• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 8,494 Views, 253 Comments

Night of the Werewolf - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



Vinyl discovers a pretty big secret Octavia's been hiding from her

  • ...
36
 253
 8,494

The following morning

Octavia woke the next morning the way she had fallen asleep, laying cuddled into Vinyl as usual. Normally she woke second, and just laid there, listening to the heartbeat in Vinyl's chest if she woke up before Vinyl did. She highly prefers that over Vinyl blaring her dubstep dishwasher very early every morning, but even if she hadn't woken up first, Vinyl was nowhere near it.

She wanted to lay there, but the side of er head felt sticky and wet, and not to mention, very foul smelling. She gagged as she began to register what the smell was, and was quick to remove her head from Vinyl's chest, who's fur had been matted down by,

"Saliva!? Gross!" Octavia wailed as she tried to wipe fer germ infested face clean, but only smeared it even more. "EWWWWW!!!!" She screamed as she tried any thing to wipe her face, and so far, the blanket was the only thing, since she didn't feel quite like getting up and searching for a bathroom in a large castle that was completely unfamiliar to her. Especially after just waking up, so the blanket was as good as anything in the current situation.

She huffed as she turned her gaze to see Vinyl still fast asleep, with her legs spread from her body, her mouth wide open, with her tongue hanging out as she snored slightly.

"Nnmmffgh..." a soft voice was heard from the other bed.

"Wha...?"

Octavia glanced to the next bed over where Fluttershy began to stir beneath the covers. She groaned and stretched as she sat up, the sheets fell to her lap as she rubbed her eyes with her hooves.

"S-Something wrong, Octavia?" She asked in a hushed whisper before letting out a loud, but adorable yawn.

"No, not really, other than I just woke up in the ungodly pool of saliva Vinyl has become." She said as she continued to stare onto Vinyl's saliva covered chest.

"Oh, that can't be good..."

"Not really the best wake up call I've ever gotten. But I've had worse." She recollected the times where she'd been thrown to the flood by Vinyl's 'Wubtastic' Dishwasher, which had always left a never ending ringing in her ear. Just the thought of it gave her an uncomfortable tickle in her ears.

"I-I'm sorry...i-is there anything I can do to help? If that's okay with you..." Fluttershy replied shyly. Hence the name Fluttershy.

"Well, there is nothing you can really do. Even giving her a few lumps with the frying pan doesn't change anything." Octavia scoffed.

"Well that doesn't sound very nice." Said Fluttershy with a shake of her head.

"Neither is blasting loud 'dubstep' in the morning when your marefriend is trying to sleep!" She yelled into the sleeping mare's face. Vinyl's snoring was the only response she got. "Ugh, she irritates me so much at times! It makes me wonder how I can stad her crappy wubs!"

Vinyl's eyes suddenly shot open and she sat up in an instant.

"Who said my wubs are-"

Smack, thump!

"Ow, what was that for Octy!?" Vinyl whined as she was now on the floor.

"You drooled all over me while we were sleeping!" She scolded.

"Wait, what?" She asked before she broke out into a fit of laughter. "Oh-ho, Celestia, that's hilarious!" She laughed as she got up.

"Oooh, oh how I wished I had a frying pan to hit you with right now!" Her cheeks began to flush out with red as she became filled with anger.

"See, the thing is, you kinda don't." Vinyl said, sticking out her bottom lip.

"Well, it appears to be hooves work just as well!" Octavia snapped as she slapped her right hoof across Vinyl's face. She again fell to the floor.

"Is that really all you got!?" Vinyl teased, as her head appeared above the bed again.

Smack, thump!

This time Vinyl remained on the floor, laying on her stomach, unconscious.

"That aughta teach her!" Octavia snickered.

"Octavia?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeeessss?"

"H-have you ever thought of taking any anger management classes?"

Octavia shot her an evil glare, which upon given, Fluttershy pulled the blankets up her her muzzle as if it would protect her, should Octavia try to hit her as well.

"S-sorry I asked..."

Octavia sighed.

"Maybe you're right. I did go a bit far..." She said very ashamed as she looked at her friends sleeping body. "Can you help me get her back into the bed?" She asked as she tried to pick Vinyl off of the floor.

"Um, yeah, sure." She went down to the floor to assist Octavia when Twilight walked in through the door.

What she saw, she wasn't expecting.

"Aammm I...interrupting something?" She asked awkwardly as she saw Vinyl across the two pony's backs, blood dripping from her nose.

"No, I just...it's nothing!" Octavia blushed of guilt as she placed Vinyl back on the bed.

"Well, Breakfast is ready downstairs, if you guys are hungry. Spike made pancakes again, let's hope to Celestia he didn't burn them too much..." She sighed as she left the room.

*****

Later downstairs, Twilight, Octavia, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Spike, unfortunately, all sat at the large dinning room table made to seat ten.

"So, now that you're a pony again, maybe we can try and talk about all this werewolf stuff that's going on between you and Vinyl." Twilight said as she took the first bite of her stack of five slightly burnt pancakes which had been drenched in a bit too much syrup.

"Well, last night...was the first time I had control of my thoughts and actions, and to put it in short terms, it was rather complicated and irritating." Octavia replied. "Although, Vinyl had a blast. She told me she was upset I never told her about me being a werewolf. But she was at least happy to be one now, she said." Octavia looked down at her pancaked which unfortunately had suffered the most burns, which ruined her appetite.

Well, I was planning on having breakfast. She thought as she slightly pushed the plate away with her fork.

"So, you're not too glad with it, but Vinyl is happy with her new ability?" Twilight asked.

"Yes. She kept going on about how she couldn't wait to see herself as a werewolf yesterday, and when it happened, she somehow didn't faint when it came to the transformation, and she was so happy she accidentally put her face through the wall! Literally! There is a hole in our bedroom wall now." Octavia recalled Vinyl's actions last night, and how she looked with her face through the hole.

"I bet that's not as bad as what Rainbow did when she made that sonic rainboom last night." Twilight, giggled.

"Yeah...the theater was pretty damaged." Octavia nodded in agreement.

"I was just in the kitchen baking and baking, minding my own business, when all of a sudden, there was this loud explosion, and I saw it outside!" Pinkie squealed. "Then the windows broke, and it was so bright it looked like it was daytime!" She smiled for a second before she literally sucked in all of her pancakes. "MMMMMMMM!!!" She sighed as she rubbed her stomach.

"At least somepony enjoys my food..." Spike muttered, as he eyed his pancakes with a look of disappointment.

"It was pretty bad. I was sleeping when I heard it, and when I looked outside, I thought Equestria was right next to the sun with how bright it was." Fluttershy said quietly. "All of my animals were so scared...and..." She made several glances around the room when she gasped all of a sudden. "MY POOR ANGEL!" She screeched. "I'm sorry but I have to go!" She jumped out of her chair and in an instant she was gone.

"Me too! I promised Mr. and Mrs. Cake I'd watch over the twins!" Pinkie gasped and just like fluttershy, she was gone, except much faster, even though instantanious is as fast as one can get, but Pinkie somehow did it.

"So now it's just me and you, Octavia." Twilight sighed.

"Um...do I not count?" Spike asked, his head hardly visible over the top of the table.

"Oh, sorry, Spike! Forgot you were there, when I can hardly see you!" Twilight gave a slight giggle and a sheepish smile, topped out with a rosy blush.

"Yeah, whatever." He glared from the sudden disrespect and he left the room, slamming the door behind him.

"So...um...nice place you've got here!" Octavia said a bit embarrassed as she looked about the room.

There was a large crystal chandelier that hung over the crystal table, which had crystal chairs on the tiled floor, which glistened off the crystal walls. So much crystal.

"Thanks. So...lets get back on track here?" Twilight asked.

"About me and Vinyl?"

"Yes. That." Twilight said as she took another bite of her pancakes.

"So, what do you want to know?"

"When you were in your wolf body...what was that like?"

"Nothing different actually. Just tried to make sure nothing bad would happen, buuuuut....you know..." Octavia gave a shrug and a roll of her eyes.

"Yeah, Rainbow Dash pretty much flattened half of Ponyville." Twilight chuckled as Vinyl came down the steps from the hallway.

"Oh, hey Vinyl! Done playing little Miss. Smarty Flank, are we?" Octavia asked.

"You gave me a bloody nose, and l bled all over the bed...." An irritated Vinyl grumbled.

"Well, next time you wanna drool in your sleep, do it somewhere besides me! I'm not a spittoon you know!"

"Yeah, yeah, and I changed the bedding and stuff, and..." She stopped as soon the aroma of food sailed past her nostrils. "Are those pancakes?"

"No, those are just random doughy discs on a plate. Now come sit." Vinyl ordered, tapping the chair next to her with a hoof.

"My head hurts...why did you hit me so hard, Octy? Dogs drool, you know. Being werewolves, we were pretty much dogs, so who knows? Maybe it was your drool and not mine." Vinyl stated as she sat down.

"Maybe you're right..." Octavia lowered her head.

"What do you mean maybe? There was a bit of a drool spot by my head on the pillow. You were laying on my chest. So if you think about it, you hit me for no reason!" Vinyl huffed a she crossed her forelegs across her chest as she turned away from Octavia.

"Okay, I'm sorry Vinyl! I shouldn't have just jumped to conclusions. Lesson learned." Octavia said apologetically.

"Maybe I should drool on you on purpose tonight when we're wolves again." Vinyl said sarcastically.

"You really enjoy being a werewolf, don't you?" Octavia asked.

"There isn't a single thing I don't like about it...except for the transformation. Other than that, I'm actually really glad you bit me the other night." Vinyl turned and smiled at Octavia.

"If I had known you've wanted to be a werewolf, I would have told you, but..." She trailed off, staring at her hooves.

"But what?"

"I thought you would have stopped loving me..."

"Awe, Octy, there isn't anypony I find more joy in annoying other than you." Vinyl giggled as she leaned over to kiss Octavia on the cheek.

"Thanks, Vinyl. And from how you were acting last night, maybe being a werewolf isn't so bad after all." Octavia smiled as she gave a small blush. "I did kind of have fun last night."

"I told you, but you being...you, you only look at the negative side of things. Try and see the good in things for a change."

"I am on you." Octavia said with a snicker.

"What is there?" Vinyl asked, her ears perking up.

"Absolutely not a single thing." Octavia giggled, which turned into a full out laugh as she fell out of her chair.

"Bah, I never loved you either." Vinyl joked before joining her marefriend on the floor.