• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 2,959 Views, 97 Comments

Jinx-ed Fates - Black Owl



[displaced] Jinx, a girl born in the city of Zaun, a city of death and survival, where money can offer you survival. But something hapends, a new world, a new chance, but will she use this chance to change?

  • ...
56
 97
 2,959

Death's Diary | Week 1.

This is the first entry that I ever recorder, I'm so nervous that I don't know with what to begin. Hmm I think that I will start with a little about myself, I am a man of science. My name is not important right now. I was born in a country that was focused on living a nice and beautiful life, and I despised them for that, they loved to be close to nature, and to be honest, I preferred the company of animals to, then other humans, because the animals didn't criticized me and told me that I was wasting time on useless things. But they are wrong I know it! My goal is something important, making the perfect species and to achieve something that humanity always tried to find, i mortality.

I tried a lot of times, experiments over experiments with the modifications in the human body, but one day something happened, I realized where I could find the answer, animals. Creatures that are the result of billions of years of evolution and adaptation to the worst climates. Animals that can control electricity, ultra sounds, amazing regenerating power that can regenerate whole organs, and even the capability of seeing in the dark. The answer was not transforming us into machines, that would take too long and will destroy the earth in process, no, the answer is evolution! But the normal process takes thousands of years, and I only got one hundred. I need more data, and I will achieve this goal, even if it takes all my life.


Yes! I finally found out how to recreate the process, but the problem is that there is no animal to similar to humans, and I can't do anything to other people or I will be arrested, I have only one last option, one last subject, myself.

To speed up the process of evolution and to make sure I only get useful mutations, I have to extract those genes from something that already has those genes, so I have to search for animals that posses those genes. I decided to start with something more easy and simple to find, so I decided to get something that won't be to much of a problem if the experiment fails, so I started my search for the ability to use ultra sounds to navigate in the dark. I hope this works.


Yes! The experiment was a success! I have succeed in copying the genes for night vision from an owl. The experiment was painful, but it doesn't matter because it was a huge success, the only problem is that my eyes have changed, they have an weirder look into them, something that makes them special, they look exactly like an owl's ones, but mine are green instead of the normal color, hmm I have to make more experiments.

Today I went in town, and I heard that a war was going to break up. I will hide in my bunker, so nothing that bothers me, after the fuss with the war stopped I went in the market. When I got there I noticed the stares that were given to me, not because of my eyes, because of my reputation. Here I'm known as 'The Crazy Hunter'. If your wondering why the hunter part, it's because I, ahh, something happened in my younger years that got me the nickname hunter. I can't remember what happened, but I know it was bad.

I didn't stayed much at the market, I just got my food and left. I always hated the other people here, all afraid of something new. The rest of the day I spent in my lab, experimenting with new genetics. I only managed to extract the some genes that offer regeneration, nothing else, those were obtained from some amphibian, I think it's named. Now I have to use them to along with some other genes.

It took me a few days but I finally managed to use the genes on myself, I managed to inject regenerating powers, thermal vision and better hearing, the only draw backs was the pain that I had to endure and the modifications to my body. The modifications that I got are the following: sharper elf-like ears, a reptile-like long tail with a sharp end and claws on my hands and feet, making wearing shoes useless, because my feet look like a komodo-dragon ones. Hmm I wonder, maybe I can get some wings by injecting some new genes, but that will have to wait, for now I have to focus on repair my old revolver, since they said the war started.

This is bad. They were right, the war started. And the enemy army is approaching THIS town! I have to get out of here, and fast, I can't afford to be imprisoned or even killed. I have to move fast, oh shit! They are around the town, and they are coming this way! I quickly got my equipment and runned in the bunker. I can hear them searching my house for anything useful. Oh no they found the bunker. Shit! But it looks like they will open it with ease, so I did something that will stop them from getting information from my research. Then only thing that I can do, I put my generator to over charge so I can destroy everything along with the soldiers, if I will survive I will write in this Diary again, util then good bye.

Author's Note:

So, new chapter. I know this is short, and it's not directly related to my original story, but I had this kn my mind for a long time, and it will interact with the main story, maybe, maybe not. Anyway I hope you like it, tootles!

-Owl out