• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 8,491 Views, 253 Comments

Night of the Werewolf - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



Vinyl discovers a pretty big secret Octavia's been hiding from her

  • ...
36
 253
 8,491

I Refuse to Stay Home!

Finally the sun had begun to set again, and Vinyl had been watching the moon rise again out of her bedroom window, happily waiting for her first transformation. She knew it's gonna hurt when it comes to it, but she doesn't mind as long as she gets to see what she looks like as a wolf. And the whole time, the thought of her being a werewolf replayed itself in her head, and she felt pretty happy about it.

Octavia on the other hand was simply laying next to her eager friend on the bed, just waiting for the pain to come and be over with. When she found out she was a werewolf, she thought she turned into a vecious beast every full moon, but never herd of anypony being 'mauled', bitten to shreds, or something. And based on what Vinyl told her, all she wanted was to play and cuddle. She was at least glad she wasn't a cold blooded murderer.

"Vinyl, I think you've changed already by the way you're acting." Octavia giggled as her Vinyl stared up at the moon, her tongue hanging from her mouth, and her tail swishing faster than usual.

"Oh, hush Octy! I'm actually getting really impatient." Vinyl huffed in her defense.

"So, you're really happy about this? You can't wait to start the transformation where you bones snap and crack as they reshape, and your hooves turn to bloody paws because the claws end up cutting you as they come out. And the teeth with is an unbearable pain, and the sharp throbbing pain in your stomach? That's what you're happy about?"

"Well, I..." Vinyl began as she thought about what Octavia just said. "Does it really hurt that bad?"

"Probably five times more of what you're thinking."

"Oh..." Vinyl slumped down back into a laying position, starting to have second thoughts about being a werewolf.

"Vinyl, make sure I don't eat my own poop this time, okay? Even though you have no control over the body after you change."

"Heh...I'll try." Vinyl looked at her hooves, still waiting to see what they look like as wolf paws. "I wonder what I'll look like, still."

"Basically a wolf version of yourself. So just picture a wolf, and give it your features."

"Oh, okay. I...I just till can't believe we're werewolves! It sound so awes- OW!" Vinyl shrieked, as she doubled over, clutching her stomach. "Dear Celestia this hurts!"

"I told you!" Octavia attempted to laugh at her friend, but she too was going through the massive bodily pain as her body began to turn into a wolf body.

She soon heard a loud thump on the floor. Ocravia turned around to see Vinyl had fallen off the bed.

"You silly filly!" Octavia grunted through the pain, trying to keep back the tears.

"M-my hooves are changing!" Vinyl somewhat cheered as she watched four small furry toes come from where her hooves should have been. She watched in awe, as much as she could as the claws came through. "Owwwwwwwww!!!"

"A-are you still happy about this, Vinyl?" Octavia asked through her sharpening teeth, going from equine molars to lupine canines.

Thump...thump...thump...thump!! "It...hurts...so...much!"

"Vinyl?" Octavia looked to her friend who's groans became growls as she thumped her head on the end table, making the lamp on top of it begin to shake. She watched as Vinyl's mane/fur/and tail became fluffier and messier with her transformation, as well as her ears becoming wider and pointier.

"Octy..." Vinyl turned her head to face her beloved marefriend, as she became dizzy and light headed.

Octavia herself on the other hoof was handling...hoofling? It better, but her throbbing head proved too much and she fainted, giving way to the wolf inside, but not before uttering a long howl like the other night. She had been half on and off the bed when she did, thus making her fall on top of Vinyl who was managing to keep her consciousness.

"Ugh, get off, Octy!" Vinyl moaned, as she pushed her unconscious friend off of her.

Being a 'work hard, play hard' pony, this pain was actually nothing compared to some of the fights she had gotten into at the bar while being drunk, so she actually managed to stay awake for the transformation.

To her, everything hurt as the final changes took place, and then nothing. It all just faded in an instant. She felt no more pain as she was in her full wolf form. She looked herself over, having paws, with claws, sharp teeth in a more canine muzzle, and she could no longer see in color, but everything sounded ans smelled so much stronger. Her fur had become a mess, just like Octavia's, and she still had her own thoughts.

But now...she felt more energized...like she could gallop a mile...or play frisbee, or sniff another mutt's...wait what?

She smiled wide, and she didn't care.

"YESSSS!!!!! I'm a fricking werewolf!" She hollered, throwing her front paws into the air. She then turned her attention back to Octavia who was starting to gain consciousness again as she lifted herself from the floor. "Octy!" She squeed as she held her 'wolffriend' in a tight hug.

"V-Vinyl?" She answered weakly, gazing up into her magenta slitted eyes. "I don't understand..." She said as she had full control over what she was thinking and or doing.

"Who cares, this is so awesome! Look at us!"

"Yeah, we're wolves now, but how is it that we have control over it?" She pondered her thoughts as she put a paw to her chin.

"Like I just said, who cares!?"

"So...what now?" Octavia asked as she looked over herself.

"I dunno. Wanna go grab a bite to eat? I'm hungry..." Vinyl said as she ran a paw over her growling stomach.

"Vinyl we're wolves, remember? Nopony will understand us! I-it may sound like we're speaking Equestrian, but they will only hear barking." She stated.

"Good point. Can we at least go for a walk on the town, then?"

"Again, we're wolves, and if anypony saw us, knowing who we are, they'd probably freak."

"Octavia. We're wolves, remember?" Vinyl mocked. "We aren't staying cooped up! It's my first time as a werewolf, and I refuse to stay stuck inside!"

"Ugh, fine. It's getting late, I bet there's barely anypony out. Anywhere you might want to go?"

"Hmmmm." Vinyl put a paw to her chin as she thought, until she saw her tail again. "Oooh what's this?" She turned to try and grab it, but it swished away from her. "Darn it, get over here, I wanna put you in my mouth!" She whined as she began chasing her own tail in circles without knowing it. She began panting, her tongue lolling out of her mouth.

Octavia could only giggle as she watched, putting a paw over her mouth. "That's your tail you're chasing, Vinyl!"

"And I want it!" She began to run faster and faster, within the small space between the wall and the bed, and eventually

Smash!

"Vinyl!" Octavia shouted as Vinyl pretty much ran her head right through the wall.

"Help, I'm stuck!" Vinyl began to whimper as she tried to pull her head out.

Octavia sighed with a roll of her eyes. "Ugh, no wonder why, you've got such a big fat head!" She grumbled as she went into the next room where Vinyl's face could be seen through the wall. "Let me help." She sighed again as she turned her back to Vinyl. She lifted a hind leg, and kicked.

"Oww, Octy, you could have just pushed!" Vinyl moaned, rubbing her aching wolf muzzle with her paws.

"Well, you deserved that, or do you want me to get the frying pan?"

"I'm sorry, I'll shut up!"

"Good! Now you get to patch up this hole tomorrow." She said as she trotted back into the room. "Now, how about we leave before you destroy the house even more, hmm?"

"I liked it when the wolf had control because you were nice and cuddly. Now you're just mean and abusive." Vinyl mumbled.

Octavia opened her mouth to say something, but decided against it.

It's been all day Vinyl has been talking about tonight, how happy and peppy she seemed, and now that it's happened, Octavia finds herself being a stick in the mud towards her on her first night of being a wolf.

"Okay, I'm sorry, Vinyl. We can try to go out to eat if you want to, but if we get into trouble, it's on you!"

"Really?! Where are we gonna go?" Vinyl asked as her ears perked up

"Anywhere that's even open at this time of night, and not the bar, because you know I hate going there!" She stomped a paw to show she means business as Vinyl got up from the floor.

"Nah, how about we just go for a walk?"

"Alright, let's go." Octavia said as she left the room and began down the stairs.

"Wha, wait for me!" Vinyl quickly trotted after her as they approached the front door.

"Need I try to remind you again that we are werewolves who usually stay hidden, yet we're about to go for a walk in plain sight?"

"Octy, this is Ponyville! They'll freak a bit, but as long as we keep cool and don't make any sudden moves, they won't care. trust me on this one!"

"Every time you tell me to trust you, I did because you're my marefriend and all, but every time, it ends up in disaster."

"Come on Octy, pleaaasssee!?" Vinyl begged.

"Okay, I'll trust that nothing in Equestria will go wrong, and we'll come back home safely." She sighed, as she opened the door, and this time it was Vinyl's turn to prance and run about.

"See? There's nopony out here!"

"Yeah, yeah." Octavia rolled her eyes as she joined her over excited friend outside.

"Darn mutts keep your mouths shut!" Somepony yelled from a second story window.

"See? They just hear barking. Now keep quiet. And just in case, I grabbed a few bits if you decided to try and buy something from somepony who's shop is still open, and somepony who won't freak out."

"Ohh ohh! I hear Sugarcube Corner started working late nights, and the sun just set a bit go, so I bet it's still open!"

"Okay...let's try there, then." Octavia couldn't help but giggle as Vinyl skipped, hopped, and jumped on their way there. "You're really enjoying that body of yours, aren't you?"

"Well, duh! It's so fun!" She began running in circles around Octavia, panting, and tail wagging.

"Didn't you say this is how I was acting last night? Overly happy, and excited?" Octavia asked as she only walked.

"Pretty much!" Vinyl said as she jumped onto Octavia's back.

"Oof! What are doing, Vinyl?"

"Wolfy-back ride!" She cheered as she licked Octavia's cheek.

"Ewwww, Vinyl!"

"What, I can't help it!"

"I'm starting to think you're too hyper to be going to Sugarcube Corner."

"That is so not true!" She deadpanned a she was suddenly still on Octavia's back. "I'm not hyper."

"You're being so cute I have to say." Octavia blushed upon making that comment.

"Thanks. Ohh there it is!" Vinyl got off of Octy's back and ran as fast as she could.

With the lights still on, and hopes still up, a happy Vinyl Scratch waltzed right into the establishment, 'staying cool and calm' like she said as she approached the counter. There were only two other mares there, sitting at a booth, who had been talking about Celestia knows what, and they didn't notice as a second wolf walked right in.

Vinyl tapped the button on the bell, which then caught the attention of the mares who stared wide eyed at the two familiar looking wolves in front of them.

Suddenly Pinkie Pie popped up from behind the counter.

"Hii, welcome to Sugarcube Corner how...can I...help.......you......?" She stared at the two wolves, as the white unicorn wolf with purple shades spoke up.

"Arp arp arp, rrrrufff uff ruff!" It said as it made gestures with its paw, and placed a few bits on the counter with its mouth from Octavia's satchel.

"Oh, you want two double chocolate fudge cupcakes with whipped cream on top with white chocolate shavings?!" The pony answered, somehow knowing what Vinyl said. Vinyl nodded, confirming her purchase.

"Rarrff arp!" She said.

"Oh, it's no problem at all! But it's not everyday I get a couple of wolves coming in here looking like those popular musicians we have in town!" She said cheerfully as she gave a small clear box to the wolf that held the two cupcakes inside. "Enjoy!"

"Told you it would work out." Vinyl smirked as she opened the box with her magic, giving a cupcake to Octavia as they sat in the booth behind the two other mares who had gone back to talking.

"She only understood you because she's Pinkie Pie." Said Octavia as she took a bite from her cupcake, taking off the wrapper first.

"I know. That's why I wanted to come here, because she'd somehow understand." Vinyl said as she turned back and waved to the Pink pony who smiled and waved back.

"I guess. So, are you enjoying your first night of being a werewolf?"

"Boy am I! Like, BEST.NIGHT. EVER!" She smiled as she popped the rest of the cupcake into her mouth. "Well, next to blasting wubs and beats and the club, you know?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Are you enjoying it?"

"Meh. I'm just hoping nothing bad happens." Octavia stated flatly as she finished her cupcake. "Mmmm, that was delicious! I say it was a good idea to come here." She smiled, leaning back into her seat as she rubbed her stomach.

"Told you that you could trust me." She said as she gazed out of the window, but being inside, all she could really see was her reflection, which she smiled more upon.. "Look at us Octy. Different from the rest of civilization. Besides us, how many werewolves do you think there might be in Equestria?"

"I couldn't tell you, Vinyl. Besides you and the one who made me a werewolf, I haven't come across any others that I know of."

"Oh. I like being a werewolf so far." She said as she looked back to the grey, purple eyed wolf across the table from her. "Except for the transformation part...that hurts..."

"That it does, Vinyl. So is there anything else you might want to do? I've still got a few bits left to spend on me." Said Octavia as she eyed the eight bits in her satchel.

"Wanna go see a movie? I heard that new movie called "Awake When You're Asleep" movie is in theaters!"

"Oh,um...what was that one about again?"

"It's a horror movie about a colt who has the ability to leave his body when he's sleeping, and he goes around killing everpony that made his life miserable."

"Oh, that one! My parents said it sounds dumb, but it was actually quite the thriller!" Octavia smiled as she nodded. "But..again about the whole being a werewolf thing..."

"Octavia, I'm sure everypony will get used to us in time, because like I said before, I ain't staying in that house!" Vinyl crossed her forelegs across her chest.

"I dunno..."

"Octavia, come on! They'll probably recognize us since we still look like ourselves, so lets try to act natural!"

"Okay, fine, lets go." Said Octavia as she got up from the table.

"YESS!" Vinyl cheered as they began trotting out of the small shop.

Author's Note:

moo. :p