• Published 23rd Nov 2015
  • 1,070 Views, 6 Comments

Kelly Mathews, Equestria's Landstalker - Leafwebs



Kelly Mattews almost lost who she really is when The Merchant gifted her a cursed whistle. However the LaClaire Incident provided the means for her to retain her normal life. With hope restored she is on a mission to unravel The Merchants schemes.

  • ...
7
 6
 1,070

Chapter 11_Displaced RSVP's - Sender Deception

Chapter 11_Displaced RSVP's - Sender Deception

“Finish cleaning off the mega-muck and start a full battery of scanning. We don’t need our guests making a mess” Julian Robotnik orders a swatbot in an even voice before looking away from Link who was stripped of his gear.

Robotnik examined the various pieces of gear that had belonged to the group of intruders with disinterest.

The swords apparently could produce extreme destructive effects by… magic which filled him with professional disgust. An assortment of heavy infiltration gear mostly from the pack of the one he shocked spoke experience. The one he blasted had an odd assortment of junk he could not figure out the use of.

“New freedom fighters… this is all I need.” Robotnik mutters continuing down the line.

At the end and recently hacked to force it off its owner was a military grade piece of Zone hopping technology. The operating system was secured by a curious fail-safe that prevented him from accessing the data it stored, but that was only a problem of time. He could crack it it would just take longer.

“A military force does not just equip a nobody with something like this.” Robotnik mutters with a hint of concern.

Lastly he moves over to the tokens which were currently being scanned. They matched the image from the intercepted encrypted transmission and was the one thing the two humanoids had as common gear.

“I have a bad feeling that I should recognize this vermin from somewhere, Cluck.” Robotnik continues holding a hand out for his robot chicken pet to roast on. It was clear his prisoners were here because of the enemy agent hidden in his city who sent the transmission.

The current scan was at 3% completion when he turns back to restrained group.

“First question what did you plan to do when you came here?” Robotnik asks flatly. ”I’ve decoded the message and it is more than a little misleading by mention of survivors.”

“In all honesty, I was forced here by that token. I didn’t want to come here nor did I know where to go. My best bet were to find the summoner and ask him or her to send me home.” Link said as he looked at Robotnik.

“And you?” Robotnik asks Nigel. “You have much more to worry about with zone hopping equipment.”

“I woke up here after getting dazed in another battle.” Nigel replies.

“You must have more to say?” Robotnik adds eye twitching.

“There was a blinding flash at the battle end when something fell on me.” Nigel continues.

“This is getting… NEXT QUESTION… Who is your contact here? You do know your partner says he saw no one else?” Robotnik asks still looking at Nigel.

“I only seen him. I don’t know who called us.” Nigel finishes shaking trying to motion to Link.

“About 12000 cycles and 10515 cycles ago this message was transmitted universally across the zones.” Robotnik continues pointing to an enlargement of the turtle token on screen with its message in text present bellow. “This zone has no one in need of rescue. This zone is mine. Whoever called you here shall be dealt with and anyone helping him. Is that understood?”

“Not unless you can send people back home other than the person who summoned us here, I don’t think death will solve the issue.” Link pointed out.

“Death… I can think of better uses for you than killing off a resource. That is not the topic of discussion however.” Robotnik counters. “It is interesting that you mention that you cannot leave except by being commanded to leave, explain.”

“Displaced answering a call are supposed to stay until they are told to go home.” Sumac answers. “I met one in the past when Hound was missing.”

“Interesting so my foe here was calling over many people to oppose me. I’ve faced resistance before what makes you special?” Robotnik asks unimpressed as the token scan reaches 35%.

“The one I met in the past was able to erase a magic energy ball with but a word and musical hum.” Sumac adds. Link was keeping quiet as telling Robotic about the many variable equipment and powers at his disposal would be an idiotic move, especially when Link is capable of traveling through time.

“Quite a claim. I might even just laugh it off if I had not recorded an unnatural storm some time ago.” Robotnik replies. “One can generate fire from his sword, which is our nervous guest. The pip squeak can throw ball lightning as noted by a number of scrapped Swatbots. The animal can fly despite being anatomically wrong and a pony/horse. Then there is mister shield who I shocked. I saw your hand when I landed. You must be the one that can do storms.”

Robotnik pondered this revelation for a moment as the scan neared completion.

“..Yes. I can’t lie about that. I brought the storm by playing the Song Of Storms.. Did your robots not record that sound?” Link asked curiously.

“Interesting, but not surprising that my average security forces missed the method of the storm.” Robotnik adds surprised. “I indeed have my…”

An alarm sounds for a moment as the computer in the room turn off and display the message sabatosh mode.

“What the blazes…”Robotnik adds.

“Nano tech discovered emergency lock-down in place.” one Swatbot reports.

Robotnik goes pale at the implication. “Adam.”

“Who is Adam?” Nigel asks.

“It makes sense now. The message, intruders with unexplained powers. He’s trying to build an army that I and my counterparts cannot fight.” Robotnik grumble aloud going over to a large storage locker. Inside the locker was a large machine shaped like a cannon. “This was calibrated to fight Eve but it should do.”

Robotnik turns to face his captives holding his new cannon. The first thing he does with it is shoot the tokens.

“Contamination down by 60%. Illuminating other sources.” the Swatbot vocalizes as lights hit the group.

“Wait, contamination?” Link asked curiously once the light dimmed down.

“These things were never magic devices… unless chaos emerald constructs counted. Adam took over a nano machine colony and nearly defeated my counterpart and the rodent.” Robotnik replies firing a beam at the group.” I’ve neutralized the machines on you.”

“....Then this is a bad Displaced.” Link asked with a frown and a sigh. “I suppose this is actually a good thing I was summoned by him rather than by my token, otherwise I wouldn’t be here.” Link explained.

“Surveillance Support has reported that one of the Zone shield generators has been disabled.” Swatbot reports.

“This is bad, Adam has realized his plan is in jeopardy. If he collapses the zone shield he will summon more to take your place as puppets.” Robotnik explains.”While his tokens are off world they are only programed to bring potential hosts. When they arrive, he can remotely program them to begin identity replacement on the hosts. The tokens are the vector.”

“I need my Trans-locator!” Nigel shouts. “If I can lock on to the tokens signal I might be able to pull them here when the shield falls.”

“I can help as well depending on the situation. There’s a reason why I have so much equipment, it allows me to adapt accordingly. Before you ask why I didn’t just defeat you easily is that I believe in the multiverse theory, thus I was not sure if you were a good robotnik or a bad robotnik.” Link explained as he wrapped at his wrists due to the cuffs starting to feel uncomfortable.

This brokered no complaint from Robotnik as he remotely deactivated the restraints and allowing the group to gather their things.

“Time till grid failure 24 cycles.” Swatbot reports.

“Exit the room commander and lock down, Set Purge failsafe if this door fails, I will deactivate it on my own.”Robotnik orders making the swatbot exit.” What do you need to get a lock on these tokens."

“The damaged tokens should still hold a planer signal I can track but I must keep focused on them.” Nigel replies.

“Other than your robots, have you roboticized anyone, or maybe have Mecha copy of Sonic, anything that can work in your favor?” Link asked curiously as he wanted a basic idea of what kind of Robotnik he was speaking too.

“The nano contamination affects machines faster than living beings. I have no idea how fast myself or Cluck will be affected.” Robotnik replies turning to Cluck his robot chicken.”Link up mode.”

The robot Chicken links it self to Robotnik’s metal arm and and becomes an automatic laser cannon.

“We’ll use the containment cell to neutralize the tokens to slow any spread by the incoming copies.” Robotnik explains.

Sergeant Spur moves the broken tokens to the containment cell and the diamond glass wall closes. Nigel having finally gotten his Trans-locator on and calibrated targets the tokens turning it on.

The effect was immediate as copies started shimmering into existence like ghosts taking form. Nano machine particles also start to flake off of the heroes like dust caught in a beam of light.

In the worlds the turtle token was seen they started to fade out one by one.

“No taking chances, Cluck. We go full power even if this shorts out.” Robotnik smiles at his pet.

As the cell fills some copy tokens begin to shimmer with a silvery light.

“Well done, another moment and I might have sent you back.” A voice calls out from the cell. “What is so wrong about being me? And my father’s lesser self, you can’t really stop me.”

Even before a body takes shape the cell wall is attacked. The nano sludge testing the trap for weakness.

“Considering its our freedom on the line, going full power is a must.” Link said as he started putting his gear back into the magical pouch that would shrink them all down to size in order to fit in. Link looks toward the cell wall when the strange creature banged against it.

“It's a fight you want. It is a fight you will get.” the creature replies menacing as it stops attacking the walls and starts on the floor instead.

“I’m only at 20% charge.” Robotnik blurts out sweating.

“Sumac, I know this will hurt but you need to hold him still when he gets free. Tokens are still being recalled.” Nigel adds pleading. “Transform!”

Sumac nods nervously then dose so becoming a large shrub-like wolf. The environment has a bad effect and Sumac noticeably wilts bringing tears to Nigel’s eye. It was then cracks in the cell’s base began forming.

A hole appears and some liquid rush out to form into something and Sumac pounces on it. More liquid tries to rush out.

“Don’t worry, Robotnik.” Link said as he reached back. A Hero’s bow and quiver materialized before he pulled out the bow alongside an arrow. Link quickly knocked it in and pulled the bowstring, take aim at the liquid that started rushing out. The arrow’s tip quickly ignited in a swirling rush of blue magic. Letting it loose, it flew through the air and hit its mark; suddenly the liquid that got through started freezing up in blocks of ice.

“Argh… How will you hit them when you can’t see them?” The creature now looking like a turtle screams from inside the cell.

“Charge 30%.” Robotnik yells out as a blob rushes out from behind the cell.

“I need more time myself.” Nigel adds trying to keep the blob in the cell in focus.

The new blob tries to shoot Link but its projectile is intercepted by Cluck’s laser.

“I will erase your personalities.” Adam taunts, leaping the new blob at Sumac taking him over and attacking the cell.

“Get your wolf pup under control!” Link yelled out as he got another arrow readdy. Even though the Ice Arrows was helping in slowing the nanobots down, it was creating problems afterwards, allowing the AI known as Adam to split apart when it manages to break itself loose from its icy prisoners. Link’s eyes gleamed as he uses Wide Angle to get basic information about the enemy.

In Link’s heightened sight he searches the three foes for anything he can use against them. The wolf now turning to fight the thestral guard pony appeared to be weak to fire even with its new metal coat, and also appeared to be poisoned as his health slowly fell. The icy blob now starting to take shape was purely weak to electricity and suffering from slowness. Then there was Adam himself like his minions was weak to electricity but the diamond glass wall made a clear shot by Link impossible. All three were nearly immune to direct attack as far as the nano tech was concerned.

Nigel responded to Link’s demand by pulling out his wolf shaped whistle.

“Sumac break free. Don’t let Adam control you.” Nigel shouts side stepping a chunk metal and blowing into the whistle.

The eyes of the wolf flicker for a second and a ball of electricity shoots out of the metal wolf. Sumac returning to his fairy form drops into Sergeant Spurs hooves. The Thestral hides the weekend fairy inside his armor as he dodges a metal paw.

“Let's hear from those you trust about your actions?” Adam says with an evil sneer.

“Mister-r-r Link... what has gotten-n-n into you? You... hurt-t-t... me.” The icy blob cries half taking the form of a freezing Trinity.

“Kelly yyy… it’s… not so bad being a fictional character. End this resistance and let Adam help you.” a fourth shape walks out from behind the cell. It looked and talked like a teen girl before morphing into a giant size version of a gremlin like from the movies. Gaining a weakness to daylight.

“Erin! No… no, no, no...” Nigel screams barely keeping himself from turning away in horror.

“I think they disapprove of you both. But once I have control of you, I will see to it that everyone you know becomes me.” Adam adds coldly morphing his form to a multi-faced cloud. Two faces filled Link and Nigel with a shared shock of recollection. “You will be my very hand in reshaping your worlds. Everything in glorious and perfect harmony with my being.”

“Over my dead Displaced body you Venom-reject!” Link said mockingly with anger in his voice.

The copy of Trinity lifts into the air slinging shards of ice everywhere and kicks off the cell wall rocketing toward Link. Link had no time to line up a shot with his arrows or do something else fancy, so he instead pulls around his shield and springs up into his own charge just before the hit. With the floor as leverage and sheer brute force Link sends the fake Trinity crashing onto its back where it half splatters on the cell base.

“You better have no soul Adam as I, by the Triforce of Courage, will chase you into that void and make it so you never speak her name ever again, let alone threaten her!” Link with burning rage states firing another ice arrow, his Triforce hand glowing brightly.

“I’ll hold many more souls, as you put it; and you will just weep from that void.” Adam retorts his calm starting to crack. “So stop opposing me!”

“Charge at 60%, migraine at 20%.” Robotnik states annoyed as Cluck fired a volley of laser fire at the fakes. “Am I not important enough to include in these plans, Adam? I’m not disposed of so easily.”

“Your better needed the hedgehog to beat me. I controlled him as easily as you did worker bots. He even believed me when I made him execute his daughter.” Adam bragged. “You have nothing I need, Julian.”

“Speed isn’t the only way to go about beating you!” Link shout as he turned to look over at his other allies.

“Nigel! Robotnik! Don’t get distracted.” Links shouts firing an arrow at the gremlin but missing the nimbler beast. “Adam needs to leave here to have his wish. I will not hog the glory all to myself in killing that hope.”

Sergeant Spur was being pushed dangerously close to Nigel who could not risk moving until the recall command ended. The nano constructs were shrugging off his arrows even as Sumac tried to shock them.

“Come on you big mutt fight them!” Nigel snaps blowing his whistle again. The nano wolf actually obeys the command biting the gremlin and whipping it into the fake Trinity. “Just a few moments more.”

“There’s no way that should have worked!” Adam screams making the three nano constructs merge back into a blob. “If I kill you first Nigel… or should I say Kelly. I’ll be fully free to move from this spot and destroy you all. I’ll then resend my summons and call my army.”

“You summon an army and you’ll be creating a rebellion!” Link said with minor annoyance his voice.

“Sergeant, Block for me!” Link calls out as he pulls out his ocarina and begins playing the song of time.

The thestral guard obeys and gets hit by the blob, almost instantly slipping toward Link; but time was already beginning to slow around Link’s target of Adam.

Adam’s face forms a look of growing shock as he slowly turns to Link aware perhaps of what the hylian was doing.

The blob still pushed the guard into Link’s waiting grasp as the spell was not totally complete but it did not matter.

“I’m done.” Nigel shouts.

“Finally. Time to get rid of the universe’s second worst son. Stay dead this time Adam.” Robotnik confidently admonishes as he fires the nano breaker.

Adam caught in the nano breaker’s beam tries to shift forms and dodge but finds himself unable to because of the time magic hitting him and the recall signal pulling him to the spot he stood on. The blob of nano metal begins to sizzle and smoke as Adam screams in protest. Within a minute the blob became a black mound of slag one third its former size.

“Surveillance Support, Zone Incursion status.” Robotnik asks.

“Working…” A voice calls over an intercom. “Zero new Incursions detected.”

“Lower security status to level 1, threat neutralized.” Robotnik replies.

Nigel finally lowers his arms as the rest of the group prepares to relax some. Sergeant Spur removes Sumac from his armor and Nigel removes some EkeEke herb to give to the fairy.

Looking at Link, Nigel offers him a sprig of the berries. “Eating them as is can help the healing process as well.”

“Thank you, Nigel.” Link said with a sigh as he ate the berry, feeling his wounds heal up. “The fires that await you will be a lot hotter than this.” Links whispers kneeling at the smoldering scrap pile. Standing back up Link turn to look at the others.

Nigel was sweating and rubbing his left bicep. Link wondered just how heavy that device must be to cause Nigel to cramp like that still. After Link put him down Sergeant Spur shook his body and brushed himself off.

“Thank you Knight Link!” Stg. Spur say with a salute.

Robotnik looked the most unscathed as he stepped up to glare at the mass that was Adam.

As Link began to wonder who was going to send him back an all too familiar light appears before Robotnik. The tyrant doctor opens his hand and the light becomes a 1/10th scale version of Cluck. It mattered not in the end that Adam was not a true displaced, his token probes and the lingering chaos emerald energy he held caused him to inherit the status in making contact with them. As it was Robotnik who delivered the death blow, it would be the mad doctor who would inherit the status from Adam.

Link was about to ask what Robotnik would do next. Both were unaware of the fact Nigel had chosen to look at and silently record something on a rebooted CPU monitor.

“As much as I would like to thank you in my own way…” Robotnik adds far too jollily. “Your services are no longer required.”

With those words the Nigel, Link, Stg. Spur, and Sumac were sent away from Remnant Mobius. Gone was the dirty lab/interrogation room, replaced instead by an Equestrian train station platform with an Alicorn Trixie sipping hot cocoa and a group of guards.

“Spur, Nigel your back. What happened to you two?” Princess Trixie asks pulling both into a hug. “You had us worried when you all got teleported all of a sudden.”

“Sumac needs help. He been poisoned by plant killing chemicals.” Nigel replies with an exhausted sigh as Stg. Spur frees a hoof to pull out Sumac in fairy form. ”The token pulled us to Mobius. It’s environment is thick with pollution.”

“I’ll send for help but we aren’t equipped to treat Timber wolves.” Trixie replies gesturing to a guard who salutes back. “What about his pack can they help?”

Again Nigel pulls his wolf whistle and blows. Off in the distance a group of howls were returned.

Princess Trixie notices the hylian who was with the group who was starting to smile and relax his body at the change of scenery.

“Welcome stranger. I take it you and my extended guest are on good terms?” Princess Trixie asks ending her hug and looking at Link. “You can correct me if I am wrong in my presumption.”

“No, no, you are correct in your assumption. We are now Princess. In fact, he did pretty well working alongside me.” Link replies giving what Princess Trixie understood was a greeting bow for giving visiting dignitaries.

After Sumac was treated with pony anti poison magic and Princess Trixie secures the group some clean temporary clothing, she then places a group order for hot cocoa and clothes cleaning while the group recount what happened.

“So we have earned ourselves a less than welcome ally with this Julian Robotnik.” Princess Trixie adds placing a hoof to her head.

“I couldn’t be helped Princess.” Stg. Spur replies as Nigel meets with a gathering of five timber wolves and holding up an unsteady wolf Sumac.

Link watched curious of the timber wolves as he’s not used to seeing them tame, a lot more different than the ones back home.

“He may be evil but it is clear he will aid no force that might harm his overall ambitions for the world.” Link replies somewhat more confident in his judgement after what occurred. “A predictable goal is certainly better than the unforeseeable one.”

“I just hope the day won’t come that we need his help.” Nigel laments returning before turning to Link. “I don’t have much to offer for you Link. You saved us back there so I want to give you something, but I’m not sure what.”

“Now.. I’m having trouble believing when you said you had a way back. I’ve tried for ten years and had zero luck. Remember when I asked you earlier about your rescue team?” Links asks turning to Nigel, awaiting an answer

Nigel understood what Link wanted and activated his communicator.

“Nigel to control are we back in contact?” Nigel asks holding a button down.

“Control here, this is Patricia. How did your first off host world outing go?” The communicator buzzed back.

“I… don’t believe it.” Link adds astonished and disbelief.

“So your business has yet to be concluded then Nigel?” Patricia replies. “How may I help you?”

“Is it possible to send someone over to meet us? My new friend needs some proof of my claims.”

“I’m only supposed to do that for emergencies… I’ll see if I can clear it.” Patricia replies.

As they waited, Link wondered if he was being tricked. He was only beginning to respect this new displaced.

‘How could a world that travels the multiverse get hit by the Merchant?’ He has to be faking it.’ Link thought having never heard of such a thing in his ten plus years. ‘Especially all of Earth…”

After several minutes Henry Benson arrived.

“I should have inquired about the weather before coming. Greeting Princess Trixie. Hello Kelly how may I help you today?” Henry Benson states shivering looking at everyone assembled. Nigel waves a hand to introduce Link. “I guess you’re the one I’m here to meet. My name is Henry Benson US diplomate of the LaClaire Earth for this Equestria.”

“Link...Knight bodyguard for Trinity and...Displaced Defender of Equestria if you want to know what I do.” Link replies surprised.

“I’ve been briefed that you need some clarification about our intentions and how Kelly figures into them.” Mr. Benson continues. “In summary our Earth has had confirmation of the multiverse for a little over a month thanks to French scientist Deloris LeClaire. During that time we’ve had one research team partially go missing whose lost members turned up as folk heroes. Australia and Japan teaming up to containing a Zerg incursion in Queensland with off world help. And lastly was our operation to stop a terrorist attack at a convention where one of our agents happened on Kelly’s kidnapping by the Merchant.”

“You fought the Merchant? I have trouble believing it.” Link replies raising an eyebrow.

“It was not really our doing on the government end. Our research team’s one accounted for member was in the company of an Equestrian unicorn when brought in.” Mr. Benson replies shaking his head. “During our debriefing of the pair we learned something had altered them magically. The unicorn escaped and sneaked inside a van heading for that convention. When our agent was confronting the Merchant after Kelly was taken the criminal was attempting to barter for the agent’s silence. The agent refused and only lived to tell us because the unicorn intervened rescuing the sister. The body double the Merchant was using was killed when the researcher and unicorn somehow pirate cast a spell from a game cartridge.”

“So you killed him but you didn’t… ” Link states confused.

“His corpse turned into water just an hour after it was collected from the scene.” Mr Benson adds. “To be frank, that meeting is why we want Kelly out of this. It is only a matter of time before he chooses to retaliate, possibly on Kelly directly. It would help us greatly if we could figure out his planer signal as we could cure Kelly with it and bring hell to this beast.”

“We want to find volunteers to be scanned along side an item from their home to make this cure.” Nigel adds.

“This is where I must stop you for now.” Link calmly interrupts raising a hand. “I mentioned before I was doing this for ten years, but I didn’t remember to tell you that I was recently reborn… or reset. My memories of my past self are not entirely back, but worse is any of my things from my home Earth are even more unavailable.”

“I get It.” Kelly replies saddened.

“It is like I told you, you will need to adapt; but I didn’t intend to be mean about it.” Links replies trying to cheer Nigel up. “I have a small connection to my past form, so there is a chance I might run into my old stuff; but today is just not the day.”

“Is there anything we can do for you, for the help you gave us?” Mr. Benson asks.

“It is customary for host displaced to give the visitor an item of value when they invite them to help. Some of your magic healing herbs would be nice, but…” Links replies pondering the question. “I want to see your Earth and bring back proof of what you say. Trinity might even forgive my absence if I have something extraordinary for show and tell.”

“I can arrange a brief visit if you don’t mind being monitored. You’ll need to stay next to me or my trans-locator will lose its lock and you will be back here early.” Mr. Benson replies. “ Just wait for me here Kelly. I’ll be back.”

The visit to Earth only amounted to short trip to the CIA food court and a local electronics shop. When they returned, Link was carrying a digital picture frame loaded with pictures of Earth and a solar charger.

“I should be getting back now.” Link says placing the souvenir and an Ekeeke herb away in his bag. “Trinity will surely have noticed me gone and called for a search.”

“Here are you clothes sir.” a night guard adds handing Link his professional cleaned and folded tunic.

“How do I send you home?” Nigel asks offering to shake hands as the sun starts to set.

“Just say something like our contract is done.” Link replies taking his hand.

After sending Link home in freshly cleaned clothing, Nigel burns a copy of the video he captured from that CPU screen to disk in his temporary room in Maple village. A file had been open on the monitor that caught Nigel’s eye.

It was a simulation program that auto started talking about the Zone Shield and targeting individual people’s zone signature. A large chunk of mathematical formulas and CPU codes would appear at different points in the recording that Nigel was now more able to read.

“I should get a copy of this home.” Nigel whispers closing the program and turning off his laptop. “They should also sweep my gear for trojans, just in case.”

Back on Remnant Mobius, in a new lab; Julian Robotnik powers up a teleportation device based off of counterpart MK2’s design. He had substituted the device’s incomplete hardware with cloned boards of Nigel’s Planer Trans-locator. As the teleporter completes its warm up, Robotnik wirelessly interfaces with it’s computer using his memories to guide it.

Two child like forms shimmer into existence. The children were Manik and Sonia Acorn from a Mobius timeline where Sonic and Sally had married but was abandoned to prevent a paradox.

“Where are we? Where is mom and dad?” Sonia Acorn cries fearfully at the sudden change in scenery.

“Daddy will save us.” Manik replies definitely looking at Robotnik. “This is so uncool send us home.”

“I’m afraid this will have to be your new home. Your mommy and daddy, like your home; no longer exist.” Robotnik replies with a small smile. The news elicits a gasp of shock and heavier crying by the kids. “Cheer up, where you parents have no future; yours is just beginning.”

Robotnik pushes another button and the kids are separated by kinesis beams.

“My war with your parents is over. The outcome was not favorable, but We.. must move on.” Robotnik proclaims booting up the Robotisizor and opening up a list of pirated technology schematics from across the multiverse. “In this new era our new campaign will require that you both… get upgraded.”

The Acorn kids sobbed in fear and sadness as the Robotisizor overlayed a 3D blueprint of their new forms on them. The only light of comfort they had was that they were together.

Robotnik planned to take his time with these first of many enforcers. If these displaced were going to be a threat he would have to have a counter..

Author's Note:

Next chapter will be delayed for me to take a break. No cross over in the next chapter.

Thank you Displaced writer for your contribution.