• Published 28th Oct 2015
  • 4,755 Views, 93 Comments

Blazing Life In Equestria - CroisSunnyPlay



My world is gone. My memories are confused. And yet, I can't seek help from the heroes. In that case, I'll have to go to the villain.

  • ...
26
 93
 4,755

Chapter 3 - Darkness

{Bruce's POV}

I stared in horror, hoof still stretched, as Pinkie flew into a wall with her nose bleeding. How strong am I!? The others too stared in shock, before looking back at me. Rarity and Twilight were in disbelief. Fluttershy seemed scared, but worse of all were Rainbow Dash and Applejack, who were outright glaring at me. I took a step back and tried to form words to apologize, but couldn't. Rainbow decided to get in my face.

"Hey, what did you do that for!? We came here to check in you, you know? Is this how you repay us!?"

I was about to apologize again but a sharp pain shot through my head again. I grabbed it, faintly aware of my screaming as the scene in front of me started to shift and change into something similar but different.

It was a memory.

***

{Blaze's POV}

I was trembling, having accidentally punched one of the scientists on the face... H-he seemed to have a broken muzzle from the strength of my punch... Oh no... There's no way I am getting out of this without punishment... The rest of the scientists rounded on me, anger clear on their eyes. I knew exactly what their intention was, but I begged nonetheless.

"P-please, I'm sorry! I-I was just startled, that's all! I didn't mean to-"

"Subject B14-Z3!" I flinched as the lead scientist used my full designation. His name was Dr. Drip, he was a brown pegasus stallion with a black name, his eyes were a deep red and his cutie mark was a drop of blood. "I am very disappointed in you, we came here to check on you, you know? Is this how you repay us!?"

I shrunk back from the anger on his eyes. The doctor is normally a calm and collected stallion, and not much seem to phaze him. But every time he gets angry, it was like being face to face with a Timberwolf...

"I-I..." Was all I managed to croak out, but it didn't seem to be enough for him, as he pulled out of his lab coat what we all here in the lab call 'The Dreaded Red Button'. My eyes widened as I started to unconsciously claw at the metal collar around my neck. "W-wait! Please no! Forgive me!" But my begging fell on deaf ears. Drip pressed the button.

And then all of my world was pain.

***

{Third Person}

Rainbow Dash flew back in shock as the filly grabbed her head and started screaming, eyes scrunched as if in terrible pain. She didn't even touch her! Was this some sort of acting to escape punishment? If so, it was very convincing. At that moment, the rest of her friends seemed to register the situation.

"Rainbow Dash, what did you do!?" Twilight asked in panic.

"Hey, I didn't even touch her!"

As the two of them started to argue, Discord looked in concern at Bruce- no, Blaze. He should start using his- now her- new name to prevent slip ups. If his theory was right, then Bruce's memories are conflicting with Blaze's... Since the two are one and the same, her very being is at war with itself, trying to imprint forcefully the correct memories in her. That was not healthy, if this keeps going, there's a risk her mind will break, making her go into either a coma or insanity, none of which Discord wished upon his friend.

His train of thought derailed completely when he noticed the air around Blaze began to shift. The shadows around her seemed to stretch closer to her hooves as a faint purple smoke began to flow from her closed eyes, and a dark aura seemed to wrap itself around her body. When Discord finally understood what was happening, he was thrown back by a wave of Dark Magic, being the closest one at the time. This didn't go unnoticed by the ponies present, and Twilight gasped as she looked at the filly.

"That's... Dark Magic!" She said in shock, making the rest of her friends go wide eyed.

"Ya mean like that Sombra had? This here filly can use it too!?" Applejack asked in surprise. The only response she got was a gulp and a fearful nod.

"It hurts!" Blaze screamed. "It hurts so much! Make it stop! MAKE IT STOP!!!"

Nopony could do anything when the Dark Magic exploded outwards from her body, trapping everypony on the blast radius into their worst nightmare. From an outsider perspective, a black dome had suddenly formed in front of the hospital, scaring anypony who was luck to not be caught into it. Discord had rapidly teleported a few feet away, only catching a glimpse of Twilight hastily throwing up a shield around herself, which he was sure would not last long under the onslaught of all that Dark Magic. He would have tried to do something, but the reason why his magic didn't work on Blaze, was because Chaos Magic had no effect on Dark Magic. He could only try to contain it from outside the dome to prevent it from spreading further over the town and hope Blaze came to her senses before she lost herself...

***

(Inside the dome, Bruce's POV)

It's so... Dark in here... The pain is still there, I can feel it, but... It's lessened now. There's no sound in here. No light. And yet I could still see and hear myself. For how long have I been floating here? Seconds? Minutes? Maybe even hours...? It's hard to tell. Where even is here?





...






Do I even have to care?






This Darkness... It's different of the one from before... It's soothing... And making the pain lessen even more... My thoughts are still all jumbled, but I don't care. I don't need to think right now. I can just let the Darkness take my problems away... I finally noticed how tired I felt. Not physically, but emotionally. The Darkness is calling out to me. It's telling me to go to sleep. It will take all my worries away. I would be at peace. Peace is good. I want peace. I started closing my eyes. I can finally rest...

"You can't..."

I opened my eyes with a start. I heard a voice, and it came from behind me. Doing my best to maneuver myself around, I came face to face with... Myself. Well, not exactly myself, but Blaze. There she was, floating in front of me, a perfect copy of this body. Only, she seemed to be wearing a sort of metallic collar around her neck , and she also seemed a little... Transparent. My mouth worked up and down, but no sound was made. She gave a sad smile.

"Howdy..."

"..." I could only stare at her. Am I going crazy?

She shook her head. "You're not crazy..." That startled me a little. Did she read my mind? "Yes..."

"Gah! Don't do that!"

She giggled at my reaction. I rolled my eyes but couldn't help letting out a short giggle too. She walked- well, more like floated- in my direction. We stared at each other for what felt like ages. Her mismatched eyes looking into mine in a staring contest that seemed to go on until-

Boop

Scrunch

"..."

She... She booped me. I went cross-eyed to stare at the ethereal limb poking my muzzle, having scrunched it instinctively. Blaze was smiling innocently. Slowly, the realization settled in. I have been booped. I have been booped! I flopped on my back and flailed my hooves around while I screwed my eyes shut and shouted up to the darkness.

"REEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Childish, I know, but I really didn't like being booped. Blaze herself was giggling uncontrollably, but I don't blame her, were our roles inverted I would be giggling too. We calmed down after a full minute and went back to a sitting position to stare at each other. I had several questions, but two jumped to the forefront of my mind.

"How and... Why are you here...?"

She smiled sadly. "Since we're basically one and the same, I managed to establish a link between our souls to talk to you."

"S-so you're-"

"No," She interrupted me. "I'm not dead. I am you after all, but... It's complicated..."

In that I could agree. Everything about this was extremely complicated, and I don't think my poor head would be able to handle any complex explanation.

"As for why... There's a few reasons actually. First, I must tell you to try and control your power, you're hurting others..."

I would have dropped to the ground if I wasn't already sitting. Not even a day in Equestria and I was already causing trouble... I was snapped out of my darkening mood by a hoof on my shoulder.

"It's not your fault, you don't know how to control it..." I nodded hesitantly before she continued.

"Second..." She bit her lip and looked away. That didn't sit well with me. "I'll... I'll have to lock away some of your memories..." There it was. That scared me, but I kept from reacting too badly. I needed to know the reason.

"Why and... Which ones...?"

She considered my reaction- or lack of- for a moment before answering slowly. "Future knowledge is dangerous... I'll have to lock all your memories of the show... But don't worry. Messing with someone's brain may be dangerous if not done properly, but I know how to make it safe. I'll still allow these memories to 'leak' through the lock, so you'll experience them as visions. It will not only be safe, but useful." She gave a tentative smile. I considered what she said. On one hand, I really didn't want my brain messed with, safe or not. On the other, I could understand why she needed to do it. Where I to be captured by someone who can read minds, they could easily use the information they find to drastically alter the future. Me being here has probably changed enough things as is...

"Alright, I understand... It's for the best, isn't it...?" I said with a sigh.

She frowned. "Just because it's for the best, doesn't mean we must like it." She said, making me smile faintly. She looked around the darkness before sighing. "Our time is running short, I won't be able to maintain this connection for much longer, so I'll tell you one last thing." She waved a hoof, a map of Equestria appearing in front of me. "To the Frozen North, in a cave close to the Crystal Empire there's something that will help you..."

"Wait, you don't mean..."

She nodded. "You will find Sombra's horn in there, the last piece of him that's left. As soon as you touch it, your own Dark Magic will be able to revive him, but don't worry. The light of the Crystal Heart has purified his spirit, so he won't be evil when you bring him back. He'll help you control your dark powers so something like this," She waved a hoof at the darkness around us. "doesn't happen again."

I nodded hesitantly. Bringing Sombra back could spell a whole lot of trouble for me if I did it, but it's not like I'm not in trouble already. I did basically assault one of the mane six and used Dark Magic on the others, however unintentional as it was. Having someone to teach me how to control it will be beneficial though, even if getting there will be a hassle. I just hope I'm not banished somewhere if I get caught... Blaze floated over and hugged me. I stood there for a moment before returning the hug.

"There's one thing I want to do before I go..." She whispered on my ear. I pulled back slightly and looked at her.

"What is i-" I didn't get to finish as I suddenly had the sensation of a pair of lips against my own. My eyes went wide, my breath stopped, and I'm pretty sure I heard the sound of glass shattering somewhere. Blaze is kissing me. Like a god damn professional too! This is SO wrong...

Brain, status report please?

'Blarghflurgenta...'

Thankfully, before my brain could short circuit completely, she pulled back. She giggled a lot at my confused and slightly horrified face before speaking.

"I have ever wondered how it would be like to kiss myself." She said smugly.

Oh, that cheeky-

***

The black dome slowly began to recede, revealing four of the mane six shivering on the ground with tears on their eyes and a panting, wide eyed Twilight inside a severely cracked shield, sweat dripping down her face.

I gently floated down to the ground as the dark energy wrapped around me like a calm flame before seeping into my body harmlessly. Were I to look at my eyes in a mirror when I opened them, I would see the blue haze seeping from the sides for a moment before it stopped.

The ponies that didn't get caught inside the dome all stared at me uneasily, making me squirm a little. I glanced at Discord, seeing him sigh in relief that no one was hurt seriously. I turned my attention to the mane six, wincing as I saw them shivering on the ground before my gaze locked on Twilight. Many emotions were running behind those purple colored eyes, confusion, curiosity, concern, fear, but none of that really registered as I focused on something else behind those eyes.

A small spark of anger.

I couldn't take all this, I muttered a quick 'I'm sorry' before turning and taking off towards the Everfree Forest...

Author's Note:

Oooooooof, it's been too long. Sunny apologizes for that, life doesn't forgive. Dad was hospitalized for an entire week and one of my aunts passed away last month...

Well, things are slowly getting back on track, so Sunny should be able to upload more chapters for the fics.

The fic now takes place right before the Magical Mistery Cure episode for those who may ask.

Sunny leaves now. HAVE SOME BREAD.

Question: Should Sunny make a Q&A for this fic or any others?