• Published 23rd Oct 2015
  • 1,539 Views, 2 Comments

MLP/LBT: The Stomping Grounds - Jongoji245



Our dino pals from the Great Valley interact with the Human Equestria

  • ...
5
 2
 1,539

The Haunting Hour

Well after the Friendship Games, there haven't been any signs of magical phenomena. After a relatively warm October, the cold times finally began to creep in, to the point where the inhabitants breathed out a "ghost sense." This didn't matter, with Halloween approaching, each student at Canterlot High would try to scare each other.

But one student has been taking this a little too far. Having experienced supernatural events three times already, Trixie adds a little more to the fire. The student magician would leave scary posters in her classmate's lockers, novelty items in a desk, and somehow in the Principal's file cabinet. One time, Pipsqueak was walking with Featherweight and Twist when a goblin jumped in front of them. Scaring the daylights, they dropped their books and bags and ran as fast as they can.

Trixie pulled off her mask, "Trixie, the Great and Fearless strikes again."

One lunch period, the Rainbooms, Crusaders, Maximals and Twilight gathered in one table.

"First photobombing, now scaring us?" Said Sunset as she rubbed her temples.

"Trixie can't pull off all the surprises" - Said Pinkie Pie - "I'm the one with the surprises."

"And I must say that she has very poor taste." Added Rarity.

"She did ruin my silent auction." Fluttershy whispered, though her angry expression implied otherwise.

"Yeah!" - Rainbow Dash exclaimed - "Trixie replaced the cracker jacks with streamer toys!"

Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Cosgrove began to snicker.

"That one was actually funny." Apple Bloom chuckled before being given a glare from Scootaloo.

"So... What are we going to do about it?" - The Human Twilight asked.

"We'll give her a taste of her own medicine" - Answered Rainbow Dash, wrapping a hand around her fist.

"How?" - Applejack leaned forward - "Trixie probably done everythin' possible."

"Maybe to a human..." - Rainbow Dash circled her hand

"But not to a dinosaur!!" All of the others, except the Human Twilight, finished

"Dinosaur?" - Twilight cocked her head - "Where are we going to find a dinosaur? They're extinct."

The school bell rang, ending the lunch period.

"Not the ones we know." Cosgrove gave out a toothy grin.


It's now Halloween night, and Trixie was just about to have the biggest scare fest she ever pulled off. Discord and his daughter Screwball have locked the school doors and walked away. The prankster slowly opened the door and crept out into the hallways.

"The Great and Fearless Trixie," - Trixie curled her fingers together - "ready to pounce!"

Trixie walked around the empty school, going through every nook and cranny as a possible hiding spot. But every spot she waited, no one was around for her to scare.

"Trixie has no one to scare," - Trixie began to succumb to the fear of being inside - "and when she has no one to scare, Trixie gets frightened herself..."

Suddenly, a shadow loomed over her. Trixie looked up before a winged figure swooped down towards her. Immediately she screamed and ran to another hall when before spotting three small vicious monsters growling at her. She tried to reach the Girls Restroom before noticing a massive shadow of a horned, three fingered monster started walking out. The magician now scrunched down as ominous sounds filled the hallways.

"You better believe..." - Trixie sang weakly - "I got tricks up my sleeve..." - she begins to turn around - "and I captivate because I'm powerful and-"

In the next area of darkness, she found a pair of blue-green eyes staring at her.

"Oh, it's you." - Trixie calmed herself - "Lost any pets in school?"

The owner of those eyes didn't answer, but instead "grew" taller. Trixie stepped back as a pair of slimy monstrous feet appeared in the light.

This was something no one has seen. The head appeared elephantine, a stiff upper torso with "wings" jutting out from the sides attached to another creature holding a bone in its mouth. Trixie screamed and immediately ran to the front doors. She pushed the handlebars in desperation, never realizing that they were already locked. Trixie turned around to find the "tar monster" hulking towards her at a somehow good pace.

"Get away!" - Trixie hunkered down - "Get way from me!!!"

The monster wrapped the tip of its trunk around her hood and pulled her a good height off the ground.

"Help!" - Trixie begged -" Help!! Anybody around here, help!!!!"

"Trixie," - squeaked a young voice - "it's us!"

Trixie slowly opened her eyes and twisted her body. She found Ducky, Ruby, and Fluttershy drenched in some form of slimy material before giving her a chuckle. Looking down, she found Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Spike, and Littlefoot joining in the laughter.

"What is going on?" asked Trixie as she dangled around when she found Sunset walking around the monster, - "Trixie demands an answer!"

"Much as we love Halloween, scaring people to death shouldn't happen every day." The fire-haired teenager answered as the other contenders revealed themselves to be Petrie, Chomper, the Crusaders, and the Maximals as they made a silhouette of the bathroom monster.

"And also, Trixie there are always bigger fish." Added Applejack

Noticing that the "trunk" was actually a noose, Trixie curled her body upward and untied the rope, causing her to fall onto the tile floor. Pinkie Pie wrapped an arm around her.

"The joke is okay the first time, but when you do it too much, it becomes stale." Pinkie Pie finished.

Trixie began to tear up as she looked at her classmates and foreign dinosaur inhabitants.

"Trixie is sorry for what she has done and would like to make up for her troubles."

Cosgrove tossed her a mop, "We promised Principal Celestia that we keep the school clean."

As the person gestalt made it's way to the showers, the Maximals, Crusaders, and Trixie mopped up the trail.