• Published 17th Oct 2015
  • 609 Views, 4 Comments

The heir of the trickster - Equestriasservant



Princess Luna's loneliness pulls a human from earth. But this human has a connection to discord in a way that even Celestia couldn't have imagined

  • ...
9
 4
 609

chapter 2: The moons malice

The sun had hidden itself behind the mountain, upon which the majestic castle of Canterlot was fixed. The city of Canterlot, perched slightly below the castle was now glowing brightly, the lights hidden behind many glass windows, casting an orange veil all through and over the sprawling city, the veil providing a cover from the black sky, in which hung a full moon, glowing pearly white like a gigantic diamond.. The ponies, a mixture of Unicorns and Earth ponies strode through the streets, each dressed in fine suits that covered the upper parts of their bodies. There was a quiet babble of talk over the small groups as they slowly dispersed back to their homes. The swanky shops, each showing a variety of high quality goods, ranging from smart-party clothes to top-quality ingredients. Each shop was closed however, the interiors dark and empty.

A figure strode across the wide street. Garbed in black robes, the figure moved slowly through the streets, pausing every so often to look into the darkened interiors of the shops. A pair of crimson eyes stared back at the figure from the glass. The reflection did not reveal much about the figures body. The only thing that showed was the pair of crimson eyes, gazing back at him. The pupils, while black, were slanted, almost snake-like. The figure was tall, though the cloak still covered the entirety of his body. The cloak barely fluttered as the figure finally tore his gaze away from the wedding dresses in the shop window and strode up the street. The blood-red gaze traveled over the tall skyscrapers, the shops and some of the last stragglers, making their way home. The eyes narrowed slightly, the snake-like pupils folding inwards.

"I never took you for someone who took walks Eclipse." The figure spun round, the cloak flapping about like a great pair of wings. Another tall figure was leaning against the wall of the wedding-dress shop. Like Eclipse, the new arrival was covered in a thick black cloak. Eclipse seemed to relax, the flapping fabric of his cloak falling back into stillness. The new arrival chuckled lightly, pushing himself off the wall and striding over to Eclipse. "Why'd do you come here Eclipse?" demanded the new arrival, coming to a stop in front of Eclipse. He had a clipped but friendly way of speaking. Unlike Eclipse however, this new arrival's gaze was a bright emerald. They glowed the same way as Eclipse's however, the colors mingling together. "Why'd you come here Eclipse?" The arrival demanded, his voice losing the friendly tone. "You were warned."

"You don't say." Eclipse chuckled and the blue eyes narrowed. "Aw come on James." He growled, noticing the narrowed eyes of his companion.The voice that wormed its way from underneath the thick fabric covering Eclipse's mouth, was cool, and seemed to worm its way through the air. "I can't have a simple stroll through the city?" James snorted rather loudly. Eclipse sighed, shrugging his rather broad shoulders. Now that he noticed it, Eclipse saw that he was slightly taller than James. As one, the pair of cloaked figures made their way down the street. Their eyes glowing brightly, despite the blazing orange of the surrounding buildings. Eclipse chuckled again, the sound muffled by his thick coverings. "So the council sent you did they?" he demanded, unable to hide the sneer in his voice. James turned his head slightly, so that one of his Emerald eyes glared out at him. "Of course." Eclipse snarled, stamping his foot down onto the cobblestones.

"You were warned Eclipse." The was a bite of impatience in James's voice now. The pair had walked into a small square, with three different pathways branching out. A small fountain was playing in the middle of the square. It was a circular fountain, made of white marble. James and Eclipse walked over to it and Jay sat down, the cloak bending like a second skin around the body as he settled onto the marble. "You know the dangers of appearing in Canterlot Eclipse, yet you still feel the need to wander down the streets?" James sounded politely incredulous. Eclipse snorted incredulously, narrowing his ruby-red gaze at Jay. "Don't look at me like that Eclipse." James snarled leaning back slightly so that specks of water hit the cloak covering his body. "At least I know how to hide. You just go strolling up the street in plain bloody sight!" Eclipse sighed thickly through the shroud covering his face. James narrowed his glowing eyes.

Eclipse was about to argue when the sound of clopping hooves made the two stop. The pair turned to look down one of the other streets. A pair of Unicorns had appeared, walking down the street and talking animatedly. One was a stallion. He had white fur and navy a blue mane, blue eyes and was wearing a monocle over his right eye. He was also wearing a stylish, black tuxedo. The Stallions companion was a mare, also with white fur but she had a pink mane and violet eyes. The mare was clad in a long, flowing white dress, with several ribbons tied throughout it. Both Unicorns had been talking animatedly but stopped as soon as their eyes found James and Eclipse. The two Unicorns froze. Their faces twisted into grimaces of surprise, then they turned and began trotting quickly away. Eclipse moved quicker. there was a flash and two grey objects flashed across the square. There was two sickening cracks as the round grey spheres hit the ponies across the back of the neck.

"Was that really necessary Eclipse?" Jay asked coldly, standing up as the two Unicorns crumpled to the floor. Eclipse chuckled as the two spheres floated up from the floor and moved over to the pair. The spheres could've been made of metal or some other metallic substance. The spheres pressed through the folds of Eclipses cloak and vanished, not leaving a single bulge or any sign that they'd been there before. Eclipse had moved so fast that it looked as though he'd barely moved. James sighed, theatrically, moving over to the unconscious ponies and checked them. Eclipse narrowed his glowing eyes slightly, watching his companion. "There's no permanent damage to them but really Eclipse," James stood back up again, narrowing his own glowing orbs. "The truth seeker orbs? Really?" James shook his head. Eclipse snorted again, feeling anger rising inside of him.

"I have not come out here to be lectured like a child James!" He snarled as James walked back over to him. "You should do well to remember that!" James's eyes had narrowed, so much so that they were now sapphire blue slits. "Remember James," Eclipse muttered warningly, "We must remain in secret till the time is right. A fight would bring guards running." James, despite the thickness of the cloak, tensed. Eclipse could see the thin muscles preparing to spring. "Willing to have a go?" Eclipse asked mockingly. Then James relaxed and his eyes returned to normal. Eclipse relaxed too, feeling a sense of relief. Both he and James had nearly the same power. If they had fought, the devastation would bring guards running. And guards were exactly the one thing that they did not need right now. "I apologize James." Despite the words, the sneer in Eclipse's voice made it clear, the apology was empty. James nodded, barely moving his head.

Both figures turned to look back at the two unconscious Unicorns. Both turned their glowing gazes back towards each other. As if by some silent agreement, the two figures made their way over to the two prone ponies. Their eyes seemed to glow brighter and the two Unicorns floated upwards to hover a few centimeters off the ground, as though held up by invisible strings. Both floated over to a nearby bench and were dumped onto the wood with a dull thumps. James and Eclipse took a minute to examine the two unconscious forms, trying to look at it from an outsiders perspective. Two ponies, a night of partying and heavy drinking who had both collapsed onto the bench and fallen asleep. Just a simple nighttime accident. An innocent accident. By the time the night was over, the bruises caused by Eclipses spheres would have faded. There would have been no evidence that anything had happened. By that time, Eclipse of James would've have vanished.

"I'm guessing your here to check up on the project?" James asked. Eclipse nodded. The two figures looked up. The moon glowed a pearly white, hanging in the sky like a single, giant eye. Eclipse chuckled softly, turning his head slightly, as James had done before, so that one crimson orb watched his companion silently. "Project Suki-No-Mei." James whispered the name as though frightened that saying it any louder might bring danger. The crimson orb widened slightly, but Eclipse made no other visible movement. James chuckled, turning his head to look back at the moon. "When do we move?" James demanded, sounding eager. Eclipse tore his gaze from James's face and walked back over to the fountain. James didn't move, continuing to stare upwards at the moon. "I didn't follow you down here for you to give me the silent treatment." James sighed sounding tired and exasperated. Eclipse didn't say anything until he'd settled himself on the marble.

"Once the heir arrives and the we break the Elements of Harmony, then we'll commence the main part of the project." He said coolly. James tensed again. There was now a hint of steel in Eclipse's voice. "The spell is still too powerful to break just now. Chrysalis will make sure that the spell weakens enough for us." James nodded, moving over to sit next to Eclipse. "Though...when we launch the project," Eclipse said, speaking slowly as though he was thinking about every single word coming out of his mouth. "We will still need to finish the essence transfer. It's essential." James nodded shaking his hooded head. Eclipse sighed, getting up with a groan of exertion. "I think you were right James." He mummered beginning to work back the way they had come. "We should get back. I do relish the chance to listen to another of Robin's speeches." James gave a low chuckle, before getting up and following Eclipse. But just before the two figures disappeared back down into the street, James took one last look at the moon. The glowing blue eyes blinked once. Then the two figures disappeared.


Princess Celestia sighed as she wandered along the darkened halls of the Castle. She and her sister, Princess Luna had shared this castle for only a few months, since her little sisters return from banishment. The Alicorn passed an ornate mirror seated upon a plinth. It was a gift from one of the neighboring kingdoms. She stopped to stare into the glass. A violet gaze stared back at her, with white fur and an iridescent mane that rippled as though it was caught in a non-existent breeze. A white horn was sticking up from under a small golden crown, perched atop her head. In what could be seen of her body, Celestia saw exhaustion etched into every part of her body. Her wings, once majestic, were now slightly bedraggled. Her fur, which used to glow brightly, even in this darkness, seemed duller, grayer. Her eyes had dark bags under her eyes. She sometimes wondered why she bothered sometimes. She really didn't

It was often late at night, such as tonight, when she found herself wandering through the halls, often thinking of things that were troubling her. She hated these thoughts. As Princess of Equestria, her problems tended to be far larger than any other. It couldn't be solved by taking a headache tablet, or doing something that would normally relax oneself. Her duties constrained her as tightly as a straight-jacket, binding her so tightly she felt she would choke. Her sister wasn't faring any better. Since returning from banishment, Luna had been ridiculed, abused and tortured by the many ponies she was supposed to rule over. Celestia felt a stab of anger. Why couldn't ponies just accept Luna for what she was. A princess. Celestia's sister. Even though Alicorns lived for thousands upon thousands of years, Celestia sometimes wished Alicorns had the same life span as the average pony. It would make grudges so much easier to handle. Much, much easier. She sighed.

A small cough brought the Alicorn out of her revere. Looking into the mirror, she smiled, showing pearly white teeth. Something had appeared behind her. It stood, wrapped from head to foot in grey wrappings. Two long arms were hung out it in front, cradling a guitar. She knew that guitar. She couldn't see the figures eyes but she knew what color they would be. She also knew why the figure was here. The Alicorn turned calmly to face her companion. Her inviting smile had not faltered. Celestia took a few steps forward until she was right in front the figure. He as tall as she was now. It unnerved her slightly to see how much he had changed.

"Hello Rick." The Princess mummered, looking up into the figure's face. "I assume there's a good reason for you being here?" But of course, Celestia already knew the answer. Rick did not turn up, unless it was for a good reason. "What is it this time Rick?" Celestia sighed. It was one problem after another today.