• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 2,959 Views, 97 Comments

Jinx-ed Fates - Black Owl



[displaced] Jinx, a girl born in the city of Zaun, a city of death and survival, where money can offer you survival. But something hapends, a new world, a new chance, but will she use this chance to change?

  • ...
56
 97
 2,959

Just a casual walk in a forest.

Author's Note:

So another one about Blueblood! I am not sure if the next chapter will be uploaded faster or later, but I am sure I'll manage to get it out faster.

Editor's note: I had to interrupt my bubble bath to edit this~ Uuuuu~ Well I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I will now proceed to teach Owl when to use 'its' and when to use 'it's'! Ciao!

After I killed the manticore Gilda started acting weird. By weird I mean she stopped talking and was looking at the ground. This makes me worried that she will become one of them. "Is something wrong?" I said as I started cleaning the blood off of my dagger. 'I hope the smell goes away...'

"It's just, did you really have to kill that manticore? I mean we could have just run away!" She kicked a rock as she continued walking, and in the process hitting herself with said rock. Idiot.

"So what? I was relieving some stress. Plus, it attacked us first. Self defense." I said with a small chuckle. 'And that thing deserved it. I mean, did you see how ugly it was?' But her face was filled with disgust instead. 'Aww, c'mon! It was fun! For me at least...'

"How could you say that!? It may have been a monster but it was a living thing too!" She screamed at me as if she was trying to get all the hydras to come and eat us. 'Yep, I was wrong. She IS like the rest of those friendship loving idiots... Welp that's for getting my hopes up. Seems like I have to abandon my plan to get to the Griffin Kingdom, instead I have another idea. But first, time to get rid of the feather brain.'

"Alright. So it seems we will go on our different ways. Here take those and leave." I said throwing her a bag full of bits as I started going in another direction. She started talking but I ignored her. 'It's still better to go alone for now... Better for my sanity as well'

Slowly walking trough the forest I started to enjoy the beautiful scenery. This forest was gorgeous, so full of life, and not just the relatively tamed beast I met so far. The creatures here were wild, ruthless. My thoughts were stopped when I saw something in the bushes. Looking closer I saw that it was some kind of totem. It had a weird structure, with a creature that had a reptile head with tusks sticking out from its jaw carved in. The material it was made of was some kind of blue crystal that I couldn't identify. 'It looks kinda ugly, but at the same time beautiful. Maybe it's beauty in the eyes of the observer? Just like Celestia, except the beauty part.' A small chuckle escaped my mouth at those thoughts.

'Hmm a shaman, huh? And it's not Zebrican... Who would put this here? I must be careful...' Getting closer to said totem I started moving my hoof to touch it slowly. But the second my hoof touched the totem I felt it. A huge amount of energy rushed into my body. First I felt a warmth that felt nice, but that felling was short lived. Pain filled my body. But not any kind of pain, oh no, no, no... It was a type of pain that was worse then death. I could feel my muscles and bones breaking and twisting, my skin felt like it was burning off then frozen. From my twisted jaw I let out a scream that could rival a dragon's roar. I could feel my hoofs braking and finger like limbs took their place, my spine broke and rearrange itself in a bipedal position. My fur changed colors. Instead of white, my fur was now icy blue. My hair turned pure white and growing excessively.

Then, long, curved tusks emerged from my mouth, after them I could feel my tail's fur falling off, and instead a long lion-like tail took its place. My ears got longer, and my cutie mark disappeared in a way, I could feel my magic disappearing, and the energy of the totem took it's place. Soon, after what felt like eons of pain, it disappeared just as quickly as it had appeared.

At this time I was on the ground, moaning from pain. I soon saw the changes, but I wasn't as scared as I would expect, no... I felt good instead... The warm feeling appeared again, and with it a voice in my head.

You have passed the test, and thus you are now my champion. I offered you great power, one that rivals alicorn magic itself. I gave you primal energy. An energy so pure... So chaotic its only matched by life energy. And as my champion, I will make you the leader of a small species called the Blood Tusks, that knows how to use the primal energy. Along with that, I will also give you information on how to use this gift I gave you and about the god wars, the wars between alicorns, Life lords and Primal beasts. This is thanks to you for beating the totem's challenge without any mental damage. Congratulations.

'It seems that the 'totem' was actually a challenge. At least I got a lot of power... I must find a lake to see how I look like though.' Looking down at my flank to see what happened to my cutie mark, I saw that it changed, and instead of my normal one, there was a combination of the 4 elements. Fire, earth, wind and water. 'So I'm a shaman or something? Interesting... Now let's see if how ugly have I become?'

Moving my fingers I saw lightning around my newly acquired fingers. 'I should try to find the Blood Tusks, I wonder if I would get attacked or not... Either way I'll have something to do.' I started searching for said species, which I never heard of before. 'If I am actually the leader, I should make an alliance with the changelings and attack Equestria.' I quickly shook my head. 'OK let's get to the important things, finding out that species.'

I started walking slower and checking out the information that I have obtained. It seems that the Blood Tusks are an ancient species... Interesting... As I was walking, I made sure to be careful about where I was going, so I don't miss any clues to the location of the last tribe of blood tusks. But it appears that I have found someone else, a certain servant of the spider goddess.

"Why are you here, Blueblood?" She asked me while she was gathering some plants.

"The same could be said about you." I looked at her with a serious expression. "And how do you recognize me?"

"Simple, I can feel your magic. If you wonder how, the effect of being exposed to hextech crystals has many benefits. Anyway, how did you got like that?" I ignored her answer and continued.

"I passed a test, you don't need to know more." I must be cautious so I don't give her important information.

"Well, at least now you have fingers." She shrugged then continued. "So, I happen to have at me some weapons, and they can be yours for a price." Her smile told me her intentions, and she doesn't look like she'll cheat, so I should see what I can get.

"Give me everything you have, and the ammunition for them." Well, everything or nothing I guess. She pulled out 5 of those things she calls rifles. If they really are powerful, then I could have a huge advantage if I am attacked. Giving her the money she asked for, I realized the price was actually pretty cheap.

"Oh, and I wish to follow you." At my confused face she continued. "I need some raw materials from this forest, and it always helps to have someone to cover your back." She smiled. 'Why do I find her attractive now? I think its the acquired body, since now I am more similar to her... God damn hormones...'