• Published 8th Jun 2012
  • 1,995 Views, 64 Comments

Artemis Fowl and the Equine Dominion - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



After one of Artemis' schemes go wrong, he and his posse are flung into Equestria.

  • ...
10
 64
 1,995

Fluttershy's Lament

A powder-white rabbit bounded through the open door, nearly colliding with his caretaker. He tugged on her coat repeatedly, an embodiment of the definition of insanity.

"Not now, Angel. I almost have your salad. You can stop fussing now, okay?" The long-maned, pale yellow pegasus said, carefully balancing the plump cherry on the mound of various greens. Angel continued tugging, and pointed outside with his free hand. Fluttershy carefully placed the bowl on the floor, and turned to Angel.

"Angel, what is it?" She asked, slightly annoyed, and Angel grabbed her mane, leading her through the doorway.
"What's the matter Angel?" She asked as Angel continued frantically guiding her outside. The duo descended the path from her house to a nearby stream, Angel scurried along with a look of anxiety. He stopped near a ruffled bush, and hid behind a nearby rock. "Is there something in here?" Fluttershy asked. Angel nodded furiously, and pointed at a small figure lying inside the bush.

"Oh, is it hurt? Should I go help it?" Fluttershy asked Angel. Angel shook his head, and continued cowering. "Stop being silly, Angel. Let me take a look at it." She said, and leaned down, peering at the figure. She whispered, "Hello? Are you okay?" She received a squeak, and picked up the figure with her mouth, gently laying it in the light. The sight appalled her, and she leaped back, sharing Angel's fear. A small white mouse was in front of her, shivering on the ground, a dark metal ring wrapped around it. Small black and gold tendrils spread under its fur from where the object touched it, glowing faintly with their respective colors.

Fluttershy leaned out from behind the rock, and cautiously approached the mouse. She slowly reached her hoof towards it, and made contact with the black device attached to the mouse. A burst of golden light engulfed her, and she felt it peeling away at her in a metaphysical tug of war, fighting to fling her through the dimensional void. She had no way to fight it, and helplessly watched as her surroundings faded, and everything disappeared, a black nothingness replacing it. She felt like she was watching herself, a spectator to the events unfolding before her. But as she began to calm, a burst of golden light again began spreading through the void. A stone-like surface began extending from her hooves, curling up and forming walls, and a ceiling, which were adorned with various gauges and pipes, strange glowing walls of text accompanying them...


Artemis watched in awe as not only the lab rat returned, but a ominous, pastel colored being. A long candy-pink mane swept over half of the being's snout, which in turn was coated in pale yellow fur. The rat seemed to be fused to the device, but that was no matter as of now. This tag-along had provided all the convincing he needed to use the device himself, but a necessary precaution was the examination of the creature, and the recovery and examination of the device. It's interaction with organic material was troubling, yet the fact that the pale yellow quadruped was unharmed by it generated a slew of questions. He would need more time


She began backing into a corner, her mane dangling limply over her face, hoping the gaunt figure would ignore her. To her relief, the figure backed to the opposite corner, and gently pressed a button protruding from the wall, but never averting his view from her. The mysterious biped was clad in a sleek, futuristic sport jacket, a ruffled, mostly buttoned, white cotton collared shirt. His dark brown mane was cut relatively short, a few strands of hair jutting in random directions, a tired, yet confident mask on its face. The metal section of wall behind it slid open, revealing a closet sized room behind it. The thing stepped into it, and the wall slid shut again, a whirring sound accompanying the closure of the metal panel.

Fluttershy emerged from her corner, and examined the mouse. The device was still bound to it, and as she appeoached, it pitifully squealed, begging for death. It was immobilized by the ring, and even with the health of a creature at stake, Fluttershy's fear and disorientation prevented her from assisting it. She was transfixed to the gruesome sight, the horror of the mouse's impending doom paralyzing her. She stared as the mouse stopped attempting to squirm, or scurry, and accepted its fate. She shed a silent tear.


Artemis emerged from the elevator and strolled at a brisk pace towards the security room, where Butler was monitoring the chamber. Artemis passed through the doorway, and peered over Butler's shoulder. The experiment was a success and failure. His destination's authenticity was confirmed, but there seemed to be a few kinks in the device. Butler rose from his chair, and turned towards his charge. The hulk of a man, towering over the twelve year-old mastermind before him, a seven foot tall brute, spoke.

"What do we do with it, sir?"

"What we would do with any miraculous discovery, my friend." Artemis replied, and beckoned for Butler to follow.

"Sir, what do you wish me to do with it?" Butler inquired as he paced aside Artemis, maintaining a brisk pace.

"Restrain it. If it is necessary, you may harm it." Artemis replied after a brief moment of reflection. The duo arrived at the elevator, and Butler began shifting his suit slightly, scratching his leg, and generally appearing to be lost in thought. To the above average Mercenary, Assassin, or soldier, the slight glints of steel that accompanied Butler's shifting would've alerted them to the mobile armory he carried. The Sig Sauer P226 in a shoulder holster, plethora of throwing knives in his boots, garrote in his watch, stun grenades stuffed in his various pockets, and a good old ball bearing cosh stuffed in his shirt provided ample security for his charge. But on this occasion, he had a weapon he rarely used on his person. A specialized tranquilizer dart rifle, fully automatic, and extremely accurate. He planned to please his charge.

The door slid open with a metallic hiss, and Butler stepped inside.

"I wish you luck, friend." Artemis said. Butler nodded, and pulled a throwing knife from his boot, twirling it in his gargantuan hands.


Well, how was that? Constructive Criticism is appreciated, and please up/down vote fairly.