• Published 12th Nov 2015
  • 802 Views, 25 Comments

Spirits: All You Need is a Sunny Day. - Enderdragonslayer1



Sunny Days just accepted life in equestria, however, new enemies started to appear. Will she be able to handle this?

  • ...
3
 25
 802

Invasion

A few weeks passed while I was stuck as a foal; those were humiliating weeks. Since the Joke’s cure didn’t work completely, my foster mother would come by and check on me every few days, thankfully no longer joking about my predicament. During that time, I did a little research on alicorns to find out why the cure didn’t work completely. One thing I found out is that alicorns has an inert resistance to magic. Another thing I learned is that alicorns age much slower than any other species in equestria. I theorized that I was only part alicorn before, enough to look like one but not enough to have every trait an alicorn has. But now, I’m fully an alicorn, though there isn’t enough evidence to support it. Anyways, I was flying home from Zecora’s after reporting my findings to her in the middle of the night when I felt something constrain my wings, causing me to plummet. I closed my eyes in fear, thinking it was the end for me, only for something to catch me. Opening my eyes, I saw what looked like changelings. Before I could come out of my shock, they put something on my horn before covering me in some kind of green goo. I started to charge a spell when I felt a nasty shock go up my body, causing me to yelp in pain and pass out.


“Ugh,” I groaned as I opened my eyes. Looking around, I noticed I was in a cell of familiar crystals, bound by the same goo that they covered me in before I fell unconscious. After a few moments staring at the crystals, I realized something important, ‘Those crystals, they are only found in one place, the crystal mines under canterlot…’ I thought with dread. I tried to move my legs to my neck so I could activate the enchantment on my necklace, but to no avail. After realizing that I was stuck here with no way to get out, I just sighed and said, “At least it can’t get any worse,” something that I would regret later on. Then I mentally facehoofed, ‘Duh! I can cast magic!’ I started to charge up a spell when I felt a shock pass through my body, forcing me to cancel my spell so it would stop the pain. ‘Or maybe not…’ Sighing, I decided to get some sleep, hoping that this was just a twisted dream.


I was walking around a ruined Canterlot, trying to find out what happened. A few minutes later, I came across the body of a white alicorn that I recognized as my foster mother. “NO!” I yelled as I ran to her side, crying into her coat.

“Sunny….” a voice said, causing me to look up.

“Who’s there?” I asked. Suddenly, a ghost like figure of a bearded pony with a wizard's hat appeared.

“Hello, Sunny,” the figure said.

“Who are you?!”

“Who I am… doesn’t matter right now. What you’re seeing right now is the future that awaits you, and only you have the power to stop it,” he told me as he waved a hoof at the scene around me.

“S-Stop what…?” I questioned, “What power?”

“You’ll know in time, for now, just rest.” The image started to fade as I realized that this was only a dream.


”Sunny?” a voice said, causing me to stir, ”Sunny, can you hear me?” As I started to wake, I looked around for the voice that caused me to wake up, when I found nothing, I started to drift back to sleep when I heard, “Sunny!”

“Hello…?” I asked, my mind still waking up, “Who’s there?”

“Sunny it’s me,” the familiar voice said, my eyes widening when I realized who it was.

“Mom?!” I asked, “How long was I gone for?”

“A few months,” this caused my eyes to widen even further, “I’ve been worried sick.”

‘A…. a few months?! That can’t be right, I could of sworn I was out for a few hours.’ I thought with dread, worried about how much worry I caused by disappearing. Taking a deep breath, I asked, “Do you think you can send a detachment of guards into the mines under canterlot? I recognized the crystals down here.”

“I’m sorry, the mines closed down years ago due to collapsed tunnels,” she informed me, “I can’t send any down.”

‘Great,” I thought before saying, “Well, then I’m stuck here until I’m found, then, as my body is restrained and there is something preventing me from using my magic.”

“Buck,” I heard her mutter before hearing something that sounded like struggling, “Gah! What are you doing?!” before the connection was severed.

“Mom?” I asked, getting no answer, “Mom? Can you hear me? Buck….” I cursed. I started to struggle against my bindings in an attempt to get out, only to fail. Sighing in defeat, I was about to lose hope when I heard what sounded like voices. Yelling as loud as I could, I yelled “Help! I’m trapped!” As the voices stopped, I started to hear hoofsteps speeding towards me, revealing Twilight and another alicorn, this one was Pink with a blue heart-like cutie mark.

“Sunny!” Twilight exclaimed, “You’re ok!” After they managed to get into the cell, I was embraced by Twilight.

“Um, Twilight? Could the reunion wait until I’m free?” I asked, causing Twilight to blush in embarrassment.

“I guess you’re right,” she managed while she worked on getting me free, starting by taking a ring-like object off my horn.

“Um, Twilight, I’m thankful that you’re here and all, but I was told that the mines were closed down due to the dangerous environment, thus nopony could come down….”

“I didn’t come here on my own free will, I was forced down here by an imposter Cadance,” Twilight grumbled. Not even asking who Cadance is, I just waited until Twilight gotten the goo off of me, allowing to stretch my legs and wings. “We need to get out, something is happening in Canterlot,” I informed them. With Twilight taking lead, we started to try and find a way out of the mines, running into dead ends and collapsed tunnels every few minutes. Finally, after what seemed like hours, we finally came upon some wooden boards blocking the path with light pouring through the cracks. I started to pour magic into my horn, using it to try and move the boards out of the way, with no success.

“Come on, help me get the boards out of the way,” I said, not able to do it myself due to the lack of nutrition, leaving me too weak to do anything except for a simple telekinesis spell. Together, Twilight and who I assumed was the real Cadance, poured magic into their horns while I rested to catch my breath. After a few minutes, they got the last of the wooden board out of the way, allowing us back out into the outside world. Taking a look around, I noticed a barrier around Canterlot. “Come on!” I told Twilight and who I assumed was Candence. Taking lead, I started to gallop up the mountain, with Twilight and Cadance in tow, However, I tripped and fell about ten yards up, causing me to roll back down the mountain. I would have rolled all the way down if I wasn’t caught in a lavender aura, stopping me inches from the edge. Lifting me onto her back to rest, Twilight and Cadance continued to gallop up the mountain. After a few minutes of running, we made it to the entrance, where a guard ushered us in after seeing how weak I was. Dropping me off at a hospital, Twilight told me that she and Cadance was going to head up to the castle to stop something. Ten minutes passed as I started to drift into unconsciousness when I heard yelling, along with a changeling busting into the room I was in. Too weak to fight back, I was easy picking for the changeling. I didn’t even have the strength to move as he, I think, started to wrap me in some green goo, the same kind that they trapped me in when they first caught me a few months back. After the goo solidified, he lifted me up and started to carry me out. After a short trot up to the castle’s throne room, I first noticed Twilight along with the rest of my friends guarded by a few changeling. What I noticed next, however, angered me to the bone. Lying at the base of her throne with numerous gashes on her body was my foster mother. Though I completely lost it when I noticed there was a pool of blood forming around her body and staining her fur. With a yell, I felt energized, as if I had a limitless supply of energy and magic at my disposal before blacking out.


As I came back to the waking world, I felt a strange yet familiar presence around me. Opening my eyes, I noticed I was back in the hospital with my mom at my bed side, with her bandages barely visible against her white fur. She didn’t seem to notice I was awake. “Mom?” I called out, feeling drained.

“Yes, Sunny?” she asked with a obviously worried tone.

“W-what happened?” As she was about to answer, my friends came into the room.

“Hey, Sunny,” she stated simply, “Feeling better?” despite my drained state, I managed to nod.

“Hello, my faithful student,” my mother greeted. Turning back to me, she started to tell me what happened, with Twilight filling in on details she missed…


several weeks earlier…

When Twilight noticed Sunny, she had a hard time containing her rage. However, her expression turned to shock when a silver aura started to form around Sunny. With a yell, everypony in the room felt a wave of power never felt before, on par if not stronger than the princesses’ magic combined! A few seconds later, after Twilight noticed Sunny’s eyes turned pure silver, the changeling and the goo containing her exploded outwards, freeing her from her gooey prison. With skill and power nopony seen before, she started to shoot blasts of magic at every changeling in the room. As the beam hit each one, they disintegrated immediately. Only half a minute had passed and almost every changeling were piles of ashes or retreating. Queen Chrysalis, however, wasn’t going to let a mere foal stop her. Noticing her charging, Sunny shot a blast of magic at Queen Chrysalis, blasting her back. During that time, Shining had made it to his wife-to-be and they connected their horns, causing a blast of magic to emit from their horns, blasting away the changelings into the badlands. However, that blast also threw Sunny into a nearby wall, knocking her out as the aura around her dissipated. Getting out of her shock, Twilight galloped over to Sunny, checking her for injuries, when she found none, she quickly moved over to her mentor, who was just waking up…


“Wait, I did that?!" I asked doubtfully. After several nods, I decided to just lay down and just hope that this was only a dream. I will definitely be scratching my head the following week about what just happened.