• Published 22nd Oct 2016
  • 1,296 Views, 9 Comments

Silver Wolf - CasperSantiq



I never thought I would ever see the Lunaris in person till I joined the hunt, now I find myself in a land of a people unlike those I come from

  • ...
7
 9
 1,296

Born to Die, Raised to Fight

Bren Rhed Huud

The first thing I noticed was the wind. It was howling... In my ears. That's odd due to the fact that I know that I had been in the Redhood barracks the last time I went to bed. The second was that I had a full battle harness on, the silver/steel weapons weighing me down. I opened my eyes to find that I was on a cloud, which I for sure last time I checked was impossible. Thirdly, I was incredibly comfortable. By the hoods, I was soo comfortable. I think that the last time I was this relaxed was when I had been forced by my older sister to get... well the masseuse had been great.

In the distance, I swore that I could hear some screaming. They sounded like they had done so before, their screams were clear and steady. Slowly, I rose to spy from whence the noise persisted. I was perturbed as to the location of said screams, an odd town of sylf and mages below me. The slyf were all trying to fly away from some commotion that had taken place at the edge of the town closest to a REALLY weird crystal castle. A closer inspection of the commotion revealed a silverish werewolf rampaging below. With a quick pat, I found that I had been fully equipped, even my family heirloom had been strapped on my back, the ancient great sword known as God Slayer.

I tried to guess the distance that I would have to drop in order to land down there, with a shrug I tilted over the edge and aimed at the beast. I reached back and unhitched the sword from my back and prepared for the landing. A few seconds ticked by as I flew down in an intercepting angle towards the wolf, a bored expression clear on my face as I dropped. 'damn, this is going to hurt... eh, had worse.' With a great heave, I flung the sword straight into the beasts back, nearly cleaving it in twain.

I tucked and prepared for the impact I had set up towards a cart full of cabbages and carrots, knowing full well how much this was going to hurt. with a crash and a really loud crack, I broke the carts suspension and wheels, rendering it useless. My whole chest and back hurt like I had been batted by a werewolf, I let out a groan and slowly rose up from the wreckage. I looked over to where the werewolf had last been, finding the sword stuck in the ground with a blood trail off to one side.

I frowned, 'The silver content should have negated the vulf healing factor, let alone the fact that strike should have killed... Oh shit, it's the Silver wolf again.' I sighed and walked over to the braided sword, planting my feet and yanking it out of the ground. The screams had died down by now, few were doing so. I looked to the blood trail that had formed, following it would be child's play at this point due to the lighter color of dirt used for the road. The blood led off to the left, next to a few stalls and leading into a alleyway. There were scratch marks on the sides of the homes spattered with blood, trailing further into it.

I shook my head, knowing full well that if I were to try and follow it into the closed way, I would be in for a deadly surprise. Instead, I opted for climbing onto a roof. I began to follow the trail into the back alley, noticing that the blood trail had begun to tapper off, the scratch marks were almost all I had to go by, by the time I reached the end of the trail leading into a forest. The tree line was nearly five hundred feet away, showing me a clear landscape and no werewolf.

I cursed under my breath, lightly stomping my foot. A creaking sound began after I did so, I groaned in sync with the wood. With a light jump, I cleared the house before the roof gave way beneath me, a hole forming right where I had been standing. I sighed, reaching into my pocket and sheafing out a few wads of magi notes. With a silver dart, I nailed the scripts to the back door to the house. I nodded to myself, satisfied with the payment, and left the alleyway. I found that I had barely reached the end of the town, a bit closer to the crystal affront to nature than I wanted to be, but a bit closer to a pair of metal track that were parallel to each other over wooden planks.

Off to the side I saw a raised platform with a small shed attached to it, a person with the strangest color of hair within. The color was that of fresh plucked daisies. Slowly, I walked up to the structure, eyeballing his hair. It was at this time that I noticed that I had my hunter mask on, a very hard piece of holy wood cured and treated to be nearly impossible to break by normal means. which meant that I had been parading around with a fairly terrifying look. fuck.

It was at this time that the person inside the little hut to notice me and start screaming his head off and call for help. I quickly unsnapped the fastening that held it to my face and pulled off my mask, waving at him to calm down. "Hey, It's just a mask!"

As he took notice of the fact that it was just a mask, he held his chest as if he had a heart problem, a dirty look focused on me. "Don't go and scare ponies like that, jerk!"

I rolled my eyes and looked around before realizing what he had just said. "What?" I probably had that look again where if I don't get something I just blank out, like really hard. "What the hell did you say at the end of your sentence?"

Another funny look. "Jerk, why?"

I stalked forward. "I am pretty sure that you said 'Pony'. Now, normal people don't say that in conjecture to themselves or others around them, so I am going out on a limb here to ask if that is what every one here says that." i walked over to the small shed. "Now if that were true, that would mean that I happen to be in a rather interesting kerfuffle. Do you follow?"

I heard foot steps coming up behind me, like someone whom had a rather bad day and tried not to cry. For some reason I had to put a label on every type of walking that I ever hear. this one time, my older brother had tried to sneak up on me and I had heard him over the party that had been going on and told him that he sounded like he was trying to imitate the wrong style of sneaking to come up from behind me. He had thrown me into the mead barrel anyway.

The sobbing was probably tipped me off as to weather or not she had been in an argument or not, the angry huffs were another. Of course, I was not going to open that cage. I had barely turned around when I saw her. The red hair, the round face, her angry eyes... "Diana... ihr leben Diana..." I collapsed onto my knees, my heart stuttering as I raced to realize what I was seeing. It can't be... no. please no more.. I could feel the tears streaming down my face as I sat there, wishing this could be true.

Comments ( 2 )

I don't know what the fuck is happening. :pinkiecrazy:

7798194 After being ejected from the castle, Argen blows his top, and Bren wakes up on a cloud. From there we have a rather well performed swan dive into a cart holding something, with a side of impailment for argen, which possibly snaps him from that. Followed by Bren thinking he sees a dead girl.

Login or register to comment