• Published 23rd Oct 2015
  • 1,543 Views, 2 Comments

MLP/LBT: The Stomping Grounds - Jongoji245



Our dino pals from the Great Valley interact with the Human Equestria

  • ...
5
 2
 1,543

Flip Flap and Fly

In a grassy field near Fancy Pant's private airstrip, Rarity, Sweetie Belle, Button Mash, and Guido sat on a picnic blanket while looking up at the sky.

"See anything yet, Rarity?" asked Sweetie Belle

Holding a pair of zoom binoculars, Rarity answered, "Nothing yet, deary."

"Button?" Sweetie Belle turned to find Button Mash playing on a portable console, clearly ignoring today's event.

The Crusader lowered her shoulders, a scared look on her face should anything go wrong up there. A jade green hand was placed on her shoulder.

"Don't worry, Sweetie Belle," - Said Guido - "Petrie knows more about the sky than anything else, he'll help Scootaloo out at any-."

"AH!" - Rarity pointed to the sky - "There they are now!"

Five thousand feet above ground, a private jet cruised along the blue sky. Inside the plane were Rainbow Dash, Spitfire, Soarin, Rapidfire, Fleetfoot, Thunderlane, Cloud Kicker, Rumble, Scootaloo, Bulk Biceps, Cloud Chaser, with Petrie and his nine siblings.

"Five minutes before reaching the drop point." Announced Wind Rider in the pilot seat.

"All right, guys," - Rainbow Dash announced - "I know what you're thinking, that you must be crazy to be jumping off a plane. But on my first try, I just jumped out without even a second thought. In fact, our guest of honor had a story like that, right Petrie?"

The crowd looked at one of the younger kids, who became confused before Petrie himself stepped forward.

"Me braved a very mean Sharptooth before me knew how!" - Considering that they knew what a Sharptooth is, they cooed in amazement.
"If Petrie can do it, so can you!"

"Yeah!" - Rainbow Dash added - "So let's get out there and make the largest group skydive ever!"

As soon as Rainbow Dash finished, the red light buzzed green and the doors opened, revealing the world beneath.

"YEAH!!!!" - Screamed Bulk Biceps before charging out the door.

One by one, each of the passengers jumped off the plane, eventually leaving only Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, and Petrie's family.
Scootaloo became excited to skydive with her hero,

"Let's do it, Scoots!" Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo jumped off the plane, followed soon by the group of Fliers.

Performing a nosedive, they quickly caught up with the others as they made a series of stunts. Petrie, literally a master of the air, performed a series of spins that were copied by his friends and family. In her excitement, Rainbow Dash "grew" a pair of wings and tail.

At the end of the song, all of the sky diving group except Rainbow Dash opened their parachutes and slowly descended to the ground. Sweetie Belle ran up to her fellow Crusader.

"How was it?"

"It... Was..." - Scootaloo jumped a few feet in the air - "Awesome!"

Petrie walked up to Scootaloo, "You may not have wings, but you still fly!"

With that complement, Scootaloo hugged the flier before noticing Rainbow Dash land on the ground, her wings and "tail" disappearing. The sports captain gave a thumbs up to her biggest fan, causing Scootaloo to show a large grin.