• Published 19th Oct 2015
  • 1,822 Views, 66 Comments

Fluttercord In Equestria Girls - vcjb242



What started off as catching a trickster quickly turned into something more when the mane 6 helped to reform Discord, and convince him to use his skills for good.

  • ...
22
 66
 1,822

Chapter 13: The Date

Author's Note:

It feels great to be back, i was sick so I couldn't update. Huge, huge thank you to BrownieBorn, I Stabs You, and Sammyisfun, for actually commenting on this story. But for real if you have favorited this story, please, please, please comment I want to be criticized. Thank you for reading, commenting and or favoriting.


THE NEXT DAY...
Discord woke up, finally it was his first day off.

Discord remembered that at 11:00 AM he was going to see Fluttershy. Discord smiled, sighed and in a low voice muttered "Fluttershy".

"Discord." Said Celestia, entering the library.

Discord was bothered by her presence and buried his face in his pillow.

"What's up Princess?" Said Discord trying to not show how much her presence bothered him and still having his face buried in the pillow. "It's Sunday."

"I know." Said Celestia standing next to Discord's bed. "I came here to give you something important."

Discord once again buried his face in the pillow.

"What's going on?" Asked Discord through the pillow, annoyed.

Celestia took out an envelope from her purse.

"Take it! It's yours." Said Celestia.

Discord removed the pillow from his face and looked at the envelope that Celestia was giving him.

Discord was confused but he took the envelope.

"What's in it?" Asked Discord. "Is it Anthrax?"

Celestia smacked Discord upside the head, annoyed by his comment.

"No stupid!" Snapped Celestia. "It's your pay."

"My pay?" Asked Discord looking at the envelope.

"I personally pay every employee once a week." Said Celestia.

Discord opened the envelope.

"Wow." Said Discord. "$150 dollars."

"Well, I know it's very little." Said Celestia a bit uncomfortable. "But in time you will have a normal salary."

Discord's eyes gleamed, he felt like a millionaire.

"This is awesome!" Said Discord with emotion. "It will be very useful for today."

Celestia didn't know what he was getting at, but she didn't ask any questions.

"Ok Discord." Said Celestia. "I'll see you on Monday."

Celestia left the building with no problem and with no hesitation.

Discord got up and waited for Celestia to be completely gone. He looked at the clock and saw that it was 9:12 AM. He knew he did not have much time.

He got nervous because he didn't know what to do. Discord didn't even know where to begin when it came to a date. He'd never been on one.

He remembered Fluttershy's face and his heart beat faster, but he also felt very insecure, he had less than two hours to get ready.

Without wasting anymore time, he turned on one of the library's computers and got online. He Google searched: "How to have the best date in the world."

He clicked on the first tab that read: "For dummies"

Discord was a bit offended by the for dummies part, but he really didn't know what else to do.

He skimmed through the page and read only the important details:

"Dress up."

"Give her a meaningful gift."

"Take her to places that she would enjoy."

"Listen to her."

Discord thought about it for a moment.

"It doesn't look too hard." Said Discord. "This will be a piece of cake."

He lifted up his arm and sniffed himself, he smelled horrible.

"Gross!" Said Discord. "I'll have to buy new clothes."

Without wasting time he turned off the computer and left the school to go shopping.

20 MINUTES LATER.

Discord returned to school with bags full of new clothes.

Discord knew that he would have to look good for his date with Fluttershy.

In the boys locker room, Discord began to shower, he used as much soap and shampoo as he could to get rid of the dirt on him as well as that nasty smell he had. He rinsed himself with freezing cold water because he didn't

want to wait for it to turn warm, but he didn't care.

Then Discord used a toothbrush and toothpaste that he bought and brushed his teeth and his mouth, especially his fangtooth. Then he rinsed his mouth.

Next to the showers, there was a mirror. Discord looked at his face and he didn't like what he saw. He had never before really cared about his physical appearance. He didn't quite understand it but now he had a reason to

look his best.

He looked at his beard, with a knife he began ot shave himself, without cutting himself somehow.

Then he used a body spray and sprayed his whole body. Discord wasn't used to using any kind of deodorant and his body began to burn from the sting of the spray.

Discord ran and screamed like an idiot from the strong feel of body spray.

He dried himself off and dressed himself in his new clothes, it was uncomfortable and itchy but it looked good.

He looked at the clock, it was 10:35 AM, Discord got worried because he had little time left.

Without a second thought, he ran out of the school and immediately went to the park.

In the street about halfway to the park he began to feel uncomfortable.

"Mother fu*cker- Said Discord. I forgot the damn gift."

Discord didn't know what to do.

"What do girls like?" Discord asked himself. "Gummy worms? Cell phones? Burning water?"

Discord thought about it for a moment.

"Fluttershy loves animals." Said Discord. "But she already has a lot of them."

"Fluttershy loves to sing." Said Discord. "But she already has a tambourine."

"Would she like chocolate milk?"

Discord didn't know what to get her, he was going to be late.

Walking through the streets, he found a flower stand.

"Flowers?" Asked Discord. "Why do women like flowers?"

He quickly walked up to the flower stand, he was attended by Rose.

"Good day" Said Rose in a friendly tone. "What can I help you with?"

"Hello." Said Discord. "Can you give me a bouquet of flowers, cheap but beautiful."

Rose looked at her client. She couldn't believe who it was.

"Professor Discord?" Asked Rose.

Discord looked at the girl confused.

"Eh?" Said Discord. "Do I know you?"

"Yes." Said Rose. "On Friday you helped me out with a very difficult calculus problem."

Discord took a closer look at the girl, he really did not remember her.

"Well ok." Said Discord. "Hey, can you help me out?"

"What can I help you with?" Asked Rose once again.

"What flowers do you recommend?" Asked Discord. "It's for someone special."

"It depends on the occasion." Said Rose. "A date? An anniversary? A proposal? Or are you apologizing?"

"It's for a date." Responded Discord looking at his watch. "Please, you have to be quick."

Rose wasted no time and handed Discorda bouquet of roses.

"Here you go!" Said Rose. "That'll be $7.85."

Discord payed her.

"Ok, thank you." Said Discord. "Goodbye."

Immediately Discord ran off with the bouquet in hand.

Rose was surprised by his behavior.

She immediately took out her cell phone and posted a status to a social networking website.

On the social network site, on the school page Rose publicized her status.

"Discord the tutor, janitor's assistant and kitchen helper has a date with someone."

Some of the students liked the status and they began to comment.

"That's just strange and gross. I'm referring to Discord."

They left other comments.

"We saw him with Pinkie Pie at Gilda's party."

Another comment followed that one.

"But the other day in the park he was playing guitar with Rainbow Dash."

Another comment followed that one.

"I hear that he declared his feelings to the cowgirl."

Another comment followed that one.

"Sweetie Belle told me that he was Rarity in the boutique." (The comment received 30 likes)

Another comment followed that one.

"It's repulsive how he's spending time with these young girls. He could possible be the same age as Celestia and Luna."

......

The comments continued on the post. By then most of the students had heard about the rumor.

MEANWHILE AT FLUTTERSHY'S HOUSE.

Fluttershy was up in her room, her bunny angel was keeping her company.

Fluttershy was a bit uncomfortable and nervous, she was going on a date with the one who caused her fear.

"What should I do Angel?" Asked Fluttershy. "What am I going to wear?"

Angel looked at her disgusted, he didn't want Fluttershy to go out with that guy.

"Oh my God!" Said Fluttershy. "I'm about to be late and I don't want to let him down."

Angel crossed his arms. Fluttershy remembered the face of Discord.

"But...." Said Fluttershy a bit scared. "That boy scares me."

Fluttershy thought it over for a moment.

"But he's so gentle." Continued Fluttershy talking to herself. "He was nice to me."

Fluttershy looked at Angel, Angel did not approve, he had on a scowl.

"Don't worry Angel bunny." Said Fluttershy. "I'll only go out with him as a friend."

Fluttershy looked at her clock, it was 10:51 AM, she was going to be late.

Fluttershy grabbed a light green hoodie, then threw open her door and bolted down the stairs and got to the front door.

"Where are you going Fluttershy?" Asked her father, from the living room, sitting on a couch and watching TV.

Fluttershy felt a bit nervous, her parents didn't like her to be going out with people, much less her girl friends or guy friends.

"I'm going to go see my friends." Responded Fluttershy. "At the adoption center."

"You're not going to see any boys, are you?" Responded her dad a bit annoyed and distrust.

"No dad!' Said Fluttershy. "I'm going to go look after the animals and feed them."

"Ok, you can go." Said her dad. "Don't deceive your father."

"I won't dad, I promise." Said Fluttershy.

Fluttershy left her house, she felt a bit guilty for lying to her dad, but Fluttershy knew that at the end of the date with Discord she would get to see her animal buddies. Fluttershy's worry about seeing her animal friends was

the least of her problems.

Meanwhile, Discord had arrived at the park, it was 10:59 AM.

"How exciting." Said Discord to himself happily. "I'll get to see Fluttershy again, my hands are sweaty and my heart beats faster every time I think of her."

He looked
at his watch and it was 11:00 AM.

"I hope she looks beautiful." Continued Discord. "Well, she always looks beautiful."

It was 11:01 AM

"Oh no, it's late." Said Discord. "Did she ditch me? Did I get the location wrong? Did I get the time wrong?"

It was 11:02 AM

"Did she regret coming here?" Said Discord a bit anguished. "Is she playing a joke on me? Maybe she doesn't want to see me, I don't blame her."

It was 11:03 AM

"Who am I kidding?" Said Discord sadly. "She's not coming, it was too good to be true."

It was 11:04 AM

Discord got on his knees, full of despair.

"I've been a fool! An idiot!" Said Discord, holding back tears that threatened to fall. "I'm the worst."

Suddenly, from a far away distance, he hear the cry of a girl.

"Discord!"

Immediately, Discord got up off the ground, dusted off his clothes, pulled a small cologne bottle from his pocket and sprayed his body with it, wiped away his tears and adjusted the bouquet of roses and grinned.

Fluttershy appeared and got closer to Discord.

"Hello my dear Fluttershy!" Said Discord holding out the bouquet of roses. "These are for you as a symbol of our friendship."

Fluttershy was impressed. Discord looked different, he looked so clean and proper. The roses were beautiful, without hesitation she took the bouquet.

"Oh Discord!" Said Fluttershy smiling widely. "Thank you so much! They're beautiful!"

"Beautiful flowers," Said Discord smiling. "For a beautiful girl."

Fluttershy blushed and looked at the ground.

Discord confidently grabbed Fluttershy's shoulder swiftly.

"What do you want to do?" Asked Discord so sure of himself. "Go to the movies? Dinner? A trip to the moon?"

Fluttershy smiled happily from Discord's contagious joy. But in an instant she was sad.

"Well," Said Fluttershy timidly. "I don't know, whatever you want to do."

Discord looked at Fluttershy, her beautiful face reflected shyness and sadness. It looked like something was bothering her.

Discord noticed that the date was not starting off on the right foot. He began to remember what it said on that web page. "Take her to places that she would enjoy."

Discord suddenly got some ideas.

"Fluttershy!" Said Discord. "I'm going to read your mind."

"What?" Said Fluttershy, surprised.

"Don't move." Said Discord.

Discord closed his eyes and began to softly rub Fluttershy's forehead. Fluttershy only remained quiet, she didn't comprehend what Discord was doing.

Discord loved feeling the soft yellow skin of Fluttershy.

"I'm getting the feeling that you're worried about something." Said Discord concentrating and keeping his eyes closed. "Something that can be both singular and plural."

Fluttershy with her eyes closed, smiled. Discord's fingers rubbing against her forehead were starting to tickle a little.

"They are small and furry." Continued Discord. "Some of them tied me up yesterday."

Fluttershy let out a small giggle, a very adorable giggle.

"You're worried for your little friends." Said Discord. "You want to go see them?"

Fluttershy was impressed, it seemed that Discord had truly read her mind.

"You're right Discord." Said Fluttershy sadly. "I'm worried about them."

Discord gave small smile, understanding her worries.

"I'm really sorry Discord." Said Fluttershy a bit pained. "But I want to go and see my little friends."

"Well then." Said Discord. "Let's go see them."

Fluttershy looked at Discord, stunned.

"Really?" Asked Fluttershy, not losing her surprise. "You want to go with me?"

Discord looked her in the eyes then he looked away.

"Well." Said Discord. "If you don't want to accompany me then I understand perfectly well..."

-No Discord!.- Said Fluttershy happily. -I would really like it if you accompanied me.-

Discord smiled.

"Before you go with your friends." Said Discord. "Let's go shopping."

"Why?" Asked Fluttershy, not comprehending.

"But of course!" Said Discord pulling money out of his pocket. "We'll buy food and toys for your little friends, at the adoption center and at the park."

"Discord!" Said Fluttershy a bit ashamed. "You don't have to do that."

"I know I don't have to but.." Said Discord. "I want to do it, for you."

Fluttershy blushed, because she knew it wasn't right.

"B-b-b-but, Discord." Fluttershy stammered. "It's really not necessary."

"Not to worry, my dear Fluttershy." Said Discord. "All my life I've lived without anything so I really don't need this money."

Fluttershy looked at Discord and was really paying attention to what he was saying.

"But, I am going to be using this money." Said Discord. "I want to use it to help you as a token of our friendship."

Fluttershy let loose a few tears of joy and hugged Discord. Discord didn't see the hug coming, so he was in a state of shock.

"Thank you Discord." Said Fluttershy without letting go of Discord. "It's the nicest thing you've ever done for me."

Discord couldn't move, he felt as if he was made of stone, he couldn't return Fluttershy's hug, he felt panic.

Although he was panicking, Discord really enjoyed the hug, it felt really warm, Fluttershy's small arms enveloping him as if they were wings. Discord caught a whiff of the sweet scent of her hair, it smelled like flowers and

Discord wanted this hug to last forever.

Then Fluttershy stopped hugging Discord.

"Sorry about that Discord," Said Fluttershy now beet red and very shy. "I really am."

Then Discord regained his senses and as they were both still blushing hard, they began to walk to the animal food store to buy the food for the animals.

As they were leaving, they returned each other's grin. They first went to the adoption center and without hesitation Discord helped Fluttershy to feed the animals.

While they were walking, Discord noticed how beautiful Fluttershy looked. Discord could feel his heart beat intensify, for Discord she was the most beautiful girl in the world. They walked close together. Discord tried his

hardest to not look over at Fluttershy.

Discord also snuck a glance at Fluttershy's hand, he wanted to hold her hand more than anything right now and walk together as if they were boyfriend/girlfriend. But he knew that that action would ruin the moment.

Then they arrived at the park and Fluttershy greeted her animal friends and then she fed them. She even convinced Discord to help. Discord didn't hesitate and he began to help out Fluttershy feed the animals sitting very

close to her.

After feeding the animals, they spent a lot of time sitting in the park, talking anecdotes and telling each other jokes, sometimes contemplating on climbing the trees.

Later in the evening, Discord walked Fluttershy home all the way to her front door. As they said their goodbyes, Fluttershy still had the bouquet of roses he had given her.

"Thank you so much Discord." Said Fluttershy. "Sorry if this was any trouble to you."

"On the contrary Fluttershy." Said Discord. "I had fun! A lot of fun! Did you have fun?"

Fluttershy smiled sweetly and nodded her head.

"Fluttershy!" Said Discord, a bit nervously. "Can I see you again after class tomorrow?"

Fluttershy opened her mouth in surprise, her face was a deep shade of red now.


"Y'know..to visit your little animal friends." Said Discord, shyly. "And walk you home."

Fluttershy completely understood what was going on and in her mind she knew that "it could be worse" but she couldn't say no.

"Of course Discord!" Said Fluttershy smiling. "I would love to!"

Discord smiled, his eyes shined bright with emotion.

"Great!" Said Discord. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Goodbye Discord." Said Fluttershy smiling shyly.

Discord took off running and jumping with joy.

Fluttershy glanced at Discord and how he was running with joy, then she looked down at her bouquet of roses and felt very ashamed and sad. She knew that she wouldn't be able to enter her house with it not without her

father asking her a million questions.

With much pain and regret, she threw the bouquet in the trash, and let out a sigh of anguish. To be rid of such a beautiful gift to her was unforgivable, then she calmed herself down and went inside her home.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Thanks from the heart and thank you for your support and your help.

If you liked the fanfic please share it, leave a comment, constructive criticism, advice, and share it with your friends it would help a lot.