• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 700 Views, 7 Comments

Luna's Desperate Quest For Pie - thegamerator10

  • ...
1
 7
 700

In Which Luna Totally Manages To Get Some Apple Pie

It was a beautiful, sunny morning in Equestria. Birds were chirping, Canterlot was bustling, and Celestia had just risen the sun. Luna had just woken up after a long day of diplomacy with neighboring countries of Equestria (which prompted Celestia to raise and lower the moon, Luna was so tired). She put on her regalia and trotted down to the palace garden and thought about breakfast.

"I suppose hot apple pie will work. After all, I haven't eaten since my visit to Griffonstone at five o' clock yesterday. The food there is... Not very edible to ponies... Except, of course, Pinkie Pie," Luna said to herself. She started out for Canterlot's residential pie place, No Lies of Pies.

In just ten minutes, Luna made it to No Lies of Pies. She went to open the door, only to be greeted with her face hitting the window. She snapped back, dazed, and saw the sign that read, "Sundays: 10 AM - 8 PM".

"Sunday. It happens every time. I need to remember to petition the employees next time," she muttered to herself, dejected. She walked away with a frown on her face. That is, until she thought for a moment and realized that the simpler answer was to visit Ponyville and go to Sugarcube Corner, which was always open before the restaurant that denied her entry.

"Pity I must travel such a long way for a pie, but huzzah!" she yelled. Several ponies looked at her.

"Excuse me, Your Highness, are you okay?" a stallion asked.

"Um... Yes. No need to worry, my faithful subjects! Continue your morning!" Luna replied as several ponies continued their morning. She opened her wings and started flying for Ponyville; the trains usually start around ten o' clock.

~~~

Luna landed in Ponyville at last. She would, within minutes, taste the sweet, sweet apple filling wrapped in a crispy crust that made up her objective. She was so giddy, she could already taste it! She happily hopped along to Sugarcube Corner. Once more, ponies looked at her with strange expressions. Luna caught this, and she simply walked normally to her destination.

Within minutes, Luna was inside Sugarcube Corner, where she was greeted by none other than Pinkie Pie.

"Hiya, Luna! Whatcha doin' here, in our little town? Also, have you tried the rock cakes in Griffonstone? They're something to fall for!" the pink pony asked.

"Greetings, Pinkie. And yes, I've tried the rock cakes. I can't say I really like them all that much. Do you happen to have an apple pie in stock?" Luna replied.

"Sorry, Luna. The last customer took the last apple pie we had. Ooh! What if I make you one?" Pinkie offered.

"Yes, of course! Please!" Luna said.

"Okie dokie lokie! It'll be ready in an hour! TLC, and all that."

Luna would scream, but she held herself steady. "Oh. A-another time, p-perhaps," she choked.

"Oh. Alrighty, then! Come again!" Pinkie gestured. Luna walked out with a fake smile. She only knew of one last place that could serve hot apple pie fit for royalty, the place where almost half of Equestria's entire apple quota comes from, the nation's largest and most successful orchard: Sweet Apple Acres.

~~~

Luna was starving. She would eat something else at this point, but she'd been craving pie for weeks. She didn't have time for any other pie except apple, what with all the regal parties, negotiations, and her other royal duties. She practically fell down to the ground with how much her stomach wanted to punch her, she was so hungry. At last, she could smell fresh apples. Perhaps, even freshly-baked apple pie. She had arrived at her next destination. The bright red sheens of Sweet Apple Acres' namesake food item made her smile widely. She knocked on the door to the Apple family's cottage. Ponyville's hardest worker, Applejack, answered the door.

"Howdy, Princess Luna! Whatta you doin' here?" Applejack replied.

"Apologies for the early start, Applejack, but I was wondering if you happen to have some apple pie?" Luna asked.

"Oh, mighty sorry, princess, but we haven't even started buckin' apples yet. No apples means no pie," Applejack stated.

Luna's eye began to twitch. A frown creased her face as her eyes dilated. She was furious, annoyed, and disconsolate as her blood began to boil at unimaginable temperatures. She had gone way out of her way to get some delicious pie, and for what? Waiting to be served a decent breakfast instead of actually eating the breakfast.

"Uh, princess? You okay?" Applejack asked.

"Yes, Applejack! Why wouldn't I be?! I simply waited all this time for a decent breakfast THAT WOULD SATIATE MY CRAVINGS SO THAT I MAY START THE DAY PEACEFULLY, THE LIKES OF WHICH NEVER ACTUALLY CAME!!!" Luna screamed. Applejack was quivering and cringing at this point. "Oh my. A thousand apologies, Applejack. I simply had one too many misfortunes this morning. No thanks to the severe hunger I feel right now... Anger management is something I really need to consider doing," she said.

"T-that's okay, princess," Applejack stuttered.

"Thank you for your time," Luna nodded, and started flying back to her and her sister's castle.

~~~

Luna was disconsolate. She came back to her home empty-hoofed... And empty-stomached.

"I suppose cereal will do. It's not apple pie, but at least it's something food-related..." she stammered. She got out some Oatley's Cere-O's and went into the fridge to pull out some milk. She was completely stunned by what she saw. It was an apple pie. Luna almost screamed, and she rubbed her eyes with her hooves. On it was a note from Celestia. It read, "Dear Lulu, I took some time to get you a hot apple pie (you may want to reheat it, though). Enjoy!

-Tia"

With this, Luna used a heating spell that the very same pony who left the pie taught her, heated up the pie, and started wolfing it down with eyes as large as the plate it was served on, and a relieved and starving grin. It tasted so good, she wanted to just keep eating for eternity. She returned to her bedroom, and promptly fainted with relief and tiredness.

Also, from that point onward, Pinkie Pie and Applejack both agreed to have at least one apple pie on standby, in case such an event as this were to happen again.

Author's Note:

I think I got my inspiration for this one from watching The Best Night Ever and seeing Soarin's pie mishap. Next time I was in school, the idea just hit me: "What if I make that a fic with more of a story and starring everyone's favorite princess?"
So, enjoyed, I hope you did. You better have, or else.

Comments ( 7 )

Very humorous. You got me to chuckle.:ajsmug:

great story nice to see luna interacting with pinkie pie and applejack! after this i bet both of them will have apple pies ready just in case a repeat happens. well done to you!

6551048 Thank you! You are a gentlecolt!

6562702 It's all part of a madman's (madpony's) mind.

Login or register to comment