• Published 19th Oct 2015
  • 4,955 Views, 46 Comments

Why Me?! - Sapphire Harmony



Rainbow Dash and her friends are heading over to Manehatten to see the Wonderbolts for her birthday! But there's more to this surprise trip than they thought.

  • ...
4
 46
 4,955

Chapter 4

The next morning, the Mane 6 woke up just two hours before the show begun, and they all rushed to get ready and go.

“Okay. Do we have the tickets and VIP passes?” asked Twilight as they were all leaving their room.

“Yep!” answered Pinkie.

Moments later, the girls arrived at the stadium where thousands and thousands of ponies were lined up. The stadium separated into four different sections; VIP, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Bronze, of course, was the line that was the largest. Silver and Gold were around the same number of ponies, and the VIP line had the fewest of ponies.

The Mane 6 all entered the VIP line, which were filled with high class ponies, including Fancy Pants, who turned to see the girls behind him.

“Why, Rarity! I haven’t seen you in quite a long time. How have you been these days?”

“I have been wonderful, I hope the same for you.” answered Rarity.

“I have been quite wonderful myself, thank you. What brings you to a Wonderbolt show in no other city but Manehatten?” asked Fancy Pants.

“Well, my friend, Rainbow Dash here is quite a fan of the Wonderbolts, and we purchased the tickets because her birthday is tomorrow.”

Fancy Pants turned to Rainbow and smiled as he spoke in his usual Canterlot voice. “Ah, well, Ms. Dash, I hope for you to have a delightful time here, and happy birthday as well.”

“Thanks.”

They all turned their heads when they heard the announcer’s voice over the intercom.

“Welcome to one of the biggest Wonderbolt shows in all of Equestria!!!!! Please make your ways through the appropriate gates and have your tickets ready. The show will begin in just ten minutes.”

“Well, I will see you after the show during the VIP meet and greet?” said Fancy Pants.

“Of course.” answered Rarity.

After each ticket and pass was scanned, the Mane 6 made their way towards their seats, as were the rest of the fans. As time passed, Rainbow looked more worried, which was something that Applejack and Twilight picked up rather quickly.

“You okay there, Sugarcube?” asked Applejack.

“I guess.” answered Rainbow, staring at the Wonderbolts’ entrance.

“What do you mean you guess?” asked Twilight.

Rainbow shrugged. “Don’t take this the wrong way, I’m really excited, watching the Wonderbolts in a big city like here. It’s just…” Rainbow trailed off.

Pinkie popped right behind Rainbow. “You are a little nervous because after talking to Soarin you’re scared that nothing will be fixed and everything will get worse, and you think he’s probably feeling the same way, which should make you feel better but it doesn’t because it could make him mess up during the show because he would be distracted, and he could get hurt?”

Rainbow and the others stared at Pinkie after she spoke.

“Uhhh…” Rainbow finally said.

“I’m right, right?” asked Pinkie.

Rainbow nodded. “Yeah…”

“I’m sure that Soarin will do great! He is trained to focus.” assured Fluttershy.

Rainbow smiled and turned to her friends. She felt a little better, but it still worried her that if Soarin saw her during the show, he could crash! Her thoughts ended as the commentators began to speak.

“Welcome to the Manehatten Wonderbolt Show!!!”

Everyone cheered, including the Mane Six.

“There are going to be three rounds in this show, followed by the big finale. This first one is going to be preformed by the lead squad. Give it up for Captain Spitfire, Commander Soarin, Commander Fleetfoot, and Commander Rapidfire!!!!!!”

The crowd went crazier when the lead squad came out. In the same order as they were called, each Wonderbolt in this squad flew out and made three large loops. Rapidfire got out of the loop and made his way into the center. As the three other Wonderbolts kept making large loops in place as Rapidfire slowly backed away from his teammates. He then sped up and shot out a web of what looked like fireworks, but didn’t hurt any of the lead squad.

Soarin, Spitfire, and Fleetfoot then made their way to the center, bringing in the firework web. As they departed from the center, the web then said “Welcome Fans”. This made the stadium even louder.

Dash was amazed by this. She has seen Wonderbolt shows before, but never like this! It was cool. It was awesome. It was really awesome!!

The lead squad then began to make their way back into the entrance, for that round one was over. Soarin caught a glimpse of Rainbow and wanted to wave, but she was too busy talking to her friends to notice.

“Come on, Soarin! You can talk to Dash later!” called Spitfire. Soarin followed inside.

“Wow! That was some performance by the lead squad! Let’s give it up for Captain Spitfire, Commander Soarin, Commander Fleetfoot, and Commander Rapidfire once again!”

The crowd cheered once again.

“This next one will be performed by the third and fourth squad. Third squad contains Lightning Streak, Fire Streak, and Surprise! Fourth squad contains Wave Chill, High Winds, and Silver Lining!”

The stadium roared as squad three and four made their way through the entrance. The Streak twins came from two opposite sides, then made a huge dark cloud. Squad four then flew straight through the cloud, now having their thunderbolt trail following them as they flew. All of a sudden, silly string came out of nowhere, and Surprise appeared doing a back flip and falling head first. Silver then grabbed Surprise by her back hooves, flipped her towards Wave, who then flipped her in the air as she exploded into silly string once again.

In the crowd, the Mane Six watched in awe as Squad three and four did their stunts.

“That Surprise one is simply divine! She is much like you, Pinkie.” Rarity said.

Pinkie gasped a long gasp. “TWINZIES!!!!”

“Soarin told me Surprise was pretty much the Pinkie of the Wonderbolts” Rainbow said without looking, and a small smile appeared as she remembered the way Soarin described all the Wonderbolts.

“Give it up once again for squad three and four!!!!!!” yelled the announcer.

The next round was the next few squads, who did somewhat of a mixture of what the lead squad and squads three and four did during their routines. Before Dash knew it, the show had ended, and the crowd of ponies made their way out of the stadium while some, including the Mane Six, went towards the building where all the Wonderbolts who performed were already in.

Rainbow thought over and over of what to say to Soarin when she would see him. Their friendship was shaken enough, one thing could screw it up for both of them.

As they entered, most of the Mane Six went to talk to other Wonderbolts and congratulate them on their show, all except Dash, who was looking right at Soarin as he looked for pie on the buffet table.

“Just walk over, RD…” Dash said to herself quietly. She then slowly made her way over, and, after a few seconds of trying to speak, begun.

“H-hey Soarin”

Soarin stopped looking and looked at Rainbow, smiling. “Oh hey! I’m glad you came.”

Rainbow smiled. “The shows are still awesome as always.”

Soarin chuckled. “Heh, thanks.”

“No problem. So what did you wanna talk about?”

“I wanted to say sorry, you were right. I should’ve defended you from the start and I was an awful friend.”

Dash rolled her eyes and shook her head. “You’re not an awful friend, Soarin. You were worried about what happened to Spitfire, I shouldn’t have flipped out on you like I did.”

“So are we friends again?”

Rainbow smiled. “Best friends again.”

Soarin then beamed the widest smile he ever beamed. “I was so nervous you would still hate me, even after you agreed to talk. Anyway, I’m really happy we’re good again. Since the Wonderbolts are leaving tomorrow night, let’s hang out, we’ll do whatever you want. I need to make it up to you somehow.”

Rainbow smiled. “Sounds good, when should we meet up?”

“We could hang out after I get a shower and all, we’re not doing anything now. I’ll go get one right after the meet and greet is over, and you can hang out here if you want, I’ll let security know.”

“Alrighty” answered Dash.

The two talked for a while, just as they had done before. Talking about events that has happened, funny moments with their friends, and more. Afterwards, the meet and greet was over, and everyone started to leave.

“Are you coming along Rainbow?” asked Applejack.

“Actually I’m gonna be hanging out with Soarin for a little bit, catch up on old stuff and all.” answered Dash.

Rarity and Pinkie both squealed. “You guys are going on a date!”

Dash’s eyes widened and she blushed a little. “NO ITS NOT! WE’RE ONLY HANGING OUT!”

Her friends laughed as they began to walk away.

“Whatever you say, Dashie.” said Pinkie as they left.

Rainbow shook her head as she sat down, waiting. After a few minutes, Soarin then walked over to her. “Okay. Where to first?”

Dash shrugged. “I don’t know. Let’s just fly around or something until one of us does get an idea of what to do. “

“Alright.”

After hours of touring Manehatten, they finally made it back to Dash’s hotel.

“That was cool, finally being able to hang out again.” Dash said.

“Yeah, I wish I wasn’t still on tour.” said Soarin.

“Ditto.”

“But hey, I got you something, I had the present for a while now, but we had that huge fight and all, but I still kept it.” said Soarin as he looked away.

“You got me something? What is-”

Rainbow was cut off as Soarin’s lips met hers. Her eyes widened and she blushed like crazy, but then returned it.

After what felt like centuries, they finally broke apart and looked at each other right in the eyes.

Rainbow finally spoke up. “So… what are we now?”

Soarin smiled a little as he spoke. “That depends, do you want to be my marefriend?”

Rainbow smiled even more than she already was, if that was even possible, and kissed him once again.

“I’m guessing that’s a yes?”

“Yup.”

The moment was then broken as Pinkie screamed from the hotel room’s window. “OH MY CELESTIA!!!! GUYS!!!!! OTP IS CANON!!!!!!!!!!”

Rainbow looked up at her but still spoke to her new coltfriend. “I’m going to hear this for a while.”

Soarin chuckled. “That’s going to be fun.”

Rainbow laughed a little. “Just wait until your Wonderbolt friends find out.”

Soarin then shook his head. “I’m not going to even hear the end of that.”

They both laughed a little more. This was an even better day than Dash thought, this was officially most awesome day in the history of awesome days.

Author's Note:

Finally done with my first SoarinDash fanfic!!!! :pinkiehappy: *throws confetti everywhere*

If you enjoyed this story, don't forget to watch for my next story, I will be updating teasers of my biggest fanfic yet!!

Again, thank you so much for reading Why Me?! *more confetti*:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 13 )

Aswome!!!20% Cooler!!!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Pinkie guessing the future:
The classic, nigh cliché, exit clause for avoiding lengthy descriptions.

Bravo, sir. :moustache:
I enjoyed it, thanks for a good read. :twilightsmile:

Personally, I'd like to see a sequel on this going further into their relationship. Still, fantastic story!

This was awesome! Nicely done!

Thank you everyone for the awesome comments! I love seeing these, you all made my day!:pinkiehappy:

"Ditto"
Well god I haven't heard someone use that word in years!

I was so happy to see this updated lol I loved it! :rainbowkiss:

Great chapter :rainbowkiss:

Woahh....:rainbowderp:
Speechless
Amazing...

this felt super rushed
but its alright

Lol I wish RD held a grudge so this would have been a longer fanfic :pinkiehappy::rainbowlaugh:

SMOOTH, SOARIN, REAL SMOOTH

Login or register to comment