• Published 19th Oct 2015
  • 4,954 Views, 46 Comments

Why Me?! - Sapphire Harmony



Rainbow Dash and her friends are heading over to Manehatten to see the Wonderbolts for her birthday! But there's more to this surprise trip than they thought.

  • ...
4
 46
 4,954

Chapter 2

As they all boarded the train, each started to talk about different things. Twilight and Applejack were talking about the Wonderbolts, Fluttershy and Pinkie were talking about Manehatten in general, and in the other cabin, Dash and Rarity were talking about Soarin.

“Please tell me more! When did you start to like him? Why did you keep it a secret? Do you still like him? Do you think he likes you too?!”

Dash rolled her eyes as her friend kept pouring out questions. “Okay, I’ll tell you, but please PLEASE don’t tell the others, OR HIM! I do NOT want him to know!”

Rarity did the Pinkie Promise gesture as a response. Dash then began to tell her everything she wanted to know.

“I guess it started around Cadence and Shining Armor’s wedding.”

Rarity gasped at her rainbow-maned friend’s response. “That long? Why didn’t you tell us? You must’ve been so stressed out over this.”

“I was,” Dash admitted, “but I didn’t want to tell you girls because you would probably just keep asking me questions about him or teasing me about it.”

Rarity put her hoof on Dash’s shoulder to comfort her. “Rainbow, you should’ve just told us in the first place, yes we may ask many questions, and I can’t guarantee that Applejack wouldn’t tease you about it for a moment, but we would still be there for you whenever you needed it.”

Dash smiled as Rarity spoke. Yes, she was still expecting Rarity to flip out the next time she saw Dash and Soarin together, but she was actually being calm about it.

“Now you must tell me if you still like Soarin, and if he likes you too!”

Dash looked away and blushed as she answered. “Yeah, I still like him, a lot.” Her ears folded back and she suddenly had a sad face as she looked at the ground. “I doubt he likes me back, though.”

“WHO LIKES YOU BACK? WAIT, YOU LIKE SOMEPONY?! WHO? WHO? WHO?!!!” screamed Pinkie as she popped up behind Dash and Rarity.

“Pinkie!! I don’t like anypony! W-Well, not like t-that!!” Rainbow stuttered. Rarity looked at Dash with the same look the teachers give their students when they are talking. Rainbow saw this for it was the only way to get some of the stress off her chest, and she took a deep breath.

“I like Soarin, as in I have a crush on him.”

“WHAT???????” said the others as they walked in. “You actually have a crush on Soarin, as in the Wonderbolt?” asked Applejack.

“You’re the last pony I would expect to like somepony, especially Soarin.” said Fluttershy.

“I SHIP IT SO BADLY!!!!” yelled Pinkie.

“Wow! I’m so happy for you! Does he like you back?” asked Twilight.

Rainbow shook her head sadly. “I doubt it.”

“Darling, whatever do you mean you doubt it?”

“Look at me! I’m not the type of pony that someone would have a crush on!”

“Rainbow, there is a lot to like about you! And I am not just saying that because you’re my best friend! You’re sporty, funny, awesome, and the fastest flyer in Equestria!” said Twilight.

The others agreed, which made Dash feel a little better. As the night and darkness set into place, The Mane 6 talked about Manehatten. Yes, they have been there quite a few times together, and yes they have seen the Wonderbolts, but they have never been in Manehatten to see the Wonderbolts. Rainbow thought about what to say if she were to see Soarin, the only Wonderbolt she was mad at when she left Canterlot. Would it be awkward between them? Had Soarin forgotten about the fight they had that night? Would Soarin ignore her? Is he feeling the same way she is right this minute? Could there actually be a future between them?

'I don’t know', Rainbow thought. She look out of the window watching everything fly by as they were still making their way to Manehatten. Applejack turned around to see Dash looking out the window thinking.

She walked over to her prismatic friend and sat across from her. “You okay there, Sugarcube? You’ve been quiet for a little while.” Dash sighed as she turned to Applejack.

“Yeah, I guess. I don’t know.”

“What are you thinking about? Soarin?” asked Applejack, in a surprisingly comforting tone.

“Yeah.” Dash admitted. “I have no idea what’s going to happen if we bump into each other.”

“I hear ya, but I’m sure if there is still some tension between you two it’ll all work out in the end.”

Dash shrugged. “What if he never forgave me? Not only would I’d be stuck with this feeling for him, but I would be stuck with it when I know he hates me.”

“Now, Rainbow, you know that isn’t true! You never know, Soarin may be thinking the same thing as you! Please promise me that you’ll talk to him as soon as you can, try to start over with him.”

“Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” said Rainbow as she did the gesture.

“Good.” Applejack said as she yawned. “Now I’m going to hit the hay, see you girls tomorrow!”

After that, each one went to their rooms to sleep, all except Rainbow. She thought long and hard about what to say to Soarin. She rarely ever had to start over with somepony. Rainbow thought for a few minutes more before she finally went to her cabin to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, the train had reached the Manehatten station, and each passenger got off and on the train. The Mane 6 began to walk into the city, admiring it once again, as they had done when they first came here during Fashion Week. They had finally reached their hotel, and went inside their room. It was larger than the rooms below them, with three bedrooms with two beds inside, three bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and a great view of Manehatten. Each one of the girls claimed their beds as they put their luggage on them.

After finishing packing, they thought of what to do in the glorious city.

“I’m actually hungry, can we just get something to eat?” complained Rainbow as her stomach growled.

“I saw a very nice restaurant just a few blocks away from here when Applejack and I were here. We could go there!” Rarity said.

They all decided on that and arrived at the ABC Kitchen, which was very nice and clean. After the girls had ordered, Rainbow left to use the restroom, when she bumped into a very light blue coated stallion.

“Rainbow?”

“Soarin?”