• Published 12th Nov 2015
  • 802 Views, 25 Comments

Spirits: All You Need is a Sunny Day. - Enderdragonslayer1



Sunny Days just accepted life in equestria, however, new enemies started to appear. Will she be able to handle this?

  • ...
3
 25
 802

A Past Life

The train ride back was long, five hours in fact. During that time, I caught up with my friends. I even showed them my new sword. After another half hour, we arrived back in Canterlot, my first time in a long time. We were greeted by Mom, though, thankfully, I’ve put back up my hood. When she noticed me, she raised an eyebrow but said nothing.

“I knew you could do it,” Mom said simply.

“Yes, but it wasn’t me that got the Crystal Heart to Cadance. However, not all of us made it back,” Twilight said in a depressed tone. Mom must of finally noticed that I wasn’t there.

“W-where’s Sunny?” Mom asked, near tears.

“Sombra got to her,” Twilight hung her head. I knew it was all just an act, but I hoped Applejack didn’t drop the charade.

“My only regret was the fact that I didn’t get there in time,” I said in an equally depressed tone. Mom suddenly looked at me with surprise.

“Come, we’ll continue this in a more suitable location.” Me and Twilight looked at each other before following. After a few minutes, we entered the gardens.

“Please, tell me everything that happened,” Mom said. While I sat there, my friends told her what happened “I...I still can’t believe she’s gone,” Mom said while tears flowed down her face.

“That….isn’t entirely true,” I said with a cough. Mom looked at me as I lowered my hood.

“S-sunny?” Mom asked with a gasp.

“Yes mom. It’s me.” We embraced each other for a good ten seconds. “I guess everypony wants to know what happened?” I asked, to which I got several nods. “Mom, think you can help me out with the parts that I don’t remember?” I asked, getting a smile in return. I smiled as I got ready to tell what happened.


I was awoken to the sounds of birds and running water, maybe a river? Anyhoof, I opened my eyes only to immediately close them because of the blindingly bright sunlight. I tried to open them again with better success. I then tried to get up only for pain to flare up all four of my legs, causing me to cry out in pain.

Maybe the bones in my legs are broken…? I mused through my pain. I tried to use my magic to make some makeshift splints for my legs only for nothing to happen. A few attempts later I remembered the dark crystals on my horn blocking my magic.

Great.... I thought bitterly. My line of thoughts were interrupted when I heard a branch snap off to my right. I swiveled my head in the direction of the sound to see a much larger white alicorn with a pink mane and tail. I immediately tried to get away only to be picked up and held close to the young alicorn. To my surprise, she started to rock me!

“It’s ok, little one,” she said in a soothing tone that vanquished my fears, which caused me to slowly stop struggling, “I won’t hurt you.” When she said this, a memory resurfaced, this mare reminded me of Mom quite a bit, when I first met her, before she adopted me. As she continued to rock me, I found it harder and harder to stay awake. I snuggled closer to her during this time, a feeling of safety and warmth washing over me. Only a few minutes passed before I started to drift off as “mom” forced it’s way out of my mouth. The last thing I remember seeing is the mare’s warm smile looking down at me.


“Mom, is she going to be ok?” my younger sister, Luna, asked as we watched Mom work with the filly. Said filly had several bandages on her body and had several broken bones, mainly the legs. Mom had already changed each of the bandages already and was now making a brew to help her get her strength back once she woke up.

“We did all we could for her, all we can do now is wait,” Mom replied before turning to me, “Celestia, can you get the yellow medical herbs please?” I gave her a nod before heading to our storage room. I got the herbs and reentered the room before checking the filly’s temperature. My eyes widen in shock.

“Mom! She’s burning up!” I called out. Mom immediately came over to check for herself. Quickly getting a cloth, she drenched it in cold water before putting it on the filly’s forehead. It was at this time that I noticed the black crystals on her horn.

“Mom, what are those crystals doing on her horn?” I asked. She took a look at the filly’s horn before her expression turned to shock.

“These crystals are pure black magic,” she said in a panic, “Whoever did this really wants her dead.” At this very moment, the filly let out a yawn before her eyes opened.


I don’t know how long I was out for, but when I came back around, I felt a cold sensation on my head while a conversation went on near me.

“Mom, what are those crystals doing on her horn?” the voice that I heard before I passed out asked.

“These crystals are pure black magic,” somepony said in a panic after a few moments, “Whoever did this really wants her dead!”

I tried to stay as still as possible so they didn’t know I was awake, but my body betrayed me by yawning. Having no choice, I opened my eyes to see the sight of not one but three alicorns: one dark green with a large, light green mane and tail with a flower cutie mark, the alicorn that found me before I fell asleep, and a small, dark blue alicorn, most likely the youngest, with a light blue mane and tail. The latter looked familiar, but couldn’t put my hoof on it. I then noticed the fact that all three of them are larger than me, this led me to the conclusion that I was a foal, again.

“Hello, little one,” the green alicorn said, but before she could continue, I felt my fight or flight instincts activate as I tried to get away from her, fear in my eyes.

“Mom. Let me try,” the white alicorn said. I started to relax when she took a step forward. There was something about her that made me feel safe. Letting my instincts guide me, I gave her a nuzzle when she got close enough, surprising her in the process before giving me a smile.

“What is your name, little one?” she asked, causing me to tense up.

“S-sunny Days,” I managed to get out while I looked up at her, trying to play the part of the young foal that they saw me as. She must of noticed my tensed state because she gave me a nuzzle before laying down next to me, allowing me to snuggle up next to her. After I snuggled up next to her, I started to feel that odd feeling of safety and warmth again, as if I was her daughter. I released another yawn while lying my head on her forelegs. I started to hear singing that I recognized as the lullaby that Mom always gave me when I couldn’t sleep. If fact, it was the exact lullaby she would sing me. As the song went on, I felt my eyes get heavier and heavier. I released another yawn before my eyes closed on their own accord, effectively putting me to sleep.


After the young filly fell asleep, I took a look at my mom and asked her a silent question.

Can we keep her?

She thought about it for a few moments before giving me an answer, “Sure, but she’ll be your responsibility, ok?” I nodded vigorously at her response, glad that we weren’t going to leave her out in the cold in her injured state. “And besides, it looks like she taken a liking to you.” I just responded to that by nuzzling Sunny. Releasing a yawn myself, I rested my head on the bed as my eyes started to close, but not before I put a leg and a wing over Sunny, pulling her into a hug.