̮̪̖͇̣̩̘͋̎͑͗̀̈́̄̑́̄̿͑̿́͜͝ͅ ̶͉̮̦͉̣̩̪̪̐̋̒̈́͘͠ͅb̴̫̪̼̙̺͈͙̐͛̔̂̋̋̍̾̽̈́̑̓͝e̶͚͈̹̞͔̦̮̹͒̃ͅ ̴̡̺̙̭̝̰̥̪̮̤͙̪̻͖̉̌̆̿͜a̴̡͈̋̈́̏̅̎͋͌͂̑̂̌̉̚͠f̵̡͍̟̺̭͉̯̺̦͕̻͖̰͖̱͒͐̓͗̊̌́͗͘r̴̢̛͎͙̲͎̩͈̪͔̝̖͓̪̳̬̮̆ạ̸̮͔̳̻̖̠̩̳́͛̓̽͆̏͂͜ͅî̵̧̢̩̩̘̪̜̙͐͆̈́̓̓̋̏̏̎͐̐̚͜d̵̺̻̟̯͙͙͔̮̓̈́̓̑̕̚͠ ̴̳͍͙̥̤̖͉̖̪̠̮̓̊̈́̓̎̾͒͐̒̄̕ͅȍ̵͍̝͓̯̥̙̘̀f̸̨̜͓̞̲̦͇̘͈͉̟̹̝͍̙̭͊͆͘ ̵̨̤̮͓̟̪̮̮̭͔͙͇̃t̶̡̹͙̙̓͗͐̈́̀̽̽̈́̅͝ͅȟ̸̝̯͓̬͆̋e̶̡̹̺̘̯̳͎̝̠̱̲̙͇̣̐̓͋̈́̈͜ ̵̰̪̲̥̤̩̝̟̲̼͈̭̦̏̈́̑̏̔̆͛͛̈́̀̾̾̕̕͘ḑ̶̞͚̝͎̲̰̫̬̟̝͚̝̥̹̪̽̎̆͝a̵̡̛̱̮͎̮̟̝̝̖̲͍͈̟̳̲͂́̓̅́̆̈́̕ͅŗ̵̢̫͚̜̭̜̱͎̌̂̇̀̈̆͑̾̋͝k̷̢̡̛͚̟̮̰̭͐̍̋̾͒̄̉̋̂͜ ̵̛͕̺̐̀͗͋̈́̒̋́̍͋̾̚ą̶͓̣̗̒̃̋̑̀͑̽͌̓̔̔͊̇̍̚ņ̵̪̩̟̪̠͈͙̦̲͈̉́͋̔̑͗̚͜͠͠͝y̶̖͍͙͇͊m̸̺̠̜̙͎̹̬̱͈͙͎̓̽̎̄̃̽̚͜͝ô̸̢̡̢̨̼͉̫̞̫̙̱̟̞̳͎̈́̽ŗ̸̰͉̗̲͕̝͙̙̜̞̳͎͔̞̔̊̃͛̀͘e̵̡̨̛̛͈̳̠̠̹͈̞̳̓͋́͌̽̏̂͂̀̌̈́͋͠͠.̶̺̬̈́̾̂͑͛̾͂̍̒̏̕͘͝.̶̱̒̎̒̂̽̾́͘.̴̧̱̗̰̗̮̬̀͑͂̎

B̴̨̳̭̣̻̫͚͕̮̘͙̤̠̬͌̌̐̈́̕ͅe̵͔̠̙̙̪̭̞̰̞̰̜̎̆̒̈̚c̴̨̗͇̭̺͕̉̆̆́͒̉̔͑͠ǎ̸̧̛͉̹͉̱̬̓͂̑̃̇̐̽̆͋͘͝͠͝u̷̡̢̡̦̩̰͎̦̮̫̳͉̬̪͌͌͊̀̓̈̿̈́̋͘͝ş̴̡̘̥̜̖͎̠͍̜̦̪̻̈́͐̃̽́̋̎͘ȩ̴͉̰̭̘̙̜͍͍̼̜̹͒̽̄̄̄̅̏͌̋͗̀̏̕͝ ̷̢̡̛̣̲̬̤͇̼̙͔̤̹̼̀͋͛̏̉̌̾͘͝͝t̵̢̙͖̳̭̓̉͊̄̍̊͊͗͂̄̊̈́h̵̢̙̺̹̙̥̪͙͎̳̱̳͙̩̳̯̐̐̌̅͝e̶̡̧̺̮͖̍ͅ ̵̍͊͒̈͐́̿̋͆̈́͒͘ͅd̸̖̱̬͙͑̓͗̋̔́̆͂ą̸̯͖̐ͅr̶̟̳̖̹͚̞͚͋̐̆̃̄̐͊̽̈́͑k̵̰̫̭̫̝̳͉̲͔̻̤̝̲̤͎̐̂̓̿́̕ ̴̤͚̩̟̜̹͔̪͓͈̙͍͇̏̓̀̓̐̓͋͑̀̀͝ì̷͎͓̤̭͇͙̙̠̭̼̻͔̳̖̽̊͑̉̾̂̒̃̿̆̒͘͜s̴̘̥͍̪͖͖̦̗͑͐̓́̆̈͒̉͝ ̷̛͇͈̯̲̥͙̝̣͎̔̇͂͆̑̄̊̂̂̓̔̕̚͜͠y̴̧̧͎̙̲̠͔̞̪͎̼͖̻̐͂̑ọ̶̢̣͕̣̬̺̯̹͖̣̇̅̓͒̏̈͊̿ͅu̶̢̹̝̲̰̦̎̈́r̷͔͕͍̬̳̲̓s̴̯̤̦̗͗͛̇̽̌͆́̒̓̏̀͑̚͠ ̵̭̏͑̉͂̄̍̎̀̅̍t̷̲̪̼̟̊̑̆̑́̌̋̎͒̍̾͑̈́͠͠ỏ̴̳͎̺̲͍̝̀̓̀̀͑̍̔̕͜ ̸̨̺͍͚̼̺̗͐͝c̴̫̄ỏ̸͔̮̟͊̒͠ḿ̸̡̡̠̪̪͇̣̱͖̘̗̗͉͑̌͝m̴̧̨̯̬͔͙̦͇̤͆͌̄͆̃͌̒̅͛͒̍͝á̷͙̗̓̋̈͠͠n̵̪̖͍̣̺̫̞̈́̽̆̑d̴̛̫͍̺͙̙͈̂̿̈́̑͐̓̈̿͊̉̈̋̈́͘͜ͅ.̷̧̖̬̣̹̳̤̦͔̗̪͖̞͇̯̇͂̄̈́͛̈͊͂͛̓͑̈́͜.̵̨̖̼͙͓̮͔͉͗̚ͅ.̴̭͍̓̿̈̒͋̈̂̔͠

I sighed in contentment. The dark... Doesn't seem so scary anymore.


Meanwhile deep into the darkness, two glowing orbs floated, one a cyan blue and the other a deep red, connected to one another by thin strands of light.

Suddenly, one of the strands glowed a little more brighter before becoming slightly more thick, causing the two orbs to drift slightly closer to each other.


Morning arrived far too fast for my liking. Sunlight hit my closed eyes, causing me to let out a groan.

"I'm a nocturnal creature now sun, leave me alone..." I mumbled.

"Hello!"

"WAUGH!!!"

The sudden voice beside my ear startled me to the point my wings shot open, flinging hay everywhere. After calming down from my Jackie Chan moment, I turned to look at the one who disturbed my rest, only to come muzzle to muzzle with green. Green everywhere. The eyes, the mane, the face, everything was just different shades of green. I jerked back slightly to glance at the pony better while she (the eyelashes were visible) just kept smiling at me. I decided to respond as eloquently as I could at the moment.

"Abuh...?"

Indeed, eloquently.

"My name's Green Forest, and I'm the official town greeter! And right now I'm greeting you! Greetings!"

Wow, I would have never guessed it. I took a deep breath before stretching for a moment to give my brain time to properly asses the situation, then jumped down from the hay cart and turned to face the pony. Actually scratch that, I was just facing her chest. Gotta remember I'm small now, barely half the size of an adult pony. Yes, I made Blaze that small because I thought it looked cute, had I known this would happen I would have made a teen instead of a filly...

I tilted my head up to give her my name, but I was swept off my hooves and into a hug before I could.

"Awww, you're so adorable!" I heard Green Forest squeal in my ear. "With you fluffy ears and your little bat wings!"

Now let me tell you this. Sensitive hearing can be a good thing for most, except when a shrill noise goes off right next to your head. Her squeal felt like it was stabbing into my ears. Thankfully, before I could go deaf, we were interrupted by somepony else.

"Greenie, could you maybe not squeal in the little one's ears like that? Look, she seems to be in pain."

"Oh no!" Green gasped before dropping me and apologizing. "I'm sorry, I just ge excited around new ponies!"

Sounds like a distant relative of a certain pink mare...

"It's fine..." I said, rubbing one of my ears. "I'm Lightning Blaze by the way."

The stallion nodded and stepped forward. "I'm Wave Ocean, and as I'm sure you already know, this is Green Forest."

Wave was a blue pegasus stallion with a deeper blue mane that had faint white streaks on it, like ocean water. I feel like I should be sensing a pattern here, but I'll shelve that for later.

"Now that we have properly introduced ourselves, mind explaining what a little filly like you was doing sleeping in that hay cart?" Wave asked.

Now that question got me. I can't exactly tell them I was chased out of Ponyville because of a string of incidents that were out of my control. I don't want to lie to these ponies that are being so nice to me, but I guess I have no other choice. I decided to go with something that would be believable, and patly true.

"I... Was strolling through the woods and got lost... I found this town, but I think everypony was asleep, so I climbed on this hay cart to rest and ended up falling asleep..." My ears even flopped back against my head for added effect. Damn, I'm surprised at my own acting.

"Oh poor dear!" Green said, once again sweeping me off my hooves. "Don't worry, you can stay here in the town for as long as you like! Oh, I gotta present you to everypony!"

After that she started dragging me from place to place, listing off names like Cool Edge, Diamond Dust, Marble Garden, Spring Yard, Mistic Cave, and others. I had the sensation I was missing an inside joke somewhere. That aside, everypony seemed really friendly here, but some smiles seemed forced for some reason. Although I could swear there were a couple of red eyes watching me from the darkness, I dismissed it as there was something else bothering me.

Adults and foals alike, none of them, not a single one...

Had a Cutie Mark.

Author's Note:

rises out of a coffin
SUNNY IS NOT DED!!!

Although I am badly squashed by this big writer's block, I am still trying to pump out content for my fics, so don't worry! They are coming.

As always, please tell me in the comments your opinions, suggestions, and if I made any errors.

By the way, anyone who gets the not-so-hidden joke gets a special bread.

Stay sunny, everypony!