• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 5,362 Views, 310 Comments

The Other Journal - Ganondorf8



My name is Sunset Shimmer, and I wanted to speak to the human Twilight about a closely guarded secret. I have a journal... one that contains secrets... personal secrets about my life from past to present...secret feelings about my friends...

  • ...
17
 310
 5,362

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 17: Meeting the Competition

Day: Monday
Weather: Sunny
Time: 10:09am

After my "conversation" with Fluttershy where I discovered that she found the missing crown and took it to Principal Celestia, I decided to bide my time and simply wait for it to become mine upon becoming the Princess of the Fall Formal. Naturally, I was a shoo-in, as no one else was going to oppose me. At least, that was what I originally believed, until I discovered the truth when I paid a visit to Pinkie Pie, who was in charge of the Fall Formal Committee. After criticizing her lack of decorations, in addition to having apple cider, which was nothing short of disgusting, she revealed that someone else had written their name down on the ballot sheet, giving me some competition. When I looked at the ballot to see who had the audacity to try and take what was mine, my eyelids closed slightly, as the name was none other than Twilight Sparkle. So the upstart had decided to follow me into this pathetic world after all. That's when it clicked: Twilight Sparkle was the mystery girl from before. Guess I really am going to be showing her the ropes and teach her a lesson about what happens to those who try to deny me what's rightfully mine.

The Other Journal
By Ganondorf8
November 24, 2015
Chapter 17: Meeting the Competition.

As I made my way towards the gym, where Pinkie Pie was busy putting up all of the decorations for the Fall Formal, I just couldn't get the image of that girl who had the nerve to stand up to me out of my mind. While her dress was tacky beyond belief and looked like something from the 1980s, she had this aura surrounding her that I knew from somewhere, but I still couldn't grasp where I've seen her before. It kept eating away at me. I needed to determine if she was going to become a threat to my rule. And then there was the other issue that involved Fluttershy. While I thoroughly enjoyed degrading her down to quivering jelly, my worst fears were realized when she told me that she had delivered the crown to Principal Celestia after failing to figuring out who it really belonged to. Because of her interference, my plans have been slowly going slightly off-kilter, but I could easily regain my balance by simply playing a waiting game.

There was no need for me to simply demand the crown, as I knew Principal Celestia wouldn't budge on such a request, another reminder of how similar she is to my former mentor. Instead, I was just going to wait for the Formal to come around, which was in about a day or two, and then be crowned princess just like I've done every year since I first started attending this school. Thanks to a combination of my own manipulative ambitions and the somewhat reliable Snips and Snails carrying out my tasks without a moment's hesitation, no one desired to compete against me, which was exactly how I like it. Only I was allowed to become princess around here, and everyone knew it because, regardless of the principal's presence, I made the rules around here. Once the crown becomes mine, and once I place it upon my head, I would gain more power than I could imagine and become a true princess, who would show Princess Celestia that she was wrong to have denied me so long ago.

Before reaching the gym, I just so happened to run into my loyal minions Snips and Snails, both of whom had been spending these past three years under my service as my lapdogs, doing whatever I tell them in exchange for having some kind of power that involved playing pranks whenever they wanted. Despite their brains being, well, lacking, they were fiercely loyal to me, and I suppose I could consider them "friends", even though they were merely tools with which to further my own goals. Judging from the snickering they had on their faces, they had done something childish, which meant nothing to me, but I decided to humour them, if only to give them some sense of satisfaction over their actions.

" I take it you two have been doing your usual thing?" I asked.

" It was really great, Sunset Shimmer! We spray-painted someone's art project, and when they saw what had happened, we both couldn't stop laughing over how funny it was. But, it turns out that he wasn't upset or anything. He actually thought the improvement was better. Oh, well. Even if he did end up getting a good grade, the two of us feel pretty good." Snips answered.

" And we even used Grade-A spray-paint too!" Snails added.

" You two are real pieces of work, you know that?" I asked, sarcasm clearly in my voice. These two were subtle when it came to dishing out their pranks, and while they never wanted to cause any real harm, which did make them far too soft for my liking, they were clearly in it for having fun at the expense of other people. Their childish antics did serve to further weaken student morale, so what they were doing was acceptable in my books. That being said, they also had their devious moments, which usually came out whenever they had to perform a task for me. What they lacked in common sense, they made up for in obedience, yet sometimes they did have problems with restraint. They tended to overdo things. " Anyway, I'm not here to congratulate you on whatever it was you did. I need you two to come with me to the gym. We've got to see Pinkie Pie about my upcoming coronation." I said.

" No one is going to try and compete against you." Snips said.

" Yeah! They'd be dumb to do that!" Snails added.

" And I have you two to thank for digging up so much on my would-be competition." I smiled.

" It's just so much fun seeing the looks on their faces whenever their secrets get exposed, but then, it's their own fault for not wanting to share them with the rest of us in the first place. They could avoid so much stress." Snips said.

" However, you two really do need to be more careful when it comes to actually getting the information I need." I said. While Snips and Snails were good at what they do, at the same time, they did have trouble maintaining what I would call "shadow mode"; they aren't subtle towards eavesdropping, taking photos with their phones, recording video footage using their phones, and even spreading false rumours. " You almost got caught a few weeks ago, and despite how loyal you two have been to me over these past few years, who knows what you might blab if Principal Celestia gets her hands on you? In fact, you've both been pretty lax when it comes to subtlety lately, and it has me concerned that maybe you've got ulterior motives." I said.

" Well, Snails and I have been thinkin' about this relationship we have with you, and we were wondering if we could have more." Snips said.

" Yeah! We want to have more!" Snails added.

" More of what?" I asked.

" We want to have a bit more power. While we do enjoy pulling the pranks and stuff, and we enjoy your protection, we both want more power so we can be big shots. That's why we've been sloppy lately: we know you can give us power, and our help is what keeps you going, I think." Snips answered, scratching his head as though he wasn't sure if what he said was accurate or even had an ounce of truth. I had to give them credit for wanting more out of this, but at the same time I was furious that they were potentially risking my dominance over their own needs. These two are just like everyone else in this school--mine to do with however I saw fit, and should my minions forget their place and attempt to usurp me, they would go down like the rest. After all, I can easily let them take the fall, and get away completely unscathed. After all, that was always something I intended to do.

" You want more power?" I asked, speaking in a sultry voice so as to get their attention. " I suppose that you two do deserve it. After all, if not for you, then my rule over this school would have taken much longer to accomplish. But you need to remember that I am the only one who gets to call the shots!" My expression went from sultry to angry in the span of a second, which made Snips and Snails cower slightly, but then I resumed my sultry expression because I wanted to get something across to them. " Once I have gotten my hands on the crown, I guarantee you two will get the power you deserve. Until that time comes, you'll continue to do whatever I say, and for your own well-being, I suggest you shut up until then. Am I making myself clear?" I asked, staring at each of them with my right eye twitching slightly, giving my look an intimidating, if somewhat crazy, finish.

" Crystal clear." Snips answered.

" What he said." Snails added.

" Good! Now that we've got all that settled, come with me to the gym. I have need of my "enforcers" to make sure that Pinkie Pie is doing everything correctly for my coronation. I've already had one problem today with one of those girls, and I'm not about to allow any more of them to give me further grief. If there's anything you see in the gym you think doesn't match up to my expectations, feel free to take care of it in your usual manner, but don't go overboard." I said. Snips and Snails then gave me a salute, while I rolled my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose before signalling them to follow behind me. Sometimes, I wished that I could have chosen better students to become my minions, as these two clearly were missing some brain cells. I guess, though, that they were better than the alternative: students who were just as cruel and manipulative as I was.


" Wow, you didn't think too highly of Snips and Snails, back then." Twilight said.

" While they did have their problems when it came to intelligence, they definitely had pure hearts, which I ended up corrupting with promises of power, encouraging them to continue with their pranks along with getting me information, which I used to destroy friendships." I said.

" Did they ever see you as a friend, or rather, I should say, did they stick up for you when you fell from your perch?" Twilight asked. I didn't like how her analogy depicted me as some kind of grounded bird, but I knew that she had a basic understanding of what happened, even though we haven't gotten to the real meat, as it were.

" Snips and Snails stuck with me because they were promised power which I would deliver unto them. But when everything I had built up crashed all around me, they would abandon me just like that, saying they were manipulated just like everyone else was, and Principal Celestia bought it. Despite how much I respect her, this was something which I still hold a grudge over, but she had to give them the benefit of the doubt. Did I deserve to be abandoned by my so-called "friends"? Yeah, I did, because I used them, just like everyone else at CHS, and when they were welcomed back with open arms from the other students, I was alone once again, just like when I was a filly." I answered. Twilight then tried to wipe away my tears by using her own tissue, as mine had already been used, but I raised my hand and showed her my lack of tears. So, instead, she snuggled closer to me, which made me feel better. Deep within the recesses of my heart, I knew that being alone had really messed up my life, my very existence.

" Didn't you have anyone you could turn to?" Twilight asked.

" I did, but the problem was that, even though they forgave me for everything that I did to them, they weren't about to forget, and I knew they had every right to call me out by reminding me of what a horrible person I used to be. Apart from them, the others shunned me almost immediately and even began treating me in the same manner that I had treated them mere days before. Funny how things can turn around just like that!" I answered.

" You should have told Principal Celestia that you were being victimized." Twilight said.

" I could have done that, but I didn't want to, because they deserved to treat me like dirt, so I merely resigned myself to my fate and allowed the pieces to fall where they may. It became the lowest point in my entire life, yet it needed to be done so that they could get it out of their systems. While I was punished for my actions and overcame them on a physical level, my emotional state would never be the same again, and it was that experience that would take a long time to heal." I said, stopping when I heard the sound of someone sniffing, so I turned my head towards Twilight, and discovered that she had been crying during my recollection. I then used the tissue she had planned to use on me and wiped away her tears gently before holding her chin in my hand. I then gave it to her so that she could blow her nose, as a small bubble formed on the inside of her nostril, which made me gag slightly. She accepted it and blew her nose with a loud HONK before she gave the tissue back, and I threw it away appropriately. " I do regret not telling Principal Celestia, but it gave them an outlet to voice their displeasure over me. But I'm getting too ahead of myself. This is all stuff I'll be talking about later. Remember that it all worked out in the end. Otherwise, we wouldn't even be having this conversation."

" It isn't right, though." Twilight said.

" Twilight..." I said.

" No one should have to suffer emotionally, even if they had been doing that to people for years. All it does is continue the cycle of hatred. You were horrible to them, so they did the same thing in kind, then you would get back at them for making you miserable, and then they would find some way to get back you, and then--" Twilight said before I cut her off, my hand covering her mouth. She did, however, spend a few moments mumbling incomprehensible words.

" The cycle was broken much sooner." I said.

" Oh, well, but my opinion still stands." Twilight said.

" I know, but let's get to the subject at hand, as we've gone off on a tangent. Snips and Snails at that time were loyal to me because they knew they could get away with anything, so long as they were hanging out with me. They were surprisingly resilient, as I often berated them over even the smallest of details, but this didn't deter them from carrying out my tasks without question. Other students feared them because of their connection to me, yet some thought they were sucking up in order to get some kind of perk, but that was never the case. They wanted to befriend me of their own volition." I said.

" And because you coerced them?" Twilight asked.

" Yeah, that too." I answered, blushing with embarrassment. " Anyway, I was about to encounter both Pinkie Pie and Applejack in the gym, as the former was getting everything ready for the Fall Formal, while the latter was delivering cases of fizzy apple cider alongside her brother Big Macintosh, but this was a minor conversation at best, as there was something even bigger which would take place after I left the gym."


As Snips, Snails, and I approached the double-doors which lead into the gym, I was able to get a glance of the decorations Pinkie Pie had been using in preparation. I wasn't impressed at all with the results, so I was going to make sure to scold her for her shoddy work. Considering that I was the reigning princess for the last three years in a row, I was allowed to shape events at the school in any way I wanted, even if it meant crushing Pinkie's designs because my own designs took precedence over what she had been planning. I didn't care one bit about what she wanted, though, as this was my coronation, and whatever I said went, unless they wanted me to make their lives even more miserable than they already were. I then suddenly heard a familiar voice, belonging to the girl wearing the purple dress who stood up to me earlier, but I wasn't concerned with what she was doing in the gym; I was too busy thinking about some necessary "suggestions" that would make this formal even better.

Before going in, I waited until the mystery girl had left, as I didn't want to see her face; it would be nothing but a distraction. Once I had confirmed that she was no longer in the gym, I made my move, pushing the double-doors open with a startling bang. Looking around at the kinds of decorations Pinkie had provided, my only expression was of sheer annoyance at how everything looked so pathetic, like it were a children's party instead of a formal engagement where students could dance the night way. Of course, the head of this year's Fall Formal committee was Pinkie, who was still as childish as ever, what with her penchant for wanting everything to look like it was meant for five-year-olds instead of teenagers. If I had my way, she wouldn't be in charge of anything and would most likely be cleaning up after the other students as a janitor, while I would be making everything more me-oriented.

" This looks terrible!" I shouted, throwing my arms up into the air.

" Really? I think it looks really fun." Pinkie Pie said in response to me.

" There are way too many balloons! This is supposed to be an event for teenagers, not for children! As the current reigning princess, I insist that we have fewer balloons! On the other hand, we could do with more streamers, especially around the stage." I said. That's when I noticed Applejack was also in attendance, and she was giving me an expression which I didn't take too kindly, as though she wanted to say something to my face. I ignored her, though, as she was just a farm girl, a country hillbilly who had no idea how the modern world really worked. That's when I accidentally bumped into a large balloon that looked ridiculous, a relation to how Pinkie often behaved, so I popped it with my finger, which also popped the balloon next to it.

" Yeah! This setup needs more streamers!" Snips said, grabbing a streamer in his hands and showing it off to Pinkie.

" Fewer balloons; those are lame!" Snails added, squeezing a balloon with his arms before falling over, prompting me to mentally groan. Maybe bringing those two along wasn't the smartest idea I had, but then, I did need to enforce my will on how the decorations were being applied, and as my minions, they would carry out my decisions, should I choose to deploy them.

" You don't like balloons?" Pinkie Pie asked.

" Just because you think this formal should be a children's party doesn't mean everyone else thinks the same way you do. Like I said, as princess, I get to influence how events here at school are presented, so get rid of the balloons, and add more streamers. Unless of course, you want me to let Principal Celestia know that you're doing a bad job and insist that someone else be put in charge of the planning committee." I answered. Hearing me say those words seem to do the trick, Pinkie's expression deflating from a smile to miserable acceptance and then back to a smile again, because she realized that having more streamers was an encouragement rather than a derivative. Turning my attention back to Applejack, who had remained quiet while I was dealing with Pinkie, I noticed she was holding a bottle, so I walked over to investigate what kind of beverage would be served to the students. " What in the world is this!?" I asked, acting surprised.

" Fizzy apple cider, fresh from mah family's farm." Applejack answered.

" I know what it is. What I want to know is why it is here." I said.

" Pinkie ordered several cases of fizzy apple cider, which Big Mac and I delivered a short time ago. We'll be servin' it at the Formal. Now, I know not everyone likes this stuff, so she made sure that other drinks would be made available, but considerin' most here at CHS love mah family's cider, there won't be much of a problem. Assuming, o'course, that you ain't got no objections to this." Applejack answered, using some sass in order to get under my skin. Really? Fizzy apple cider? I'm one of those who detest the stuff, even though I never drank any of it before, and I refuse to allow these lips of mine to taste something that came from a run-down farm run by hillbillies. I then grabbed a bottle, using only my index finger and thumb, before expressing my disgust over the choice of beverage.

" Ugh! This is supposed to be my coronation, here! As such, something of better quality is needed, rather than something one would get at a hoedown! Take all of this stuff back to your farm or dump it down the drain for all I care. I'm not going to accept fizzy apple cider as a beverage for the Formal." I said, dropping the bottle into a nearby garbage can before wiping my hand down my skirt. Applejack gave me a cold expression, which I responded to with one of my own, though it didn't seem to faze her. This farm girl thought she could act tough, but in truth she didn't realize how people truly saw her: an uneducated hick who had no fashion sense and who probably needed to act smart to cover up her apparent lack of intellect.

" Now wait just a second! It ain't necessarily gonna be your coronation this time around, Sunset Shimmer. I reckon someone is going to want to compete with ya to win that there crown and be crowned princess. No point in you makin' such a bold proclamation when you ain't got no idea who else put her name down on the ballot." Applejack said, guzzling down the bottle of apple cider she had in her hand before twirling it about on her finger as a means of mocking me. I just wanted to throttle her for not only talking back at me but making me appear as though I was wrong, when it was so obvious that I was right about being the only one vying for the crown, as usual.

" Is that so?" I asked.

" You better believe it!" Applejack answered.

" That's such an adorable response from one with your background, but then, it isn't surprising, given that hillbillies such as yourself aren't very bright." I said, walking over to Applejack with a smug look on my face, which no doubt made her blood boil, which I enjoyed quite nicely. " This is my coronation. No one else has decided to run against me, and why would they? Everyone here knows that I'm guaranteed to win, because my competition keep on forfeiting at the last minute, and even if they choose to stick it out, my popularity is enough for me to see me to victory. No wonder the other students say such mean things about you, farm girl, as your lack of intelligence makes you such an easy target." I said, grabbing the front of Applejack's Stetson hat, and pulling it down over her face to hammer home my point, before turning around and walking away laughing to myself. In response to what I did, her blood seemed to reach a boiling point. Her face began steaming, and the top part of her hat lifted up like it were a flap.

" Actually, you do have some competition!" Pinkie Pie announced.

" What did you say?" I asked, my eyes widening in shock.

" Someone else has also signed up. In fact, she was right here just a few minutes ago, but I guess she had to be elsewhere, otherwise she would have wanted to meet the defending Princess of the Fall Formal, and that would have been the most amazing thing ever! The new girl seemed like she really wants to compete, like she wants that crown just as much as you do, Sunset Shimmer. But while she does appear to have psychic powers, her hand-writing is without a doubt the worst thing I've ever seen, like she's never used a pen before. Then again, she did write down her name using her teeth, so I suppose she might have an injured hand, or even two. Which is weird, since she didn't have any bandages around them." Pinkie Pie answered.

" What!?" I exclaimed, grabbing the ballot sheet from Pinkie and looking at it.

" Even though her writing is totally ineligible, she did say that her name is Twilight Sparkle, and I think she reminds me of someone from the city who has the exact same name that she does, but I could be wrong about that." Pinkie Pie said. I had to grit my teeth harshly so as to drown out the annoying sounds coming from her mouth. However, even more annoying than Pinkie was the sudden revelation that the 'mystery girl' who stood up to me earlier was none other than that upstart. So, she decided to follow me, after all, in order to get her crown back, but since Pinkie and, to an extent, Twilight herself have given her identity away, I can now take care of her on an even more personal level.

" Where is this Twilight Sparkle?" I asked, noticing that both Pinkie and Applejack were looking at me with suspicious glares, so I changed the tone of my voice to throw them off of the potential scent. " Well, this is certainly quite the surprising turn of events, isn't it? Someone else seeks the crown just as much as I do? Like they say, the more the merrier, right? I'm looking forward to meeting this Twilight Sparkle, as I have a few choice words for her." I then grinned, pretending that I was thrilled about this. In truth, I was outraged that the upstart planned on stealing my thunder again. It wasn't bad enough that she became a princess back in Equestria, but now she planned on doing the exact same thing in this world?

" I thought you'd be more upset than that?" Snips asked.

" Not helping!" I answered, speaking through my teeth.

" Sorry for asking." Snips said.

" Why don't you and Snails do an 'inspection' of the gym to make sure that everything is to my liking, okay? As for Twilight Sparkle, I'd like to know where she went, as I really want to get to know my competition, just like I've done with everyone else who challenged me in the past." I said.

" She went that-a-way in an awful hurry." Pinkie Pie answered, pointing towards a door to the left of where I came in from, so, leaving Snips and Snails behind to do whatever they wanted, I took off after the upstart in the hopes of catching up with her.


" That explains why you said there would be a bigger conversation to come." Twilight said.

" I honestly didn't recognize Princess Twilight at the time, even when there were alarm bells ringing in my head that said otherwise." I said, chuckling to myself with Twilight joining in on the brief merriment.

" Did she really have bad handwriting?" Twilight said.

" Imagine seeing something written by a two-year-old who was just starting to learn how to write, and you've just pictured Princess Twilight's handwriting, herself being an obvious teenager." I answered.

" Wow, Pinkie was right; that is terrible." Twilight said, laughing once again over how funny it was, and even snorting once or twice, which was a new experience I was getting from her, but I merely smiled at what I was seeing, as she needed to feel better, especially after crying earlier over how often I've been alone. It also reassured Twilight that her Equestrian counterpart is her own person who is capable of flaws, and that the Twilight in front of me wasn't just a carbon copy. Her laughter got so intense that she actually fell over, and I couldn't help but join in, as though her giggling had become contagious, so for a few minutes we were laughing, not at the expense of Princess Twilight, but rather at how she struggled with something so simple. She has, however, only been a human for maybe several hours. " Okay, that was seriously funny." Twilight said, rubbing the tears from her eyes as she and I finally stopped laughing. " But on a more serious note, you were about to encounter Princess Twilight for the second time in just a short period?"

" Yeah, and this time I wasn't holding back." I answered.

" Makes sense. By that point, you came to the conclusion that she had followed you to this world in an effort to get her crown back, which you had stolen. You wanted to intimidate her to make her feel uncomfortable and much less of a threat, because she was the only one at CHS who knew what you truly were. That made her your biggest target, more than any other student." Twilight said. I was very impressed with her deduction, since what she said was true. Princess Twilight was a threat to my dominion because she knew that I was a pony like her, and I had to make sure to put her in her place before she could cause any kind of damage. Ugh! Just thinking about what I did to her made my heart ache, as she didn't deserve any of it. " Sunset? What are you thinking about?" Twilight asked.

" What I did to Princess Twilight." I answered.

" What did you do!?" Twilight asked, pushing her face forward until her nose was practically touching mine which felt awkward, but she quickly backed away knowing that her reaction didn't settle well with me, and she coughed politely by covering her mouth with her right hand before scooting over slightly so as to give me some space. " Sorry about my sudden outburst, Sunset, but you've definitely piqued my curiosity."

" You know what blackmail is right?" I asked.

" Of course; people use it to make people do whatever they want in order to keep certain things about them private." Twilight answered, her mouth dropping down a few seconds later when she put two and two together. " Did you--"

" I did." I said, sadly.


Despite Pinkie Pie being annoying to no end, what with her voice and mannerisms, she was at the very least reliable when it came to directions, as other students pointed out that someone bearing the description I gave them about Twilight Sparkle had been making her way towards one of the older hallways of CHS. The reason why everyone referred to it as old was because one of the light fixtures had fallen into disrepair and severely needed to be fixed so it wouldn't cause any eventual fire. Soon, however, there would be a more figurative fire in this hallway, for when I'm finished with the upstart, she will be roasted alive as I ruin her chances of getting her crown back. It actually didn't take long for me to find her, as she was just standing there speaking to her dog. When the dog talked back, I realized that her dragon must have come with her, which could prove problematic, assuming it could still breathe fire. I mean, the likelihood of that dog breathing white-hot dragon breath was pretty unlikely, but you never could tell what the portal would do to a person until they come out the other side.

Before confronting Princess Twilight, I decided to listen in on their conversation, and it turned out that Her Highness over there was having second thoughts about being a princess of Equestria, exactly what I initially suspected of her. I knew Princess Celestia had made a poor decision by making somepony like her an alicorn, and I was going to make sure her precious pupil would receive my full wrath. But then, she talked about how difficult it was going to be to win the Formal seeing as she didn't exactly know where to even begin, and to me, this made the competition pretty much a non-issue. Knowing this information, courtesy of her blabbing away, I stepped out from the next hallway and began walking towards her, which made her speak out in response.

" Who's there?" Princess Twilight asked.

" Why, your competition for Princess of the Fall Formal." I answered.

" Sunset Shimmer..." Princess Twilight said, turning around to see me, arms folded, grinning from ear to ear because she wasn't aware that I knew some of her secrets already without even having to do anything to learn them.

" I can't believe that I didn't recognize you earlier when you stood up to me to help out that weakling Fluttershy, but I suppose that was to be expected given how you look so much different as a human compared to a pony. Good thing I figured things out when I looked at your sorry excuse for handwriting." I said, walking towards my would-be opponent before walking around her in circles as to intimidate her and to get another good look at how pathetic she was with her choice of clothes. " I know you didn't come here willingly, upstart, as you would have been forced out of your precious comfort zone, so I suspect Princess Celestia gave you the incentive to come here to get your crown back, or should I say, my crown. Also, I'm surprised that dragon turned into nothing more than a mere mongrel, and I'll even bet that it can't breathe fire anymore."

" That crown is rightfully mine, and you know it!" Princess Twilight shouted.

" Whatever! It's just a minor setback for me." I said.

" I know everything about you, Sunset Shimmer, from what Princess Celestia told me happened between you two. I can't believe you would abandon your studies with her because you couldn't have your way. Becoming an alicorn must be earned when you've matured to the point where you're deemed ready, yet you simply demanded it be given to you." Princess Twilight said.

" Don't even bother trying to give me a lecture, you little upstart! I was a far greater student than you ever were, and unlike you, I never once hesitated when it came to the goals I wanted to achieve, yet you are already questioning your own ascension to princess-hood. For example, it only took me a few months to dominate this school, and I've ruled over it ever since! You have no clue how this world works, as you've only been here for a few hours, while I've been here for years." I said.

" Then why steal my crown when you already have this place? What good would it do for you?" Twilight asked.

" It took some time for me to steal the mundane crown that originally belonged here and switch it with the one you possessed, but thanks to that mongrel of yours, my plans were fouled up. That said, I'm still on track to become Princess of the Fall Formal for the fourth straight year." I answered. I then noticed Her Highness looked confused with how I explained my brilliant plan, and I merely laughed at her plight, because it was sheer genius, and she was just too dim-witted to understand. As I continued laughing, which eventually brought tears to my eyes, she was looking at me with anger in her eyes, so after wiping away my tears using my sleeve, I slammed my fist into a nearby locker, forcing her to pay attention. " Tell you what, I'll give you a little pop quiz, just for the fun of it. Question: what happens when you bring an Element of Harmony into an alternate world? This should be an easy one to answer, considering that element has such a strong connection to you." I said.

" Um..." Princess Twilight said, struggling to come up with an answer. Seeing her struggle made me laugh once again, tears streaming from my eyes.

" Seriously? You don't know the answer to such a simple question? And you're supposed to be Princess Celestia's star student?" I asked, but since she looked as though she were just dying to know, I decided to tell her because it would be funny to see her reaction to something so obvious. " When an Element of Harmony comes into a world, such as this one, for instance, it can cause magic to appear in that world. Although at first it will be uncontrollable, as this world doesn't understand magic, in time, someone should gain the power to control it, or it would destroy everything."

" What!?" Princess Twilight exclaimed.

" It is a possibility after all; there are other things that could happen. I can't believe someone like you ended up becoming Princess Celestia's protégé! Then again, I was the best student she ever had, considering how powerful I became under her guidance. But then, she betrayed me by denying me my destiny, so I decided to leave Equestria, which is where you come into the picture, somepony she thought would become even better than me, though clearly that isn't the case. No doubt Princess Celestia must be embarrassed, as is all of Equestria, that you were her best hope of achieving the status of princess." I said. That's when her dragon popped out of her backpack, and barked at me, which did make me step back a couple of paces, as I wasn't expecting it, but I quickly regained my composure before speaking in a sultry voice which got it to calm down. " You know, they don't allow pets on school grounds, so if I were you, I'd make sure your mutt stays hidden and, especially, quiet, because people would be thrown into a panic were they to see a talking dog. I'd hate to see it get taken away from you."

" Spike isn't an 'it', he's a 'he'." Princess Twilight said.

" Whatever. My point still stands, regardless of what his gender is. If you don't want him to be taken away from you, you'll keep him muzzled and hidden away so that no one becomes suspicious. Don't want everyone to know you don't belong here, now do you? That's right! I'm calling you out! You'll never become a princess around here; you and your mutt have no idea how this world works, and by the time you do manage to figure out something, that crown will already be on my head!" I said, laughing before turning around and heading off in the opposite direction, leaving the upstart feeling miserable about what I said. However, I knew my words alone wouldn't be enough to dissuade her from competing against me. She would keep on going, as she has this strong hope that she will prevail. Hah! Nothing but a pointless feeling that will get her nowhere. Still, she needs to be gotten rid off before she can become a true threat, and I knew just the two to help me with that task.


" I actually was surprised Princess Twilight didn't know that about the Elements of Harmony." I said.

" How did you know?" Twilight asked.

" I read about it during my early days as Princess Celestia's student." I answered.

" She must have been beside herself in frustration knowing that she didn't understand, but then, she was on the spot, considering how you were talking down at her to make her lose confidence. I suspect she would continue with her bid to compete for the crown, correct?" Twilight asked.

" Yep, and that meant she was squarely in my sights as a potential target." I answered.

" You used Snips and Snails, didn't you?" Twilight asked.

PreviousChapters Next