• Published 23rd Oct 2015
  • 1,544 Views, 2 Comments

MLP/LBT: The Stomping Grounds - Jongoji245



Our dino pals from the Great Valley interact with the Human Equestria

  • ...
5
 2
 1,544

Threehorns are the Best

Near the barn at Sweet Apple Acres is a large obstacle track used to give the horses some exercise. While a chore from time to time, there is quite some fun for the experienced rider. Near the gate is a chalkboard that displayed the fastest obstacle times. The highest time was Applejack by two minutes, thirty-five seconds. Following that was Big Mac and Apple Bloom respectively, with Sunset, Cosgrove, and Rarity below them respectively; learning to ride a horse is basically riding a four wheeled bike, a living breathing one, but a bike nonetheless.

With Labor Day Weekend, Apple Bloom now had the free time to break her record. On that Saturday before, the Sophomore rode one of their horses across the obstacle course, jumping over hurdles and trotting quickly between barrels. Big Mac kept a keen eye while holding a stopwatch. Next to him were Cera, who looked in confusion as she watched the human guide an animal through the obstacle course and her half-sister Tricia on the fence watching with delight. As soon as she crosses the finish line, Apple Bloom pulled the reins, slowing the horse to a stop. She watched her big brother mark her time. As soon as he moved around, Apple Bloom's face was just about to beam until she got a closer look at the record. She did beat Big Mac's old record, but just missed Applejack's record by one second.

Before she could asked, Big Mac answered, "Bumped a barrel."

Disappointed, Apple Bloom dismounted the horse and walked it back to the barn, with Cera and Tricia following her.

"I was just this close-" - Apple Bloom gets her fingers a quarter of an inch apart - "this close to beating Applejack's record."

"Well, being close is better than nothing." - Cera stopped Tricia from going too far - "Maybe with a little more practice you could beat your sister's record."

"Aw, thanks, Cera." - Apple Bloom removes the bridle from the horse's mouth - "You're just as optimistic as Pinky Pie."

Cera blushed before raising his nose up, "Well in my world, you're a Threehorn and Threehorns can do anything they set minds to and be best at it."

Apple Bloom was just about to unstrap the saddle when she turned her head around. As honesty runs in the family, the young farmer gave the even younger Triceratops a look.

"If only that were true." Apple Bloom unstrapped the saddle and began carrying to the rack.

"It is true." Cera rebuked before sitting Tricia on one of the haystacks.

At the end of the song, Apple Bloom's ears and "tail" disappeared before the three children began to laugh, not notice Applejack leaning on the open door with a smug look on her face. Big Mac carried a bucket of apples when he stopped and watched the group of children.

Without looking away Applejack asked, "Ye think Threehorns can do anything?"

Big Mac kept his usual blank stare before continuing his work.

"Nope."

Author's Note:

Would it be weird to say that if I described Cera's human form she would kinda look like Applejack?