• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 8,493 Views, 253 Comments

Night of the Werewolf - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



Vinyl discovers a pretty big secret Octavia's been hiding from her

  • ...
36
 253
 8,493

Go Get The Stick, Girl! Go Get The Stick!

Author's Note:

Dont forget to like and favorite and or comment if you enjoyed this :D Also, I am really glad to see as other stories come and go, mine has kept rising to the top of the feature box. Not that I'm glad people's stories got replaced, I'm just happy to see how long mine has been up there. I can't thank you guys enough for the great ratings, and thousands of views. I thought this was another fic that people would read and be like "meh." but instead it's quite the opposite. thank you guys so much! Meme I made:

It had been another long and exciting day for Vinyl. A bit exhausting at the same time, but well worth it. Blasting Dubstep all day with her Co-worker: Neon Lights. Normally she'd sit at home and trash the place, listening to her music, but it wasn't worth it without Octavia there to nag at her about it. She had been away making her own classical music, as well as to play a concert all the way in Manehattan. So you could say Vinyl usually used Neon as a last ditch attempt of finding something to do.

She now finds herself walking home, as Celestia's sun slowly disappeared beyond the horizon, giving way to the light of the full moon. As usual, she had been listening to her music in her headphones as she trotted along.

Being a world famous Dj, she had always been getting waves and hello's, to which she would just nod to, since she found waving back gets tiring. Being nighttime, there weren't that many ponies out to wave in the first place.

Her head bobbed to the beat of her music as she trotted along to the music. She hadn't seen Octavia in a day or so, except if it were her sleeping during the night which didn't really count. Once home, she trotted up to the door, unlocking it, she walked into the dark house, assuming Octavia had fallen asleep by now.

Through her music which she had turned down a notch, she heard an unusual noise coming from her room. It sounded like a growl, and a whinny sort of at the same time. She simply ignored it since she assumed she had just been hearing things and she continued into the kitchen to chow down on any possible leftovers.

Once there, she pulled open the refrigerator door, filling the dark space with a little light, staring into the almost empty fridge as usual. There was a quarter pint of milk, a wrapped up half eaten sandwich which had belonged to Octavia. Other than that, there was a small cherry pie, only half eaten.

Vinyl shrugged, deciding to settle for some pie. She pulled it out in her blue aura of magic, softly kicking the door shut behind her, making the house dark once again. She took a clean fork from the sink, getting ready to take the first bite as she leaned against the counter, as she stood on her hind legs. She had a piece of the pie on her fork as she brought it closer to her mouth until she heard a loud deafening scream/howl come from her room.

"Octy?"

She put the pie and her headphones down as she went to investigate. She heard grunts and growls, as she slowly went up the stairs. Her whole body shook with fear as she placed one hoof in front of the other as she slowly ascended the stairs.

"Vinyl!" Cried a voice that sounded like Octavia's.

Now with the thought her marefriend could be in danger, she bolted up the stairs as fast as she could, bucking the door open to her room.

"Octy what's wrong?!" She had conjured up a magical bat to swing at what ever was in the room with her special somepony, but quickly faded as Octavia was the only one in the room.

She lay on the bed with her forelegs over her stomach, the bed spreads had been thrown to the floor. Octavia tossed and turned, moaning and growling a lot like a dog or wolf.

"Octy what's wrong?" Vinyl hurried over to the stressed mare's side, attempting to calm her down. Octavia turned to look at her with yellow slitted eyes.

"St-Stay away from me!" She screamed as her body changed under the light of the moon, her pupils small as pebbles, blood dripped from her hooves, and mouth as they became more wolf like. "I don't want...to...to hurt...you..."

Her body went limp as she fainted, her fur and mane frazzled, paws replaced her hooves, sharp fangs going just past her lips. Her ears became more pointed and her hooves turned to paws as her bones shifted and snapped with a sickening crack. Long claws erupted from each toe, as well as her teeth becoming sharper. Vinyl stared in shock, backed against the wall, as the wolf-like creature lifted itself from the floor with a low growl. It turned to Vinyl, canines bared. It rose its head and let out a loud, mournful howl, and attacked. Vinyl by now had been scared past her wits, and having read a fair amount of folklore herself, expected to be mauled. But instead,

It licked her...

It was smiling, and panting as it held her on the ground, licking her cheeks, and all over her face.

"Octy, Octy, come on you fooled me already, now get off!" Vinyl giggled as she pushed the wolf off of her.

She stared at Octy as she began to whimper, head low and tail between her legs. Vinyl studied her closer.

"This...isn't a trick...is it?" She stepped closer. "You're...a werewolf..." She looked Octavia in the eyes, the same yellow pupils with the yellow slits remained as she began panting again, her tongue lolling out of her mouth. "Why...aren't you attacking me then...can you speak still?"

The wolf yipped, licking Vinyl's cheek again as her tail wagged playfully.

"Why didn't you ever tell me, Octy? I would have understood." Vinyl approached the wolf and hugged her.

Octavia only continued to pant with her joyful smile.

"This is why you always came up with some random reason to leave the house. Wasn't it?" She stared into Octavia's eyes once again. She giggled as the wolf raised her flank in the air with her head to the floor. "You wanna play, Octy?"

Upon being asked, she began jumping and running and circles around Vinyl, yipping and barking happily.

"You're a cute little werewolf aren't you?" Vinyl cooed when Octavia came to a stop in front of her. She smiled, rubbing her mare/wolffriend's mane. "Let's go outside and play, huh?" Vinyl began walking back down the stairs, unable to process the fact her marefriend happened to be a werewolf, which she only thought existed in folklore and fairy tales and whatnot.

At the bottom of the steps, she began down the hallway to the backyard. Octavia ran over to the door, claws clicking on the wood floor scratching and whimpering at it. Vinyl couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face, as she giggled from Octavia's undeniable cuteness. As she approached the door, she unlocked and opened it with her magic, as Octavia leaped outside, and began prancing and running about the fenced in yard.

Vinyl stood on the patio, watching with a smile as the wolf picked up a stick and came running back to her with it.

"You wanna play fetch, girl?" She asked, and was surprised when she nodded as she sat, wagging her tail. "Okay, give me the stick!" She grabbed onto the stick with both hooves, and pulled but to no avail. She grunted as Octavia sat there effortlessly holding her back, as if she were a ton of bricks, staring into Vinyl's eyes. "Give...me...the stick!" She heaved as hard as she could as the wolf finally let go.

Vinyl flew backwards, landing on her rump. "Jeez you're strong!" Vinyl huffed as she threw the stick.

Octy panted loudly as she ran after it, Vinyl watched with a small smile. "You, Octavia are really something."

A few seconds later she came back, Vinyl was laying on the patio, staring up at her under the moon, her messy mane shining under it's light. She got up, and again tried to pry the stick from the wolf's mouth. "Can you at least make it less hard, you silly mutt?" Vinyl said with a small giggle as Octavia willingly let go. "Now go get it, girl!"

Again she went out to chase the stick, and this time she managed to jump and catch it before it even hit the ground. She began to trot back, until she stopped, dropping the stick, lifting a hind leg. Her nose scrunched up as she...

"Awe, Octy, now I'm gonna have to pick that up!" Vinyl whined. "Stay out here I'm gonna go get a bag for that. Vinyl trotted back inside, and Octavia obeyed her orders and sat on the patio as Vinyl went inside. She stared at the white door, not moving a single muscle in her body, waiting eagerly for her master to return.

Vinyl came back out a minute later, only to be knocked down again by an overly excited Octavia who began licking her all over again.

"Hey come on that tickles!" She giggled as the wolf licked her. "I love you too, Octy, now let me up!" She smiled as Octavia removed herself, panting still along with her wagging tail. "To be honest, I'm kinda jealous you're a werewolf." Said Vinyl as she went to pick up the mess Octy made, but she found nothing. "Hey, where is it?" She asked, turning back to Octavia who whimpered slightly. "Where Octy?"

The wolf gingerly lowered her head to the ground, and began hacking, and a blob of you know what fell to the ground.

"EEEEWWWW! And you were just licking me!" Vinyl scolded. Octavia's whimpers continued. "I'm not mad, just don't do it again, okay?" Vinyl said as she hugged Octavia. "Now, then." She let go for a second to pick up Octavia's droppings, disposing of them in the garbage can on the patio. "Now come on wanna play fetch again?"

The wolf looked at her with a tilted head for a second, until she flopped onto her back in the grass, with her paws in the air.

"Oh, you want me to wub your tummy?" Vinyl cooed as she ran her hoof in circles on Octavia's stomach.

She panted loudly as Vinyl lay next to her in the grass.

"Octy, if you can hear me in there, I love you." She smiled as she kissed the wolf's nose, the whiskers tickled her muzzle.

They lay there in the grass for a while, under the full moon as Vinyl rubbed Octavia's stomach.

"I'm getting kind of tired, Octy." Vinyl yawned loudly. "It's past midnight I'm sure. Wanna go to bed?" Vinyl asked, getting a lick as her answer. "I'll take that as a yes." She got up and began to walk towards the house, when she felt a sharp pain in her hind leg. She quickly turned her head to see Octavia with her teeth partially sunk into her left hind leg. "You bit me!" Her eyes began to tear up, but for only a few seconds. "Wait... you bit me!" She cheered as she hugged Octavia close who began licking her cheek. "This is so awesome! Did you do this for me?"

Octavia gave Vinyl one big wet lick on the cheek.

"Wow, thanks Octy! Who's a good doggy for making me a werewolf?!" She giggled as she hugged Octavia close.

She then looked at herself, waiting for the changes to take place, but nothing happened.

"Maybe tomorrow night." She shrugged. "Now let's go to bed." She smiled as her werewolf friend followed closely behind as they entered the bedroom. She was about to, when an unusual stench emitted from Octavia's coat. "First let's give you a bath, shall we?

Octavia only yipped in joy as she ran off to the bathroom.

Vinyl followed after her, letting out a long yawn. "Dang I'm sleepy." She moaned as she entered the bathroom where Octavia was waiting in the tub. "At least you seem wide awake." She sighed as she turned the bathroom light on.

Vinyl turned the water on, using both the cold and hot knobs to get the water warm as it began to spray out of the shower head. The wolf closed her eyes as she let the water run down her back, washing the dirt out of her messy fur which had become longer from her transformation.

"I'll try to make this quick okay?" Vinyl said as she took the bar of soap with her magic, rubbing it along Octavia's body.

Soon enough she was covered in suds, panting and yipping now and again. She wagged her tail the whole time, splashing water all over as she stood in the tub.

Vinyl then used her magic to rinse the bubbles off with the shower head. As soon as that was done, the next task at hand was to dry her off. She levitated a towel over from the nearby towel rack, about to rub Octavia down with it, until she began to shake her whole body.

Water sprayed everywhere...

"Awe, come on Octy, that's another mess I have to clean up!" vinyl groaned, followed by a heavy sigh.

Just like before, Octavia began to whimper sadly, with her tail between her legs.

"Stay there." Vinyl began wiping up the mess which took a while to clean up. She had to use a few towels to clean it all up. "Now, let ME dry you off." Vinyl said as she brought a new towel over to Octavia. "Sit." She ordered as she pointed to the floor just outside the tub. Octavia listened as Vinyl began to rub her down. "Good girl! Who's a good puppy?" Vinyl giggled and kissed Octavia on the forehead as she finished drying her off. "Now lets get to bed, okay?"

Octavia nodded.

Vinyl couldn't help but smile. She thought she was going to be mauled to bits and pieces when she transformed, but instead here she is, forming a bond with her marefriend's werewolf side. She felt kind of sad since she knew she'd be back to normal in the morning.

Vinyl led her into the bedroom once again.

She climbed into her side of the bed, covering herself with the covers. She waited for Octavia to lay next to her, but came to find she was curled up at the end of the bed.

"Octyyyy." Vinyl moaned. The wolf turned her head to look at her from her name being called. "You're supposed to lay by me!" She tapped the spot next to her, as Octavia got up and laid next to her. "Good girl." Vinyl smiled as she cuddled into the werewolf, nuzzling her cheek as she fell asleep. "Goodnight Octy." She whispered as they both fell into a deep slumber.

Vinyl still couldn't register the fact the mare she had known all her life had been a werewolf for she doesn't know how long. She felt kind of sad she didn't find out earlier, since she had really enjoyed spending time with her marefriend turned wolf. She had even bit her, to make her just like herself, but in a way to not hurt her too much. Vinyl found her self impatient for the following night to come where she'd officially become a werewolf just like Octavia.

*****

The following morning

"Vinyl, that's absurd!" Octavia said in her defense as she joined her newly made werewolf marefriend at the table in the kitchen. "Werewolves don't exist!" She said blushing nervously.

"Octy, it's fine, we had lots of fun last night. We played fetch, you ate your own poooop, I rubbed your belly, and we went to bed!"

"Wait what? Say that again." Octy said, unbelieving to what she just heard.

"We played fetch, I rubbed your belly, and we went to bed!" Vinyl cheered, with a wide smile.

"No, the part between those two."

"Oh, you ate your own poop." She deadpanned as she sucked down the last of the milk.

"WHAT?! I did not do that! Okay I admit I'm a werewolf since you seem so happy about it, but I highly doubt I ate my own poop!"

"Well, when I went to clean it up, I asked where it was, and you spat it out."

"Oh, I think I'm going to be sick!" She ran over to the sink where she turned the faucet on, and began sloshing water into her mouth. "I can't believe I did that!"

"And you bit me too."

"Okay, I don't believe that part!" She snapped.

"See for yourself!" Vinyl lifted her hind leg up onto the table where several canine tooth marks were, forming the bite mark of a wolf.

"Then that means..."

Vinyl smiled. "I'm a werewolf too, and proud of it." She put on her headphones again, turning her music all the way up as Octavia's eyes rolled into her head and she fainted.

Vinyl sat there, listening to her beats as she stared at her bite mark, eager for the full moon tonight.

Octavia eventually came back to a few minutes later when there was a knock at the door.

Vinyl saw the pony in the window as she got up to open the door, removing her headphones from her ears.

"Yeesss?" She asked.

It was a white unicorn stallion who looked rather irritated, with bags under his reddened eyes. "Whatever dog it is you might have, try to keep it quiet because, I barely got any sleep last night!" He roared, huffing and puffing.

Vinyl only nodded to this as she closed the door.

"Ugh...who was it?" Octavia groaned, rubbing her aching head with a hoof.

"Nobody, but you gotta try and keep it down tonight when you turn, because the next door neighbor couldn't sleep over your barking."

"Oh..."

They stared at each other for a few seconds before bursting out into dying laughter.