• Published 19th Oct 2015
  • 1,825 Views, 66 Comments

Fluttercord In Equestria Girls - vcjb242



What started off as catching a trickster quickly turned into something more when the mane 6 helped to reform Discord, and convince him to use his skills for good.

  • ...
22
 66
 1,825

Chapter 9: I Hate You and Rainbowcord

Discord returned to the school running. Soccer practice for Rainbow Dash had just barely ended. Rainbow waited for Discord by the exit gate of the soccer field.

She had her backpack on her left shoulder, her guitar slung over her back, and on her right shoulder she held her sports bag where she kept her soccer uniform and her soccer ball.

Rainbow gave Discord a scowl. Discord took notice of the cold look she was giving him.

"Eh?" Said Discord. "Hello? Rainbow Dash?"

Rainbow kept giving Discord a cold hard glare.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?" She asked him. "I really don’t see why we have to spend time with you, but it doesn’t matter because it’s the Principal’s order’s."

Discord was getting annoyed by her attitude.

"You know what?" Said Discord really tired and frustrated. "Forget it! I don’t have to put up with this."

Discord turned around and began to walk away, Rainbow saw how fast he was walking.

"Wait, Discord." Said Rainbow hurrying to catch up with him. "You could at least tell me how did you do that?"

Discord turned around and looked at Rainbow confused.

"What did I do?" Asked Discord.

"The other day, how were you able to run so fast? How did you jump out of a third story window without hurting yourself? Or how did you manage to evade the security guards and two football teams at the same time?" Asked Rainbow Dash.

Discord looked at Rainbow as what she just asked was unimportant.

"It’s no trick." Said Discord. "That is just my physical condition. I’ve always been able to do things like that."

"It can’t be that." Responded Rainbow crossly. "That’s impossible because I’m the best athlete in all of Equestria and even I can’t do that."

Discord smiled maliciously.

"Ha!" Said Discord, smirking. "That just means that in reality I’m the best athlete in the world."

Rainbow was getting mad. She wasn’t about to let anyone be better than her at athletics especially, this horrible man.

"You know what?" Responded Rainbow furiously. "I Challenge you!"

Discord raised his right brow.

"You and me!" Said Rainbow confidently. "Whoever gets to the park first wins."

At that Discord smiled widely.

"And if I win" Said Discord. "You will show me how to utilize that instrument of many strings that you have on you."

"The guitar?" Asked Rainbow a bit confused.

"Yes, the guitar!" Said Discord. "I would like for you to teach me how to utilize the guitar."

"It’s a deal." Said Rainbow enthusistically. "And if I win, you’ll get to be my personal servant."

"Ha!" Said Discord giving a dry laugh. "It’s a deal!"

Discord quickly removed Rainbow’s backpack, her guitar and her sports bag and put them on.

"I’m giving you an advantage." Said Discord, smiling confidently.

Rainbow smiled and prepared herself. They lined up at the edge of the street, waiting for the race to start.

"On the count of three." Said Rainbow Dash.

Discord got ready.

"Three!" Yelled Rainbow Dash as she began to run.

Discord was confused for a bit but then he was surprised, Rainbow Dash had tricked him. But he didn’t seem to care as he continued to not move from his spot, while smiling maliciously.

Rainbow Dash ran with intense velocity, down the street evading people. She occasionally collided with people and made them fall to the ground. The people she crashed into were annoyed by this and yelled at her as she ran by.

Rainbow continued running. She turned a bit to notice that she was far ahead of Discord. Every time she turned around she couldn’t see any sign of Discord.

"Hahaha!" Said Rainbow as she ran. Her forehead was already full of sweat. "Discord is a fraud! I’ve left him far behind! I’m the fastest in the world!"

Rainbow began to run faster. She looked up at the sky and observed the roofs of the houses. Rainbow was really shocked now. She could not believe what she was seeing. Discord was running on the roofs of the houses, leaping from roof to roof parkour style, still carrying her two bags and guitar.

Rainbow continued running, but the fatigue was winning her over. Upon seeing how far ahead Discord was she tried to resist and tried to keep running.

Discord ran and jumped without stopping. Some of the houses were a lot bigger and he scaled them with ease. Discord wasn’t getting tired, for him this was just another game.

Rainbow continued to run without stopping, her sweat was dripping down her brow now and the rays of the sun were starting to get pretty intense. Rainbow refused to give up now and kept on running.

Rainbow finally arrived at the entrance to the park but her energy had run out upon seeing that at the park entrance stood a proud Discord who was calm and wasn’t sweating, with her stuff on his back and his arms crossed in victory.

Rainbow fell to the ground breathing intensely, trying to regain her energy.

Discord looked at her indifferently.

Finally, Rainbow got up slowly. She walked towards Discord, exhausted and frustrated.

"How did you do that?" Asked Rainbow Dash, standing in front of Discord, looking at him with contempt. "What are you?"

Discord a bit annoyed, gave a small smile.

"Have you ever had to run for your life because you had just stolen a loaf of bread?" Asked Discord.

"Eh?" Asked Rainbow a bit confused. "No?"

"Have you ever been chased with a butcher knife because you had stolen a salami?" Asked Discord calmly.

"No?" Said Rainbow.

"Have you ever had to run from the cops?" Asked Discord grinning. "For stealing water bottles, and any food you could find because you had not eaten anything in weeks?"

Rainbow gave two steps back without taking her gaze off of Discord.

"Eh." Said Rainbow looking at the ground. "I don't think so."

"Life expiriences." Said Discord calmly. "They are the most important lessons."

"Ok?" Said Rainbow a bit uncomfortable.

"Just remember that I won." Said Discord. "Will you show me how to utilize the guitar?"

Rainbow huffed in frustration after having caught her breath.

They both walked to a park bench and sat down. They placed the bags on the ground, next to the bench. Rainbow took out her electic guitar and a small amp.

Discord looked at it with wonder. An electric guitar with the body and the tuning pegs blue and the neck was red.

"Amazing." Said Discord.

"Thanks." Said Rainbow with much sobriety.

Rainbow quickly connected the guitar with a small cable that connected it with the small amplifier, then she placed some batteries in the amplifier.

"Watch this." Said Rainbow grinning.

Rainbow did an awesome guitar solo, remembering the first time that she played and those concerts she played with her friends.

Discord watched the girl with multicolor hair play with enthusiasm. The guitar solo was stupendous, Rainbow was really shredding out that tune. Then Rainbow finished the solo, with an aweseome finale.

"Wow!" Said Discord. "Incredible!"

"Thank you." Said Rainbow with all the ego in the world.

"Can I play the guitar?" Asked Discord

Rainbow didn't like to share her guitar, but she was a loyal girl and would stick to her promise.

Rainbow handed him the guitar with difficulty, she did not want to share it.

Discord grabbed the guitar and looked at all the detail, felt it's texture and it's chords.

"Be careful!" Said Rainbow watching him in fear of him wrecking her guitar. "It's worth more than your life."

Discord was annoyed by her comment but began to play it.

"Rainbow....why are you so difficult with me?" Said Discord. "I've been trying to get along with you."

"Ha!" Said Rainbow. "Yeah right. I remember the time you hit me with the ball and you beat me in the race just now."

"But those aren't real reasons to hate me." Said Discord playing the chords one by one.

"I don't like your character." Said Rainbow a bit annoyed. "You're evil, and I want to trust you but I don't like how you treated my friends or the Principals."

"I don't like your attitude. Responded Discord. "You're demanding, capricious, envious and you are so full of yourself, you have to be the best at everything."

Rainbow had had enough of him. Discord's words had wounded her ego.

"I hate you Discord!" Said Rainbow red with rage. "You have no idea what it's like to have to put up with you!"

"Hate me." Responded Discord calmly, still playing the chords on the guitar. "But if you're going to show me friendship, you should learn that real friends tell each other the truth even if it hurts."

Rainbow calmed down a bit. Then she noticed that Discord was playing the guitar in a very gracious manner. But his guitar solo was impressive. Rainbow was so surprised that she left her mouth open in surprise.
Discord was amazing at playing.

Discord finished his guitar solo.

"How did you do that?" Asked Rainbow Dash. "How did you learn to play so fast?"

Discord grinned.

"The truth is, I lied to you Rainbow." Said Discord. "I know how to play the guitar, I only lied to you so you would let me borrow it."

Rainbow was annoyed by this and she smacked him across the head.

"You're an idiot." Said Rainbow

"Ouch!" Said Discord, rubbing his head. "Well, don't get mad."

Then Discord gave the guitar back to Rainbow.

"That's a really good guitar." Said Discord. "It's spectacular."

"Thanks Discord." Said Rainbow, taking back her guitar. "Where did you learn how to play?"

Discord looked at the trees surrounding them, a bit nervous.

"It's a very long and boring story." Responded Discord. -"I don't think you'd be interested."

Rainbow looked at Discord's expression, that woke up her curiousity.

"I have a bit of time." Said Rainbow sitting back down on the bench. "I won't have a problem with it if it's boring."

Discord didn't like to tell anyone about his personal life, but it was a feeling that he had kept hidden for a long time.

"You see Rainbow," Said Discord. "When I was only 5 years old...."

Rainbow showed indifference, but on the inside she was putting all her focus on Discord.

(Discord's Flashback Memory)

When I was 5 years old, I had escaped from that horrible orphanage, I didn't know what to do on the streets and I was almost always without food and without a home.

One day i got lucky and I found Mere, an old trooper, he played in the streets to survive. Mere was a good man even though he always had a terrible odor, he was fun, intrepid, I thought he was crazy.

With no problem, he practically adopted me. We spent our time singing in the streets, people would throw coins at us giving us enough money to eat.

Every day was an adventure, he was very talented with the guitar.

Most of the time, bus drivers would let us come aboard their busses and sing on them.

He was a very fun person, he always sang with joy and enthusiasm, he sometimes made people laugh with the jokes that he told in the songs.

Mere simply was a good person. He would always tell me:

'Have fun, life is very different and short, always try to be the best but most importantly, be different, be unique.'

He taught me how to play the guitar and a lot of advice on life.

One day we were singing on a bus like we always did, meanwhile, Mere was entertaining the passengers when something strange ocurred.

Mere clutched his chest and he suddenly fell to the floor. It really scared me and I asked for help. Mere wasn't moving, sometime passed and the paramedics arrived. The placed Mere in the ambulance,
they took his guitar and they wouldn't let me get in the ambulance because I wasn't his actual family.

Then the ambulance left.

Days passed, I never heard from him again. I waited for him for two weeks in our meeting spot, and I waited one more week.

Tired, hungry and cold, I took all I had and left to find another place where I could survive.

(End Of Discord's flashback memory)

"Thanks to Mere." Said Discord a bit sad. "I learned how to use the guitar."

Rainbow was actually crying, she couldn't contain her tears.

"Are you crying?" Asked Discord.

Rainbow tried to dry her tears.

"No! I mean yes." Said Rainbow. "I couldn't contain myself, that was so sad."

"Don't worry." Said Discord. "I know he's in a better place."

"I'm so sorry Discord." Said Rainbow recuiperating her character. "Don't tell anyone about this!"

"Don't worry Rainbow." Responded Discord. "Your secret is safe with me. I won't tell anyone, but you can't tell anyone what I told you either."

"Very well." Said Rainbow

"It's not a bad thing to cry Rainbow." Said Discord happlily. "Let it all out."

"I'll do it." Said Rainbow closing her eyes and sobbing.

Rainbow hadn't noticed this but she unconciously rested her forehead on Discord's shoulder. Discord took notice and trembled. Discord didn't know what to do, he once again entered a state of panic.

Some time passed and Rainbow was still resting on his shoulder, Discord was getting desparate.

It began to get dark and it was the perfect opportunity for Discord.

"It's getting late." Said Discord moving aside. "I have to go and you really need to go home."

Rainbow was feeling very uncomfortable, she couldn't believe what she had done. She had never behaved in that manner before.

"You've got a point, egghead." Said Rainbow. "I have to go."

"Do you want me to walk you home?" Asked Discord blushing a bit.

"No! Are you crazy?!I have a reputation to uphold, I can't be seen with you." Said Rainbow, bothered by what he just asked. "Leave me alone! Remember, don't tell nobody about this! Nobody!"

"Ok?" Respended Discord. "It's fine."

Discord said his goodbye and left running.

Rainbow picked up her things and gave a few small shudders.

Meanwhile, in a distant zone in the park, Soarin had been spying on Rainbow Dash. He was very upset, the girl of his dreams was alone with Discord. Soarin growled furiously.

To Be Continued.

Author's Note:

Hope you guys liked it, leave a comment, advice, and suggestions. Please share the fanfic with your friends, it would help him out a lot.