• Published 17th Oct 2015
  • 615 Views, 4 Comments

The heir of the trickster - Equestriasservant



Princess Luna's loneliness pulls a human from earth. But this human has a connection to discord in a way that even Celestia couldn't have imagined

  • ...
9
 4
 615

Chapter 4: The council's meeting

The chamber was dimly lit, a faint bluish light emanating from the large, circular pool of water in the middle. Large, curving walls made of browning rocks surrounded the pool, some expelling dust or loose chips of rock. The water rippled slightly in a non-existent breeze. The chamber was bare...except for the gigantic statue set against one of the walls. It was shaped like the upper part of a human torso, with two thick muscular arms sticking upwards, the elbows resting on the stone floor. The wrists were bent so that the palms were facing up, the fingers bent so that each were pointing straight up. A pair of thick steel bands were wrapped around the wrists with a thin steel rope connecting them. The head was large, with a massive mouth hanging open, each stone tooth sharpened to a point. A large band had been carved so that wrapped around the creatures head. There were nine closed eyes, carved so that there was a group of four on each side, with a larger eye at the center.

If any creature had come into this dank chamber, it would have been impossible to miss the giant statue, even with the gloom of the chamber. But there was nothing to see the statue. No sign of life. Even the noise of the falling rock chips seemed dulled. Sitting in the center of the large pool, almost as though a child had placed it there, was a small mound of rock, not quite large enough to be an island but big enough that it could be seen as trying. A small stone block was set on this small mound, atop of which was a small, square shaped box, with the walls missing, the flat top supported by four thin pillars. Inside the box was a large candle made of yellowish wax. The small flame that was burning pathetically in the gloomy room. What little light the candle provided was immediately swallowed up by the gloom. But such Darkness suited the needs of the council of chaos. After all, the group had needed a secret hideout. No secret society was complete without a secret hideout. It was the way of these things.

Suddenly, there was a low hum and a light began to shine above one of the thick stone fingers. The light was glowing with a multi-colored glow. At first, it was only a thin beam of light but it began to twist and turn, as though it was alive, the light thickening, spreading out as though it was oil on water. The light thickened, some elongating into a pair of arms and a head. Finally the elongation of light stopped. The shining light was now in the shape of a thin, human male. The human was standing on the top of the finger as though he'd been there for several hours. Covered by what appeared to be a thick cloak, that extended to the males knees. A shock of long hair was atop the persons head, though what color it might've been was obscured by the multi-colored light that seemed to make up his body. A pair of eyes, that seemed to have no pupils stared up at the face of the statue he was standing on. The thick cloak covered the lower part of the mans face, hiding the smile

"You stare at the thing to long, you'll go blind Eclipse." Said another male though light-hearted voice. There was another low hum and a second beam of light appeared on another of the thick-fingers. Once again, the light elongated, spreading out into another form. Like the first one, the new-arrival was wearing a thick cloak that covered most of the his body. The new arrival was also composed of multi-colored light. He too also had eyes that had no pupils. A pair of arms were crossed in front of the arrivals chest pulling the cloak up slightly. A head-band was secured over the humans eyes. Eclipse turned to look at the new arrival. "How long have you been here?" Demanded the new arrival. The voice had a metallic, artificial quality to it. "It's been quite a while since you called us here like this Eclipse," The arrival said shrugging his shoulders slightly, "What possible need could you have for calling the council again?"

"The heir has disappeared Jay." Eclipse said coldly. Tainted by the communication spell, Eclipse's voice had a harsh grating quality to it. Jay's multi-colored eyes widened slightly, and the arrival uncrossed his arms. Eclipse's smile widened slightly beneath his cloak. "That's got your attention hasn't it?" Jay's eyes narrowed slightly. Eclipse tensed. Despite the fact that their conversation was being conducted over a special magic, Eclipse new better than to antagonize a fellow council member. You didn't do that unless you had a death wish....or had about the same level of power. Jay tilted his head to one side so that one corner of his mouth could be seen. His holographic lip had curled into a slight snarl. "Apparently," Eclipse said slowly, trying to word the news without Jay losing his temper. "Rick turned up out of nowhere and adopted him." Jay's narrowed again. Eclipse nodded coolly. "I know. I have no idea how he got away with..."

"Rick's back again?" a voice interrupted. Like before, this one was male, though it was slightly lower than either Jay's or Eclipse's. Two other holograms appeared, both on fingers in-between the two figures. Eclipse and Jay both waited until the figures had materialized. One was taller than the rest with two curtains of hair covering a thin, slightly freckled face. Unlike the others however, the cloak the human was wearing seemed a little to short for him. A pair of small dog tags hung around the males neck. Inscribed upon the the tags was the name: Robin. Eclipse sighed and Robin frowned. "Don't sigh at me Eclipse." Robin said coldly, ignoring the small wave that Jay gave him. "You know it was risk that the orphanage was a risk. Especially after we took..." But Robin stopped. Both Eclipse and Jay had noticed it too. The other hologram that had materialized beside Robin had finally come into view.

The new arrival was shorter than all the previous arrivals. Like the other three, the arrival was male. He had a shock of short hair, cut in ragged clumps. Unlike the rest, however the male was not wearing a cloak. Instead, the new arrival was wearing a large jacket, almost like a school blazer, with a pair of jeans an a pair of high rise boots. This newest figure had raised one of his arms, so that the hand was raised to shoulder height. The other three watched carefully as the new arrival curled all his fingers until all but two remained sticking up. The new arrival pointed these two fingers at Jay, then Eclipse , then Robin who all exchanged glances. Their holographic forms flickered slightly, as though their holograms were having bad reception. Once again, the new arrival raised his hand, cocked his fingers and pointed them at the others.

"Yes, we've all made mistakes Jinx." Eclipse said coldly, his eyes not looking away from Jinx. "But we now know what to do with the knowledge that we have gained." Eclipse smiled nodding at Jinx. "In your world, your power was abused and the world almost ended." He turned to Jay. "In your world, your six-feet-under, AFTER you tried to protect those selfish ponies." Then he turned to Robin. "And in your world, your partner was executed and humans and ponies are at war." He shook his head. "Can any of you really say that because we've made mistakes, we're supposed to accept our punishments?" Jinx, Jay and Robin traded glances, then each shook their heads slowly. "Alright then." Eclipse said, clapping his hands together softly. "Yes Robin, Rick has returned and he's taking the heir to Equestria." Eclipse sighed again and shook his head. "We're still not ready for the sealing though." Eclipse said impatiently. "Jay!" He snapped. "Have you collected the cells yet." Jay sighed but nodded tiredly. Eclipse smiled. "Then all that is needed is Ben. Once we have him..." Eclipse lapsed into silence.

"Then, if our business is completed?" It was the first time Jinx had spoken. He had a rich, fruity voice. Eclipse nodded slightly and turned back to the statue. "Then I guess we have our own assignments to deal with don't we?" Nobody spoke. Jinx nodded at both Jay and Robin, neither of whom reacted. There was a soft buzzing noise then Robin's hologram flickered and went out. Jinx's hologram faded out as well. But Jay's hologram did not. Instead, the hologram turned its gaze to focus on the statue's face. Eclipse stiffened slightly, before turning back to look at Jay. He frowned. It was not usual for members of the council to remain behind after a meeting. Eclipse didn't like it when things deviated from a schedule. When things weren't planned, things weren't under his control. And when things weren't under his control, they posed a problem.

"I apologize for this Eclipse but I know that my wood-style will be needed. Plus the sealing spell. But when we strike, will Ben's soul still be needed for project Suki-No-May?" Eclipse shook his head once. Jay smiled slightly. "What will be done with....ah to hell with it." Jay sighed and turned away. "I cannot wait for the project to start." Jay's hologram shut off with another humming noise. Eclipse chuckled lightly, taking one last look up at the statue. He smiled slightly and was glad there was nobody else to see him do it. Smiling was such a rare thing for him. But Eclipse supposed he could let one slip out.

"Any day now." He told the statue quietly. "He'll be here any day now." Then with another soft humming noise, Eclipse vanished to, returning the chamber back. Back to the quiet it had once enjoyed.