• Published 19th Oct 2015
  • 4,949 Views, 46 Comments

Why Me?! - Sapphire Harmony



Rainbow Dash and her friends are heading over to Manehatten to see the Wonderbolts for her birthday! But there's more to this surprise trip than they thought.

  • ...
4
 46
 4,949

Chapter 3

“What are you doing here?” asked Rainbow as she looked at Soarin.

“I stopped by to eat before I went to go practice. Listen Rainbow I need to talk to you about what happened that night when we were arguing.” said Soarin.

Rainbow kept a normal face on, but inside she was trembling. He wanted to talk to her about the last time they talked to each other, the last time they were close.

Rainbow thought. Maybe she should talk to Soarin, but she was still mad at him. But was she? Dash looked towards the ground.

“I don’t know, Soarin. You told me you trusted me from the minute we met, but then… you know the story.”

Soarin was afraid of this. He wanted to start over with Rainbow, he wanted to go back to how they were, the best of best friends. “But Rainbow, I know I screwed up. Just let me talk to you--”

“I didn’t come here to live in a soap opera. It’s bad enough we’re going to see each other all of tomorrow.” Rainbow cut Soarin off.

“Dash, please.” Soarin begged.

“Look, we’ll talk tomorrow after the show, but if it becomes another dramatic fight, don’t think I’ll forgive you.”

Soarin was relieved, Rainbow was going to let him talk to her, it was all he wanted to do.

Rainbow turned around to see her friends talking. “I gotta go.”

Soarin smiled faintly. “Okay. Talk to you tomorrow?”

Rainbow put on a smile. “Yeah.”

As she turned to walk back to her table, the smile turned into a frown almost immediately. She wanted to fix everything as well, if she hasn’t made that clear, but something tugged on her heart, as if Celestia’s sun was blocked by clouds. She sat down as she reached the table, but didn’t speak.

Twilight was the first to notice the negative energy coming from her most loyal friend.

“Rainbow? Are you okay?”

Rainbow perked her head up and nodded as if nothing happened. “Of course, why wouldn’t it be?”

Applejack examined Dash’s behavior. “You’re acting different all of a sudden.”

Dash rolled her eyes as she looked at her country friend. “I said I’m fine.”

The rest of their time, it was quiet. They all knew what was troubling Rainbow, they actually saw the two talking.

As they finally arrived back at the hotel, each of the Mane 6 began to break the silence, all except for Dash. Twilight walked over and sat next to her prismatic friend.

“We know what’s wrong.”

Dash looked at Twilight. “You do?”

“It’s about Soarin, isn’t it? We saw you two talking.”

“Y-Yeah. Soarin wants to talk about the whole thing with me and try to get back on the same page, but…” Rainbow trailed off.

“But what?” asked Twilight.

Rainbow sighed. “I don’t know. I don’t want another huge fight between us. I sound so different don’t I?”

Rarity, who was listening in on their conversation, spoke up. “Darling, you are just worried. Being worried can make you act different than usual. It may not help that you like Soarin either.”

Rainbow sighed. “All this love and worrying is making me exhausted. I’m heading off to bed! Night!”

“Night!” the others said in unison.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the very long delay! I promise you it was not intentional, I have been very busy with various of things in my life and it slipped my mind. It also didn't help that I basically hated the original chapter 3 and deleted it. I'm sorry if this was too short or not good enough!

Also don't forget to tell me what you think! I do not mind tips or constructive criticism!